[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just got these DBZ WCF's for $5. I'm new to WCF, would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: 8edujia.png (247KB, 292x316px) Image search: [Google]
8edujia.png
247KB, 292x316px
Just got these DBZ WCF's for $5. I'm new to WCF, would you say they're good?
>>
cute kind of like you ;)
>>
>>6022262
I would say they're not toys.
>>
>>6022277
ur not a toy
>>
>>6022277
What are they then?
>>
File: 254.jpg (3MB, 2500x1875px) Image search: [Google]
254.jpg
3MB, 2500x1875px
>>6022340
Since they're /a/-related figurines, /toy/ doesn't approve of them. I've got a decent collection of the One Piece ones, as well as a few miscellaneous ones. I like them and think they're neat if you can get them for a reasonable price (their US MSRP is $15 apiece). Some older figures get listed for insane prices though.
>>
File: 222.jpg (2MB, 2500x1875px) Image search: [Google]
222.jpg
2MB, 2500x1875px
>>6022352
You can typically get them cheap through eBay auctions, third-party Amazon sellers, and sites like Rakuten Global and Madarake.
>>
>>6022355
these are the little shits that they sell by the cashier in konbinis, aren't they?
>>
>>6022262
Do you need someone to tell you what they are? Can you not form your own opinion?
>>
>>6022364
YES. I. AM. A. ROBOT.
>>
>>6022363
I'm not entirely sure. I just order mine online. The Japanese sites I've ordered through made them out to be prize figures.
>>
>>6022401
nice try, but that's not how robots talk
>>
>>6022262
WCF are pretty cool, but don't buy from ebay unless it's a jap seller. And even then, be careful. They get bootlegged to fuck and back, and imported back into Japan.

>>6022277
They're UFO prize figures, and thus can fit into the general Gashapon umbrella. It's been long established that Gashapon are accepted here.

Please try and absorb board culture by lurking for more than 3 minutes, then you'd know that /v/-kun.
>>
>>6022262
Is that supposed to be Goku if he had grown up as Kakarot? Why doesn't this Vegeta have his tail?
>>
>>6022277
They seem to be toys as much as MUSCLE dudes or coin machine ninjas are
>>
>>6022580
>Why doesn't this Vegeta have his tail?

Are your eyes broken?
>>
File: 164.jpg (2MB, 2500x1875px) Image search: [Google]
164.jpg
2MB, 2500x1875px
>>6022561
>They get bootlegged to fuck and back
I've seen some rough ones. I got these two for $10 each, which is WAY under the usual asking price as they're from the very first One Piece set released, after an eBay seller listed them for $80 and $50 respectively or best offer. They claimed that they'd bought them in Japan upon their initial release and they were uncertain of their authenticity. The seller's eagerness to accept such a low offer right off the bat had me figuring they would be bootlegs when I got them, but the Japan bit had me cautiously optimistic. Aside from some rough paint application in some areas, which I was able to fix myself, they're pretty good aside from the cheap-feeling stand pegs (Shiki's snapped off a tiny bit on the end when I first tried to adjust it).
>>
>>6022561
>dat projection
>>
File: 20150209_1b.jpg (75KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
20150209_1b.jpg
75KB, 640x480px
>>6022580
That's kid Goku if he was Kakarot. He's based on Dragon Ball Minus with his parents similarly included in the set. His mother is horrendously expensive on the secondary market.

Dragon Ball Minus directly contradicts Bardock: Father of Goku and is therefore automatically shit, but introducing us to Kakarot's mother is something I am grateful for.
>>
>>6023052
Fucking Jaco, man. That's what started all this for me. I read the manga and loved him in Resurrection 'F', so I decided to look into just a little something to toss on my desk. One year later and I've got nearly to display cases full of WCF.
>>
>>6023044
>dat deflection
/v/-kun...
>>
>>6023078
>even more projection
>>
They are really REALLY low quality statues. With thin your paint type of paintjob and ugly bases. I had some JoJos and One Piece. More than 500 yen a piece (of any artificial rarity - same faults) is robbery.
>>
>>6022352
I don't get it...

Why are figurines not toys?

In the scope of the history of man, articulation is really new.
Are army men not considered toys?
Are balls not considered toys?
>>
>>6023505
Articulation doesn't define a toy. The rule against "figurines" is to zero in on non-toy statueshit. Things that are clearly not play things in any way.
>>
>>6023505
I think because these are more like statuettes meant for display, while a toy is meant to play with. In your example of army men, you're meant to set up a display and then they fight (the way kids use them anyways), whereas with these you would display them and just have them there. They're not in fighting poses, more just standing there to look pretty. It's a fine line, and I feel it's more opinion based. Generally, things with bases barring old school figurines like army men, are more for display. And then once you reach a certain size, things that don't move tend to generally always be statues.

I do consider the ball a toy, of course. Joints don't make something a toy, perhaps an action figure though.
>>
>>6023513
>They're not in fighting poses

Some are
>>
Is that Bardock, or some alternate universe Kakarotto?
>>
>>6022900
Those are really nice compared to bootlegs I've seen.
>>
>>6023505
The rules were meant to specify japenese girl statues as not allowed, because they are a fetish and hot glue fodder and taint every collector's forum.
Statues in general are figurines, just cause it doesn't have articulation it doesn't mean it's not a toy.

It's been well past the time that they fix rule number 2 to clarify that.
>>
>>6024670
Yeah, this.

Gashapon/prize toys like WCF are toys, and that's why they're allowed and always have been allowed on /toy/. Nobody is jerking off on them. But you get people that don't understand that, and you see a lot of unnecessary rule-flagging. It's not their faults for following the letter of the law, because it's right there in plain english and they can cite it without knowing the nuances of the place.

Really it's the fault of the powers-that-be for not expanding upon evolving board standards and updating rule language. It's the divisive Second Amendment of /toy/.
>>
>>6024670
With the RAREST of exceptions, most statues are boring beyond their initial impact and are glorified paperweights. WCFs especially have about as much play value as a wedding cake topper, so how are they toys besides being made of brightly colored plastic?
>>
>>6028109
>my autism only allows strict and unwavering views of things!
That's really amazing, you're very brave.
>>
>>6028109
They might not be toys, but they are figurines.
If every single other kind of non-articulated figurine is acceptable in here as long as it's plastic, pvc, urethane, rasin or vynil and small, then the rest is also acceptable. The only thing that isn't is anime girls statues.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.