[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone bought a ripoff Figma before? Are they any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Has anyone bought a ripoff Figma before?
Are they any good?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Game-Character-The-Legend-of-Zelda-Phantom-Hourglass-PVC-Action-Figure-Toy-Collectible-Model-14cm-Doll/32645299096.html
>>
In most cases, they're BETTER than the real thing, and the prices are much much better..
Buy with confidence, and enjoy that savings you're getting.
>>
>>6000608
Yeah, I've heard from some people that Figmas are pretty bad.
I have low standards, so as long as the thing is well painted and doesn't fall apart if I look at it wrong, that's fine by me.
The price is great too.
>>
>>6000609
Go for it then. I've seen a few online, don't own any, but they seem halfway decent. Some people say good things about the Figma Snake (expect paint slop), and I've seen a couple reviews of the Yugi, which looked decent (will need to fix it up a bit like the knee joints need trimming). I've been thinking of maybe grabbing some too. So far just Figuarts Hulk and he's working quite well, just in need of a few repairs.
>>
>>6000626
There's a Yugi figma? Change of plans, I'm getting that instead
>>
>>6000609
That guy is pulling your leg. In most cases they are not "better" than the real thing. They might be better than paying inflated aftermarket prices, but plastic quality, joint tightness, and paint detail goes down.

Maybe try reading some other bootleg Figma reviews.

http://adenofuntime.blogspot.com/2016/03/bootleg-figma-243-solid-snake-review.html
>>
>>6000609
This guy is shitting you. >>6000608

I've encountered bootleg Figmas first before ever actually owning a legit one and they were so bad that they almost put me off from checking out the real thing. Then I actually got one, and I realized how terrible the bootlegs were by comparison.

They're only better for their cheap prices, which doesn't make them worth it at all unless you're good at customizing and even that obviously takes some effort.
>>
>>6000604
The joints are really brittle. I have a knockoff Thinker and when I tried to swap hands (carefully) his joints disintegrated.
>>
>>6000654
>>6000884
samefag.

Nah, don't listen to this guy. He's trying to get you to spend more money than you need to, OP.
A knock off Figma is just as good as the real thing. They use the same plastics, the same joints, the only difference is they are made specifically for distribution in China.

Weebs like this think that the version for Glorious Nippon are superior than anything else. It's just fanboi elitism.
>>
File: madokham-hands.jpg (229KB, 550x761px) Image search: [Google]
madokham-hands.jpg
229KB, 550x761px
>>6001135
It broke because of pic related.
>>
>>6001140
Stop trying to meme on people already, you faggot.
>>
>>6000884
This guy is correct. Unless you need fodder for custom stuff, AVOID. The one exception I can make is the flesh-colored old versions of Archetype He and She. They aren't legit figma quality, but they're decent for part-swapping. Be sure to use hot water to loosen parts BEFORE popping off the joints.
>>
>>6001150
Stop trying to troll OP into spending more money than he has to, asswipe.
Just because you hamhand a figure doesn't mean it's shit quality. That extra chromosome just gives you unnatural 'tard strength.
>>
>>6000884
>>6001135
>>6001166
>>6001150
Look at this samefag.
Fucking troll.
>>
>>6001167
>>6001168
Just fuck off already.
How autistic do you even have to be to try to pull this shit?
>>
>>6000604
Rather than just making words up look at the proof that was posted. We have video reviews, the reviews posted earlier. Look them up and make your own call.

Here's a Saber 2.0 review I came across. It looks like it's pretty decent. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40dto5Jhjvk

And here's Yugi, who also looks pretty good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLY2mOe9iWk

There's also a lot of garbage out there, so make an informed choice.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.