[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Discounting the figures, what are the differences between Mega

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: Mega_Bloks_vs._LEGO.jpg (10KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
Mega_Bloks_vs._LEGO.jpg
10KB, 180x180px
Discounting the figures, what are the differences between Mega Bloks and Lego bricks today? What about in the past?
>>
LEGO has better quality plastic and quality control in general. MB tend to get stress marks in the plastic, often have a few missing/deformed, and can get stuck together for pretty much good. But I will say MB CS isn't terrible and they were far better than Kre-O blocks.

LEGO tends to give a shit about everything. I had a missing head in a blindbag. They sent me a new one and a giftcard for the problem. Almost never a missing pieces, though. The bricks connect and unconnect very well. Never any stress marks on the plastic.
>>
>>5986238
It's really just quality. And while I'll give MB credit for really taking steps forwards in the last decade, they still feel cheap and break much easier.
>>
>>5986238
the MB bricks are softer plastic and the brick connection is weaker and uneven at times
>>
File: building planks.jpg (260KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
building planks.jpg
260KB, 1600x1200px
McFarlane blocks are best.
Better quality than MB and as good as LEGO, but for different effects
>>
>>5986244
I can only think of one time I got a fucked up lego. It was the 2009 Slave I set. One of the broad wing pieces came with a big part of extra melted plastic extending from the edge. I just snapped it off at the seem and the piece was pretty much fine. At the time I never even imagined lego pieces like that could pass quality control.
>>
File: IMG_10132.jpg (224KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_10132.jpg
224KB, 1600x1200px
>>5986244
>Never any stress marks on the plastic

It does happen, more and more often now that Lego is increasingly being made in China with less emphasis on QC.

>tfw four blind bag samurai and stress marks on all four armor pieces
>>
>>5990196
That's because of the people groping and fondling the bags too hard.
>>
>>5986238
megablocks had larger studs when i was a kid. they'd always stretch out the holes in lego figure feet.
>>
>>5990206
There shouldn't be stress even with the fondling, they've had that armor piece around before they started the blind bags. I have a few and they feel different, more solid, no stress marks even when pressing on them.
>>
>>5990218
That piece has always been made with softer plastic, not the same ABS. You could break it with your bare hands if you wanted. There's no design solution to that besides much thicker armor.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.