[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I one of the few who actually plays with toys? I was genuinely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 12

File: tumblr_o3zyg2WDJk1uc8wt8o1_1280.png (537KB, 1280x1466px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o3zyg2WDJk1uc8wt8o1_1280.png
537KB, 1280x1466px
Am I one of the few who actually plays with toys? I was genuinely shocked when I first got online and found people bought "Figures", and some that are just statues, JUST so they can display them. I realized that I was the odd one out, the majority of people buy figures just to pose them and never touch them again... I am an adult but I like making imagination fights and adventures and stories with toys just as much as I did as a kid
>>
>>5957952
I used to play with toys like that until I was a late teen, but I haven't for a while now. I guess I got busy.

I do like to take pictures of my toys though, and sometimes I try to express a narrative through those. I don't see a lot of point in buying toys just to display, it's why I don't do statueshit. In fact most of my toys are just scattered around until I wanna do something with them.
>>
I just like to transform/pose my figures. no overarching story or theme.

some people don't even pull the toy out of the box anon, you should see the display thread
>>
Do you have Autism?

Serious question.
>>
If I have a figure with a minigun, as I'm posing it I can't help but do a little "BRRRRRRRRRRT" but then again I'm /k/. Not thinking about BRRRRRRRRRRRT at first sight of a minigun is like expecting somebody not to touch wet paint to test it.
>>
Thanks for the replies

>>5958012
yes
>>
>>5957952
I'd probably do the same if I had more figures and environments to put them in, but I do at the very least pose and photograph them every now and then.
>>
>>5957952
Op I am the same way. Im glad to find someone in the same boat as me. Most people say they just pose dynamically and thats about it. Which is fine, to each their own. But I still play with my toys like that

>>5958012
I cant speak for op but I am seriously pretty normal otherwise. My friends know I collect but that's it. I have a girlfriend who's cool with it, even plays with me sometimes but shes not into it as much as me. Plus we both prefer to do it alone.

So anyway you can play with toys and not be a total social autist
>>
File: 1475624139812.jpg (319KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1475624139812.jpg
319KB, 1600x1200px
>>5957952
i'm a grown ass man but the first thing i do when i get and spaceship-esque toy is swoosh it around making engine noises
>>
File: 20161009_032441.jpg (443KB, 1484x840px) Image search: [Google]
20161009_032441.jpg
443KB, 1484x840px
>>5957952
Just starting a new arc. while The main heroes try to rebuild the rest of the world from the last battle, a new villainous team confronts another hero faction, Kids Next Door HQ, for their own reasons. Theyre either looking for something or starting shit, still trying to set that part up.
>>
File: 20161009_032532.jpg (549KB, 1439x847px) Image search: [Google]
20161009_032532.jpg
549KB, 1439x847px
>>5957952
While i still try to think of a reason for the attack, I'll let you guys choose 5 guys from this team to battle the new bad guys. then the arc starts from here
>>
>>5957952
I play with my toys like a 5 year old. Yes, I'm diagnosed with Aspergers.
>>
>>5957952
Hmm not quite. I do pose them for certain scenes and take pictures, but that's about all.
>>
>>5957952

... What the hell is that picture you posted with?
>>
>>5959262
Its a sexy sloth anon-kun cuddle with her. Relax and be torpid together. Watch those claws though thats why she got gloves on.
>>
File: 1402338718284_zps27cee18e.jpg (44KB, 423x371px) Image search: [Google]
1402338718284_zps27cee18e.jpg
44KB, 423x371px
>>5959302

Looked like an owl to me. Regardless, it's significantly more disturbing than the usual furfaggotry somehow.
>>
>>5959302
>she has gloves on
Thats what those are supposed to be?

And that picture is very disturbing.
>>
File: image.jpg (70KB, 562x566px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 562x566px
>>5959401
>>5959410
I guess it could be an owl no beak. It doesnt really look like anything which is why it looks disturbing. Yeah they look like boxing gloves. Im assuming to protect you from the claws.

You know she got dat ass doe
>>
>>5957952
In my mid 20s here. Action figures, gundam models and larger figures in general I just tend to pose, display and once every week I'll take some down and reposition them.
But for smaller toys such as Lego, Mega Bloks and Glyos I'll actually make em duke it out a bit, sometimes(especially with Lego or MB) I'll actually set up full scale wars and start making heads and limbs fly off. Typically it's no linear storytelling(although I do have a loose superhero story I fidget with for Legos), just quick bullshit skirmishes over nothing. My imagination can run incredibly rampant though. So you're not alone OP.

Never been diagnosed but I think I might be on the spectrum. I live a pretty normal life, have a place with the gf, hang out with the boys once every week or so to drink or smoke, and no real social anxiety issues. I'm just very passionate about toys in the way some people are about music or movies.
>>
OP is 15
>>
>>5958812
Raphael, drillhands guy, Hibiki, Pikachu, and that badass Pokemon to the left of Ash.

>>5957952
I'm trying to relearn how to do it myself. As time has gone by, I've lost imagination, and I want to recapture that skill of thinking up stories and fight moves off the top of my head and having it all flow naturally. From time to time, I'll come up with different "spots" to hit in the story, but with no idea what to bridge the stuff between them and it's all just been played out in my head, never actually physically since I was a kid. I want it to unfold organically instead.
>>
I try and come up with a story and pose my toys accordingly. I consider that play.
>>
File: cureup rapapa.png (714KB, 1000x795px) Image search: [Google]
cureup rapapa.png
714KB, 1000x795px
>>5957952
The only toys I play with are dx rider gear. If you count doing cheesy poses in front of the mirror as playing. Everything else I own is either too fragile or too expensive to fuck around with. Or Non posable/not intended for playing.
>>
>>5957952

I wanna bang that owl. She's 2qt.
>>
>>5966004
>Shabadoobie intensifies

Pretty much this. Finally lost enough weight to actually wear the belts, feels really good.
>>
File: 1448042995755.jpg (12KB, 300x396px) Image search: [Google]
1448042995755.jpg
12KB, 300x396px
>>5959459
Pretty sure it's an owl though. There's not a hint of a nose or a mouth anywhere on that picture.

Plus, that "fur" looks a lot like feathers.

Still not sure about those boxing gloves. It's just a retarded picture altogether. Especially since there aren't any visible tits or ass.
>>
>>5966147
It is an owl. There are clearly tits, and an ass, because it's a sexualized, anthropomorphic owl. It has a beak, if you look closely. Why in the fuck OP chose it for his image either speaks to his autism or that this is a troll thread.
>>
>>5966035
>>5966147
>>5966679
Its a sloth you fucks
>>
>>5959459
>>5966740
It is an owl.
http://ironnatalia.tumblr.com/post/140991481008/i-want-this-character-to-come-and-beat-me-upshes
>>
File: 1444196191060.gif (466KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1444196191060.gif
466KB, 480x270px
I liek to give characters new roles/abilities when i play with them to enhance the play experience to fit my needs

Saber Zero is a businesswoman. she's a director on the heroes side who handles stuff behind the scenes and only fights when she has to because she's overpowered

Wreck-it Ralph is part of the Smash Bros. villain team. sort of a midboss character, he leads an army of koopa troopas, goombas, metools, etc. He prefers doing all the smashing though, he can throw magic pixel bombs and can control the direction of fissures he makes every time he smashes the ground

Cardcaptor Sakura is a seasoned adventurer. One day she found and opened cursed binder of TCG cards somewhere and unleashed all these interdimensional monsters into the world. This ordeal has lead her across the earth, the universe and the monster world itself to re-seal all the escaped monsters and gain new weapons. Along the way she makes contracts with said monsters along with some new ones to summon in battle whenever she needs them.

Satsuki Kiryuin is a crime lord in some far off land. She's content with ruling her own country, but still finds opportunity to rule the world when she or her underlings find it. She also leads a team of 4 elite individuals, when her own hired assassins can't handle their own assignments.
>>
File: pantythief.jpg (657KB, 1634x1376px) Image search: [Google]
pantythief.jpg
657KB, 1634x1376px
>>
I just pose and re-pose them every once in a while, or when I get bored

Used to do it quite often, now not so much. I think I'm slowly turning towards scales at this point, since I no longer care about swapping parts and posing as I used to.
>>
Yes, but not like full on running around pretending they're flying.

Like I sit down, fiddle around and pose them, or do a little act in my head while messing with the joints.
>>
>>5970473
>I think I'm slowly turning towards scales at this point
what did he mean by this
>>
>>5970798
Statueshit, son. Statueshit.
>>
>>5957952
I never really acted out scenarios with my toys unless I was with friends, I just liked to hold/touch/play with the joints on stuff. Which I guess I still do now.
>>
>>5957952
I rarely ever go through with battles but I like creating alliances and settings for my figures. Just sitting here waiting to have someone to play with. RIP
>>
I play with mine, though not often, beyond messing around with one or two while I'm online or watching TV.
>>
File: s-l1600 (18).jpg (154KB, 1000x1600px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600 (18).jpg
154KB, 1000x1600px
>>5957952
I do play with toys.
I usually make big monster with teeth "eat" little rubber figures or some shit like that
i do that while watching cartoons/movies
>>
File: 31WQcqeCsmL.jpg (16KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
31WQcqeCsmL.jpg
16KB, 220x220px
>>5980130
My Man!
I suggest the Chap Mei/Animal Planet Angler Fish.
I got one a few weeks ago and what you described is pretty much what I've been doing with it.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.