[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here into slot car stuff? I'm just Learning about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_9058.jpg (243KB, 2170x1627px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9058.jpg
243KB, 2170x1627px
Anyone here into slot car stuff? I'm just
Learning about slotcar racing and want to buy a starting set. I've checked amazon but amazon doesn't have much. Can any of you guys give me some links to websites where you buy everything about slot cars? (Pic related)
>>
How do these things actually "race"?
They all follow the same path, right?
So is it all a matter of the car's construction?
>>
File: 755721295_fdd1f1de17_b-1000x750.jpg (277KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
755721295_fdd1f1de17_b-1000x750.jpg
277KB, 1000x750px
>>5909640
cant tell if sarcasm
>>
>>5906727

I know some brands:

Scalextric
NSR
Slot.it
Ninco
BRM

If you're in the UK, I highly recommend you to visit:

http://www.pendleslotracing.co.uk/

I also recommend you to open the car and to remove the magnet, to fit some real rubber tyres (check the tyre section for sizes and compatibility).

If you want a good starter car, I suggest you to buy a Scalextric '69 Camaro or a '70 Mustang and do what I said previously.

Removing magnets allows you to slide the car through corners, crashes will also be less damaging since cars are going at a slower pace in corners. Crashes with magnets are brutal and ends up with broken mirrors or aero parts.

More questions ?
>>
File: prs-1-6289.jpg (31KB, 660x440px) Image search: [Google]
prs-1-6289.jpg
31KB, 660x440px
>>5909640

You "race" your car with a controller. Basic controllers are basically a trigger, similar as your Playstation controller.

So, the only thing you have control over is acceleration for starter sets. Advanced controllers include a brake button. You obviously can't control steering since the car steers by a slot.

It might sounds boring, especially if you don't remove the magnets. By removing the magnets, your car will start to slide, meaning that you will need to work the trigger input to avoid sliding. You're more "involved" in driving your slotcar.

If you don't wanna put a lot of money in slotcar racing, just buy a used track on ebay for track parts, buy a '69 Camaro or '70 Mustang from Scalextric, remove magnets and fit rubber tyres.

Sorry for bad english.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.