[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who said this project was going to fail again? Can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (98KB, 639x466px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98KB, 639x466px
Who said this project was going to fail again? Can't wait to get my Ninjas!
>>
File: image.jpg (128KB, 639x639px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128KB, 639x639px
>>5987545
>>
>>5987545
These are last week's update. This week's is supposed to be in hand images of pre-fixes factory samples. Hopefully today.
>>
>>5987545
I want 12 of each color ninja and one deluxe ninja for each color. 10 of each samurai color. But I'm not a rich cunt so I'll just buy 3 black ninjas and one temple samurai.
>>
>>5987545
>>5987549
That packaging design is so god damn boring. You figure for 35 bones a piece you'd get something a little nicer.
>>
>>
>>5987666
They decided to just go with an import figure styled box. I guess fully windowed to clearly show the figure. A picture of it on the side. Then some generic stuff on the back. What else would you have liked?
>>
>>5987684
>>
>>5987666
I'm not paying for the fucking box, it could be a brown blank box for all I care just as long as I get my damn ninjas.
>>
>>5987706
Actually, I would kind of prefer a blank brown box. Similar to late-model Motu Classics. A simple recycled box with printed wordmark and figure name would be classy and cost-efficient.
>>
>>5987744
It's not like they're going on store shelves so there's no reason for a picture to catch some bodies attention.
>>
File: droids1263006.jpg (54KB, 250x369px) Image search: [Google]
droids1263006.jpg
54KB, 250x369px
>>5987685
>They decided to just go with an import figure styled box.
And that's boring.
>What else would you have liked?
Not him, but i personally would have liked to have seen some original art. Didn't they have any concept art?

Best packaging always features original art.
>>
>>5987605
Did anything come of it?
>>
>>5987895
Not yet. Not sure what they're up to... As far as I know most if not all of the pics have already been taken.

>>5987744
>>5987749
Fair enough, but some people out there do like to display things in box, so this allows for that. And also it's a resealable box that could be used for storage or reselling or what not. I open my figures so either way would work for me.
>>
I dub this guy Negan-san.
>>
File: 45.jpg (145KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
45.jpg
145KB, 1500x1500px
>>5988816
http://thefwoosh.com/2016/10/articulated-icons-painted-fep-samples
>>
>>5988816
The figures look about ML-tier but my god.

They really could and should have done a better job with these photos as this lighting is not flattering in the least bit.
>>
>>5988823
I think they're looking pretty great, minus the first few black ninja pics and a few others, no idea what happened there. Looking good, definitely looking forward to what I ordered.
>>
The ones I ordered, as long as they tone down the gloss and fix up the face on solitaire, look absolutely fine.

Thank god.
>>
>>5988821
Oh and for those who don't like to read, these are the worst of the 2 sets of each figure they got, and this is also pre factory fixes to the issues that they found.
>>
>>5988816
I didn't realize this guy was also solitaire. In the latest update they grouped together the different versions of the characters they've made.
>>
>>5987545
Ooo boxes.

Fail doesn't even mean it won't release. Fail can also mean that the hyped people will realize they paid premiums for shitty ML KOs and these will never see the light of day again.
>>
>>5989079
Yep, basically starts off as a bad guy, dies, somehow resurrects, tries to atone for bad deeds. Turns out he's immortal and is now in the present day as an assassin who I assume kills bad people. Personally, I'll treat Itami as a separate character, just like with Seijun and his samurai figure.
>>
>>5989079
Well to me he's Not Snakeeyes and I also have a Not Stormshadow as well.
>>
>>5989361
And I remember someone calling his first human form Kobra Khan, with the sleeveless arms. There's a background to these stories, but it's really whatever we want it to be.
>>
They're close but it's time to talk about the future. There has been talk of doing a 1.5 type thing for the ninjas, perhaps bringing in kunoichi and more. But let's say that happens. What's next? Do you want them to continue to stay with the feudal Japan theme or would you like them to move on to other eras and places? Feudal China, the era of Vikings, pirates, I assume no knights due to mythic legions, or something else?

A theme I feel like they should perhaps stick to is the modern day one off figure like solitaire. I doubt they'll ever go full modern (where is army alphas, btw) so it'd be cool to sprinkle a modern version of whatever theme they're doing. Though.. I'm not sure how viable that would be, especially without the need to commit to specific tooling.

I also hope they keep to the unique items for characters, like the tengu mask, the gourd and hands, the specialized hands, etc. It makes things feel like they have a bit more worth since you couldn't get that piece without that figure.
>>
>>5989619
I want some wild west stuff, god dammit. And increased articulation with focus on newer, more important points of movement, not this conventional/lazy bullshit.
>>
>>5989624
I do feel like wild west could be a pretty cool theme. Bandits, horses, the heroic sheriff, the badass gunslinger... Any other archetypes you'd want?

And I agree, I do hope once these figures are out everyone involved will take in the feedback they'll surely get for them. I'm just worried that whoever wants changes will be a vocal minority, as the forums are almost universally praising them, which I agree that this was a great feat for a group of site owning people to do, but it can always get better and constructive criticism shouldn't be feared by either party. And of course we'd have to expect perhaps some cost increases with more articulation. Maybe they should poll their backers and forum goers for input.

On the topic of articulation, if there are more ninjas and let's say a bit of an articulation upgrade, would you want them to go straight into it with those or not in order to maintain universality among that era of figures?
>>
I ordered some of these, but honestly, these just seem like I'm getting ML tier figures for twice the ML price.

I'm already seeing that I'll just be turning around and selling them after I get them.
>>
>>5989663
Possibly, but I'd wait til you get them in hand before you're sure.
>>
>>5989667
All these factory previews with worse paint apps and literally an almost identical engineering setup to ML figures has me pretty sure about what I can expect.
>>
>>5989645
Update with a new body, new standard ninja, make new characters, don't bother updating the old characters. Butterfly joints or pin them in at a 45 degree downward angle into the torso, just implement some way to get the arms across the chest. Toe hinges, two torso joints, ball at base of neck. I've been through all this earlier.
>>
>>5989670
Even then, there are tweaks they're making to paint and what not. And the articulation, though similar to an ML, plus the ball joints at the wrist look quite functional. Up to you though.
>>
>>5989645

Old West saloon playset with whore and bartender figures included. Also need some rancher/gunslinger army builders.
>>
>>5989681
You'd be ok with the price hike? I'll just say 5 bucks per, I don't know how much it'd be. I agree that those would be helpful though.

>>5989698
But would that really be a feasible sell? Or maybe split the saloon into parts like they were discussing for Mythic Legions. As iconic as a saloon is I don't think it would match the interest of a castle, or be feasible enough to sell. A bartender with a few drinks and a boomstick would be quite a funny thing though, and with a cool enough character I'm sure he'd sell. The whores, not so much.
>>
>>5989693
I hope the paint tweaks are big improvements, but I know it won't be that big.

They shouldn't have used ML engineering as a base in the first place. There's better examples.
>>
>>5989709

Check your privileges bro, lot's of posses had a skank to share while out on the frontier.

It's 2016. Woman action figures are here to stay.
>>
>>5989722
Ah, that's the issue though, it is 2016, and in this day and age I dont think a whore would be a figure that would be made if nothing else to avoid potential backlash. I just look to Captain Redbeard to see a female in what isn't her conventional element. Female gunslingers would be welcome. They could always make a dancer, with say a knife on her leg who's an assassin. The implication, of course, being that she sleeps with you only to kill you. >>5989722
>>
>>5989709
I'd have gladly paid 40 for them for a couple more points. They're already priced highly, might as well go all the way.
>>
>>5989731
Fair enough. If they were to stay with 'the feudal series' they already have a lot of baseline things, just need a new torso really, and a different way to implement the removable arms, and neck. I'm interested to see what they'll do. I don't know if they frequent here but some ideas might be at least worth considering. Then again their current formula worked, so they may think why change it.
>>
>>5989743
I think the reason it worked so well this time is because they introduced something everyone wanted with standards that are easily met. Accessible, basic ninjas in 1/12 scale with slightly better articulation than the average ML. Keep that formula up of supplying exactly what people are in dire need of and they'll keep succeeding. I think the obvious next step is Western, but yeah, interested to see where they go next.
>>
>>5989749
Western is a good theme, and I know at least one of the creators is a huge fan of it and wants it out so there's almost zero doubt we'll eventually get them, but I think the immediate next wave would be more ninjas, as the current want to fill seems to be female ninja. I don't think it should be that big a wave, maybe under 10 figures. Do a couple more basic ninjas, hopefully cheaper now that the molds for those are all good to go and what not, and a female ninja mold. Fill the rest with some new characters, a samurai or 2, all using existing molds and it would be a good filler wave I think. Maybe female martial artists too.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.