[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fresh new OP pic this time Come here to talk about all your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 53

File: Untitled.png (3MB, 1845x906px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
3MB, 1845x906px
Fresh new OP pic this time

Come here to talk about all your favorite Toys to Life stuff; Skylanders, Amiibo, Disney Infinity, Lego Dimensions and whatever third party stuff from companies jumping on the money train.

>Pastebinned Info
http://pastebin.com/KEq5q6gM

>Previous thread:
>>5935843
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Upcoming Releases Calendar:

Skylanders:
>Wave 3 (November)
http://skylanderscharacterlist.com/imaginators-release-dates/

Amiibo:
>Bayonetta, Cloud and Corrin Amiibos confirmed. Release fucking never
>Mario Series 2 releasing Nov 2016
>New Zelda series amiibo will be released in December.

Dimensions:
>Wave 7: Newt, Sonic, Gizmo/Stripe, Marceline, ET, Tina (November 18)
>Wave 7.5: Batgirl/Robin, Michael Knight, Excalibur Batman (February 2016)

Finity:
>Spider-Gwen
>Maui and Sons
>Dr. Weird
>Skippy Jif
>Gooby plz
February 31, 20X6
----
Etc:
>Lightseekers Kickstarter reaches $200,000 goal
>Infinite Arms still a thing, i hope
>>
Isn't Disney infinity dead?
>>
>>5994313
Regarding infinite arms, anyone have any idea whatsoever? It seems like it's just disappeared since March or so.
>>
>>5994366
There's a new silhouetted character and other weapons on their website, but that;s it
>>
>>5994904
Those have been around for a while, no? I first found out about it from that IGN article about it and Lightseekers and they were there then too. If progress is happening then great.
>>
File: Untitled.png (733KB, 676x606px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
733KB, 676x606px
Crash makes an appearance and gets his own episode in the new cartoon. He also talks, and is competent

i should be annoyed, but im too old for that
>>
>>5996720
Sonic joins when?
>>
>>5996740
we already have Sonic Boom, which its second season started yesterday.

We should really have Bowser and DK show up though
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_bjch-jtGw

This is actually kinda cute.

If they do end up doing Disney properties in year 3 or beyond, I'd love to see some of their TV shows. Star and Gravity Falls would fit like a glove.
>>
>>5996769
The last time WB and Disney did a thing together was Roger Rabbit
>>
File: 20161026_203455.jpg (955KB, 1575x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20161026_203455.jpg
955KB, 1575x2268px
>>5994313
>when your friend makes fun of you for a year because you don't have lucina
>but then, restock.
>>
>>5997632
Fucking hell, calm it Michael.
>>
>>5997406
Technically, the last thing they did together was "Right Now Kapow!" a show that aired a month ago.

Before that the last thing they did together was LEGO Star Wars The Force Awakens, which released in spring.
>>
>>5994313
>Bayonetta,

Is confirmed they are still working on her, or have been cancelled or something?

I don't even own a nintendo console (any at all), but I want a Bayonetta figurine for my desk at the office, is that much to ask for?
>>
>>5997722
https://www.platinumgames.com/official-blog/article/9081
>>
>>5997692
i obviously had no idea. that gives me hope now
>>
Well I guess those Animal Crossing amiibo's arn't going to shelf warm for much longer.
>>
>>6001175
Forgot my link...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Bk3dAR0M68
>>
>>6001175
I have to disagree. I think the people that like that game enough to invest in toys already bought the characters they want.

I don't know the person who watched that Amiibo trailer and said to themselves, "I better to buy that Skips Amiibo I saw at Target the other day!"
>>
>>6001891
Do you know anyone that plays Animal Crossing at all?
>>
>>6002990
Besides me, only my brother, both my parents, my friend, and 3 people at my office.
>>
3D printed Skylanders are back on the table... I think.

Seems to go in waves.
>>
>>6003821
That's good. Every day I feel slightly more tempted to order one because I'm falling in love with my retarded childrens' game waifu.
>>
>>6003893
I took the plunge. It's going to be a godawful waste of money, but I actually liked how the character came out.
>>
>>6004151
i still want to know how they work in-game. is it still a creation crystal or a regular skylander that doesnt pause when it says its catchphrase?
>>
>>5994313
dude what, disney infinity will still release spider gwen and dr strange?

I thought the franchise was dead and that pic on op's pic doesn't look like a fan edit.
>>
>>6004242
looks like you missed the midnight release yesterday
>>
Is there ANY chance that TT will release Supergirl or Green Arrow minifigs for LD on their own?
>>
File: S1e9_mabel_crying.png (348KB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
S1e9_mabel_crying.png
348KB, 1280x718px
Did anything ever come of that fan vote for new Infinity figures or did they throw that out because people were botting votes?
>>
>>6004871
It got thrown out because the entire franchise was cancelled with no warning.
>>6004679
Rumor is Supergirl will be a funpack next year and GA is a promo for Black Friday.
>>
>>6004927
That's a damn shame. I've been really wanting some quality Gravity Falls figures and having that Mabel would have been great. The game itself was ok but I was all about the figures.
>>
>>6004927
Damn shame they might be walling off Green Arrow only for people buying starter packs on Black Friday.
>>
>>6004997
From the sound of it it's more "spend X amount of money on Dimensions stuff" and get him.
>>
>>6004927

Man I hope so. I mean I don't really need them to 100% year 2 but damn I want them
>>
File: tumblr_mpvpb8IgyG1qmo3obo1_500.gif (656KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mpvpb8IgyG1qmo3obo1_500.gif
656KB, 500x281px
>>6004935
best thing we got are Kittens for Fists, a race track and the interactive MYSTERY HACK

S

too be honest, i wouldnt have bought it anyway because none of the characters would be useful in anything but the playset
>>
>>6004999
Hope so, I can wait on buying Fantastic Beasts and Gremlins till then if that's the case. Hope the deal counts online since I'm stuck working Black Friday.
>>
>>6004222
I'm pretty sure they just stick the CC NFC chip into the base of the 3D print.same with the cards,which I'm kinda tempted to get? It's 5 bucks more than the Crystals but everything I'd need is already unlocked.
>>
File: 4L_H3pCLXdo.jpg (1MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
4L_H3pCLXdo.jpg
1MB, 2448x2448px
finally was able to buy her after seeing her on shelves a week before release. I love her nail polish.
>>
>>6006191

If I didn't already have the original Rosalina, I woulda snagged her. I did get Waluigi and Daisy tho. Kinda tempted for Boo because GITD but eh
>>
>>6006191
What place had rosalina a week before release?
>>
>>6006191
rosalina's lookin a little chubby
>>
>>6006392
Walmart has Daisy and Rosalina
>>
A friend at TRU told me they have amiibos 2 for $20 which includes the new ones I guess.
>>
Just bought this in a drunken rage with the true arena on kirby planet robobot. The only other amiibo compatible game I have is Animal Crossing. What game should I get to maximize my amiibo use?
>>
>>6009854
Mini Mario and Friends Amiibo Challenege

>b-b-but I dont own any Mario series Amiibos

lol
>>
>>6009899
There are 2 skylanders that do work on it, except for the wii u version for some dumb reason
>>
File: IMG_8730.png (275KB, 348x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8730.png
275KB, 348x500px
>>6005584
Speaking of the cards, you can get a preview for how they look on the site.
>>
>>6009854
Get Lucina and Code Name STEAM. Fire Emblem amiibos add new playable characters, which is a bit more than the usual amiibo bonuses (and the game could use some more love). Then get Fire Emblem Fates so you can summon Lucina and have her join your army. And finally the new Style Savvy game so you can dress up girls like Lucina. And Kirby. And Isabelle.

>>6009899
Also this. While only Mario-related figures - and only the ones that were playable in Smash - will give you access to characters with unique abilities (and 5 special levels each to show off their unique skills), you can play the main 10 levels using a generic character by scanning any amiibo.
>>
gamestop restocked robin and pit today
>>
I just recently found out about the restocking when I went to Gamestop to buy Daisy and Rosalina. A few days later I managed to buy Lucina exclusively (at least that's what they say) at Best Buy. I also found out about Palutena at Toys R Us (don't know if that's also exclusive). I tried to find out if there's other restocks, but came up with crap posted a year ago. Does anybody know any other restocks that are exclusive or not? I'm particularly looking for Wii Fit Trainer and Rosalina & Luma.
>>
Black Friday deals are in for LD.

http://www.brickstolife.com/lego-dimensions-black-friday-sale-preview-2016/

Green Arrow is a Gamestop Exclusive.
>>
>>6001891
>http://skylanderscharacterlist.com/imaginators-release-dates/
> Mfw I did this.
Animal crossing kinda gets boring when you 'perfect' your town. The amiibo gives new items to hoard as well as being cute collectable figures. I already have enough cute dust magnets on my shelf but these ones add to my game now instead so I'll buy them. Especially while they're on sale for $10 at my store.

I just bought the skylanders 'swap mode' starter pack yesterday for $9 because it was a fun thing I played for half an hour and also it was $9. Is there like an 'OP' hero or any particular game strategy that comes with these things?
>>
>>6016136
Spy Rise can fly off-screen and shoot a laser beam from above, alongside having this rapid webshooter move that slows enemies.

Magna Charge can carry midsize enemies and throw them off course
>>
>>6015740
Do you know if these will be available online as well?
>>
>>6015740
>tfw hoping this comes for Canada too
>>
File: 20161113_140206.jpg (169KB, 546x970px) Image search: [Google]
20161113_140206.jpg
169KB, 546x970px
Went to a flea market and bought the Star Wars Infinity box set for xbone for $3.

I honestly just wanted it for Ahsoka.
>>
Some concept art for the cancelled Beauty and the Beast 2017 figures for Infinity
>>
>>6019236
godspeed anon
>>
>>6020349
Belle looks really nice but I really don't know about that Beast, he looks very weird wearing clothes.
>>
>>6020783
Well the Beast wore clothes in the original film once he stopped acting like a douchebag
>>
>>6020349
>another shove character that throws a thing
>another Hulk
>>
>>6019236
she's honestly the best/only star wars character you need...for her dual-wield sabers alone.

and i hate that character.
>>
>>5997632
good fucking picture
>>
My Fantastic Beasts Dimensions Story pack just came in the post.

I'm pretty excited.
>>
>>6023346
The fucking content download isn't live yet.
>>
>>6023346
>>the post
>> Britbong term for the mail
You've had your wizarding fun for seven books, eight movies, one theme park, and a shitty two-part play! "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Fuck Them" is for Americans, you filthy mudblood brexitist
>>
>>6026190

Americans have Post Offices though.
>>
File: 1460888895334.gif (830KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1460888895334.gif
830KB, 500x375px
The demise of Disney infinity has made me think.
Why don't more toymakers jump into the TtL market?
How come the big toymakers like hasbro don't have their own lines?
>>
>>6027438
Because it only works when you have a game that's not shitty and figures worth a damn. Have you played the other TTL lines that aren't Infinity, Skylanders, or Legos? There's at least 3-4 of them that I know of off-hand.
>>
File: Summon-Ride-Setup.jpg (1MB, 3976x2604px) Image search: [Google]
Summon-Ride-Setup.jpg
1MB, 3976x2604px
>>6027438
>How come the big toymakers like hasbro don't have their own lines?
Because you need several things:
>Good figures of brands coming together that people would want to collect.
>Figures that appeal to both children and adult collectors.
>A good game where said figures can interact in fun ways towards all demographics.

We've seen Bamco try it out with Kamen Rider Summonride and they failed spectacularly, and if it fails to catch on you are stuck with a huge amount of inventory you have to get rid of.

In Summonride's example, you have:
>What is essentially the most barebones version of Skylanders imaginable that locks almost everything but the main path behind paid figures.
>Controls like a drunk version of Battride War
>The portal can't even read two figures on the portal properly but requires discs to be put on the portal for you to have supports and transformations.
Think the Disney Infinity portal when you put it on top of a Wii U for example, then try to do a dual disc stack with a figure, you get constant disconnections. Now, remove the two disks and just have the base figure on the portal on top of a disk randomly on another part of it, it will disconnect constantly.
>The figures themselves are all in the exact same pose, around the size of a quarter to a half-dollar, and are of pretty cheap plastic quality.
>The DX figure packs that come with two characters and two disks cost $18 on release.
>Gash figures that came separately were like $4 or $5 on release and were basically just portions of the DX pack sold cheaper but have no difference from the DX figures.

I honestly want to buy it now since figure packs are like $3 and the PS3 version starter pack is like $20 now just to see how truly barebones it is, Youtube videos and the absolute hate-filled Amazon.co.jp reviews aren't enough.
>>
File: 6103045461916.jpg (88KB, 470x470px) Image search: [Google]
6103045461916.jpg
88KB, 470x470px
>>6027438
Hasbro did try TtL figures. They just left out the video game.
>>
File: amiibo.jpg (80KB, 765x433px) Image search: [Google]
amiibo.jpg
80KB, 765x433px
>>5994313
The Zelda 30th anniversary amiibo series seems to be "unavailable for pre-order everywhere online. You guys recon it will be near impossible to get at retail prices, or does nintendo just want to limit pre-ordering and they will send plenty to retailers?
>>
>>6028004
Going to be hard to get to begin with but drowning in them in a few months.
>>
>>6027688
im surprised that TTL didnt do well in japan, which was probably summonride's fault. they only got Spyro's adventure and infinity 1.0. I always thought the whole TTL thing was an innovation, and even more with the swap force characters and trap crystals but i guess not innovative enough for the superior nippons
>>
File: FILE220.gif (389KB, 159x124px) Image search: [Google]
FILE220.gif
389KB, 159x124px
>>6027688
>>What is essentially the most barebones version of Skylanders imaginable that locks almost everything but the main path behind paid figures.
>>Controls like a drunk version of Battride War
>>The portal can't even read two figures on the portal properly but requires discs to be put on the portal for you to have supports and transformations.
>>
>>6028098
I heard Namco brought over 3.0, but still.
>>
File: mario30modern.jpg (51KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
mario30modern.jpg
51KB, 900x900px
just a head's up that Walmart.com is selling the modern color Mario 30th Anniversary amiibo for a cool 5 dollars. I suggest you choose the free store pickup option else shipping doubles the price.
>>
What are you supposed to do when your gold brick count doesn't appear during vehicle upgrades? I remember this happening before and it just went away on it's own. Really want to upgrade the tornado though.
>>
Dimensions now eternally prompts me to update the A-team content over and over now, no matter how many times it completes. Am I fucked?
>>
>>6009854
There are some non-AC amiibos that unlock items in New Leaf. I saw almost any Link works, but I'm betting it's all the same item given
>>
>>6028093
Yeah, both versions of 8bit Mario were easy to come by a few months into 2016.
>>
>>6010013
As in, they only work with the 3DS version of the game?
>>
>>6030775
correctumundo, keed
>>
I bought the Tina fun pack today. What am I in for?
>>
>>6031527
Fun with Tina.
>>
>>6032355
Spot on review, anon
>>
File: sad cap.jpg (21KB, 500x314px) Image search: [Google]
sad cap.jpg
21KB, 500x314px
>TFW Moana figures were shown for 4.0..

At least we'll probably get a world for the film in Kingdom Hearts 3 though I'll be crying at how fun it would be to play as them in DI.
>>
>>6034143
>Play in Moana world
>no you cant bring Jack Sparrow
>no you cant bring Maui with you to Big Hero 6 Land
fuck KH
>>
>>6029914
so, no one knows?
>>
File: Dat Feel.jpg (41KB, 335x476px) Image search: [Google]
Dat Feel.jpg
41KB, 335x476px
>Got Lego Dimensions and Sonic for $65.38

I just kicked the DI habbit.

The slope begins again.
>>
>>6034458
4.0 was going to allow for crossovers since that was going to be the focus of that version.

Too little too late I suppose.
>>
File: 51Cc5SlTqgL._QL40_SX400_.jpg (16KB, 400x305px) Image search: [Google]
51Cc5SlTqgL._QL40_SX400_.jpg
16KB, 400x305px
>>6035557
Trust me when I say the Dimensions slope is even worse.
>Escape the slope for half a year
>See pic related and crack
Between the Sanic level pack and the Harry Potter/Fantastic Beasts shit my wallet is screaming.
>>
>>6035605
sauce? or what would be the point, since most characters either share a moveset or can even use another's weapon. I only really used 2 characters for the SW playsets
>>
>>6036112
Do they still make Lego games now, or is Dimensions just going to be all of them from now on the way Infinity was just going to be all of the disney movie tie-in games.
>>
>>6036713
They just released a new Lego Star Wars and Lego Avengers just after that. Seems like Dimensions Story Packs are for those franchises or single movies that aren't big enough, or don't have enough characters and concepts to support a full solo release.

Or they were just series that Disney was already using in Infinity.
>>
I own a ton of Lego Dimensions, but no starter pack and I heard some of the game disks are faulty as fuck.

I've been semi tempted to buy the damn game, but I only own wii-u.

So now I'm like 50/50 wanting to buy the Adventure time packs while on big sale or just wait when they may possibly drop in price a little, at the very least the team pack would drop.
>>
>>6036923

Are you talking about the actual game disc that goes in the console? The only character disc that people have reported problems with is Marceline.
>>
>>6036928
I heard Finn has a faulty-ish disk and the toy tags for the Team Pack maybe not working.
>>
>>5994313
>That Goofy
FUUUUUCK
Can they just release the figures by themselves? Whole reason I got into Infinity
>>
File: newt scamander.jpg (45KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
newt scamander.jpg
45KB, 480x480px
>>6036112
How's the Fantastic Beasts Story Pack? I recently watched the movie and enjoyed it a fair amount.
>>
>>6037466
It's really good. Grab it up today. Much better than I thought it'd be.
>>
>>6036713
Lego City: Undercover is about to come out.
>>
A trip to Gamestop ended in success, and I now have Green Arrow. Also bought Tina Goldstein and the Back the the Future level pack. I can see why people complained about it.
>>
>Sonic
>Finn
>Mission Impossible
>Gremlins
>Tina
>Newt
>Jake and LSP
>ET
>Marceline
>Joker and Harley
Black Friday is a hell of a drug.
>>
I stopped by Toys R Us and they had their custom recolor of Pit Boss skylander, and it kind of pissed me off because there's still no dark crystal and still no normal Pit Boss. I guess those come out around the 18th which kind of irks me because it's so close to Christmas. I kind of don't want to go shopping that weekend.
>>
>>6038273
Just be glad there's a chance that the regular one might actually come out. Easter Thrillipede was the only one of him we ever got.

I picked up Imaginators on sale at TRU yesterday afternoon, last Wii U one left. The sale is still going on through today I believe.

I was gonna get Lego at Walmart for $40 but it wasn't on the app and I certainly wasn't going to fight fuckbois at the mall for it on black friday so oh well.

I also got Target's Solar Flare Aurora, she's pretty cool, the boxes seemed to have been coated in some white fluffy dust shit. I found one that wasn't but there's a tiny crease in the back of the box and it's driving me crazy.
>>
I grabbed the portal level pack and green arrow yesterday. My little brother got sonic, jake and LSP, Midway, and fantastic beasts story. which is the best to play through first?
>>
>>6039073
>Target's Solar Flare Aurora
That recolor is a lot more appealing than the basic white one.
>>
>>6020783
It's not the clothes. It's his face.
>>
>>6020349
Man, the Gwen and Doc Strange had me salty enough that infinity got canned, now you go and post those? Feelsbadman. Gwen pose is great and I guess it helps that Blueberry Cuttlefish is uh, facially distinct for the figure likeness.

I dig the beast in a suit. Still holding out hope they'll do some thing with the figures.
>>
>>6039073
we never got regular thrillipede? i dont care for him...but he was kinda released much later when the game was long dead
>>
>>6040220
He and his vehicle came out for like one day at TRU. After that they never gave him a restock (because of the late release) so it was basically easter version only. Similar things happened with some of the Yawn Traps in Trap Team, and Swap Force had problems with a few figures that were never packaged in later waves like Rubble Rouser and especially Magna Charge. Even Giants had problems now thinking back with a few figures not appearing in assortments ever again like S2 Bash.
>>
I got lego dimensions for the Wii U, but its very choppy when running at 1080p, and the lighting seems very low-quality compared to videos I see online. I got a PS4, though. Should I switch?

Or am I even able to get the disk by itself?
>>
>>6041253
Disk by itself might be possible on ebay for a reasonable price. I never noticed any choppy scenes on my PS4, but I also don't look for that kind of stuff.
>>
>>6039288

Sonic and Midway are both great.

Portal's also really good.

My haul for Black Friday was M:I, Finn, Gremlins, Tina, Fantastic Beasts, GB2016 and possibly Green Arrow since I did everything online.
>>
>>6042684
>Portal's also really good.
And the closest thing to a Portal 3 you'll ever get.

Really though, all the Portal stuff in Dimensions is pretty neato.
>>
>>6042684
>>6042712
i played through portal and this update fucked up the level. everything is mute and during the last boss fight with glados the panel will not register the portal gun hitting it
Fantastic beasts world was pretty fucked up too.
>>
>>6042904
I'm only a couple stages into the Fantastic Beasts story pack, but so far it's worked fine. Same for the Sonic pack. Which is shocking because this game's been a glitch-filled, broken mess since day one for me.
>>
>>6042968
fantastic beasts story was fine. i enjoyed it personally. the voice acting is from most of the movie actors too.
The adventure world is the broken thing.
>>
>>6040370
What was up with the Yawn traps though? did people really want those, especially since you really only needed one trap per element?
>>
So I was away for a month... will they cancel Skylanders too? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZHtMOTd6_Q
>>
>>6019236
Ashoka is great, she is my favorite force user besides Luke.
>Anakin basically has the same moveset but nowhere near as cool
why
>>
>>6043044
The hardcore collectors did. Everyone else who didn't fall for the trap meme didn't care all that much I don't think.
>>
>>6043000
Tfw the movie was a metaphor for homosexuals
>>
>>6043729
is the movie about taming the beasts or just arresting them?
>>
>>6043317
a company loses money and we think the game is getting cancelled? that's like asking for gen 8 after youre done playing SM because it doesnt have postgame
>>
>>6044196
Plot twist!
>>
>>6043317
If they do, their timing couldn't be worse, since they just got the Netflix cartoon.
>>
File: AHHHH.jpg (25KB, 382x436px) Image search: [Google]
AHHHH.jpg
25KB, 382x436px
>>5994313
Dude that Doctor Strange DI figure looks sweet as hell. It's not getting made?
>>
>>6044281
Nope.

Shanghain Disneyland needed required extensive rebuilds since they didn't properly oversee construction. And then Disney spent a billion dollars on a deal with ESPN to air their games exclusively.

This all meant that they would show a loss on their stocks unless they cut costs quick.

So they canned DI entirely, shutting it all down after Finding Dory and firing everybody.
>>
>>6044291
That's fucking shit. Oh well
>>
>>6044292
ABC got hit with it too. They cancelled Galavant, Muppets, and all the Marvel shows they had in production aside from the Netflix stuff and AoS. (Cloak and Dagger and Runaways are exempt since they were developed post-culling.)
>>
>>6044304
They're saving all the funds for newer Star Wars movies and better Star Wars figures...right...right...
>>
Looks like Walmart is having major sales on everything DI related. I know most stores are sporadically, but I just picked up Rise Against the Empire and Marvel Battlegrounds for $11 each. Figures are $4 each. The only things still MSRP are 3.0 disks and the Toy Box playsets. Target doesn't seem to have any sales at all which is weird since their DI section is extremely small now.
>>
Are DI and Skylanders even fun to play
>>
>>6045609
DI is fun but only if you play the playsets in my opinion. Toy Box is only fun if you have a creative bone in your body and that's where most of their effort went into.

Think of it like any Lego game you can buy, characters are mostly the same with some slight gimmick being different (Though the gimmicks are a bit more pronounced with DI), enemies have i-frames between getting hit like in Lego games, and enemies explode into bits as do your characters. If you don't care for Lego games then you will probably want to steer clear of DI as it has the same problems as they do which would be that it's too easy (Extreme just makes you hit like you're using a Nerf Bat while dying in two hits with enemies that have extremely accurate shots), it's mainly you running through collecting stuff except now the locked stuff it tied to real purchases, and there's a good amount of challenges you can do.

3.0 > 1.0 > 2.0 in terms of playsets in my opinion, 2.0 just felt really bland.
>>
File: WAVE-YEAR-2.png (2MB, 1400x788px) Image search: [Google]
WAVE-YEAR-2.png
2MB, 1400x788px
I gotta ask, is there a list of the most useful Dimensions packs?

I'm short on space on where to put all the minifigs and vehicles.
>>
>>6045812

Most useful? Depends on what you want to do. Do you want to collect all 480 Gold Bricks in the base game? Or just unlock all of the base game worlds?
If you want to unlock everything, you'll need the six level packs, Scooby-Doo team, Jurrasic World team, the Wicked Witch, a Chima character (Cragger is the most useful), and a Ninjago character (Sensei Wu has the once elusive Pole Vault). To round out abilities, you should get Slimer, Aquaman, Unikitty (or LSP from the Adventure Time team), Emmet (for Drill), and the Cyberman (X-Ray Vision and Drone). I think that's the minimum to complete the base game. But don't forget Hire-A-Hero.
>>
>>6045609
I call Skylanders "Pokemon/Gotcha force Gauntlet". it's mainly a generic platformer where you play as characters with different attacks to plow through enemies and get through a stage, level up and collect things.

You can beat the game with the starter pack characters alone, but every character you own acts an extra life without the need to reset back to the beginning or checkpoint. Certain characters/elements are required to unlock certain areas and items, but are really just a superficial incentive. in a way, the game doesnt really force you to buy everything, and you can always return a skylander to your local store after you unlock something
>>
>>6045812
>>6045860
Ability-wise, I think the most useful ones are Midway Arcade, Adventure Time Level and Team Packs, Mission Impossible, and Doctor Who. Objectively, I believe, these packs can cover the most situations.

But as for niche abilities in addition to overall versatility, I'd also suggest getting
the Harry Potter Team Pack for various magic and parseltongue abilities,
the Back to the Future Level Pack or Doc Brown for time travel pads,
Sensei Wu for polevault and spinjutsu,
the Ghostbusters 2016 story pack for ghost suspension/trapping and charge transfer abilites,
Fantastic Beasts Story Pack for magic and Fantastic Briefcase abilities,
and Cragger for Diving+Chi ability combination.

I'm still figuring out the prioritization of ability packs, but using this tracker as a reference is a huge help:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sjfhLPRsG4cUxSeq0keXwD8skR_VbuECsYOXf3fZrrg/copy
(you're gonna need to select "Make a Copy in order to view it)
>>
File: tmp_32698-IMAG05162121861540.jpg (2MB, 3264x3264px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_32698-IMAG05162121861540.jpg
2MB, 3264x3264px
My hunt is at long last finally over

I'll never play Skylanders but I really loved the design for Funny Bone and had to have it, but I could never find it in stock.

Got the last one at TRU today while I was looking at LEGO Dimensions sales.
>>
>>6037543
That game came out years ago.
>>
>>6048066
Its just a reskin of lava doggo
>>
So my Darth Maul came in with a bent upper Lightsaber bit, is there are advice you guys can give me? I assume hot water should get it done?
>>
>>6045288
TRU has similar sales, figures are $4 and the packs are about $14 so not quite the cheapest.

My TRU had Jingle Bell Chompy Mage, the holiday variant but it should be popping up in other stores soon. Target still had a few of the Solar Flare Aurora too
>>
>>6050735

I don't know what that means
>>
>>6053128
its a skeleton version of Hot Dog
>>
When is Dimensions' Wave 8 gonna get released, again?

Relatedly, what themes do you think are gonna be introduced in Year 3? Nexo Knights is certainly going to be one of them.
>>
File: Cy73TP7UcAAFCVN.jpg (288KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Cy73TP7UcAAFCVN.jpg
288KB, 1536x2048px
I added Pixel Link to my collection of characters I now technically have two of.
>>
I've been getting deep into Skylanders, including all the old stuff. I'm way, way into finding things for as cheap as possible.

TRU had a glitch the other night where you could combine b1g3 with a superchargers starter pack so I got the Nintendo starter packs with 4 free figures (x3) including a buzz wing.

Finding deals is fun until you're staring at a figure waiting for it to drop below five bucks while also hoping for a buy one get one.

Superchargers characters seem pretty well stocked though so I'll hold on for clearance.
>>
>>6056132
try not to slip too far down the slope. All you need are the characters you like unless you like em all. Vehicles, Trap Crystals, magic/level items all unecessary and useless as the next games come out.
>>
>>6056132
A lot of stores have cheap Superchargers stuff or earlier on sale.

Just FYI if you're looking for cheap deals, check supermarkets, and if you have them, Pat Catans crafts and Five Below. I picked up some Trap Team Trap Masters for cheap and Five Below always has a nice selection of things including old 3 packs.
>>
>be danish
>hear disney infinity has become dirt cheap
>still looking to get boba fett and ant man
>drive out to local mart and check
>lol $20 each
Why tho
>>
File: 20161207_141617.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20161207_141617.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
Got some wace 3 figures today, careful to anyone ordering them off of toys r us site i ordered a standard pit boss and they sent me a legendary one, which i already had, hopfully i can just return it to the store
>>
>>6058576
If youre playing the game, youre crazy to return the legendary one, since it's stronger. otherwise, whatever.
>>
>>6058613
He just said he already has it.
>>
>>6057398

thanks for the heads up but pat catans is extremely regional, apparently.

I check the usual places but do most stuff online. Target still has a huge stock and they have to go on clearance eventually.
>>
>>6058618
oops
>>
>>6057955
It is the same in Eastern Europe. Figs are still almost full price. At least there is no shortage, I can buy anything I want.
>>
>>6058576
Those tiny legs on Buckshot just look wrong on that torso. Reminds me of the atrophied legs Sorcerer Imaginators have.
>>
File: IMG_9072.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9072.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Got my 3D printed Skylander today.

Honestly, MUCH better than I anticipated.
>>
>>6069090
That does actually look pretty nice. I think as long as you understand what sandstone sculptures look like and know they have that graininess to them, they'll probably turn out alright.

I really am tempted to get my own.
>>
>>5994313
Heads up if you are military or know anyone who can get on base, they are selling amiibos and Disney infinity figures for $1 each. (no tax either)
>>
>>6069090
Should have 3D printed it with joints
>>
>>6071304
you dont need to be in the military to go to a swap meet
>>
Why isn't there any Looney Tunes stuff in Dimensions? Is it because WB enjoys treating the whole IP like shit as they always have since after the original shorts?
>>
>>6075458
Looney Tunes is apparently something TT and LEGO are taking a serious look at after the fan demand back in year one.
>>
>>6074209
swap meet? I mean in stores.
>>
>LD ends with a fogure with red sleeves and a flesh colored hand getting possessed by Vortech.
>Theres a big mystery in year 3 over who got possessed.
>yfw it's her who ends up being the ultimate villain.

This would be a lot funnier if /toy/ had spoilers.
>>
When the fuck will they add Nexo Knights to Dimensions?
>>
>>6054848
looks bretty cool
>>
>>6076349
Probably next year. After Ninjago and Chima figures clogged the shelves, theu probably decided to slow down on LEGO franchises.
>>
>>6076214
Bob's Burgers legos would be great, and seeing them in a crazy, NONCANON, fantasy scifi setting has some pretty funny potential.
>>
>>6076767
That's something I totally agree with.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Just saw the Goofy and Jafar. Kill me now.

Why did the best one have to die. I stopped collecting Skylanders and sold off my completely OG and Giants collection when Infinity came out because buying all the Skylanders was becoming too expensive and I at least have an attachment to the characters.

Kids came over for a Christmas party and broke a bunch and I don't even know if I have the heart in me to bother replacing them.
>>
>>6077624
>Why did the best one have to die
I just started playing Dimensions. it's still sort of the same old generic lego game we get every year, but i get to walk through an open world with 7 different characters at once who have no relation to each other. I also just played Crash and Bowser with my brother in Skylands a few minutes ago.

anyway, it died because it was not the best
>>
>>6077750

You said nothing that made the other two better. Just subjective I GET TO PLAY AS CRASH SKYLANDERS WINS. Infinity was 10x as ambitious. They were bringing in other studios that excelled in certain gameplay departments to elevate each area of their game which was bringing not only variety but GOOD variety.

LEGO Dimensions is even admittedly by your own words just another LEGO game except theyve actually dumbed it down from the usual. Skylanders was basically a linear Gauntlet-esque game that had potential but never met it gameplay wise. And the problem there is that's ALL Skylanders was. A short game repetitive game that once you've beaten offers nothing new to you. I enjoyed the combat but they never wanted to put the effort in to make their game deeper and more palatable for adults and I'd say it suffered for that. Can only steamroll through the game with a new character so many times before just doing it to see new abilities stops being entertaining.

Infinity on the other hand had varied story modes with unique gameplay, Disney Mario Kart done by a studio that does kart games better than Nintendo, a Diablo inspired randomly generated raiding mode done by Ninja Theory (who also completely revamped the combat system in 3.0 to amplify the depth), a Power Stone inspired arena fighter, Farming and Sidekicks, and an extremely robust creation engine with its own logic system. And the best part was how involved the developers were with the community. It was a passion project for them and they related to the fans in wanting the best possible product they could make which is why they pushed the game forward any chance they got.

You could take away everything and Disney would win on the creation engine alone. I've downloaded maps that turn it into a horror game, a cinematic escape from a ruins Indy style, a side scroller.

And hell not that it matters but it was outselling the other two as well. No matter what metric you measure by Infinity was crushing it.
>>
>>6078093
What bugs me is that even with all the stuff you just said, Infinity still fell short of its potential because of the legalistic infighting. Strange character choices and forced playsets and restrictions kind of limited the potential in a weird way that was completely unnecessary. Even with all the limits in place, it was still better than Skylanders in terms of gameplay. I actually still play through the Force Awakens set with my friend sometimes. We crank up the difficulty and have to actually pay attention to what we're doing and it's rewarding to execute the weirder combos. It's just fun.
>>
>>6078653

Yeah that's the one unavoidable problem and the devs even acknowledged it. I wasn't really bothered by who got playsets and figures as it makes sense usually and I can't get assmad that Saludos Amigos didn't get a play set while the newest Disney movie did. The biggest annoyance to me was characters like Maleficent and Alice having to forego their iconic animated designs to represent The live action movies. Even weirder is that we got normal Baloo.

I respected the devs though they knew they had quotas to hit with new properties (and to their credit they made them fun) but they also recognized the diehard fan element and fought for us on things like Mulan, Baloo, Aladdin, Peter and the Darkwing Duck/Mabel poll
>>
>>6077750
>I also just played Crash and Bowser with my brother in Skylands a few minutes ago.
Wait, can you still use Bowser and DK in the newest Skylanders? I kind of assumed they were one offs for Super Chargers.
>>
>>6045701
Can't you only use certain guys in playsets though? That really hampers my enjoyment of them I think.
>>
>>6079473
You can only use that brand's characters in the DLC, and only if you collect the Champion coins. It was due to rights problems in the end, the only reason the Toy Box lets people play together is because they're "toy dolls" of the characters, not the characters themselves.
>>
>>6079478
That's a big problem for me when it comes to Star Wars, because while I think they look like they would be fun playsets, I'm not super into the way any of those force users and gun slingers play, and would rather be using Disney or Marvel characters.
>>
>>6079470
I don't see why not as long as it's a Nintendo version ... I mean the whole thing is that each new version supports all the characters from the previous ones... I can boot up imaginators and play with the original skylanders
>>
>>6079470
They're still Nintendo-exclusive, which surprised me since Crash is not Sony-exclusive. It's a good thing, but I didn't expect it.
>>
>>6078093
Disney Infinity didnt really have the same "buyers' incentive" that the other two had. Most characters either had the same (boring) movesets or were limited to Toy Box use. I never bothered to buy anymore Star Wars or Marvel characters because all i needed were Iron Man's flight, Finn's overpowered blaster and Ahsoka's dual-wielding. I never even got to enjoy all the extra characters for Takeover since it was so short. The restrictions really didn't help, neither. also no matter how well stocked a toy box world is, it still feels entirely empty. Sure you're flying around a lava world with a Sleeping Beauty castle in the middle next to two floating Mystery hack's, or doing that boss rush level where you fight bosses a very particular way; but for what? getting a high score? some sparks? a new floaty sidekick? because story? what story? that description some guy wrote in the menu screen?

Skylanders may not be as deep nor have any really useful character/type-exclusive unlocks, but its presentation expresses a lot of personality through the diverse and very animated cast of characters, each of their unique abilities, and even expressed through the game itself. and you can use everyone that retroactively existed in every game.

Lego Dimensions is certainly another generic Lego game, but they also enjoy playing with the various properties and putting them together through the story or certain areas. and again, you can play up to 7 unrelated characters at once in an unrelated open world, because you just can.
>>
>>6080856
The big issue is Disney Infinity easily had the highest potential out of all three, then got killed just as it was starting to be realized.

The fact that it died just as we were getting a proper story mode kills me.
>>
>>6054848
Link has a pretty big schnoz
>>
>>6079470
Crash can be used on all platforms
Dong and Bowser are only on Nintendo consoles
>>
>>6081468
It didnt make any money. Its good they cancelled a poormans knockoff
>>
>>6087060
>didn't make any money
>was the number one selling t2l franchise and made one BILLION last year alone.
>>
Fuck it guys, I'm going to the shop now, and I'm gonna spend 160 euro on Lego Dimensions.

Christmas bonuses are amazing. I love having a job.
>>
>>6087060
>>6087408
they actually wanted MORE money, but finally realized there's not enough to gain from the console market. so the only game theyre offering outside of a smartphone is KH3 which i fucking hope is the last in the series before a bunch of unnecessary midquels pop up
>>
>>6087408
Unprofitable. Cucks like you cry about it like its all that when Disney knows its a waste. The market isn't controlable.
>>
>>6087793
You should have tried to find someone in the US. Dimensions was on sale for $30 this week at Target.

But congrats on the extra shekels man!
>>
>>6087408

Number 1 2 years in a row.

>>6087820
>Unprofitable.

It was profitable. What the fuck are you on about?
>>
>>6088273
>feeding the christmas break trolls

Let's talk about something more positive instead.
Like, do any of you guys hope to get a /ttl/ thing for Christmas or are you all like me and bought the ones you wanted on release days? I know my friend bought the Crash set for his sister, which works out since she doesn't know it exists so she'll get a pleasant surprise to know that Crash is still alive.
>>
>>6088664
Wife and I bought all the LEGO stuff we needed on Black Friday and saved it for Christmas.

Gonna spend the next few days buldan
>>
>>6088681
[spoiler text that doesn't work on /toy/]Brother, I think you have life figured out. I hope you and your wife have a wonderful Christmas together[/spoilerz[
>>
Welp, gamestop doesnt trade in NFC figures anymore, again. looks like TTL is dying, but really glad i didnt buy anymore Infinity shit
>>
>>6088664
I picked up the last few sets I wanted for Lego dimensions during these post xmas sales.
I didn't feel like i could ask anyone for them because sales and deals happen all the time. I'd hate to rip someone off
>>
>>6087820
Disregard this, I love sucking on big dicks.
>>
File: LEGO-Dimensions-Expansion-Packs.jpg (212KB, 1279x983px) Image search: [Google]
LEGO-Dimensions-Expansion-Packs.jpg
212KB, 1279x983px
Datamining turned this up.
>>
>>6094053
We better get Starfire and Robin.
>>
>>6094219
I want Cyborg. not the current Cyborg, the loud black one
>>
>>6094244
I think the current Cyborg changes when he goes into the TTG world.
>>
>>6088664
Bought myself Dimensions and Skoylandahs on sale before christmas so I gave them to myself. My family got me Kirby, Meta Knight, Wario and WAH for christmas tho
>>
File: Untitled.png (1MB, 2578x870px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 2578x870px
Lightseekers coming fall next year.
>>
File: 1481655310227.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1481655310227.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
>>6069090
Flipped it for you.
Also how much was it to get a 3D Print of it? And does it count as it's own Skylander? Like had a readable chip or w/e in it for your guy?
>>
>>6095397
That's TOMY's catalog right? Are they making regular like articulating figures then with Lightseekers? Did they actually come up with that because it seemed like it was a semi indie game for mobile? The whole thing seemed super weird like it looked great but then it appeared to be a strictly mobile game?

>>6095414
Not them, but the 3D print is around $50 I think, and it has a chip in it like a regular Skylander, just with whatever you programmed on it at the time. I think you can use it as an alternative to the elemental imaginite figure instead so that's neat. I heard they're always sold out though.

Also, I think someone may have mentioned the Dimensions packs at Five Below. Just checked their website and in addition to Benny, Bad Cop, Gimli, Legolas, Zane, Nya, Cragger and Laval that I've seen at most of the stores, they also have Eris (Chima), and shockingly, Emmett, Wonder Woman and Wicked Witch.

I picked up Wondy and Witch and shipping is $5. It's cheaper than what amazon has them listed so if anyone is looking for em, grab em now.
>>
File: Stealth Elf.png (159KB, 366x657px) Image search: [Google]
Stealth Elf.png
159KB, 366x657px
Post your Skylanders Waifu
>>
File: wiggly.gif (1MB, 676x510px) Image search: [Google]
wiggly.gif
1MB, 676x510px
>TFW Got the last WiiU Skylanders starter pack from my nearest Walmart (That is to say, the one the next town over)
Fuck this game is fun, can't wait until I get those fifty skylanders I ordered online and the Senseis that come with levels (Crash, Boom Bloom, That one air Sensei)
>>
File: SkylandersFlashwing.png (198KB, 662x800px) Image search: [Google]
SkylandersFlashwing.png
198KB, 662x800px
>>6096958
>>
Am I the only one that really hates that the Ninja Imaginators got relegated to being walking heads?
>>
File: Boom_Bloom_Creator_Artwork.jpg (50KB, 465x383px) Image search: [Google]
Boom_Bloom_Creator_Artwork.jpg
50KB, 465x383px
>>6096958
I want Boom Bloom to do things to me
>>
Has anyone seen any word on Painyatta going available on Amazon yet? he's been purchasable through amazon for like a week and still no shipping, dont know if there's official word anywhere yet
>>
>>6096574
>Are they making regular like articulating figures then with Lightseekers?
I think the ones were getting have articulation. hopefully more characters are on the way, but this still looks like it'll be another toys-to-mobile-life flop
>>
>>6097372
I find that and the swashbuckler decision to be super odd. It's like they want you to make a genie, but didn't want to call it a genie class.
>>
File: Golden_Queen_Promo.jpg (97KB, 613x524px) Image search: [Google]
Golden_Queen_Promo.jpg
97KB, 613x524px
>>6096958
I like to imagine Golden Queen isn't wearing leggings and that is her skin/rock color
>>
>>6099911
I'd be okay with that
>>
How do you guys deal with your irrelevant lego dimensions characters?
Feels kinda sad knowing Marty was just crap, Gandalf is replaced by any other magic user, Shaggy is pointless since he comes with scooby and all the vehicles and gadgets with overlapping abilities on top of that
>>
>>6099911
So, you're willing to take the risk of her turning you into a golden dildo?
>>
>>6100278
Chell's gun isnt lethal, it just pushes enemies. she's really just another melee character, like Marty? but i just love Portal.
>>
>>6100278
I use the guys I like. Homer has a permanent spot on my portal.
>>
Am I supposed to have leftover parts after making a lego build, it's stressing me out.
I just kind of jam them onto the portal base since I don't want to lose them.
>>
>>6102518
Yeah, there's always leftover pieces for the sole purpose of accidentally losing them.

I put them into a individual plastic card sleeve, fold the baggie over and tape it off, then put it into a plastic baggie with it and the instruction booklet.
>>
>>6102518
you actually bother building the things? i put everything in storage. i dont even use most of the actual minifigs
>>
>>6102842
Go back to /v/ you cock-sucking mongrel.
>>
>>6102842
I did try doing one of the alt builds, but since the instructions were for from scratch instead of modifying the base build I got a little lost.
>>
>>6103051
>but if i dont build the toys, it wont wurrk ;_;
>>
>>6103479
I'd be concerned about the vehicles, nothing about just the stands set them apart.
>>
>>6094053

Well shit why did so many people think Raven was going to be in a Fun Pack anyway? It makes sense she would be in a team with Beast Boy.
>>
>>6107137
does this mean Starfire will be the Fun pack?
>>
File: IMG_2014.jpg (85KB, 791x1199px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2014.jpg
85KB, 791x1199px
Another "What could have been" from DI recently surfaced.

Anyone else still hurting?
>>
>>6107643
>forced cuck shit
>still bleating about a broken game from a scientology-tier cult organization

No thank you
>>
File: download.jpg (671KB, 1190x1650px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
671KB, 1190x1650px
http://amiibochecklist.com/ Post 'em.
>>
>>6107397
We're probably not getting Star.
>>
File: Amiibos.jpg (604KB, 1190x1650px) Image search: [Google]
Amiibos.jpg
604KB, 1190x1650px
Feels weird to think I'm missing so few in the ones I actually want.

>>6107643
No clue how well that would've sold, but he was admittedly kinda cool in the movie with that gun. Just a shame he doesn't do much.
>>
>>6107643
Did Dipper and Mabel ever leak?

I want my anguish at missing Rogue One and Moana to be complete.
>>
>>6107800
Is there one of these with Skylanders?
>>
Hey guys, I am posting here hoping for some answers, because it is really difficult to narrow down information on Disney Infinity online. Sorry if you guys get these questions a lot.

1) First of all, my wife and I first found Disney Infinity 3.0 Starter Edition digital download from the Xbox One online store for $30. It looked fun, so we grabbed it only to be greeted by a "plug in your base to continue" message after their short intro. We did some research and found out that you still need the physical copies and base to play the game, and we found the $30 physical starter pack along with some figures to go with the base.

However, my question is, if the physical base comes with the game disc and what not, what did spending $30 on the online store unlock? Did we get all the characters (I doubt this)? Did we unlock some game modes?

2) My second question is, we noticed that some of the figure sets came with these clear looking symbol figures. We did some quick research, and our impression is that those are "campaigns" that you can purchase. Is that correct? Should we grab as many of those as we can as well? Or do you guys think it's better to find user created content online?

3) Lastly, we are planning on ordering some figures or whatever sets eventually after we set up the 3.0 game. Are there any recommendations for special sets or what not to look out for? Is it worth it to also grab 1.0 and 2.0 if they are forward compatible?

Thank you for your time in advance!
>>
>>6108667
1) You don't need the physical disc, you just need the physical base and figures for the base. What you bought online is a digital copy of what's on the disc, which is intended for players who bought 1.0 or 2.0 already and had the base.

2) I don't think all the campaigns are great, however 3.0 has the better ones. If you enjoy Star Wars, all three of the Star Wars campaigns are fun and if you can find one, maybe consider it. There is a 3.0 Marvel campaign that works a little more like a brawling minigame with a more expanded selection of moves for the Marvel characters. There is also a Finding Dory, Inside Out, and a racing-specific one that are all fine but I didn't spend as much time on those as I did on Star Wars.

Side note, I believe that when the servers are shut down, if they haven't been already, you won't be able to download content from other users anymore.

3) Only the 3.0 campaigns are compatible with 3.0, however all older figures will be usable in the toybox. The catch, however, is that 3.0 kind of had more thought put into the moves and abilities of characters, so unless you are a really really big Frozen fan, there's not a lot of reason to track down Elsa. Just the same, now that it's been discontinued there are a lot of bargains to be found, so who knows what your pricepoint will be.
>>
>>6108667
1) You paid $30 for what the physical disc gives you which is just the base Toy Box with the bare minimum of things in it. You're missing the actual figures, playsets, and base which are mandatory to play

2) Clear figures are story modes or game modes. You should not buy them separately (Exception is Speedway and Takeover) as they usually require specific characters to play at first, and on 3.0 only figures tied to that franchise can be played in their campaigns. So, for example, all the Star Wars playsets let you play as the Rebels characters but you must have found their Champion Coin in the playset itself as it lets you play as them in that specific playset.

A simpler way to explain this is that each playset has a certain set of characters tied to it. Until you use one of those default characters to find Champion Coins in-game you cannot play as the other ones OF THAT SAME SERIES. You cannot do something like stick Buzz Lightyear in the Star Wars playset, it's a mess of legal issues that prevent this.

User created stuff is gone and it really wasn't that good to begin with due to framerate issues, general lack of polish, or it was just enemy gauntlets. The playsets are by far the better parts of the games, though in 2.0 they were very lackluster.

3) Playsets only work on their specific version, so 2.0 playsets can't work on 3.0, they just give you the item unlocks instead. You need to buy 1.0 and 2.0 if you want to play their playsets.

Definitely look into the Star Wars playsets, they did a great job on those (Though the Luke/Leia one and the Force Awakens ones are extremely short). Inside Out was a great one, Finding Dory was okay, The Avengers was cool at first but really really mediocre on a replay, and The Incredibles is pretty fun.

The only rare things in Disney Infinity are the Kingdom Hearts Mickey outfit Power Disk and like a handful of blind bag ones, that's about it, so you should be able to get everything under MSRP or equal to it still.
>>
>>6108763
>>6108705
Thank you all for the replies!

I think that cleared up A LOT of questions we had. I do have one last question:

We saw trailers where you got to play different characters from different franchises together. Is that like a "free mode" or something? Can we buy more "free modes"? What is it? Are there a lot of content in that?
>>
>>6108939
The Toy Box is a generic area you can play in that lets you build other levels and fight other series' enemies and bad guys and stuff. You get that by default, and it's where the general tutorial for the game is, 3.0 has a rather extensive one. There's two games that add onto that for 3.0, Toy Box Speedway (A racing game), and Toy Box Takeover (A "dungeon" crawling mini story where you fight in different areas and it has some RPG elements), and with these you can have other characters interact with each other because they're considered "dolls" in this mode rather than their character themselves.
>>
>>6107820

They pretty much confirmed all 5 team members will be playable in some form or another, with Robin and Cyborg being playable through their normal figures.
>>
File: index.jpg (641KB, 1190x1650px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
641KB, 1190x1650px
>>6107800
>>
>>6107643
>another melee character that shoots a gun
>>
>>6050726
It's getting remake and finally a PCversion.
There are also rumors it will be conected to Lego Worlds.
>>
File: thought.jpg (41KB, 548x716px) Image search: [Google]
thought.jpg
41KB, 548x716px
The thing that pisses me off about Lego Dimensions is that the abilities on the upgrade trees for some vehicles tend to overlap, leading to a lack of uniqueness, making Gold Bricks feel wasted when spent on new models.

Granted, this is probably because the devs didn't want people to complain about the vehicle system: If there were too many vehicles/gadgets with exclusive abilities, people would complain about having to get more kits to unlock everything. But if all the gadgets had the same abilities, getting new kits would just be a waste of money.
>>
>>6110266
I think you're right in that it's sort of a catch 22. Personally, I kind of hate having to use vehicles at all because the game already has enough character swapping as is. Throwing in even more tedium breaks the momentum of the platforming parts for me. By that same token, I love building the little pieces and they become better display pieces sometimes so I'm happy to own a couple cars that more or less function the same.
>>
>>6111159
Gotta agree, lots of the vehicles make really nice builds like Sonic and Harry Potter but I do try and use characters where i can.
Vehicles handle like crap, generally get stuck on your other characters and you have to keep finding them. Planes up and down being the camera stick sucks too.
I'd do all the foot races with sonic but they generally put some jump in it somewhere.
>>
>>6111816

The Cyberman's Dalek is great for races. But for some reason it doesn't work in at least one place, the Mines of Moria race in the LotR world.
>>
>>6108348
aren't there like 100+ skylanders at this point (Not counting variants and shit like Swap combos)?
That sounds like a pain in the ass to make a checklist of.
>>
>>6107800
No need to post, I own every single one except for those hybrid Skylanders/amiibo.

Kinda depressing since I spent all this money on them but they're all in a plastic bin because I don't have any ideas on how to make them look nice, and a fucking Detolf is ugly in my room.
>>
File: Lord_Vortech.jpg (150KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Lord_Vortech.jpg
150KB, 1024x1024px
I'm really hoping that the Vortech datamine is true. So far in Dimensions, the only universes explored in detail are those from which every character thus far has come; we know next to nothing about Vorton itself. If Vortech comes with a level pack telling his side before or after the main story [spoiler] when that other minifigure gets corrupted [/spoiler] then it would be a godsend.
>>
Since when did Five Below start carrying Lego Dimensions fun packs?
>>
>Infinity is ded
>Imaginators bombed
>Dimensions goes on sale all the time

Don't tell me the good times are over, /toy/.
>>
File: gryphon imaginator.png (598KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
gryphon imaginator.png
598KB, 800x800px
>>6069090
Don't have the game, but how is the customization? Like, what tools do you have?
>>
>>6115090
It's mostly just height adjustment and color swaps, but you can get an app that lets you play around with it.
>>
>>6115189
I've been trying to download the app, but it keeps saying I have insufficient storage, even when I deleted nearly everything I downloaded and added a new micro SD card.
>>
>>6115090
You can't move or resize parts individually, which is a pain when the ear or headgear pieces are enormous or weirdly placed. One example being the unicorn horn points backwards
>>
>>6115263
I guess Activision should've taken some Ps and Qs from Maxis.
>>
>>6114892
isnt lego always on sale because it takes up a smaller space than regular lego to make room for the new waves or unsold stock because it's like 30$ for small box?
>>
Welp finally got Supergirl.

She's easily my favorite dimensions character other than Sonic now.
>>
>>6114892
>Imaginators bombed
Really?
>>
>>6107643
>If The Dude was a Ghostbuster.jpg
>>
Why does Wildstyle's stupid scanner have a weird square handle instead of a regular legu handle made for a lego hand to hold.
I keep losing it.
>>
>>6115861
How much did she cost?
>>
File: 2540.jpg (13KB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
2540.jpg
13KB, 250x187px
>>6115940
sales were less than expected/hoped

>>6116338
you mean you dont have your own?
>>
Best Buy just ended its half off sale on Dimensions packs today, Is there anyplace else that has discounts going on?
>>
>>6112959
FUCK, I would buy the shit out of that if for nothing else than a Minifig of that glorious bastard.
Are there rumors of this happening???
>>
>>6116782
An alleged datamine, to be exact.
Here: http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-dimensions-upcoming-expansion-packs-datamined/
>>
File: wyldestyle.png (356KB, 572x480px) Image search: [Google]
wyldestyle.png
356KB, 572x480px
>>6116338
Because that's what she has in the movie.
>>
File: VZM.IMG_20161227_182949.jpg (118KB, 1080x1744px) Image search: [Google]
VZM.IMG_20161227_182949.jpg
118KB, 1080x1744px
HOW DO YOU STORE YOUR DIMENSIONS FIGURES? HOW MANY DO YOU HAVE??
>>
>>6117263
Well its still obnoxious to get a lego figure to hold.
>>
File: 60478.jpg (12KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
60478.jpg
12KB, 200x150px
>>6118006
i dont. i need them as handles for the toy tags

>>6118140
>first world problems
>>
>>6116338
I said fuck it and put one of the single "dot" pieces on the bottom. You should have some left over from the portal/Batmobile build. Stick one on it and then you can fit her hand inside it.
>>
>>6116793
Fingers seriously crossed.. A Lord Vortech minifig would easily be in my top 5 favorite Minifigs ever made.
I just wonder if they'd give him the Helmet or just the printed head and how they'd work that clear body. My guess is translucent limbs and maybe a light blue body with some astral looking printing on it.
>>
>>6116446

I went the quick and easy route and bought another PS4 starter pack from Best Buy.

So $40. I plan on selling the rest of the starter pack for like... $20 or so.
>>
Found the Orange monstrostiy Chain Reaction at Walmart.

I was fucking shaking, I've been collecting since SSA and that was the first ever variant I found.
>>
I wasn't ready for weeping angels to out right jump scare you.
>>
File: IMG_0409.jpg (408KB, 588x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0409.jpg
408KB, 588x900px
finally got around to getting Quorra for $4 at TRU
>>
>>6124066
i know right?

>>6124319
why?
>>
File: 20170112_122016.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170112_122016.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
Just got these bad boys in the mail earlier today, such a shame Imaginators came late cause its easily the best game in the series and has the best figures hands down
>>
Nintendo Switch announcement didn't come with any Amiibo announcements, anyone here concerned?
>>
>>6124613
>Chompy Mage
>Pain-Yatta

Where?
>>
>>6124760
BotW confirmed to be getting a new Zelda and Bokoblin amiibo.
Semi related, but Imaginators is getting ported too.

This is not the death of TTL
>>
>>6124760
We already know the Zelda three pack is happening for BotW, and Boxboy was just recently announced for Japan. There's no doubt Splatoon 2 will probably have some as well as the newer Mario game for the hat.
>>
>>6124785
>This is not the death of TTL
yet. it'll pretty much be a launch title
>>
>>6124782
>>6124613
>Tfw saw a bunch of Christmas Chompy Mage around Thanksgiving and figured I'd wait for it because they had a fuck ton of the holiday ones last year
>now can't find a single one and Skylanders seem to be sold out all over

fucking gay
>>
Turns out there's gonna be a Zelda and a Bokoblin amiibos. Strange this wasn't stated in the conference and instead sneakily uploaded on their site

http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/detail/zelda-amiibo-the-legend-of-zelda-series

http://www.nintendo.com/amiibo/detail/bokoblin-amiibo-the-legend-of-zelda-series
>>
Does Skylanders have anything resembling a tier list or competitive metagame yet?

I don't want to buy them all, but I would like access to the top 16 or figures.
>>
>>6126742
>competitive metagame
theres some for swap force, but what's the point? youre really supposed to like skylanders that fit your play style
>>
>>6126742
It's a game for children. I mean, Pokemon is too and there are "tier lists" for that, but what is your endgame? Do you want to finish the game on hard? You can do that with anyone. Do you want to be the best at the Global Skylanders Championship? Well, that's not a real thing so don't sweat it.
>>
>>6126692
Oh, I like that. Bokoblin looks neat, but I don't know if that Zelda sculpt is all that great.
>>
>>6126742
The only characters that are decent are those with large AOE attacks and stuff that's fast since every Skylander moves like fucking garbage.

Stealth Elf, Drobot, Wallop, and I felt my Fire Gunslinger Imaginator was pretty good with some high speed and defense.
>>
>>6126742
Swap Force had a pvp arena so people made lists for those. Any newer game just has lists for what kills things fastest, but those don't matter much besides being "buy the newest characters".
>>
>>6126863
My playstyle is winning. I like whatever wins.
>>6127336
To the very best like no one ever was. Like the legendary Samurai Miyamoto Musashi imma use the weapons I've mastered to crush any person in Arena I can find. Plus just because there aren't any tournaments for it now that doesn't mean I can't set up any in the future.
>>6127367
Thanks I'll have a look for those then.
>>6128886
So wait, the newer games don't come with PVP? Lol, no wonder they didn't sell well. I'll eventually still look at all the newer figures in case they bring it back. But... for now I'll just focus on the Swap Force ones, cheers.
>>
>>6124782
Painyatta double pack is on amazon, i was able to preorder before it went to out of stock, since i was able to get him i just found an ebay bid on chompy mage since hes the only one i had left to get (thats out) and ended up getting a not to bad deal on him
>>
>>6129759
Trap Team is still a fun game that you might like. Doesn't have PvP but it has a lot of PvE bosses in each level if you like big fights over large platforming.
>>
>>6129759
I would actually kind of enjoy going to a tournament, but I'd also be embarrassed that my best skylanders are also waifu shit that betray too much of my deepest secrets.
>>
>>6132481
Its a tournament for Skylanders. Everyone older than ten that's not a supervising parent is gonna be embarrassed. Just remember to wipe off all the ___ stains first.
>>
>>6132922
i want to believe that they are working on a new pcp game or mode. i love all my bros, even though they may end up on some low tier
>>
>>6129759
Making a tier list is also kinda pointless since they change from game to game, for example roller brawl is an absolute beast in swap force but gets nerfed really hard in the later games.
But that other anon is right in that whatever is fast is the best, the key is usually to avoid getting hit, just get whatever current fast skylander there is.
>>
>>5994313
First time posting in one opf these threads, want to say before hand this is NOT my display at all. Found this while looking for PS4s on LetGo and figured you guys might appreciate this collection, wether to laugh at or admire I don't care, not mine.

And yes he is selling the entire collection, shelf included.
>>
>>6126742
Actually, yes. A tier list exists:
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=91434
>>
>>6137521
I swear they had TT and SC as well
>>
Is it possible to get dimensions to work without buying much more than the starter pack yet? Like would it be possible to write character data to cheap NFC stickers?
>>
Sorry about the Reddit, but this was about the only thing I could find.
reddit.com/r/LegoDimensionsHacks/5de4yv
It seems to imply that it's possible.
>>
>>6137691
basically you can only overwrite the generic tags with other vehicles. if you want more characters, one way is to just get the toy tags only on bricklink. I just put other minifigs on them
>>
>>6137995
Those toy tags on BrickLink are pretty cheap. Do they have the NFC tag in them? Is that site fairly reliable?
>>
>>6138013
yes and yes.
>>
So apparently the Switch version of Imaginators functions the same as the 3DS version: switch characters at any time without need for a portal!

https://twitter.com/Dystify/status/823623094266953728?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
>>
>>6144410
In a press release (i think it was posted up here somewhere) they also mentioned you can scan in your Skylanders on the Joy Cons, so there's no need for a porta.
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 53

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.