[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know there are the Bandai effects and Obitsu Effects - is there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: effects.jpg (157KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
effects.jpg
157KB, 1000x600px
I know there are the Bandai effects and Obitsu Effects - is there any other brand that sell effects?

Also, what's the best place to buy them?

I know there are also some bootlegs but I have no idea on how to search for them.

Effects General, I guess.
>>
Vendors sell amazing bootlegs of these in the Philippines but you won't ever get a good deal on these bootlegs on the internet as their cheaper in person. Bootlegs are always cheaper at markets. Just buy legit versions from Ebay or Amazon when their on sale if you can.
>>
Bandai/Obitsu is pretty much your main options. For bootlegs (of the Bandai stuff, not sure if Obitsu KOs even exist), Aliexpress, eBay, or any website with a large Chinese community will be your best bets.
Simply searching the name should be enough, as it's obvious what is and isn't bootleg (quality being the main factor, description often lists it as "Chinese" version and such).

Otherwise, check out YJA, Mandarake, Amiami's pre-owned, etc. Most Bandai effects such as the ground and flame effects are discontinued, and I find HLJ restocks the Obitsu stuff often. The water effects were on clearance on Amiami not too long ago, not sure about that now.
>>6020722
Kinda useless advice.
>>
File: IMG_1964.jpg (428KB, 1536x1835px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1964.jpg
428KB, 1536x1835px
Can of Beams makes a bunch of bootleg effects parts.

http://www.canofbeams.com
>>
Why not make your own?
Not the plastic ones, of course, but I've always liked those stop-motion videos where they use cotton or the like and color it so it looks like beam or fire or smoke or explosions.
>>
>>6020734

Does Bandai ever reissue that shit? I want the red flames but everywhere they're more expensive than the blue.
>>
>>6023699
It was already reissued.
>>
>>6023744

But will they reissue it again?
>>
>>6023556
>Can of Beams makes a bunch of bootleg effects parts.

All of his effect parts are original creations. Nothing he sells is bootleg.

Also, I'm not sure you understand what bootleg means.
>>
>>6023761
He probably just meant it interchangeably with third party.

I've seen people do that before plenty.
>>
any good effects for laser shots or bullet fire?
>>
>>6024031
Depends what for, but not really. Guns have way too much variance in design for universal muzzle flash effects to work out.
>>
TONS of cool stuff here:

http://www.articulatedcomicbookart.com/product-category/accessories/
>>
>>6024071
Lol
>>
>>6024071
>http://www.articulatedcomicbookart.com/product-category/accessories/
My favorite thing they did was try to sell "spider-man webs" that were bare twist ties.
>>
File: dogyaaans[1].jpg (111KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
dogyaaans[1].jpg
111KB, 600x400px
>>6023746
Spam Bluefin/Tamashii Nation's facebook page for a reissue. I didn't get it on the 1st release then it's price went up on the aftermarket then they reissued it and I bought one(red). They can probably reissue it again since their is no licensing needed for a bunch of flames.

Speaking of effects, I am still waiting for this to be released:

http://obibearmax.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-52.html
>>
>>6023556

Good luck ordering from that faggot. He literally has sales for 5 minutes every 3 months or so. Literally a 5 minute window per item. I also think they're a little overpriced. His stuff is good though. I've bought a special beam cannon, kamehameha, and blood splatter pack and I like them all.
>>
>>6025760
Canofbeams here.

The windows are short because shit sells out, and up until early october I was doing sales about twice a month.

I know the short windows suck, but there is literally nothing I can do about it, since I'm one person and not a machine.

That's why I announce the windows days ahead of time and remind people about it over and over and over again, but it typically doesn't matter because most people don't read and think I'm bullshitting them that 15 kamehamehas can be gone in less than 60 seconds.

The last time I put those up I had I think 6 and they were gone in 17 seconds.

I get shitty emails about it every time I have a sale, typically of the sort of people calling me a "fucking kike" or something.
>>
File: pepatama.jpg (117KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
pepatama.jpg
117KB, 800x600px
El cheapo 2D effect if you have the patience.

http://slist.amiami.com/top/search/list?s_keywords=pepatama&submit=Search&pagemax=40
>>
>>6025841
nigga I just want a Solarbeam reissue

your beams are great though
>>
>>6025760
I remember him posting in a Gunpla thread about his effects and kept going on about he will only tell how he did them once he puts them on his blog. Which he never did.
>>
>>6023699
You're not looking hard enough. Go out into the real world, you'll find them more often than anything else.
>>
>>6025841
Ignore those idiots. They don't deserve to have your products.

You do a freat job. Keep up the good work!
>>
>>6026755
I do. I generally just pass those emails around to my friends and we all laugh about it.

>>6026730
Because I'm not doing it until I get a secondary project off the ground. I have meetings about getting production support for two products we've been working on in december, so, maybe then.

>>6026727
Next time I'm selling shit, send me an email and tell me you want a solar beam and I'll make you a new one.

It's literally just a rescaled orange or yellow kamehameha. I'll slot you in.
>>
File: 1475895788656.gif (796KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1475895788656.gif
796KB, 500x281px
>>6026865
>Next time I'm selling shit, send me an email and tell me you want a solar beam and I'll make you a new one.
>>
>>6026187

Oh man, that would look really good with some low-poly vidya figures, isn't there a blocky Snake figure?
>>
>>6027422
That'd be the alt head for the nendo.
>>
>>6025841
As someone who's never bought your stuff...I kinda wanna buy your stuff now. I totally get that stuff like this can sell out faster then people can even hit add to cart, so don't let asshats get to you about stuff you really can't control.
>>
>>6025841
Any chance of ever seeing a flamey ground effect something akin to the fiery effect in OP? I don't know what goes into these so I'm just putting the suggestion out there.
>>
>>6027849
I did a sculpt and recast of one, but I had a lot of trouble with it, and while working on it they announced those so I pulled back from it.

I have been working on some paint formulation that would hopefully allow for flexible fire pieces, so you could bend and repurpose them, but that's turned in to kind of a white whale. It's the same sort of thing I figured out to do the spiderman webs I do and avoid paint cracking and flaking, but trying to do that with clear colors is a whole other issue.
>>
>>6027893
Ah, well I'll keep an eye on your stuff, I'm a sucker for effect parts.

Thanks for the response!
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.