[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do other people react to your toy collecting hobby? Do your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: aba.png (110KB, 448x424px) Image search: [Google]
aba.png
110KB, 448x424px
How do other people react to your toy collecting hobby? Do your friends, family or gf / bf knows it? Do they appreciare it? Do you post toy pics in your social medias? Share your experiences, anon!

Me: closest friends know and make fun of it, M and D says that I spend too much of my money in toys ahd luckily GF has a few bootleg figs (she is poor). I also ocasionally throw a random toy pic of my collection in instagram and facebook.
>>
>and
>appreciate

Fix'd
>>
Sometimes when my friends are over and we're hanging out I'll show them a new figure I know that they'll enjoy as normies. SHF Bruce Lee and Neca Police Assault Terminator, for example. They like it, sometimes it bowls them over seeing how far toys have come since the 80's/early 90s. Never got flak for it.
>>
>>6021781
I haven't told any of my friends but when my mother was visiting she was so dissapointed, in fact she was more upset with my toy collection than she was when she found out my sister was addicted to pain killers.

I haven't told my bf either, because he's really into sports and I'm worried he'll judge me. He knows I'm into anime but his knowledge of anime is basically just DBZ and he doesn't show much interest in it beyond that.
>>
>>6021781
My brother said it's creepy
My mother doesn't mind it
My father is disappoint

>social media
Where do you think you are
>>
My friends are the ones that often give me that final push to actually purchase the toys i want.

My Mum fuels it too, she buys and sells vintage toys for a living and she will send me photos of anything she thinks I will like if shes out at a sale.

I also often go through her stock to grab things I want for myself/can sell to friends and help her sell stuff she has no idea about.
>>
This fucking thread AGAIN. And the last one's only been off the board a day or two.
Christ you faggots and your circle jerks. Is this the only way you can feel good about yourselves, sitting around ad telling each other it's OK to like toys, ad-nauseam?
>>
>>6021926
>he cared enough to post
>>
>>6021822
maybe you should surround yourself with better people in your life, you don't have to adapt yourself to others, you have to find people who are fine with the way you are

like, I totally NEVER understand these kind of threads/problems
family cannot be chosen, if your mother is disappointed sucks for you, but EVERY single other person in your life is someone you can chose, and especially a boyfriend should be your ally even if you're into shitting into 4 years old kids mouths, if that's what turns you on.

there are couples that share pedophilia, I'm pretty sure you can find someone with your same interests as you, or at least, who wouldnt shit on them
>>
My parents don't mind, they just think it's childish that I would spend that much on things I enjoy.
Brother is a bigger collector than I am so naturally we get along.
Last GF was neutral about it, she used to poke fun but never really cared. her only concern was the horror figures, she said they were creepy and didn't want them in our room.
I just started dating a new girl like 2 weeks ago, she doesn't know yet. Hoping this goes well
>>
My friends are jealous of some of the cooler things I have. My girlfriend isn't into it, but understands. My parents are just glad I'm not spending all my money on drugs like my brother. Everyone (myself included) thinks I need to find ways to make less of a mess with it.
>>
>>6021822
Make you should get a nerd boyfriend instead of a normie.
>>
>>6022621
>>6021976
>assuming I could get another bf
my bf is cute but really judgy and I doubt I could do better, best not to look a gift horse in the mouth and all that
>>
File: 1413934974998.png (19KB, 512x323px) Image search: [Google]
1413934974998.png
19KB, 512x323px
My boyfriend thinks it's a waste of money in some ways (which I can't argue against), but he puts up with it and that's all that matters.
>>
>>6022621
>get a nerd boyfriend instead of a normie

Kek. Even nerd girls dont want anything to do with nerd guys.
>>
>>6021781
I'm new to the hobby, started this year, never heard anything really negative about it.
>My mom
is happy I have interests and I always show her figures I'm considering getting, she really likes some of them.
>My dad
doesn't really care, sometimes he comes in my room and says they look cool, he likes that I keep them organised.
>My friends
Most of them are not really aware. The closest ones don't really care. Once I tried showing a pic to a friend he glanced and ignored it in a pretty rude way, but I understand that he isn't interested. Each one is different I guess, some say that they're nice but expensive, one is really interested even. Overall it's pretty chill.
Oh, I don't post them in social media, but I don't use social media in general.
>>
File: 1467926655949.png (180KB, 546x535px) Image search: [Google]
1467926655949.png
180KB, 546x535px
>>6021781
>Parents
Mom thinks they're cute now that I sold all the ones that she didn't approve of. Dad's too busy being a schizo psychotic to notice them.
>Friends
They both think it's autistic.
>gf/bf
lmao my dude

Why did I even post.
>>
My mom and friends don't judge me. My dad kinda does as a joke, so I don't mind. I don't have a girlfriend so they don't judge, but if I did I think it may be a turn off.
>>
My mom think's it's ok. Hell, she even helps me buy them if I'm willing to repay. My dad think's it's neat too, since I'm able to rope him in with normie characters he likes. My friends and relatives either don't care, don't know, or think it's neat. Really, the only one that my collection's ever had any issues with is my wallet...
>>
>>6021822
>she was more upset with my toy collection than she was when she found out my sister was addicted to pain killers
Sounds like a shit mom tbqh

Don't return her calls anymore if her priorities are genuinely that fucked
>>
>friends
My friend, singular, is a literal hoarder and collects weirder shit than I do (he has 15-20 furbies, ventriloquist dolls, obscure barbie knock-offs, and other e-bay fodder).
>family
Dad doesn't know, mom doesn't complain too much.
>bf
He bitches sometimes because I hoard as well, but doesn't judge me for what I bring home.
>social media
Let's be real
>>
Dad openly supports it, he even accompanies me toy hunting every once in a while.

Mom isn't exactly a fan but she doesn't give a shit about it since it's my own money.

I have no friends.
>>
>friends
One doesn't really care and the other I helped get Figma Berserker armor Guts.
>family
father doesn't know, mother seems okay with it
>bf
Likes gunpla
>social media
ahahaha fuck social media
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.