[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any import sites you'd recommend NOT ordering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

File: 492590942.jpg (117KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
492590942.jpg
117KB, 640x360px
Are there any import sites you'd recommend NOT ordering from or steer clear of entirely? I've been sticking my nose into other places other than amiami and hobbylink, etc, and I always wonder if they're places to avoid or what.

So, just as I asked, are there places you know to avoid?
>>
BBTS
>>
>>5959211
CLICK THE LINK IN THE DESCRIPTION BELOOOOOOWWWWW
>>
>>5959211

Actually BBTS is a really good place to buy from. They've been very helpful whenever I'd had an issue.
>>
>>5959177
Nippon-Yasan lists used items as new and also sells bootlegs
>>
>>5959211
BBTS isn't that bad for non-scalped domestic stuff. Absolutely overpriced for 90% of imports, though.
>>
>>5959255
Prove it
>>
>>5959251
Maybe for domestic shit. Even then the prices are meh. Definitely not for import shit unless you like paying 90$ for a figma + slow shipping.

Last time I POd from them They got the item a month later than other domestic places and were 0 help through email.

I dont know why anyone ever reccomends BBTS. They are just glorified scalpers with a business licsense. That and the fact every shit toy reviewer shills for them. I usually look at BBTS amd they usually help me lose interest in whatever I was thinking about buying. Last resort.
>>
>>5959258
Exactly, he said import sites.
BBTS is terrible for Imports.
>>
>>5959261
Ah.
>>
>>5959211
>>5959251
>>5959258
>people say not to use BBTS for imports
>they use buy directly from Japan
>their import arrives with a problem
>they're shit out of luck
>use BBTS for it
>they accept returns for defects and because it's a US based place, it won't cost you a ton to get it reshipped and won't take forever to get it replaced

And thats why I'd rather pay the markup. If you're gonna buy shit you KNOW is notorious for QC problems (MoMo's, Daibadi stuff, SHF/Monster Arts, etc) it's worth it.
>>
>>5959267
It's not worth it when the markup comes close to $20 per figure. Unless it's a $200 figure, you're better off risking imports and reordering anything fucked up.
>>
>>5959267
Well youre just a faggot. Especially for buying MoMos and Daibadi. Faggot.
>>
>>5959267
Amiami and HLJ both offer returns/replacements if you send them a clear photo of the defect. Jokes on you for being fucking retarded.
>>
I don't order from jungle hobby shop after they sent me a figure that was rated as being in good shape but the accessories were broken.
>>
>>5959339

Enjoy your 5 month wait time to replace your figure and trying to communicate with moonspeakers.
>>
>>5959409
>never had a single communication issue with them
>replacement parts in 3-4 days
OK, I'll keep enjoying it.
>>
>>5959261
Unless they're bluefin, then you just pay msrp
>>
>>5959409
>all those blatant lies
Did you catch Amiami and HLJ gangbanging your mother or something?
>>
>>5959409
Boy you really have no idea what you're talking about do you?
>>
>>5959267
>>5959409
When talking shit it's generally best to understand what it is you're talking shit about first instead of making shit up on the fly
>>
>>5959409
>>5959267
I'm pretty sure you went to that one thread earlier this week and believed all those anons who said importing is bad now and that BBTS is the best store ever
>>5959353
I personally fucking hate jungle and their fees. I thought I was going to get a good deal on a figma but they slapped nearly $30 extra on to it. That was with SAL and before the shipping increase
>>
>>5959267

> I hinge my purchasing decisions on potential boogie men.
>>
>>5959255

Burden of proof?

> inb4 NY shill.
>>
>>5959211
There's an entire thread right now about how wrong you are.

Jumped prices + shitty USD:JPY conversion + higher shipping rates basically leveled the playing field between final costs. After calculating shipping a good deal of import products from HLJ match the prices at BBTS, and the others oscillate between who has the lowest price.
>>
>>5959471
>higher shipping rates
Then don't use EMS. SAL has barely went up.
>>
>>5959233
Big
BIG
BIIIIIIG
>>
>>5959471

The bbts shill thread without a single retort or actual factual examples?

Fuck off. Their markup is absurd even if they weren't a month late.
>>
>>5959475
And, like I said in another thread, SAL covers 6k yen in insurance. How does that even make sense with a large order, especially when every import item has gone up in price? You really want to chance a $300+ order? Or are you saying ship all of the items individually via 8 RSAL packages at once, for $80+ in shipping?

It just doesn't work as effectively anymore. Give me the cost saving shipping strategy from an import shop while including full insurance coverage and overall shipping costs with an order of 6 figures, we could use a laugh
>>
>>5959487
Sal for larger packages usually ends up more expensive than EMS.
>>
>>5959267
Well they certainly got the bad part of the name right fellas?

Haha fawkin homerun!

But seriously. BBTS is for those ACBA faggots that cant into ordering from Japan for their nippon Marvel and nostalgia anime figures.
>>
I wouldn't ever recommend N-Y unless you are desperate. They really fuck you with shipping and they have no customer service.

They also try to charge you more on top of what you already paid and say their shipping calculator is wrong, but if you compare the shipping prices with other sites the first quote should have been fine.
>>
>>5959785

Really? That's interesting...
>>
>>5959458
The pricing jungle had for the stuff I ordered was excellent at the time.

Obviously too good to be true since they sold me a figure with obious broken crap.

I visited them in osaka. Didn't rejuvinate my confidence in them any...
>>
>>5959785

N-Y is alright for preordering webex stuff but I'd avoid them for anything else.
>>
>>5959409
5 month wait, bitch I complained because I THOUGHT I was jipped when I was buying gunpla for their gunpla parts campaign and after 2 days the most polite customer service rep (with a japanese name) sent me the entire set of replacement parts with free shipping JUST because I exploited the fact that one kit I bought came with armor parts which wasn't part of the promo but without it did.

All this took less than a week, hlj has done better customer service than people I fucking spoke to in person, then again I deal with shit head bogans who don't even know how to speak the same fucking language in the same country
>>
>>5959833
Anime-Export and Mykombini are better than NY for exclusives in every way. NY should only be used as a last resort.
>>
>>5959487
>And, like I said in another thread, SAL covers 6k yen in insurance
And, now you're wrong in two threads. SAL has NO coverage for lost or damaged items.
Registered SAL does. Dumbass.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.