[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how the fuck do you justify pricing a RAH Kill La Kill figure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 9

how the fuck do you justify pricing a RAH Kill La Kill figure at +$700?

who the fuck
>>
>>5968088
When you are an American latecomer.
>>
>>5968088
Holy shit, what? I was thinkign of picking this up because it was kinda cute and woulda broke up my display, but how the fuck did this flavor of the month anime figure go UP that high? Fucking rare Lupin the third action figures never hit that shit.
>>
>>5968104
Have you seen the price of the Figma?
Hardly a surprise that all figures of her have also gone up in price.
>>
its absurd
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 356x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 356x200px
>>5968104
>those prices
>flavor of the month
>>
>>5968125
fuck your flavor of the month shit, good anime classics don't even get figures that hit this high of a price. Took 10 godamned years for hot toys leon to get that high, and they're in high demand.

>>5968109
really now? huh, give it another year, and it'll probbaly tank in value unless they make a sequel.
>>
>>5968129
You are delusional if you think figma ryuko is gonna tank in value
>>
>>5968131
I can't believe some fotm anime will hold it's value that long. Didn't those anime suit band girls go for 80$ a few years back and then tank to the point that they're still warming mandarake at 20 a pop?
>>
>>5968131
if they sit in online shops for a year without sellings, sure.

if.
>>
>>5968140
>>5968138
the figma has been out for years
>>
>>5968151
It's been just over two years, give it time.
>>
Wasn't that RAH a WF exclusive limited to like, 250 or something? Would partly explain the price.
>>
>>5968169
that may be true. if so, thats just unfortunate because that version is MUCH better than the senketsu
>>
File: 1468724323522.png (84KB, 245x316px) Image search: [Google]
1468724323522.png
84KB, 245x316px
>it's another "let's cry about Shill la Shill merch being too expensive" thread
I feel like these are happening like every week now
>>
I'm glad my interest in this franchise- and most anime- begins and ends at hentai art. I'm not spending big bucks on figures that don't even show pussy.
>>
>>5968330
There's been a weird influx of new posters lately for some reason, so now it's like we have to retread everything daily.
>>
>>5968356
>lumping all anime into one catergory
>>
>>5968330
yeah, it's getting a bit annoying..they probably just discovered KLK and/or this board.
>>
File: PHOTO_20150528_125047~01.jpg (307KB, 1200x1920px) Image search: [Google]
PHOTO_20150528_125047~01.jpg
307KB, 1200x1920px
>>5968088
Didn't even know the price went up that much. Feels good.
>>
>>5968395
or they just noticed the price on something that really isn't worth it and want to comment on it

if it wasn't kill la kill everyone would be going along with it, but because it's "lol flavor of the month!' people have to bitch about newfags or some shit. It's really retarded.
>>
>>5968330
they recently aired it on that cartoon network channel for little kids
>>
>>5968088
I've always wondered...... what do the nips and vag look like on RAH?
>>
>>5968545
You need to be over eighteen to post here.
>>
File: AfVqEMq.jpg (255KB, 861x467px) Image search: [Google]
AfVqEMq.jpg
255KB, 861x467px
>>5968548
>>
This thread is just some butthurt weeaboos upset that their inferior anime will never be worth anywhere near superior KLK

Get rekt
>>
>>5968562
>rekt
I wish I was as easily entertained as KLK fans
>>
File: 35k0c6M.gif (838KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
35k0c6M.gif
838KB, 500x281px
>>5968088
>there will never be a figma of this
>>
>>5968562
>inferior anime

anime only has value when the hentai fanart pours out- but only uncensored hentai.
>>
>>5968104
If you fags actually gave enough of a shit to buy these when they came out you'd know that these didn't cost much just like with Figma Ryuuko.

"Flavor of the month" my ass, you're just shitting on these because you're a bunch of butthurt latecomers trying to justify your non-purchase. Your post literally reads as follows:
>waaaaahhhhh I was planning to buy this but sah expensive nao
>s-stupid flavor of the month anime, Lupin was betterz anyway
>>
File: tumblr_inline_msqru0WjJP1qz4rgp.jpg (84KB, 500x445px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_msqru0WjJP1qz4rgp.jpg
84KB, 500x445px
>>5968562
>thinking people WANT disgusting markups on their toys
>>
>>5968600
This here is the real tragedy. I have the nendo but it's just not the same.
>>
>>5968736
They were like $250 weren't they?
That doesn't qualify for not costing much
>>
>>5968807
It was an exclusive and yeah, it does when you consider how much they've gone up.

Hell, being a WonFes exclusive should have have indicated that the figure going up in price was a huge possibility, especially for a RAH.
>>
>>5968543
>recently aired

The last episode of the rerun go around was in april. Could be considered recent.

But if anyone wants to know why the prices are nuts and thinks it was kids and current "flavor of the month" the stats don't tell the same story.

After the initial boost in ratings Toonami had after reintroduction there was a slump in that caused them to lose their first few spots and be pushed farther back into the graveyard time slots (post midnight). To stay afloat this they decided to bring in KLK to replace the AoT reruns in Feb 15.

The initial run consistently pulled over a million viewers a week in the 12:30-1:00 AM slot Trailing DBZ Kai at midnight by 100-300k, and outperforming Naruto, InuYasha, Gurren Lagann, and One piece (in later slots up to 2:30 through 2015). For the rerun release it was moved to anchor the block at 3 am where it still brought between 700k and 540k viewers a week up until it ended.

Or if you want outside statistics from Nielsen KLK's initial run was the 11th most watched Saturday night original programming in 2015 with an average of 1.18 million viewers (for reference beating out SAO 2 by 100k). It was one of the highest rated by A18-49 (which specifically works to figure out adult viewership.) through summer 2015 with a solid 60% with dips to 50 beating out everything from the usual adult swim block which hovered around 40% (Again using SAO 2 as reference as a big release at the same time which sat at 40 occasionally hitting 50) to Friends reruns at 50. They classify a major hit among summer adult viewers at 75%

And I only know this because I was forced to take a communications class and forced to do a project in that class so I kept tabs on how Toonami was doing.

TLDR: The merch probably sells high now because the majority of the show's normal TV audience in the US are working/collage age and up so they (theoretically) have expendable incomes. Wait for them to get bored or move on and things should settle.
>>
>>5968088
There's barely any KlK merchandise, so that is a huge factor in prices. Not only are the figures rare, but there's very little to choose from. Rare figures of more popular characters don't even come close to that price. I liked Ryuko, so I'm pretty bummed that I missed the boat on getting figures of her.
>>
>>5968140
But it isn't sitting in shops. It is sitting in anon's closet appreciating even further value while /v/fags tear their hair out in frustration.
>>
So many people make fun of the show and then I see these threads where people cry about prices and lack of merch.

I enjoyed the show and I'm happy I got the two figmas at non rape prices.
>>
>>5968088
Most RAH are only $250 or so, you're not that poor are you?

Probably because she was an exclusive though
>>
File: 227374.jpg (32KB, 418x608px) Image search: [Google]
227374.jpg
32KB, 418x608px
>>5968169
>¥21,000
>Limited to 800 pieces
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/227374
>>
>>5969341
Yeah, the exclusivity is what's behind this. I don't know why nobody bothered to do much with the license with how hot it was for about a year.
>>
>>5968914
>Wait for them to get bored or move on and things should settle.
The problem with that though is that by then practically all the figures in the market would be pre-owned, which means that the unopened ones would still be at a high premium.
>>
>>5969343
It wasn't THAT hot in Japan from my understanding.
>>
>>5968551
Fortunately the OP has probably already committed suicide.
>>
>>5968088
I considered buying her when she was released but the fact that she has a rubber torso and rubber boots made it an easy decision. Deterioration can go fuck with someone else.
>>
>>5968088
meme anime + underappreciated toy release = crazy after market prices

This should only surprise people new to toy collecting. Everybody gets burned by this at some point. The RAH EVA units had similar price jumps for example.
>>
>>5969945
>meme anime
whatever that possibly means.
>>
>anime popular in the west
>knowing how merchandise scalping works overseas, do very limited runs of junk to violate the wallets of weebs

works every time
>>
>>5969991
normies have no fucking idea what "meme" means, just laugh and ignore
>>
>flavor of the month

It's been three fucking years, you goddamn idiots.
>>
>>5968088
Wasn't this a Wonfes exclusive?
>>
>>5968551
the fact that i don't know if it is satire or not disturbs me
>>
>>5970339
Yes, but there's a premium on top of that for being a character that got no merchandise. The other wonfes RAHs barely scratch 500 dollars.
>>
>>5974811
Eva Unit 01 begs to differ, and you can't tell me that doesn't have any other merch.
>>
>>5974823
Oh and yeah I know Unit 01 was retail, but the 00 goes for a pretty penny too.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.