[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going to be in the chicagoland area soon to visit some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: Chicago3.jpg (4MB, 7145x4755px) Image search: [Google]
Chicago3.jpg
4MB, 7145x4755px
I'm going to be in the chicagoland area soon to visit some family. Does anyone know of good toy or video game spots to check out while i'm there?

I'd like to really visit any anime shops especially.
>>
If this thread's still up I'll post some later, no time now but there's definitely good stuff.
>>
File: the transformers case.jpg (150KB, 972x729px) Image search: [Google]
the transformers case.jpg
150KB, 972x729px
Look up Quake Collectibles they have a few stores in the Chicago land area.

Ka-pow is another in Chicago

Mitsuwa In Arlington Heights seem to be a place to go if want some Japanese food and items(no toys though)

China Town has some Anime stuff but also bootleg stuff.

Video game For a fun evening check out Galloping Ghost in Brookfield nothing to buy per-say but a good place to play old Arcades for a fixed price.
>>
There's 4 lego stores in chicagoland
>>
Check out Nakama Toys, they're a tiny shop that sells almost exclusively import stuff. Decent prices too, surprisingly.

And People Play Games is great if you're looking for retro stuff. I've seen a ton of cool items in there.
>>
>>5915279
Damn.

>>5915434
Good to know thank you
>>
If you're into weebshit, don't bother unless you want to go to chinatown and laugh at the $300 PG Wing zero with the box so faded you can't read the text. Then go a few stores down and get some chinese meat buns for like a dollar each.
>>
>>5916240
Yeah that seems to be the case. I'm a little surprised most cities have some sort of core weeb store.
>>
>>5913310
brick brack is nice
theres a nice lego store downtown like an architecture lego store
water tower has an american girl store
china town is good for gudam and pokemon
in china town go to joyee and get a coconut smoothie with the bubbles they gooood
>>
>>5916240
the ham and cheese buns are the bomb
>>
>>5916240
>$300 PG Wing zero with the box so faded you can't read the text

Heh, I remember seeing that when I was in Chicago Chinatown back in 07. It's still there, isn't it?
>>
>>5913668
Quake is great! They have these bins with all kinds of action figure pieces and parts. I can spend hours there. Ka-Pow will rape you with his prices. Boystown Collectibles is gone cause the douchebag Manager took off with all the money and 80% of the merchandise. Nakama toys is a bunch of hipsters that sit around talking anime fan fiction. They must do good in internet sales cause none of their physical customers have any money. Chinatown is flooded with bootlegs. Some good, some laughable, all over-priced.
>>
>>5919060
Huh, I've seen that with Nakama, though maybe I just don't go there enough to encounter that kind of crowd. Either way their prices always surprise me with how reasonable they are.
>>
>>5919259
Er, I meant to say "I've never seen that"
>>
File: bros4life.gif (1MB, 281x151px) Image search: [Google]
bros4life.gif
1MB, 281x151px
>>5919060

I love Quake, I even traded some old toy there a few time.

If you go to Quake West, make sure to stop by Wax Pax . It about a mile away and owned by the same guy.
>>
File: puf17.jpg (119KB, 612x500px) Image search: [Google]
puf17.jpg
119KB, 612x500px
>>5919060
>>5919259
>Nakama toys

I never heard of that one,

>Look up address,

wow it is close to my doctor's office, I may have to stop by next doctor visit.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.