[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can Good Jew Company & Max Faggotry get away with this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 8

File: file.png (344KB, 618x634px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
344KB, 618x634px
How can Good Jew Company & Max Faggotry get away with this?
REEEEEEEEEEEEE............
>>
>>5975895
He costs way too much as well, especially since he has fuck all for accessories.
>his fucking mask is web shop exclusive
Thats not a "bonus" at all, its part of his base costume you jews
>>
I'm not trying to defend these actions in any way, but really he doesn't wear that mask too often. Especially if you're caught up to the manga.

Still not going to be buying him unless I see him for like, 30 or 35 on the aftermarket somewhere.
>>
>>5975905
>Thats not a "bonus" at all, its part of his base costume you jews
He literally wore it one time before it was pretty much universally acknowledged that the mask was a mistake.
>>
>>5975920
>>5975922
I know, and I wouldn't care that much if he came with more stuff. He looks great, sweat effect is cool as well there is just no justifying that price for the amount of shit you get.
>>
>>5975924
Honestly though, he's not a character that would have a lot to come with. As far as things I'd say he "needed", the only things I could think of beyond the bog-standard "some hands and faces" would be a broken finger hand and a crackle-energy replacement right arm. 4500yen for that and I'd have been sold.
>>
>>5975939
>4500 yen
I don't think as many people would be bitching if he was that much at all. Its the 6300 yen price on top of Japan Only that is just pissing people off. 4500 yen would have been a pre-order for me as well as the figure looks great.
>>
>>5975895
i dont even read that manga but damn that figure is cool
>>
File: Screenshot_20161018-213656.jpg (893KB, 1391x2115px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161018-213656.jpg
893KB, 1391x2115px
oh no, however will we get around it?
>>
>No new boots he wears right now.

Just wait for the 2.0 version
>>
>>5975895
Have they made that frog girl, or are they going to? I'd probably get that.
>>
>>5975943
Well 6,300 yen is the new base price, get used to it or take your chances waiting for bargain bin sales. Prices will just keep going up from here on out. I knew this shit was coming because that bare bones P3 MC was way over-priced too.

I believe the only reason Celty is cheaper is because it's not Max Factory but instead FREEing. Almost all the FREEing releases have been really really cheap in comparison. It fucking sucks ass because there are figma coming up I basically won't be able to afford and will have to pray for a bargain bin sale JUST to get them at $40-45 which is what the fucking things are worth.
>>
>>5975895
> newfag shonenshit eaters losing their shit over the simplest things

More news at 11
>>
>>5976004
If nobody buys this, then why would they make a version 2.0?
>>
I'm sure toys of the girls or Bakugou/Todoroki will sell better than Deku, but if Deku doesn't sell well enough none of them will be made.

I'd kill for an Ochako figma.
>>
>>5976130
What happened to Figma only making girls? Why do they refuse when they do a series where all the girls have way better designs?
>>
>>5976136
> not knowing BwHA has a huge fujoshi following
>>
Manga based on American-style superheroes.
>limited to Japan Only
[insert meme phrases here]

Is /toy/ still drinking the 3Dprinter propaganda? Isn't 3Dprinting supposed to obsolete the whole limited-edition toy market?
>>
>>5976147
Do fujoshi buy action figures? I thought they only liked statues.
>>
>>5975939
He definitely should have come with some broken finger handswaps considering how simple they'd be. Also should have come with a One for All armswap. As mentioned, the mask really isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but it was a fairly important moment for him in the show and one of the things I loved most when getting into figmas was that they always seemed to provide you with the things to recreate a number of the more important/iconic moments from the source.

Mask should have come with the release. Preorder bonus should have been either his hero notes or floppy broken limb(s)
>>
>>5975895
what does "japan only" entail? That foreign hobby shops can't buy them in bulk, or that he can't be ordered by gaijins period? The latter would have me confused as he's up on amiami and I've pre-ordered him already.
>>
>>5976354
it means that fucking Gamestop won't ever be stocking it
>>
File: peacock.png (55KB, 367x351px) Image search: [Google]
peacock.png
55KB, 367x351px
Whats this "license restriction" BS? Did some money grubbing company like Harmony Crud get or something?
>>
>>5976041
I know right? Where the fuck is my generic moe blob girl in school uniform?
>>
>>5975922

But how the fuck is he gonna fit next to the other superheroes if his face is showing?
>>
>>5975895
Wow thus release just keeps getting better and better doesn't it?
>>
>>5976472
>But how the fuck is he gonna fit next to the other superheroes if his face is showing?

Ask the Fantastic 4, they've been doing it for over 50 years.
>>
>>5975895
I pre-ordered it off AmiAmi without trouble.
>>
>>5976551
Apparently japanese sites like them, HS and HLJ are selling him no problem. But he isn't going up for sell on GSC English site and hasn't shown up on English retailers like BBTS.
>>
>>5975895

what's the issue here?

I don't get it. are you just upset that you can't get the goodsmile bonus?

I mean from the fact that you call it "good jew company" makes me think that you don't even like them, so you probably don't buy figmas or nendos regularly.

Or is this a troll thread?
>>
>>5976568
He'll be on bbts, it will cost a lot more but he'll be there.
>>
>>5976586
Then why can't GSC sell him on their English site?
>>
>>5976472
A lot of the kids have their faces pretty visible in their costumes.

His idol didn't have a mask of any sort either.
>>
Thank god I don't care about hero academia
>>
>>5975905
>>5975922
I wish he came with a head where half of his mask was burned off.
>>
it's not frogfu so who cares
>>
>>5976417
>>5976617

It's just Shonen Jump shitting up the international license rights. RELAX. From historical cases of this happening before, the rights eventually clear and the Global GSC shop will put it up with different order-by dates.

Seriously. You guys should be used to this by now.
>>
>>5976573
He's upset that they're asking 6k for a bare bones figure.
>>
>>5976676
There will be no frogfu if he sells like shit tho
>>
>>5976425
At least moeblob fans know how to buy shit.
>>
>>5976776
doubt there will be frogfu, big seller or not
>>
>>5976147
One of the bad sides of BnHA is this, damn if we get another nendo/figma of the series is going to be Todoroki probably. Not that i hate the character but i would like to see first Ochako, Iida or All Might
>>
>>5976166
They do when they actually bother to make them. Theres so few high profile poseable male figures that its kind of hard to say how it will sell with girls.
>>
>>5975895
just finished anime now i want this
>>
>>5977494
Are there really any fujoshi bait figmas?
>>
>>5977780
If by fujo you just mean fujo and not girls in general, the only things that come to mine are the osomatsu figmas, which seemed to do okay preorder wise for barebones figma releases. The nendos are doing a lot better.
If you mean females in general there was Yu Narukami from persona 4 who even at his high price sold decently enough for them to make the p3 protag.

Very little others I can think of, there were the two vocaloids too, of course they didnt reach miku levels in selling.
>>
>>5977842
those 2 are a completely separate matter.
p4 protag won a figma poll long years ago.
only got released because of the fighting games.
p3 mc got a figma thanks to the movie series.
>>
>>5978012
Thats fair, I was just thinking of figma releases popular with girls as well. Thank you for the info anon, I completely forgot about that.
I wonder if Saitama will do well enough to bring Sonic or Genos, I know those would be popular with them as well as some Mob figures.
Wish I was into hero academia I really want more male figma to be more of an option in the future.
>>
>>5976354
They'll probably sell it in the US when it gets popular. By that time GSC will most likely make a Full Cowl Deku using his new leg and arm bracers or something.
>>
>>5975895
What's the problem? You can still order it off amiami.
>>
>>5978445
No mask that way
>>
File: yeah no thank you.png (280KB, 881x711px) Image search: [Google]
yeah no thank you.png
280KB, 881x711px
>big bad scalpers strike again
>>
>>5976020
What's a poorfag like me going to do?

Should I just kill myself?
>>
>>5979158
It's a Japan only item, meaning it's not being locally distributed here which means the price has to be a lot higher to include their profit margin. Why anyone would use BBTS in this case instead of ordering direct from Japan is beyond me but they aren't scalping.
>>
File: Shock.jpg (77KB, 348x438px) Image search: [Google]
Shock.jpg
77KB, 348x438px
>>5979158
>yfw with shipping from Japan it ends up costing as much as BBTS due to the fucked up exchange rates and import laws
>>
>>5977778
I myself just caught up to the manga and I'd rather wait for a 2.0 version especially since this release is pretty bare bones. Maybe there'll be one with the new costume upgrades and some Full Cowl effects but I kinda doubt it's gonna happen any time soon
>>
Only thing about this that irks me is he doesn't have the hood on his back. Even though he doesn't wear it anymore it's still there and should be on the figure.
>>
NY has Deku with bonus mask.

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/19147-my-hero-academia-figma-midoriya-izuku-limited-edition.html

7,400Â¥

No choice, I've just ordered one, not two. Just getting too fucking expensive.
>>
File: 646.jpg (135KB, 347x344px) Image search: [Google]
646.jpg
135KB, 347x344px
>>5979799
>like $95 shipped with eco
>>
>>5978455
These exclusives always end up on AmiAmi used section, mandarake and/or eBay. Not the end of the world.
>>
File: japonjew.jpg (206KB, 747x661px) Image search: [Google]
japonjew.jpg
206KB, 747x661px
>>5980968
>Average 20~50% mark up
>Used
>USED
Pretty sure an "A" condition item on Ami stands for "unopened-brand new-fuck-off-gaijin-we-japonjew-rip-you-off-kek".
>>
I really am glad kancolle can get so many of each characters with many many accesories.
>>
File: IMG_1915.jpg (356KB, 1577x1342px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1915.jpg
356KB, 1577x1342px
>>5976586
>85 dollarydoos

Jebus!
>>
>>5982537
>Using BBTS for your superior nippon folded plastic.
>>
>>5982537
You dont read? -> >>5979158

>Also no mask. So fuck off.
>>
Hope they do more. I can see them making Katsuki, but I want Tsu and All Might.
>>
>>5982537
Told you, they'll import it themselves and then resell it that's where the extra price comes in.
>>
I usually grab this kind of stuff from BBTS but fuck that, what would be a better alternative to get one in Europe??
>>
>>5976020
>Just enable them bro
>>
>phoenix wright 7000 yen
>void fucking 2800 yen
good smile has gone insane
>>
>>5986092
>void fucking 2800 yen

I wish.
>>
>>5986092
>>5986099
whoops, missed a zero
>>
>>5976020
>6300y is the new base price
christ almighty. I got into figma when they were 2500. I'm very glad I fell off the figma slippery slope.
>>
>>5988639
Better get All Might.
>>
Wow, do Japanese people still buy thier figures? I imagine they might start to get the hint if sales dip. But if the Japs still snap up everything they crank out they'll just keep asking for more.

Does 2chan crage about this bullshit?
>>
>>5975895
That's bullshit, Archonia, a Belgian store, has them for pre-order
>>
>>5976677
>Seriously. You guys should be used to this by now.
By the way that poster is acting, you can tell he's a newfag
>>
>>5994285

It's partly because sales are dipping that prices are going up. Started with the yen / renminbi going to shit which made production costs go bonkers. More expensive figures = less people buying = lower factory runs = higher costs = higher prices = vicious circle. That's why prices are shit and gsc is jewing bonus parts out the wazoo. If you order from their store they earn more by cutting out middleman retailers.
>>
>>5994578
This. It blows my mind how so few know about basic business but think they have genius critique for how companies do business. If sales weren't dropping then prices wouldn't be going up because the market adjustment with yen happened a good 15-18+ months ago. All the increases now are due to sales dropping like a rock.

Also, while the exchange rate may have helped stave off price increases for US customers for a while it was fucking HORRIBLE for Japanese collectors. They've been paying double for a long time and now they are paying triple. Which of course will just lead to even less shit selling.

Figma Void for instance would have never been priced at 22,000+ before all this bullshit. He'd of been 8,000-10,000 yen tops. But now he's a niche figure in a market that is becoming even more niche and his production costs are just high enough to create the perfect storm of horse shit.
>>
>>5994578
but then why is twilight princess link dx such a good deal and also a standard release?

you'd think it'd be a GSC exclusive or something
>>
>>5994578
>>5994619
You know Tacobell had this same problem, thier shit wasn't selling, and the economy was bad, so they kept raising prices to compensate for lost profits but they were still losing money.

They had to hire someone to tell them "hey, your prices are too high dipshits, you're selling cheap crap, not gourmet meals" so they lowered thier prices and lo and behold, Their profits went back up.

Fact of the matter is, it couldn't possibly cost them that much extra to throw in extra bonus parts, and the exhorbitant price for thier "special" parts is ludicrous. I'd buy from them directly if thier prices weren't through the roof, but as it stands they're getting far too greedy here.

They can obviously afford to be cheaper as the FREEING releases indicate, they just don't do it because they know they can get it. It's why Solid Snake was so ass rapingly expensive while the silent hill stuff was half the price.
>>
>>5994619
Bullshit, I wouldn't be so annoyed if it was just the prices going up. The problem is that the quality is going down the shitter despite the price hikes. Compare all the shit that would come with a figma not even four years ago to the barren releases they shit out nowadays. That's the real problem, and then they have audacity to sell incomplete figures and split their accessories with statueshit figfix and webshop exclusives. I'm willing to pay the premium price if quality of the purchase actually reflected that which is why I'm OK with DX Link because he actually comes with stuff to make it worth the price. This is why I barely buy figmas anymore and will probably just drop the line all together since it seems DX versions are more of an anomaly and the norm is going to be figmas with next to no accessories and an extra face as a preorder exclusive while prices continue to skyrocket.
>>
>>5995127
They anticipate more sales with Link DX because he has huge global appeal. By pricing him lower and giving him more stuff they are attempting to make up for the loss of Japanese customers with the addition of American customers. Similar to how DBZ Figuarts sell way better in America.

>>5995141
>They can obviously afford to be cheaper as the FREEING releases indicate, they just don't do it because they know they can get it.
The Berserk stuff that is price gouging to the moon is FREEing too bro. Max Factory stopped after Casca. As for your argument regarding the special parts not costing them more...at the web shop they are made to order figures piggybacking off normal retail releases. The extra profit margins (about 50% more most likely) cover the smaller production run of the bonus items no problem.

>>5995203
>quality is going down
Uh...no. What you mean to say is "value is going down" because the actual quality of the sculpt, paint jobs and articulation has went up. Don't even try to tell me older figma look better than newer figma, they fucking don't even come close. Pick up old Saber and put her next to Saber 2.0. Or old Aegis next to newer Aegis. Or just any old figma in general compared to Ryuko or Motoko. The face plates alone are a HUGE improvement
>>
>>5995765
You're just being pedantic, you KNEW what he meant. It barely costs them anything to pump out the same figure but with all thier accessories. Instead they add an extra gun or a head that should've been included in the first place and suddenly they want an extra 20$? Fuck off with that shit.
>>
>>5995775
There is an argument to be made that the improvements in overall quality are worth some level of price increase. I personally draw the line at a bare bones figma costing $65-70 shipped, won't pay that. I was comfortable paying $50-60 shipped which is what most the recent stuff cost. I'm also very uncomfortable with web shop bonuses being big elaborate accessories.

Don't try to portray me as someone defending the bullshit happening with Deku right now. I despise the fact they didn't give us effect part hands and that mask was made a bonus. I despise it even more because it's a Japan only web shop figure which means it will cost almost as much as Gilgamesh. So I am skipping it.
>>
>not living in japan

lol
>>
>>5995802
Well, whatever, I paid 50$ shipped for figma snake, and he was worth that much. They can fuck right off with the 80$ they wanted for his signature pistol + a new box.

I'll probably pick up matroid prime samus if it loks better in promo pics, and skyward sword link and ganon if they make him. I'm getting kinda sick of thier bullshit and I'm only gonna buy it if I can get it cheap from now on.

They want 65$ for dx link, and THAT is worth it for all the shit he comes with. Not this scant bulllshit they want top dollar for now. I don't even understand how much they could possible save by cutting out small things like this.
>>
>>5995869
>I don't even understand how much they could possible save by cutting out small things like this.
It's not about saving money. It's about getting 50% more profit and incentivizing you to use their web shop so they can have regular releases that don't cost way more. Look at the prices of those JoJo figures and how out of control they are getting. They don't have a web shop to absorb some of these losses and now bare bones JoJo releases are costing $80. Even the re-releases are $60.

The web shop is keeping us from having $80 figma on a normal basis. They are experimenting trying to find a balance between "nice little bonuses" and "integral important accessories" but they fucked up big with Deku. Deku NEEDED one more accessory. Whether it was effect parts, an extra face or a masked head. People are afraid Deku will become the new normal and they should be.

With that said...it's not like Deku is the first release to come with a lack of stuff and be overpriced compared to other figma. The Hunter x Hunter figures were just as bad. Gon and Killua lacked value compared to other figma in that time frame.
>>
>>5995869
>>5995889

I'm happy with the Snake I got. I wish I had THE weapon to have with him, but I couldn't justify paying 20-30 bucks more for the sake of a tiny plastic gun.

Phoenix Wright still has me conflicted because I want that damn extra face but now I'm in the same position. Can I really justify paying $20-30 for a little plastic face?
>>
>>5995911
That's just it, you can get a recast of it for like, a dollar. Why pay 30 extra dollars?
>>
>>5995911
You could always buy three and then sell two. It helps take SOME of the bite out of the price by basically lowering the cost on shipping. Of course that's not a good strategy unless you have tons of money. If you know two other local collectors you could split the order among each other.
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.