[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT; Re-Imagine a franchise of your choice as an early 90s toyline,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 9

ITT; Re-Imagine a franchise of your choice as an early 90s toyline, including variants and vehicles.
>>
File: Army-of-Darkness-1192.jpg (2MB, 2078x3053px) Image search: [Google]
Army-of-Darkness-1192.jpg
2MB, 2078x3053px
Evil Dead/Army of Darkness

Chainsaw-Choppin' Ash
Jaw-Droppin' Ash
Multi-Arm Ash with Chainsaw and Claw Hands
Metal-Fist Slammin' Ash
Boomstick-Blastin' Ash
Head-Spinnin' Deadite
Explodin' Deadite
Sword-Slashin' Evil Ash
Neck Stretchin' Henrietta

Vehicles:
Medieval Mashing Wagon
S-Mart Chopping Cart
Electronic Cabin Playset

Ultimate Talking Ash
>>
>>6001131
Power Spark Static
Power Glow Hotstreak
Power Armor Gears
Stretchin' Rubber Band Man
Flash n Slash Shiv with light up wrist and translucent weapon accessories.
Flap Trap Talon with wing flapping, feather launching action.
Night Shifter Ebon with color change paint and portal trap accessory.
Slamin' & Jammin' Static Shaq
Karate Kickin' Kangor
Hero-changer She-bang
Hero-changer Virgil
Hero-changer Richie
>>
>>6001335

>One Static
>>
>>6001162
You reminded me, I need to keep on working on this
>>
File: the tarman .jpg (685KB, 2054x2299px) Image search: [Google]
the tarman .jpg
685KB, 2054x2299px
>>6001665
Also here's mine:

Return of The Living Dead: the toyline

Oozin' action Tarman
Ravishin', Ravenous Trash(with flip change head, goes from sexy Trash to zombie TRash
Zombie-Smashin' Suicide
Suicide's Rad Cadillac, with Anti-Zombie missile
Zombifyin' Freddy-Turns from human to zombie with hot and cold water
Screamin' Tina
Brain-bitin' Half-zombie
>>
File: LegoIcePlanetFemale.jpg (53KB, 460x690px) Image search: [Google]
LegoIcePlanetFemale.jpg
53KB, 460x690px
Ice Planet 2020:

Commander Cold
Ice Planet Astronaut (needs new name)
Ice Planet Female (needs new name)
Ice Planet Droids (three? variants)

Ice Enlarger
Snow Scooter
Space Diver
Ice Tunnelator
Celestial Sled
Blizzard Baron
Ice-Sat V
Deep Freeze Defender
Ice Station Odyssey

Done.
>>
>>6001855
Brock Avalanche
Vanessa Frost

The droid would be named something like # - B-LO, you'd have a name like 10 Below.
>>
File: image.gif (991KB, 478x243px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
991KB, 478x243px
>>6002034
>#-BLO

Read that as 'Pound Blow'
>>
>>6001131
>PepsiMen Refreshment Force
>Amazing Melting PepsiMan ( a man shaped icetray to pour pepsi into)
>Can launching Refresh-Rangers (miniature fake cans that you press up on the lid to shoot out a little PepsiMan)
>Colonel Classic PepsiMan with Lemon Twist action (arm gimmick action figures that spins his wrist around as he holds a lemon shaped weapon)
>Doctor Diet with Bottlezooka (action figure that comes with a bottle shaped bazooka and shoots translucent brown missiles)
>Major Max with Ice Spinning action (action figure with little ice block shaped fists and spinning gimmick on his waist)

All i could come up with in a couple of minutes.
>>
Goddamn, I miss toy lines like these.

I'm not in the mindset right now to come up with each figure, but:

The Last Dragon, with interchangeable Glow hands and feet.
>>
File: image.jpg (277KB, 947x510px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
277KB, 947x510px
-Kenner Prometheus-

-Flame-Throwing Vickers (retooling of the Kenner Ripley)
-Mutated Fiefield first edition ('babyface' version with swinging arms via wheel on back)
-Mutated Fiefield second edition (original cut version that resembles a Xenomorph, but retooling of first edition)
-Axe-Chopping Shaw (stereotypical 'karate-chop action' for hand with axe accessory)
-Mutating Holloway (swappable head and arms from human to veiny grotesque pieces with torn spacesuit)
-Hammerpede pack (set of two bendy-hammerpedes scaled up to 6" long and .5" thick, one head closed and one opened)
-Deluxe Last Engineer (chair suit with removable helmet and gigeresque missile-weapon)
-Battle-Damage David 8 (exploding Scorpion Alien gimmick)
-Deluxe Sacrificial Engineer (body falls apart with a push of a button, uses string attachments to body parts like the 2005 King Kong monster gimmick 'sweet spot')
-Deluxe Trilobite (grasping action like Queen Facehugger with bendy tentacles added)
-Deluxe Playset Deacon Chestburster (scaled up Last Engineer corpse with rubber body and spring-loaded platform to launch Deacon out. Comes with blackish slime similar to the Queen Hive set)
-Deluxe Playset Alien-Analysis Laboratory (examination room set that comes with Shaw in labcoat attire with slime-oozing Engineer head that gushes slime from eyes, mouth, and opening on cranium with a push of a pump)
-Rover vehicle with missile-launchers and pull-string winch.
>>
>>6002067

>TFW Funko could make a sub-line of Re-Action based around 90s toys, but are still obsessed with the "lol80s" style.
>>
Doom.

In toy biz resident evil style

Doomguy and imp with gib action
Red doomguy with demon with chomping jaw action
Blue doomguy with zombie sarge
Berserker pack doomguy with lost souls
Battle damaged doomguy(doom 2 cover) with weapon set, bfg and double barrel shotgun, chainsaw
Deluxe infight pack ball lightning firing cacodemon and hell knight with energy blast launcher hands
Missile firing cyberdemon with lost soul swarm
>>
>>6001665

HARRY IS THIS YOU?
>>
>>6002168
That would require creativity, and wouldn't appeal to the hipsters who ironically like things that look bad.
>>
Archer
All vehicles have a hidden minibar
>>
File: pacific-rim-poster-banner.jpg (525KB, 2048x1024px) Image search: [Google]
pacific-rim-poster-banner.jpg
525KB, 2048x1024px
-Trendmasters Pacific Rim

-Chainsaw Slash Gypsy Danger (Press back button for it to move it's arm up and down.)
-Extending Punch Cherno Alpha (With Spring-Loaded Arms activated by pressing the button on it's lower elbow.)
-Spin and Slash Striker Eureka (Pull it's torso back and squeeze it's legs so it can "spin")
-Saw Smash Crimson Typhoon (Pull back right arm and release for "slamming")
-Double Blaster Coyote Tango (Launches missiles from it's shoulder turrets)
-Slash Chop Tactic Ronin (Squeeze legs so it's waust goes back and fourth for rapid "slashing" kinda like Eureka)
-Rapid Blast Romeo Blue
-Ice Canon Horizon Brave
-Chop Smash Knifehead (Squeeze arms for it's head to ho up and down)
-Crush Grab Leatherback (Spring-activated "squeezing" action)
-Headbutting Trespasser
-Horn Slame Axehead
-Arm Smash Scunner
-Biting Mutavore
-Wing-Flapping Otachi (Squeeze legs for it to flap it's wings.)

-Deluxe Gypsy Danger with light and sound
-Deluxe Knifehead with light and sound
>>
You know Attack on Titan would make a great 90s toyline in the vein of Jurassic Park/World with deluxe Titans and a wall playset, though I don't know how the scouts would be different from each other.
>>
>>6001665
>>6001753
I'm already imagining Ash vs Tarman
>>
File: 8.jpg (153KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
153KB, 1280x1024px
>>6003528

Also a Ratchet and Clank toyline from Playmates in the vein of Earthworm Jim with (I only played the original three BTW) at least three variants of Ratchet with a different Clank, Captain Qwark with his monkey, and Dr. Nefarious with a small Lawrence, with one of the ships as a vehicle.

Prototype for future series and vehicles would be shown at a toy fair or promos, but cancelled a while later in true 90s Playmates fashion.
>>
>>6001131
the only T2 fig i never saw at the store was john conner.
>>
>>6001162
Damn...you win
>>
>>6007030

Also each card has Ash making a one liner about the figure in a cartoony speech bubble.
>>
Hasbro/Kenner Metal Gear Solid 5

-Combat Fatigues Venom (with basic rifle and handgun)
-Sneaking Suit Venom (With Tranq Pistol and sniper rifle)
-Battle Suit Venom (with Shotgun and a rocket launcher)
-Shirtless Venom (with heavy machine-gun for an extra Rambo homage)
-Diamond Dog Soldier (Male Variant
-Diamond Dog Soldier (Female Variant)
-Skullface (With lever action rifle and vocal cord parasite containers)
-XOF soldier (Male variant)
-XOF soldier (Female variant)
-The man on fire (With light up eyes and spring mechanism in his arm allowing for 'flame' projectiles to be launched)
-Soviet soldier (rifleman variant)
-Soviet Soldier (Machinegun variant)
-Soviet Soldier (Bomb suit variant)
-Quiet (with a variety of sniper rifles)
-Ocelot (with 2 revolvers)
-Code talker (with pull back and go, wheelchair action)

-Deluxe Motherbase playset (a scale version of the motherbase command platform, with some details like ladders, handrails, a helipad and some mounted machine guns.
-Desert Base playset (a hodgepodge playset incorporating various details from the soviet bases in Afghanistan. With details such as old brick buildings, small satellite dishes, a radio shed, guard tower etc.)
-Diamond Dogs transport helicopter (A blackhawk helicopter with DD markings, with a Pequod figurine that would be exclusive to this set)
>>
>>6001162
Shame neca will mever do this but those fugly megos instead
>>
>>6010459
>Mcfarlane leaks spoilers
>Asian companys will never trust the west because of this

Thank god
>>
Well my favourite franchise is Evangelion, so let's see. Obviously they'd all come in pre-sculpted poses with minimal articulation, and they'd come with all sorts of silly weapons that had nothing to do with the show.

>Unit 01 with knife-swinging action (complete with comically oversized progressive knife)
>Chrome finish Unit 01 with Angel-blasting shoulder cannons
>Unit 02 with launching power gauntlet
>Chrome finish Unit 02 with glaive-spinning action (accomplished via springloaded waist)
>Unit 00 with water-squirting "acid gun"
>Chrome finish Unit 00 with Lance-throwing action
>Unit 03 with heli-pack
>Infected Unit 03 with flailing arms (similar mechanism to Kenner Mantis Alien, but arms are bendy wire for WACKY ACTION POSES)
>Unit 04 with swappable drill arm
>Berserk Unit 01 with explodin' restraints
>Shinji, Asuka and Rei with NERV attack VTOL
>Misato and Pen-Pen with Battle Car
>Touji, Kensuke and Hikari with Transforming School Fortress playset
>MP Eva with blast-apart action
>Ultimate 12" Unit 01 with space for an action figure, launching fists and umpin' LCL veins
>Ultimate 12" Shinji with sound chip containing Megumi Ogata's best disturbed sobbing and WACKY WANKIN' ACTION!
>>
>>6010475
>Ultimate 12" Unit 01 with space for an action figure, launching fists and umpin' LCL veins

Yo dawg, I heard you like eva unit 01, so we put an eva unit 01 in your eva unit 01 so you can eva unit 01 while you eva unit 01.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.