[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone know how to fix joints that are so tight they make creaking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Anyone know how to fix joints that are so tight they make creaking sounds? I've seen someone suggest something called shock oil for loosening Figuarts hips with the same problem, but I've never done it myself, and these figures both squeak like crazy.
>>
>>5961564
This might sound weird but a dab of dish soap, then more as needed, and after working the joint it should stop. I've done this twice, once with d-arts megaman and some other figure, the squeaking went away and the joint remained tight.
>>
>>5961564
Yeah, I went with Shock Oil. Apparently it's a lubricant that won't damage the plastic. You can find it in stores that sell remote control stuff like RC Cars etc. I'm currently using something that has a viscosity of 300.

Also, you don't want to apply a lot of it. Its the opposite of tightening joints. You'll want to, for instance, dip a toothpick in, then wipe it off, and then apply the toothpick to the creaky joint.
>>
>>5961564
Hey Webs, yeh, either works, but the dish soap is far more accessible and there's more room for error.
>>
>>5961564
Had the exact same problem with my Legacy Green Ranger. Just dipped a toothpick in some dish soap and then stuck it in the joint. Now it's very very smooth and no creaking
>>
Thanks for the suggestions fellas

>>5961843
I've been found out, you punksraven?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.