[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why has there been very few to no good wrestling figures? They

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

File: wwe.png (144KB, 490x490px) Image search: [Google]
wwe.png
144KB, 490x490px
Why has there been very few to no good wrestling figures? They usually fall into one of two categories:

>look decent but have limited articulation, making playing with and posing them not fun

or

>good amount of articulation but plagued with loose joints and lanky limbs, making them look goofy.
>>
The new Figuarts WWE figures should be pretty good
>>
>>5910330
They look decent, but look like they may just be floppy feeling.
>>
>>5910341
> looks floppy

This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen
>>
>>5910342
A million points of articulation are all well and good, but if the figure just ends up ragdolling, then it's all for naught.
>>
>>5910347
This isn't a $7 ToyBiz toy from a decade ago
>>
>>5910351
Some of the TNA ToyBiz figures are actually quite good. The Jay Lethal and Elix Skipper ones come to mind. Now if they had kept the rest of the figures in the same scale and design rather than making them into weirdly proportioned monstrosities, then we would have had dozens of awesome figures.
>>
File: image.png (435KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
435KB, 1000x600px
LOOK AT MY EAR
WHAT DO YOU SEE
MY ONLY FIGHT IN THE UFC
>>
>>5910421
That fight was a brutal asskicking, no surprises from when former "sports actors" actually step into a real fight. Same applies to Brock "can't take a punch" Lesnar.

I felt sorry for the guy though, and admire his resolve to keep going, aka being the UFC punchbag.
>>
>>5910433

>NCAA champion
>a guy with zero athletic background outside of pro wrestling

They're not comparable. And other pro wrestlers have fought MMA and done alright. This pretentious fuck just had no tools to begin with.

Also Brock just beat a former K-1 champion. So, y'know, stop talking out your ass.
>>
>>5910208
I don't see how the Mattel Elites fall into either category. They're well articulated and the joints are fine.
>>
>>5910455
Brock also failed an in-competition piss test.
>>
>>5910468

>roids make you able to take a punch

Ok dude. Bob Sapp must be undefeated then.
>>
>>5910433
>I felt sorry for the guy though
I don't. Fuck him.

He took in $500k just for losing. He was an untested sideshow exhibit and took in a losing purse that equals the winning purse of 15 or so good fighters. These people work their asses off to get where they are, kill themselves just to vie for a top 10 spot in the stable, and he waltzes into his first fight ever as a main card fighter and humiliates himself.
>>
>>5910493
That's no fault of his own.
If someone was going to line up the biggest chance you had to kick start your career, you would take it in a heart beat.

Don't hate the playa homie
>>
File: wcw ring.jpg (1MB, 3372x2580px) Image search: [Google]
wcw ring.jpg
1MB, 3372x2580px
I'm wondering whether I should shell out the money for this

I really like the Dusty and the belt but I have literally no practical space for a replica ring

wat do
>>
>>5910558

Not give Matty money for his bare minimum bullshit.
>>
>>5910558
ebay the ring
>>
>>5910421

I invested in CM Punk figures when he left. I'm pretty much fucked now, there's no way he could repair his image at this point.
>>
>>5912978
>I invested in toys
Wow, who would have thought that that wouldn't be a lucrative venture?
>>
>>5912978
CM Punk diehards still exist. You could probably make your money back as long as you didn't buy his 2013-14 look. The MITB 2011 and Nexus Punk still have a lot of value to them.
>>
>>5910558
is this ring to scale with the figs? I know they've sold one in the past. I say if it's not to scale then don't even bother. And if you don't have room anyway do what this guy suggest >>5910583 and sell the ring.
>>
>>5913375
It's not. Basic rings are 12x12. "Authentic" scale rings are 22x22. Actual WWE rings are 20x20. There are no accurately scaled rings.
>>
>>5910208
Weren't the Deluxe figurines they did sort of decent? They were double the price of the normal ones, not the best of toys but for what they were they were alright.

I used to have a shit ton of wrestling figures, sets and accessories, all ended up in charity without me even knowing. Hurts me since funnily enough I got back into wrestling and I sort of hold sentimental value to things in general
>>
>>5913622
I used to have the Jacks Raw is War titantron/ramp, that thing was great. The one that would play a superstar's entrance when you placed their feet on the metal sensor.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
26KB, 480x360px
>>5913950
This one? I had this one, really liked it but only had the Vince McMahon figure to go with it. It was pretty cool how their feet worked for the theme though.
There were only a few songs that played on mine though, so I used to spill a bit of Coke over it and for some reason that made it play lengthier versions and more songs.
Sounds retarded but I was a kid and it worked. We all did stupid shit. Of course, this also had the side effect of it randomly playing songs every now and again whilst no one was even there, but I could live with that.

Had some good battles on there, climbing the titantron, dives, using the little lights that came with it as weapons or even the banners. Me Mum made me a ramp and announce tables out of cardboard and grey tape so it all flowed together and looked legit. Even that's probably in charity too.

Had a Steel Cage, Elimination Chamber, Hell in a Cell. The Hell in a Cell playset was actually really good too. Relatively cheap, but now I think about it, it was quite good for what it was. Had little spots on the set too for figures to do shit
>>
>>5914142
That's the one!
>>
>>5910208
The classic Hasbro figures were cool.
>>
Figuarts John Cena when?
>>
>>5910347
have you maybe never had a figuarts before?
>>
>>5918378
Hopefully asap. Cena and Taker are absolute musts
>>
File: sdcc2016_mattel_panel_001.jpg (219KB, 348x700px) Image search: [Google]
sdcc2016_mattel_panel_001.jpg
219KB, 348x700px
hyped for this one
>>
>>5922362
Oh boy, I can't wait to pay Elite prices for basic articulation

Call me when they give the women the same POA as the men
>>
File: IRS_(WWE_Elite_40).jpg (416KB, 1216x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IRS_(WWE_Elite_40).jpg
416KB, 1216x1920px
Anyone have this figure? I.R.S. was a fav as a kid and he looks like a good stand in for DC Comics' Infinite Crisis-era Calculator.
>>
What is THE BEST figure of Macho Man Randy Savageā„¢? I need one for memes.
>>
because they need to be made in the same quality as WWE to be WWE toys,

full of absolute shit.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (138KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
138KB, 1280x720px
>>5922362
>no bare feet version
>no nazi clown version
I mean... I'm happy I guess, but that enthusiasm will die down when we see the shitty paint apps fuck up the eyes and slop all of the costume.

>>5922390
I have it. It's pretty awesome. The legs move REALLY well, but the suspenders kind of look bad.

>>5922866
Legends series 5, no doubt.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.