[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think of ReAction figures? I think they're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 16

File: image.jpg (441KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
441KB, 800x600px
What do you guys think of ReAction figures?

I think they're neat.
>>
>>5917392
I think they are shit.

Now we have all the possible bases covered OP.

Delete thread.
>>
>>5917392
Waste of good licenses
>>
File: playmates travis bickle.png (141KB, 746x729px) Image search: [Google]
playmates travis bickle.png
141KB, 746x729px
I wish they where based off of late 80's /early 90's toys instead.
>>
>>5917403
This. The articulation may still have been crap, but at least they were dynamic and had personality.
>>
>>5917431

Sorry but 80sfags control the toy industry.
>>
>>5917403
>>5917431
>>5917444
I wish they were based off of classic 3.75" gijoes
>>
>>5917403
I wonder if there's a company that can do that.
>>
>>5917403
They wouldn't be able to make them as cheaply.
>>
>>5917392
I think they're garbage and I don't really understand how it went from "let's tool those unproduced Kenner Alien figures from their prototypes" to "let's buy-up the license to any 70's and 80's movie we can think of and churn out a bunch of awful mushy figures inspired by early Star Wars figures".

Apart from the Star Wars franchise that entire style got dropped like a brick once G.I. Joe and He-Man become popular, the only way anyone born in the 80's or later will remember it is if they bought those awful 90's Robin Hood figures made with the recycled tooling, so who are they trying to make feel nostalgic? People in their 40's?

The vast number of licenses they've managed to acquire is probably the only appeal they have, and even then I can't help but wonder if they only managed to do that by assuring the licensors that the figures will look so shitty they'd be unrecognizable out of the package.

The most infuriating part about them is that I'd love to have figures of a lot of their licenses if they were semi-decent but it's as if they go out of their way to make them look even worse than Kenner's 70's figures.
>>
>>5917466

That would be awesome. Especially if they focused on the style of sculpts we got from '83 through '87 or so.
>>
Why do we have to have this thread twice a week? All that can be said has been said, repeatedly: the Alien ones were fine but they've gone too far.
>>
>>5917685
How have they "gone too far"?

It's not like they're replacing another toy line or anything, and people seemed to like them, how is them creating more based on different licences "going to far"?

I'd shell out €5 on a reaction travis Bickle but I'd never be interested enough to buy a €30 travis if Neca or someone similar made one. I find the packaging really cool, and the scale and simplicity of the figures really attractive. Also the uniformity of so many figures between so many licences makes them really cool to collect, as I've never liked funko pops or any other overly stylised cheap collectible figures.
>>
>>5917547
Those Robin Hood toys were fun, as was the movie.
>>
I would buy them for like 2 dollars.. I ain't spending 10 on that shit though
>>
>>5917392
I think they're shit. Absolutely no desire to own any figures from the ReAction line.
>>
It's genius. Make toys that look like shit, but it's okay because they're "supposed" to look like shit.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (7KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
7KB, 480x360px
>>5918308
>>
File: trash.jpg (130KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
trash.jpg
130KB, 800x800px
>>5917732

Just read >>5917547 . They started out with a reasonable idea, one to be applauded, even--finally releasing those cancelled Alien toys--and have since ran the idea into the ground, to the point where its just annoying. There has also been some truly despicable shit with these like pic related.

I have to think the owner of this company sold his soul to the devil for their garbage, both Pop and Reaction, to apparently sell and be in every toy store in America.
>>
>>5917392

It was amusing until big toy companies decided they could go back to this style too.
>>
File: image.png (335KB, 550x700px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
335KB, 550x700px
A-Are there any lewd ReAction figures? I'd like to know for reasons...
>>
>>5918368
>It was amusing until big toy companies decided they could go back to this style too.

All things considered, the major toy companies were gonna do that even if Funko never made Reaction figures.
>>
In my opinion they are good idea that has been beat to death. but it's not "Funko's" fault for the current state of 3/4 inch figures....that blame goes to Hasbro and Specifically Marvel

After gutting the Marvel Universe line and putting it's budget towards the "Legends"line and using the 3 inch line as the kids line that pracitice continued with Star wars and is spreading I'm sure after oil prices go up again we'll see another 4 inch Renaissance but for now it's 6 inches for decent figures
>>
I have two of the Reaction figures. Pinhead which I got as a gift, and The Gimp that I just bought at Hastings (ripip) for $3.

I remember being pretty amazed when I first got the Pinhead figure at how mushy and terrible the sculpt was. Especially since these were supposed to emulate the star wars kennner toys which are better detailed, and those first Alien figures looked good.

The Gimp I bought because I find it interesting they actually made a figure of him, and also because it was $3.

With the quality of the line $10 is far too much, $3 is about what they should actually sell for.

I will say though, about the quality, that the Dark Crystal reaction figures actually look decent. I wonder if they found a different sculptor for them or something.
>>
>>5917392
As neat as it would be to have a Flash Gordon and Jack Burton to hang around with my original Kenner Star Wars guys, I just can't be bothered wasting my money on them.
>>
>>5918385
>lewd ReAction figures
You fucking sicko.
>>
>>5917547
>The vast number of licenses they've managed to acquire is probably the only appeal they have, and even then I can't help but wonder if they only managed to do that by assuring the licensors that the figures will look so shitty they'd be unrecognizable out of the package.
They don't need to get likeness rights for the actors because of the low sculpt detail, so it's cheaper for them to get more movie licenses.
>>
>>5917392
>>5918838
This gets me thinking, how would you guys improve/make your own version of a toyline like this?

You get the rights to any movies you want, but you can't use any of the actors direct licenses, and you want to market it as a collectable/ simple gift/impulse purchase so it can't be too expensive either. What's the best kind of figure you could make in this kind of situation?
>>
>>5918385
>>5918687

Did someone mention ReAction lewd figs?
>>
how weird to have a toy that is designed to not be opened. I don't think I have ever seen a product that at less interesting, after you take it out of the package.

this is the essence of hipsterism
>>
>>5919405
Some fusion of >>5917403 and those Imperial Toys Universal Monsters.
>>
The 10 dollar price point is the thing that ruins even the base premise of the line. I've been finding Big Trouble in Little China ReActions at 3 bucks and I'm much less offended by their lack of quality given the much more accurate pricing.
>>
>>5917392
Theyre not worth $10, more like $2.35 like happy meal toys.
>>
>>5920357
the funny thing is, I've seen actual happy meal toys that look far better. The old Disney WITCH line, which are about the only decent toys the toon ever got, are actually better quality than reaction.
>>
>>5917392
>adult collectible - not a toy
>is clearly a fucking toy
>>
They're garbage. They're on the same level as Funko Pops - ugly shit you can't pose or play with, bought solely so the owner can show off his "geek" cred.
>>
File: IMG_1046__scaled_600.jpg (374KB, 600x870px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1046__scaled_600.jpg
374KB, 600x870px
MEANWHILE IN NEW YORK CITY:

...This is now a thing.
>>
Even at 5poa I'd have been all over many of these properties if the sculpts weren't complete garbage. Hasbro's 5poa stuff at least looks nice.
>>
>>5920694
As much as I like Golden Girls, I can't see much of a market for that toy wise. Same for Law & Order and In The Heat Of The Night
>>
I hate them, but I don't hate the concept, I just think the execution is botched.

I really like the Legends of Cthulhu figures which are conceptually pretty much the same style.

I think the difference is that whoever makes the Legends of Cthulhu figures probably did so because they think it's an actual cool idea, so they put some effort in, got some sculptors/designers who actually worked in the industry back in the day to work on them, etc.

Funko, on the other hand, is a big company with their figures in Walmart and everything, so the reason they embraced the style was because they were like "holy shit this is a way we can get away with making a billion different characters that costs nothing, just like POP, we can even sell everyone who buys POPs the same characters a second time." So what appealed to them about it was the fact that it's cheap and easy, and that's clearly what they've emphasized, so they put no effort into it.
>>
>>5920694
Wow these actually look pretty good. Why couldn't they all be like this?
>>
>>5920732
I think that's just the digital mockup, the actual production figures will be less crisp and covered in thick paint.
>>
>>5920694

Finally, decent fodder to kitbash a Kenner Holiday Special Bea Arthur.
>>
>no Columbo

let me guess, Falk's estate wants more than Funko's cheap ass will pay so we get weird licenses that cost nothing instead of something decent.
>>
>>5920759
>Mezco One:12 Columbo when?
>>
>>5920824
>Mezco One:12 Columbo
>>
File: 9fc885621f1f2fad7b27138ccb861c9a.jpg (113KB, 637x1024px) Image search: [Google]
9fc885621f1f2fad7b27138ccb861c9a.jpg
113KB, 637x1024px
I got this at Tuesday Morning for $3, just so i could have something for Nichelle Nichols to sign at New Orleans Comic Con. Otherwise, most of these are dumb.
>>
>>5920824
>>5920854

meh... still not worth it for a $15 Mego doll they charge $70 for.
>>
>>5920694
Well, I'll buy them, but I'll hate myself for doing so.
>>
>>5917444
That overly cartoony dynamic style was also popular with the 80sfags too
Late 70s/Early 80s Kenner style is just cheaper and lazier to produce, and more marketable
>>
>>5917403
Any more fanart similar to this?
>>
File: playmates cthulu .jpg (2MB, 2912x3295px) Image search: [Google]
playmates cthulu .jpg
2MB, 2912x3295px
>>5924183
I have a few. I got inspired to do them thanks to /toy/.
>>
>>5924195
I wonder what Golden Girls and Breaking Bad would look like in the Playmates style.
>>
>>5924202
Heisenberg, with clip-on Crystal Meth Mutatin' Armor
>>
>>5924195
>There'll never be a Street Sharks revival set in Innsmouth.
>>
>>5924195
>>5924422
I like these, what were the rest?
>>
>>5924422
lmao this is some toxic crusaders tier stuff
>>
File: playmates tng.jpg (232KB, 417x759px) Image search: [Google]
playmates tng.jpg
232KB, 417x759px
>>5917403
>>5924195
>>5924422
These are now making me wonder what would have happened if Playmates applied that same design aesthetic onto their Star Trek figures as well.
>>
>>5920694
so help me god if they make full house ones...
>>
>>5917392
i like them. they're fun looking retro figures of your favourite movies that are supposed to stay in their package and put on display.

/toy/ doesn't like them because they can't be posed with their favourite $80 weeb schoolgirl.
>>
>>5917533
They still charge ridiculous amounts for them.
>>
>>5925219
>This is what Funkofags believe
>>
This is the only figure I have purchased and possibly the best one which isn't saying much considering they skimped on the GID feature. I only even bought it because I was picking up the TMNT Squirrel Alien that same day and $20 covered both.
>>
File: download.jpg (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4KB, 225x225px
>>5925414
You don't like Member Berries?
>>
>>5920712
I would buy the shit out of law and order figures.

FigureArts Jack McCoy when?
>>
>>5920694
>>5925187
I'd love to have a Married With Children set.
>>
>>5924422
>>5924195
>>5917403

If you do a whole artbook of this I will buy it, I will make the sculpts, and we will split the goddamn mountain of profit.
>>
>>5929794
>>5924195
I think you two need to do the Cthulhu one first. Cthulhu is sort of public domain, right?
>>
File: 005-hill-street-blues-.jpg (86KB, 1024x771px) Image search: [Google]
005-hill-street-blues-.jpg
86KB, 1024x771px
>>5925690

Eh. I'd rather have Hill Street Blues.
>>
>>5917392
dolls, figures or blow up dolls, are for girls and poofs.
>>
>>5926653
I would kill for this.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.