[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I almost never see vintage Star Wars collectors here, so I m

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

I almost never see vintage Star Wars collectors here, so I made a thread separate from the SW general.

Have you seen this on Facebook? It's a custom rocket firing Boba Fett based on the kit bash prototype. Sold by Mark Poon, the Singapore guy who makes the custom Vlix figures. I know he has a bad reputation with some high-end collectors in online forums, but I bought his J-slot Boba on ebay a few years ago and I liked it.

Anyway, if you're into buying custom figures this looks pretty good. I will buy one and report back here when it comes in the mail if anyone is interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZFSgqJkRjE&feature=youtu.be
>>
File: 4L_pdjw3p8p.jpg (624KB, 785x1024px) Image search: [Google]
4L_pdjw3p8p.jpg
624KB, 785x1024px
>>5999755
know nothing about this, but hoping to start a good thread.
>>
File: kitbash.jpg (145KB, 864x609px) Image search: [Google]
kitbash.jpg
145KB, 864x609px
Legendary
>>
Looks great, I wish there was more stuff like this and am shocked that 16 years later we still don't have vintage style prequel toys, especially with the a) huge popularity of funko and super 7 retro toys and b) the massive mark down in quality and cutback in paint and articulation on actual star wars toys. Vintage style figures would print money and fit the current trends so I am completely baffled as to why they haven't become a thing, first for the prequels and now for the new SW stuff.
>>
>>6001071

That's because the prequels are shit and anyone interested in vintage-style figures is old enough to know better.
>>
>>6001169
I agree with you. But i like the design of some of the stuff
>>
>>6000233
>evil villain

Bit redundant, no?
>>
>>6001482
Not ever villain has to be evil.
>>
File: IMG_5606.jpg (155KB, 1230x447px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5606.jpg
155KB, 1230x447px
Here is my vintage Kenner collection
>>
>>6000233
>The way he is bent over to shoot rocket
Lewd
>>
>>6000270
I lost my Stormtrooper and broke Greedo but still have the rest.
>>
File: image.jpg (467KB, 2354x2876px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
467KB, 2354x2876px
>>5999755
Looks kind of like Jodo kast
>>
>>6001071
There's kinda one vintage preqeul thing. The folks who made the shooting boba reproduction also made a Jango variant. It's not much, but why the hell would you want a 19080's styled jar-jar?
>>
>>6001759
Wow, nice condition on the white figures
>>
>>6001759
I like
>>
File: image.jpg (18KB, 209x187px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 209x187px
Who knew as kids in the late seventies and early eighties we were playing with gold.
>>
>>6004193
It really depends, like with modern collections. Some figures are as common as pennies from those years. Some are extremely rare, but nobody wants them.

If you have some in good condition or in the box they are probably valuable. I just saw that working AT-ATs (out of the box) from 1980 were going for $250 and up on ebay. That's about twice their value from 15 years ago, and twice the value from when they were originally sold, so it beats inflation.

What you need is a figure or toy that was rare, in good condition, and has some kind of mystery/legend around it. Rocket firing Boba Fett prototypes are so rare they cost more than a new car today, but think of all the money people have made on the legend of them alone. The custom figures sold on ebay, commissioned figures, that mail-away Boba Fett from Hasbro, the big Gentle Giant version. Even paintings and photo-prints of the prototype are valuable.
>>
I just read some try-hard pseudo-intellectual discussions on the Rebelscum forums about this. They believe that making custom vintage figures of high quality is actually bad for vintage collectors because the money could be used on projects to deceive collectors. They are grasping their pearls because some idiot might pay 30k for this kit-bashed Fett thinking it is a real prototype. O I am laffin'
>>
>>6001071
Remember, these are the folks that took THIRTY YEARS to make 6" figures, and even still under-produce the more popular characters.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.