[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I bought this knock off honest gundam model as a kid. He's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
I bought this knock off honest gundam model as a kid. He's honestly kinda cool, but I need replacement arms. Does anyone know what he is?
>>
>>5946206
looks like MSIA RX-79 gundam
>>
a gundam
>>
Thats a MSIA Rx-79g
Its not a model kit, its an action figure
>>
>>5946208
Thank you so much. I found a toy with the replacement parts.
>>
it's a shame that MSIA and Gundam in general died off in the US, as it's possibly one of the absolute action figure lines to have ever been made, as they struck a near perfect balance between durability, articulation, aesthetics, and gimmicks, as well as figure variety
>>
>>5946311
Considering the ham-handed way US-bandai handled the ip,I think it did pretty well for what it was. The MSIA line itself did release the entirety of its roster. Hell they even released those "battle damaged" versions and the silly suits from G-gundam line.
>>
>>5946311
I still have my battle damaged wing 0 custom, er endless waltz or whatever. Such an awesome line.
>>
I have a couple of MSIA I need to get rid of and sell how much do the go for?
>>
>>5946361
Owned all of them.

Last I heard my step dad sold all of them along with my 3000 books I had the day I left home. Didn't even give me the chance to get them, its not like I didn't have a place to go with them, came back a few days later to get the rest of my stuff and he told me to fuck off.
>>
>>5953631
Did you do anything about that? He sounds like a pretty shitty person.
>>
>>5953691
Cashed out his savings account for the sum of 17 grand since my mother had recently died and she controlled all the assets, I took over all of her holding since she never married him and legally I could.

The books them selves were worth close to 75 grand and I have yet to find close to a third of what I lost. I had original copies of all the original James bond books, first editions of The Hobbit that had the original riddles in the dark instead of the reprints, almost every Stephen King book at the time and most of them where signed and so much more. Got most of them from an ex who loved to keep me reading, she thought I would never cheat on her if I was too busy reading or going our with her. She is wealthy and could probably buy every book back with out hurting her bank.

He was screaming at me a month later when his money was gone. He was threatening to come back with a shot gun but all my family didn't like they guy so they all showed up at his place armed to scare the shit out of him. Never threaten a Kentucky boy when his family rolls hard.

Miss the hell out of both collections. Never tried to recollect the Gundams, just lurk now.
>>
>>5953717
I'm more of a book person than a toy person so hearing you lose all of that especially under those circumstances saddens me.
>>
>>5953808
Broke my heart. Some stuff im never going to find.
>>
>>5946361
the silly suits are what killed it. They pegwarmed forever in stores everywhere. The reboot line couldn't recover.
>>
>>5953717
Kinda wish you'd killed the guy, I think I would've done that to anybody who fucked my personal belongings up like that.

That being said, good news! Even though getting those boooks back is kinda impossible unless you got back with your ex , unless you left each other for good reason. Robot damashii is essentially a reboot to the gundam figure lines.

Some of them aren't a druable, but they're nice suits. Take a look at some of what they have to offer, might be nice to look at em.
>>
>>5954184
>impossible unless you got back with your ex

We are both in our early 30s, we ended it on a good note (I was dealing with my mothers death and I was stupid and 20), we are both single at the moment. I bet I could but not for the collection she was a good woman and still is. Id probably be a house husband by now if id just let her take care of me like she wanted. Once I grew up I figured my mistake.

Enough of the sad shit, I wish I could get back into Gundam, huge fan ever since I saw Gundam Wing, it was the moment I started to love mech. I bought every dvd of the og series and wing after that along with every figure.

My favorite was the gold version of the main gundam from G. G Gundam was godawful but I loved most the gundams, including the giant fucker. I'm bad with names since its been ten years since I've even thought of the stuff, Wing is the only series I know by heart. Heavy Arms from the movie was a close second.

On second though Heavy arms is my favorite look at that glorious bastard. Ready for one last stand.
>>
>>5953568
Depends what you have and condition and if they're complete.
I know there's two in the BST looking for one with some guy who's posted it in the past like 3 BST Threads.
>>
>>5946206
>Does anyone know what he is?
Well it's not a knock off.

Like the previous anons stated it's an MSIA figure (Mobile Suit in Action). Specifically it is the US release of the RX 79 Ground Type which was release just as "Gundam" rather than MSIA.

>>5953568
>I have a couple of MSIA I need to get rid of and sell how much do the go for?

What are they?
>>
File: IMG_0179[1].jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0179[1].jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>5954291
These are the ones I have.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.