[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>preorder this beauty thinking itll be worth it >payment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3

File: hebikera.jpg (109KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
hebikera.jpg
109KB, 600x580px
>preorder this beauty thinking itll be worth it
>payment request comes through
>shipping is astronomical and bumps it up for a $250+ figure after its all converted

No fucking way, not happening. Amiami can ban me, I'll go to hlj.
>>
must have a shitty box, like the revoltech zoids, but proportional to the figure.
>>
>>5928787
They must've packed it in a straight line. The bug is like 40cm long.

I had similar surprise with CC Sakura stick I ordered, went to high tier EMS cost right away. Must be pretty long.

Packed other items together with very little change to shipping cost though, so not too bad.
>>
>>5928787
Something's up with Amiami lately. They're really jacking up the price of shipping, even factoring in the EMS price hike.
>>
>>5929011
Bullshit. They charge the same rates as everybody else, according to size/rate and destination. They aren't tacking on an extra charge just to get money out of you.
I guarantee if you check it out you'll see that the postage is exactly what it should be according to Japan Post's pricing.
>>
>>5929144
amiami's shipping is usually a tad higher than others due to their packing methods, hlj just stuffs in a few literal air packs and off she goes, amiami stuffs in a small tree's worth of paper.

Frankly amiami's is good for small fragile stuff but hlj is tops when its a bulk order
>>
>>5929144
Nippon Yasan isn't let me tell ya.

Never gets charged for customs even if my box has like 500 dollar value so in the grand scheme of things maybe it's okay.
>>
>>5929249
Where are you from? I order a lot from them and most of the stuff get past customs without getting charged but the biggest orders like SOC or such almost systematically get caught.
>>
>>5928787
Uh...is it even out yet?
>>
>>5928787
>>shipping is astronomical and bumps it up for a $250+ figure after its all converted
I call bullshit. The shipping is not 13,550 yen. There is just no fucking way even in a worst case scenario.

>>5929011
Nope. The prices went up everywhere due the recent EMS postal hike. All the lower cost options were phased out and now start at 2000 yen. All the options that were above 2000 yen are now 500 yen more expensive.

>>5929169
>amiami's shipping is usually a tad higher than others due to their packing methods, hlj just stuffs in a few literal air packs and off she goes, amiami stuffs in a small tree's worth of paper.
This.

>Frankly amiami's is good for small fragile stuff but hlj is tops when its a bulk order
Don't agree here though. Bigger orders get abused more and yes you will save on some shipping with HLJ but i've had lots of stuff damaged by their sub-par packing.

>>5929249
>Nippon Yasan isn't let me tell ya.
Definitely, N-Y tacks extra charges/profit on top of the shipping. You can see it right on the postage form that they charged you more than it cost to ship. Shit is ridiculous.
>>
>>5929424
Yes

>>5929435
Look at mister fuckwit who thinks we're all paying with the same dollar.
>>
>>5929445
>Look at mister fuckwit who thinks we're all paying with the same dollar.
Why the fuck would you convert it to dollars in the OP post if you weren't paying in dollars? Just say it added 'x' yen to the cost you fucking retard.
>>
>>5929144
One 6" ultraman vinyl toy and a revoltech is 3700 for EMS?
>>
>>5929435
>even factoring in the EMS price hike.

Wow you sure know how to read
>>
>>5929596
Sounds about right. HLJ is cheaper because they have a discount on EMS (always have) and they don't charge you actual postage. They make up for this by basically giving toys zero protection. Flimsy boxes, minimal padding inside, etc.
>>
does this release mean that they might do a giant warrior?
>>
>>5929618
Probably not. It will turn out to be very similar to the figma so Kaiyodo will not bother doing a "copy" of others. More likely to do another bug like Ohmu if they even make another one at all.

The figure was tied to an exhibition so might be an one time deal thing and we only get alt color.
>>
>>5929450
Jesus christ you do realise other countries pay with dollars, right?
>>
>>5930391
Which makes it even more retarded not to mention the yen directly.
>>
File: screenshot_223.jpg (362KB, 944x543px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot_223.jpg
362KB, 944x543px
>>5928787
These a re HLJ's shipping prices for this item. Requesting screencap of Amiami's shipping quotes on this thing.
>>
>>5928787
Why is Amiami so terrible with their bannings? I've heard things about them, but it seems really shitty for a site to ban you for canceling a pre-order.
>>
>>5930859
Asian companies have shitty customer service + asshole nerd customer base that likes to rip off companies = indiscriminate banning
>>
>>5929011
My last order with them was a VAH Zoro and a mafex batman and my shipping was $35

Way higher than it typically is for an order of that size.

I'm really scared about my next couple months of orders now.
>>
I just looked at my amiami ems shipping costs for the year so far.

Early on I bought two SHF figures, ems was $15

A nendroid, shf ashuraman, and a statue were $35

The episode iv luke, shipped alone later this year was $20 by himself.

Then recently 2 SHF figures for $30
>>
>>5930872
I ship by SAL between Feb-Sept. Saves tons of money and never once had a problem.
>>
>>5930864
For Japan, they have to deal with other neighboring countrymen who does nothing but try to scam people, so there is also that problem.
>>
>>5930830
Because the yen value has no bearing on my complaint, its my own dollars.
>>
File: shipping.png (11KB, 755x216px) Image search: [Google]
shipping.png
11KB, 755x216px
>>5930856
Im closer than america

I checked HLJ and they offer same pricing as your pic, aka I'd be saving money by going through hlj.
>>
>>5930917
Yeah looks like a price gouge/bad packaging job to me. I'd include a snapshot of the HLJ shipping prices when I cancelled.
>>
>>5931569
I always use Air Small Packet, but I don't really see anyone else using it. Is it redundant or something?
>>
>>5931574
Sorry, wanted to make my post smaller. Air Small Packet was sort of pointless (and has less insurance coverage) for a while but now that EMS has gone up it's definitely more useful for certain orders.

(post below is edited version of what they were replying to)

>>5929011
>>5930865
>>5930872
What's important to note is the increases for smaller weights.
.3kg = 1200 yen (old) 2000 yen (now)
.4kg = 1350 yen (old) 2000 yen (now)
.5kg = 1500 yen (old) 2000 yen (now)
.6kg = 1680 yen (old) 2180 yen (now)
.7kg = 1860 yen (old) 2360 yen (now)

This isn't AmiAmi charging more to be douches though, it's reflecting postage increases which hurt smaller orders much more than larger ones. If you're looking to keep your EMS cost below $10 per figure you're going to need to buy a minimum of 3 and even then it might be tough. Anything below that will kill you via EMS, try RSAL or Air Small Packet instead.
>>
>>5930859
>it seems really shitty for a site to ban you for canceling a pre-order.

Why?

When you pre-order something from them they order this product for you from the company who offers them.
Now you cancel, and they still have that additional order they already paid for at the company.

You cost them money, without a guarantee they actually get to sell the stock you made them order.
Keep in mind the amount of pre-orders they do for a single product, then add how many products they have on their website.
Guess how many people would easily cancel if there was no risk to be banned and how much stuff they would end up with from cancelled orders.
They don't even force you to pay right away.
Just order stuff you really want and put aside money for it, it's not that hard.
Stop buying stuff you don't want or can't afford.
>>
>>5931592
The EMS price increases don't quite match up with my order history.

2 SHF figures in february for $15 vs 2 in July for $30?
>>
>>5931603
>Guess how many people would easily cancel if there was no risk to be banned and how much stuff they would end up with from cancelled orders.
Surprisingly, HLJ has zero issue with this and you can cancel orders for rather long periods after placing them.

Cancelling an order after they get it in stock is one thing, but it's not really a problem for a business before that.
>>
>>5931639
HLJ is also run by an American. Japanese and frankly Asian business owners in general are dicks and don't care about customers.
>>
>>5931657
No shit sherlock. Scott beig American is common knowledge. How does that refute the argument?
>>
>>5931665
What argument? He wasn't arguing with the post he replied to in any way.

chill out.
>>
>>5931665
It's not meant to refute the argument?
>>
>>5931639
Like their warehouse feature and superior customer service, those are their services that make people want to use them over other competitors

You're too much of a dumbass to decide whether or not you want to keep something you preordered? Then just use HLJ, not sites like Amiami.

That's all there is to it. I don't know why some idiots can't understand this, but when you use a website's service, you abide to their own rules and guidances. You don't expect them to be like another website, even though you could have just used said website instead
>>
>>5931683
Relax, you are taking this seemingly too personally.

All I'm pointing out is that the company isn't actually inconvenienced in the way you describe for quite a long time after the order is placed.
>>
>>5931687
But how do you know that, exactly? Maybe it's HLJ that's going through the inconvenience for the sake of securing future customers, as other sites won't deal with finicky customers.

I don't know how you thought I was talking it "personally", but I believe this kind of discussion shouldn't even been argued about to begin with. Just dont use services like Amiami if you aren't confident that you'll be buying it in the end. That's it.
>>
>>5931701
Because almost every other site does it and I've had to personally handle preorders before for a business.

They have a HUGE window in which to deal with their ordering here, and in a rather large majority of these cases they already have systems in place to just reopen orders for products and they know they'll likely sell out allotment for a lot of product.

You seem to be taking it personally, or at least way too seriously, because you literally seem upset over people questioning this.
>>
>>5931723
Not "upset", just utterly perplexed as to why people are so entitled to think this way.

Just use a different site, nigga.
>>
>>5929144
They don't artificially jack their shipping prices up, but Amiami has a long history of being a bit more expensive due to their packing methods (i.e. a metric fuckton of paper). Combine this with Japan Post's recent price hikes that have affected all retailers, and Amiami customers are definitely feeling it more strongly than those of other stores.
>>
>>5931731
See, if you feel that strongly that you need to rush and insult anyone who doesn't have the same opinion as you on something as frivilous as a store's preorder policy, that's an inappropriate level of personal involvment.
>>
>>5931592
Here's something people don't understand

My box of one ultraman vinyl and revoltech came in. Total weight of the box; 1.45 KG

Weight of the figures; .6 kg

Do you see now how they're charging too much? They're over stuffing the boxes.
>>
>>5931756
My shf episode iv Luke came in a box large enough to hold probably 8 of them. I wouldn't be surprised if the box and packing material ways more than the figure.
>>
>>5931759
Weighs*

Fucking Samsung autocorrects weighs to ways?
>>
>>5931756
I'm not saying you're wrong but:
>ultraman vinyl and revoltech
Why would you order those from Amiami?

Am I the only one who orders from both HLJ and Amiami?

Anything I am not 100% on and/or will be easy to order I get from HLJ. Things like Figma, Revoltech, etc.

Anything that will sell out almost instantly (SHF) I get from Amiami because they put the product up at a consistent time so it's easier to order.

I'd prefer to order from HLJ but they put SHF on their site anywhere from half an hour to hours and hours after Amiami and it's basically random.
>>
I've seen it in the shops, and yes, the box is retardedly big. It's light, but it's big.
>>
>>5931762
You can't say I'm wrong.

>Why would you order those from Amiami?

Because the Revoltech was dirt cheap used (2k) and the vinyl was coming out this month. The Revo turned out to be MISB with box damage (one dent whoopdeefuckingdoo), and the vinyl was ~1800. Don't get me wrong, those are *average* prices, when factoring in shipping that's about $40 a piece, but wtf? Couldn't even go RSAL.
>>
>>5932592
>You can't say I'm wrong.
Look at the edge on this one.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.