[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What can fill this void in my heart, /toy/? Does anything (good)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 10

File: Stikfas Logo.jpg (51KB, 1144x257px) Image search: [Google]
Stikfas Logo.jpg
51KB, 1144x257px
What can fill this void in my heart, /toy/?

Does anything (good) even remotely close to Stikfas exist anymore?
>>
>>5944590
Xevoz, Bionicle, Hero Factory...uh...Hero Mashers?
>>
>>5944593
Xevoz is close but the line's long dead. The others aren't exactly close. More looking for the open-ended nature of the figures rather than the mix and match parts.
>>
>>5944590
Look up Modi-Bot on Shapeways. I even think it's by the same designers.
>>
>>5944663
I guess if you're looking for minimalistic stuff, these hipster Stikbot figures will fit. They are jointed with elastic strings, somewhat BJD style. Saw them appearing on shelves a few months back.

OR you could just get old stikfas figures. I think their Singaporean distributor still have a handful of post-hasbro sets and blisters they have been trying to clear all these years.
>>
>>5950656
I thought those were really shitty and fell apart super fast?
>>
File: Mechana and Bear.jpg (30KB, 383x383px) Image search: [Google]
Mechana and Bear.jpg
30KB, 383x383px
>>5954868
The quality varied. I think some batches were made when they were partnered (or something) with Hasbro and then they were brittle after they split. The ones during their time with Hasbro and before were the best ones.

This thing was the best. I wish I could find one and I'd never ever do anything to alter its perfection. I still have a skeleton and a green cuboyd. Everything was customized and look like crap now.
>>
>>5955914
I was mainly referring to the post-hasbro Stikfas, I thought those were the ones that fell apart all the time.
>>
File: TacticalTraining-ALT[1].png (698KB, 800x391px) Image search: [Google]
TacticalTraining-ALT[1].png
698KB, 800x391px
>>5944590
Have you checked out glyos anon?

Buildable, lots of vague shapes and parts along with retro-y sci fi heads. Standard figures are not super articulated but extra parts make them all that and more.
>>
>>5960497
All sorts of different things possible
>>
File: rig crew guys.png (336KB, 600x394px) Image search: [Google]
rig crew guys.png
336KB, 600x394px
>>5960497
>>
File: IMG_0210 (1280x838).jpg (376KB, 1280x838px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0210 (1280x838).jpg
376KB, 1280x838px
>>5960497

even dinosaurs!
>>
File: IMG_1942 (1024x666).jpg (332KB, 1024x666px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1942 (1024x666).jpg
332KB, 1024x666px
>>5960497
..and bases...
>>
>>5944590
If you're into the poseable nature of Stikfas, Lego's Bionicle and Star Wars figure lines have a lot to offer. Their modular building system primarily uses ball joints, which does wonders for articulation.

The sets you see on the shelves have armor and weapons and stuff, but being Lego, it's easy to take the character flairs off and be left with a blank-slate poseable figure to do whatever you want with.
>>
File: axeguy.png (502KB, 600x489px) Image search: [Google]
axeguy.png
502KB, 600x489px
>>5960497
..to more out there, creative builds. As someone who loved stikfas, I love these even more. They certainly hold up a few years later a lot better as well.
>>
>>5960519
Oh, sorry for ccccombo-breaking, anon. That Glyos stuff looks really cool, but I hesitate to dive into it because I already have an existing collection of Lego sets.
>>
>>5960497
OP here. I have checked out Glyos! Found out about them a couple months ago. Loved them.

Then I moved out of the US and now they're basically impossible to get.
>>
>>5960690
Check for used lots, despite being a small toyline they aftermarket like shit, you can find larger collections with figures going for $2 a piece.
>>
>>5960522
And you should break down and try some, I love legos as well but glyos is a lot more playable and forgiving- the figures feel like figures and you're never going to have a ship break apart on you, connections are very, very tight. Which does make the building harder, but that's the trade off. Speaking of building, I find building with glyos a lot more forgiving- slapping together 40 pieces gives me something that looks awesome, while slapping together anything in lego without instructions makes me feel like an idiot who can only make boxes.
>>
>>5962601
Looking online, but I really can't find much. On eBay, one Crayboth is around £13. Cheapest thing I see is a callgrim warp pack.

Unless I just go for it and pay international shipping and import taxes.
>>
>>5955914
I have one of these NIB still.
And a dragon, female, male and another one I forget.
>>
>>5964082
If you have a genuine interest I'd suggest looking once every 5 days or so on ebay as well as the official BST forums.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Huge-Glyos-Onell-Lot-Banimon-Weaponerrs-Callgrim-46-Figures-No-Reserve-/172342420780?hash=item282068a52c%3Ag%3A9SYAAOSw4shX2cx4&nma=true&si=V0QSxWmRUV4g65YdIVJyJFYLG2k%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

This was a lot of almost 50 figures that sold last month for under $100. This kind of stuff pops up fairly often, ie usually at least once a month.
>>
>>5962601
Yeah, it's unfortunate they they don't aftermarket too well. Well, anymore at least, I remember it being better a few years ago. Right now I'm sitting on a MASSIVE Glyos collection (easily $1000+ worth at retail, including old stuff, resin/metal casts, and customs) that I'm not doing much with, but I feel troubled about selling because I probably wouldn't make even close to that. And yet...tuition payments loom on the horizon...
>>
>>5967025
Yeah, the market topped out around what, 2012? Too many sister lines, too many customs artists, and at the end of the day the entire fandom is under 500 people with really only probably 100 people buying consistently. Shame, because the toys themselves are top notch. Anyway, depending on your lot I might be willing to give you around $400 for it. Outside of splitting everything up and waiting years for half of it to not sell I doubt you'd do much better barring some game changer in the market.
>>
>>5962604
I'd love to, but I feel that shipping would be a pain in the ass as someone living in Southeast Asia.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.