[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I made the mistake of buying a Titans Return Galvatron because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 12

File: CmCT0Z-VEAATgIt.jpg (78KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
CmCT0Z-VEAATgIt.jpg
78KB, 600x900px
I made the mistake of buying a Titans Return Galvatron because of nostalgia.

Transformers sure are shitty nowadays. Why is this line still so popular?
>>
>>5974524

You bought one of the worst in the current line. Probably the worst. Go pick up one of the good figures in the line.
>>
>>5974524
Everyone that's not a poor fag buys 3rd party now.
Hasbro a shit.
>>
>>5974524
Americans are cheap.
>>
I like mine, maybe I just have shit tatse
>>
>>5974570
>maybe
>>
>>5974528
>>5974524
what's so bad about it
>>
File: 1485-gen-tf-Blurr3.jpg (228KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1485-gen-tf-Blurr3.jpg
228KB, 1600x1200px
>>5974614
>>5974524
The good toys were too complicated for kids to transform or not-break, so Hasbro dumbed them down to make them more kid-friendly.

Kids also don't care about good paint, as opposed to Takara where the adult toy collector who notices that sort of thing buys more than kids.
>>
>>5974534
>>5974547
>>5974608
>>5974647
ITT: Takara shills and KO gook cucks
>>
File: tumblr_oe2p4kRYUi1te0qnyo8_500.jpg (14KB, 480x424px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oe2p4kRYUi1te0qnyo8_500.jpg
14KB, 480x424px
>>5974524
butthurt desuka?
>>
>>5974647
>Kids also don't care about good paint, as opposed to Takara where the adult toy collector who notices that sort of thing buys more than kids.
Actually, more colors = kid friendly.
Im not a fan of Takara's cheapo chrome look or the multicolored Blur.

I'm fine with subtle colors. The Takara Blur is just too bright looking.

They should have painted other details instead, like fineass weathering and shading.
I'd pay more for that.
>>
File: galvatron wonders.jpg (91KB, 736x567px) Image search: [Google]
galvatron wonders.jpg
91KB, 736x567px
>>5974524
>why is the line so popular
Same reason marvel legends still exist, they look the part and are very simple to work with.

I bought him, painted what needed to be painted such as the FACE, bought a shapeways adapter, avoid the "third mode" (can still morph it into a pseudo-gun mode like the g1 toy rather than the forced place) and he's fine for what is essentially a kids toy.

If you want a better galvatron, wait for the masterpiece line from takara to get him going, or buy one of the many third party ones, some are amazing, some are up to preference

>>5974670
The thing with takara is they aim for cartoon accuracy, for better or for worse, the color layout on legends blurr would be the same as what the mp would use (though even legends blurr is stylized to a small degree compared to the animation model), I'm still trying to work out what hasbro was trying to do with theirs since the g1 toy they were trying to emulate was a failure and ended up as a 2 colored slab of plastic with little to no variance apart from robot mode (but to be fair, both blurrs are slabs of blue, one just pops, the other is drab).

In the end, even the masterpiece figures are but mere toys since the entirety of the show and franchise was to sell toys, bright colors boost sales potential, and is exactly why TR blurr and Scourge are shelf warming in comparison to their wave counterparts.

I mean shit here we just had wave 2 drop and they're fucking gone but in their place I see pegs of blurr and scourge, only bought hasbro scourge for troop building.

>They should have painted other details instead, like fineass weathering and shading
See, there is a problem with that, unless its tampo'd (which still carries risk) it'll get scratched off, and why many custom transformers end up being stuck in a single mode, that and tf in japan is super robot shit so they'd rather them clean
>>
>>5974678
'm pretty sure Scourge is shelf warming because he's a creepy old guy with a mustache, a child's nemesis.
I don't think I've seen Blur since i got him. I do see the gator and green guy often though, if in more limited numbers than old guy.

As for shading and washes, why would it rub off? Lots of toys have shades and washes without problems and fi they do rub off... they're shading and washes. It suddenly becomes unique and worn down by actual use. Makes it look cooler.
>>
>>5974524

It's a shame that the toyline hit its peak with the hideous as fuck Bayformers aesthetic. It's been in decline since TFP 1st Ed.

There's always 3P and Masterpieces for collectors, but the market is flooded with cheap, fake MP figs that are almost on the same level of quality as the authentic stuff, there really is little incentive to keep supporting the brand, just keep forking over cash to the Chinese companies making your dreams come true with 3rd party stuff.
>>
>>5974657
Cheap ameributtmad detected
>>
File: panel lining mishaps.jpg (44KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
panel lining mishaps.jpg
44KB, 800x600px
>>5974687
>As for shading and washes, why would it rub off?

Depends where it goes, they're transformers, they aren't statueshit, seems like a waste to have them stand there, some would be fine due to placement, others not so much.

>Makes it look cooler.
Subjective
>>
File: IMG_20161018_091028907.jpg (320KB, 1725x970px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161018_091028907.jpg
320KB, 1725x970px
>>5974524
TR Galvatron is probably the weakest of the Titans Return figures. I recommend picking up Highbrow of Mindwipe. They're great examples of transformers that are simple yet well executed.
>>
I must be missing something. I really like the new Galvatron. As a kid I watched the 86 movie to hell and back. Galvy was my favorite. His 2008 toy was the reason I started collecting CHUG figures, although it wasn't that great. Aside from the flipout crown I can't find much fault with the TR. Really liking the tetrajet third mode too. Just makes sense to me. Despite issues, is it still not the best g1 galvatron we've gotten?
>>
>>5974647
Is the one on the right an unfinished prototype or something? Where's the rest of the colours.
>>
>>5974614
Dumb flip out crown gimmick that hinders head movement.

Gigantic cannon that ruins arm articulation and doesn't even sit in the right place.

Compromised design for an unnecessary third alt mode that kind of looks like a space ship if you squint.

Hollow arms and no wrist swivel.
>>
File: blurr transforms fast.jpg (45KB, 715x548px) Image search: [Google]
blurr transforms fast.jpg
45KB, 715x548px
>>5974647
>>5975126

Nope, thats the official retail version.

I bought the Takara version of that new Blurr, it was worth it.
>>
>>5974534
Poorfag or not, 3P prices besides MP stuff is ridiculous. You're better off buying Bandai SRC or Robot Damashii for your robot fix. Smaller, but better figures.
>>
>>5975129
>Gigantic cannon that ruins arm articulation and doesn't even sit in the right place.
But anon, it's accurate to the original toy :^)
>>
>>5975182
It's accurate to the source material...

The only thing is it lacks some form of articulation to be able to have it off to the side as it appears from time to time depending on what the animatiors where trying to accomplish.
>>
Aside from the paint apps, complexity, or even the hollowness of some figures, I've noticed a sheer drop in just overall quality of the plastic and QC. I got TR Skullcruncher, Sentinel, and 3 Titan masters and they all have problems. 2 of the TMs had hips that were retardedly loose ad knees that didn't want to bend. One of them along with Grax and Sentinel's TM came with big stress marks on their shoulder joints fresh out of the package. Skullcruncher, I know the issue with the hips, but along with those the knees, claws and thigh swivels are also wicked loose. His shins also need to be forced to click together in croc mode and the slightest twitch makes them pop apart.

Compared to Lego or old Kenner figs I've been collecting, the plastic is pretty bad in comparison. And I know people will argue the plastic isn't worse compared to earlier Transformers figs but I've got fucking Energon and Cybertron figs that are in a better state than my brand new TR figs. So in my experience, yeah, they seem shoddy nowadays.
>>
>>5975133

I disagree. I like how Blurr doesn't blend in with Scourge.
>>
>>5974647
The one on the right is a much better figure, though. It just needs more paint, like the Takara version.
>>
>>5975457
Better in what sense?
>>
File: Plastic Quality.jpg (242KB, 1118x532px) Image search: [Google]
Plastic Quality.jpg
242KB, 1118x532px
>>5975210
>>
>>5975472
Better articulation, better sculpting and detailing, much nicer head sculpt, more of a streamlined design with less kibble hanging. Closer to fiction accuracy, if that's a big deal to you. The only other failing besides paint is the hollow bits in his arms, and the headmaster gimmick being inferior to having a normal head. Drift/ the Blurr remold of it was a pretty mediocre figure for its era, and this Blurr just happens to be a pretty good figure for its era.
>>
>>5975210
hollowness always discourages me from buying certain figures
>>
>>5974534
100 dollars for gorilla arms
>>
>>5975481
The funny thing is I'm technically not a fanboy, I just grew up with Armada and figured getting back into it would be interesting.

To say the plastic doesn't feel lighter or more brittle than both other toylines, or even previous TFs is just lying to yourself imo. I'm not saying new TFs are all bad, just a little less sturdy, and the QC has dropped a bit. Argue all you want about the plastic but the QC is undeniably worse.
>>
File: falcon_3.jpg (37KB, 400x290px) Image search: [Google]
falcon_3.jpg
37KB, 400x290px
>>5974984
>Subjective
Yeah, that's some nice evidence of some tard using a Gundam Marker.

Most companies are much more subtle with the use of washes and shadowing. Even hasbro's done OK jobs.
>>
>>5974984
That's a pretty piss-poor job of panel lining desu.
>>
>>5975983
dat word filter
>>
>>5975210
>>5975481
For real, just because it isn't the plastic formula you grew up with doesn't mean it's bad. Using different kinds of plastics also allows for more designs that we probably wouldn't of gotten otherwise because they rely on having different types of plastics i.e. CW Ultra Magnus. But the QC on the first wave was pretty bad, Skullcruncher being the worst. I've not had any problems with any wave 2 stuff though.
>>
Main issue is the rise in labour costs. Recent TFs have either cut down in parts count or used designs with less complex assembly steps, such as >pop-on wheels (vs metal rivet ones)
>simpler plastic ratchets (vs spring + hard plastic gears)
>one sided hollow designs

Another consequence is the shift of their production line from China to the cheaper Vietnam. This was equivalent to resetting all the experience and expertise they had in mold tooling and toy making. The many widespread issues we see in CW and TR are essentially growing pains from this shift.
>>
>>5976174
>>5975609
I'm also referring to other current toys too. Not just old TFs. And no, the overall feel coupled with all the stress marks and tolerance issues of tabs and slots my figures have been having clearly indicate the plastic isn't as sturdy as I would like. But again I'm not saying new TF plastics are absolute shit and the toys are hot garbage. Just that they're not what I personally want to feel in my hands or spend large quantities of money on.
>>
>>5974678
TR Blurr is basically a buck mold for TFs Scourge s to the same to a lesser extent.
Brainstorm, and Trigger Happy are Blurr molds
>>
>>5974524
are there 2 different galvatron heads out there? the only ones i have seen in person have a really deeply set in face with a purple chinstrap.
>>
File: bunch-of-sage-leaves.jpg (23KB, 700x466px) Image search: [Google]
bunch-of-sage-leaves.jpg
23KB, 700x466px
>>5975176
...that can't transform.

Why do weeb figure fags conveniently always ignore the key feature of the line?

>>5974524
what >>5974528 said. You didn't do research and bought the worst one. Or, let's be realistic here, you probably just Google Image Searched for the worst one so you could start a shitposting war.

Which you did. So congratulations.

>>5974691
>turds
>cheap

uh
>>
>>5974998
It is the best Galvatron we've gotten, but it's hampered by the addition of the Headmaster gimmick and the flip-out crown. It makes his head look terrible.

I don't have mine on hand but there's also some weird posability issues in the cannon arm. But yeah, I like him well enough.
>>
>>5975488
>Drift/ the Blurr remold of it was a pretty mediocre figure for its era

I agree with you on every point but that. The old Blurr is a really good figure, but yeah, new Blurr does a lot more with a lot less.

>>5975981
>>5974687
>>5974670
Other than the shitty ass Bayformers no Transformers fiction has ever been gritty and filthy looking. It's always been bright colors.

You're asking for Real Robot shit in what is essentially a Super Robot franchise. Stop being a fucking faggot.
>>
>>5974670
>Actually, more colors = kid friendly.
"Good paint" is not the same thing as "more colors". It means a better utilization of the paint colors chosen to help pick out details and make things pop.
>>
>>5976678
The third party MP knock-offs are cheaper than the official products, and sometimes even better quality. Granted, the official product needs to exist for them to make a less expensive knock-off, and 3rd party products designed from scratch are expensive.
>>
>>5976373
OP's pic is a custom that fixes the main 2 complaints
>>
>>5974524
>I made the mistake of buying a Titans Return Galvatron

I bought him and didn't make a mistake.
>>
>>5974979

You can disagree with somebody without having to stoop to making derogatory remarks about their worth as a person,
>>
>>5974687
>'m pretty sure Scourge is shelf warming because he's a creepy old guy with a mustache, a child's nemesis.

Where do you shop that sells Deluxes on shelves? Everywhere I go they're on pegs.
>>
>>5975129
>Gigantic cannon that ruins arm articulation and doesn't even sit in the right place.

You... HAVE seen the original Galvatron, right?
>>
>>5975575
>100 dollars for gorilla arms

He also comes with legs, a head and a number of other body parts
>>
>>5975983

Let's see your work, then.
>>
>>5976678

>>...that can't transform.

Transformers encompasses a wide variety of collectible items. Not all of them transform or for that matter really HAVE to transform to be valid Transformers collectibles.

To those of us smart enough to be able to think outside the box, at least.
>>
>>5977826
>Not knowing what gorilla arms are.
>kek

Learn to reply autobrat
>>
>>5977818
And in 30 years toy engineering hasn't improved to the point he can mount his cannon cartoon style or toy style? SAD!
>>
File: ronald mcdonald.jpg (103KB, 861x1600px) Image search: [Google]
ronald mcdonald.jpg
103KB, 861x1600px
>>5977157
>"Good paint" is not the same thing as "more colors". It means a better utilization of the paint colors chosen to help pick out details and make things pop.
Excuse the language, but i meant it in that way. Same shit.
Don't be so literal. Take a hint from what i was saying, like "too bright looking"

Most people would consider Ronald McDonald to be more colorful than a businessman in work clothes, despite him only being in three basic colors. Whereas a business man could have as many as 8 to 15 different colors from suit, shoes, and skin tone.

Having that high contrast is more kid friendly like you see on Takara's TFs, hence his coloring in the cartoon.
>>
>>5977827
>LET'S SEE YOU DO [BLANK]

Not that anon, but that is not how that works.

You don't need to be a five star chef or a movie director to be a critic.

Don't need to be a writer to be a book critic.

You don't need to be a painter to be an art critic.
>>
>>5977975
>implying kids on 4chan care that they're using fallacies
>implying they don't view it as an automatic win button for all arguments
And for further effect, let's just make sure someone agrees with him to prove him correct

>>5977827
Told.
I bet that faggot's gonna samefag now and ignore your post.
>>
>>5974524
I bought the Legends version. It's Ben a long time since I was so unsatisfied with a Takara product. There's nothing majorly wrong with it, other than the forced head/face gimmick, but it's just blah.

I'm usually a "God, how poor are people?!" but I really can't muster the interest to spend $20 for the deluxes, let alone the just as blah larger figures.
>>
>>5977173
Knockoffs aren't Third Parties.
>>
>>5980192
I think he meant like Wei Jiang doing shit like upscaling MP10.
>>
>>5977809
Ohhh the irony.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.