[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay, how in the world do I clean older figures? They've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: tips_dishsoap_0315_01.jpg (59KB, 912x513px) Image search: [Google]
tips_dishsoap_0315_01.jpg
59KB, 912x513px
Okay, how in the world do I clean older figures? They've been in the closet for a couple years and I took them out to find they're all sticky. Tried hand soap, tried dish soap, it helps a tiny bit but not much. Anybody had success with anything?

Thanks!
>>
File: you_cant_do_that_slime.png (538KB, 1187x895px) Image search: [Google]
you_cant_do_that_slime.png
538KB, 1187x895px
Cover them in undiluted dish soap and let it sit for a few hours. Avoid getting it in joints that may have metal bits.
>>
That sticky residue is actually the plastic of the figures degrading. You can clean it off, but it will continue to form as the plasticisers extrude toward the outer surfaces.
>>
Hey OP

What toys have the stickiness and do you live in a really hot area?
>>
>>5937315
Soak in beach mixed with ammonia, then rinse under hot water.
>>
>>5937360
I really love my toys.
>>
>>5937362
This worked a treat for me. Give it a go OP
>>
>>5937315
I've had this problem on some gold toys. I cleaned them off and even gave them an acrylic topcoat with my airbrush to seal them. Nope, didn't work, within a week they were sticky again. I have a lot of toys that are decades old, but gold plastic never lasts.
>>
>>5937315

You're not storing them properly. Hot temperatures make the plasticizers leak out of the figure over time, and once begun this process can't be stopped or fixed. That is the stickiness you feel.

You can clean them with warm wet soapy washcloth but it's a temporary fix at best. Just start keeping your unused figures in the darkest, coolest part of your house from now on.
>>
>>5937329
Thanks, will try that. I don't think they have metal in the joints.

>>5937337
I'd settle for cleaning it off from time to time but soap hasn't been doing the trick.

>>5937360
In this case it's Toy Biz Resident Evil figures. And yeah, southern CA, plenty hot.

>>5937362
>>5937385
Sorry, I'm over 10 years old, but nice try.
>>
>>5937423
They were in the darkest, coolest part of my house. It's hot here.
>>
>>5937362
>>5937385
Literal attempted murder!
>>
>>5937538
Manslaughter tops.
>>
File: dawn dis.jpg (16KB, 236x420px) Image search: [Google]
dawn dis.jpg
16KB, 236x420px
>>5937451
>I'd settle for cleaning it off from time to time but soap hasn't been doing the trick.
Using anything harsher than dish soap can affect the paint job and make the leaking worse.

You'll have to find an old toothbrush or something with softish bristles to take off any of the residue while washing them. A rag works well too, but it won't get into every little crevice like a brush will.
>>
>>5937362
So go to the beach and pour ammonia on the sand?
>>
>>5937907
This, you definitely need some mechanical action for effective cleaning. Toothbrushes helps get into tighter corners. Alternatively you can also dunk it into an ultrasonic cleaner if you have one.
>>
throw them in the trash dude
>>
>>5937315
i thought it was a menstrual pad
>>
File: 1359905573110.jpg (100KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
1359905573110.jpg
100KB, 375x500px
>>5943153
Wow. Seriously?
>>
>>5943153
>I have never lived with any females whatsoever
>>
>>5947760
I mean, even a basic understanding of volume and space occupancy would tell you otherwise
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.