[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, does anyone know any person or company that can design

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_2583.jpg (77KB, 600x484px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2583.jpg
77KB, 600x484px
Hey guys, does anyone know any person or company that can design a custom action figure for you from scratch? I'm thinking almost like garage kit style. I have a few designs I'd be interested in translating over to action figure form.
>>
File: 4L_NN8agEnd.jpg (49KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
4L_NN8agEnd.jpg
49KB, 720x720px
you could probably get someone to 3D print statueshit for you if you modeled something
>>
You could probably go into the Customs thread and ask about commissioning, and similarly, you'll get results if you just google custom figure building/commissioning.
>>
>>5965748
Most of the stuff I've found is using existing figures as bases. I don't want that, I want a custom molded/cast figure but I can't find very many people who do it.
>>
The most expensive part of making a new toy is the massive startup cost of designing and constructing the molds. After that, they're just attached to a machine that mass-produces the pieces. Making a mold with the intention of only making one toy is insane. So you either have to make it yourself or get ready to pay out the asshole.
>>
>>5964284
>3D printing
>Ever an option for toys
>>
File: earthbound.jpg (186KB, 625x465px) Image search: [Google]
earthbound.jpg
186KB, 625x465px
>>5966312
We're getting there.
>>
>>5966296
As long as you are willing to pay the high price . What is your budget?
>>
>>5966296
>>5966600
Don't be an idiot. Ask the maker to supply a quote.
>>
>>5966600
$400 at most. Is that enough?
>>
>>5967995
oh hell no
>>
>>5967995
>The entire board cracks up laughing.

Look man. It takes SEVERAL THOUSAND dollars to get a (even small) mold cast.

What you want to do is do a shit ton of research into silicone molds and resin casting.

I don't know a heck of Alot on that topic. But if you go check out the customs thread, you might find a foothold over there.
>>
>>5966551
Neat!
>>5966312
>312▶>>5966551
>>>5964284
>>3D printing
>>Ever an option for toys
actually mate, there's a few dudes in the scene who wil make the thing in a 3-d print, sand it, spit shine it, fill in holes, and make it a more crisp sculpt, then recast it with plastic or resin.

Actually works pretty well.
>>
>>5968014
>Look man. It takes SEVERAL THOUSAND dollars to get a (even small) mold cast.
Not really. That only goes for steel mold, to press PVC kind of material.

You can get away with Smooth cast resin for much much less. Also use stock joints like Revoltech or Figma. The only thing you need is to sculpt it, or if you can't do so hire a professional sculptor. Then maybe professional painter too.

Pic related is 100% resin sculpt and doesn't contain any mold cast at all. But of course it was done by a professional sculpter (and painted later on by professional painter)
>>
File: DSCN6534_large.jpg (80KB, 640x461px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN6534_large.jpg
80KB, 640x461px
>>5968650
>>
>>5966551
don't even bother. >>5966312 is the same loser who has a complete emotional breakdown every time 3D printing is brought up and acts like it will never evolve beyond what it is today.
>>
>>5967995
You will need at least $2000 to get it started and that's not the final price . It's just to start the project to get your action figure in toy form. The cost for recasting and mold work for a pure figure is not included yet , if you need it painted then it cost extra.

It's also depends on how many joints your figure will have , how detail it is, how big it is , etc.
>>
What OP is going to run into is alot of people who even give a quote because they'd rather blame Obama or the economy for a lack of income.
>>
>>5969350
"Who won't even give a quote," I mean. It is fucking difficult to get basic information out of companies whose primary focus is sculpting and casting. They just don't want to be bothered.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.