[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Honestly I probably would collect some funko reactions if they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 10

File: MonstersOfficial.jpg (167KB, 625x585px) Image search: [Google]
MonstersOfficial.jpg
167KB, 625x585px
Honestly I probably would collect some funko reactions if they were a throwback to the old 3.75" GIJoes rather than the 5 POA Kenner stuff.

I realize the reason they started them as a Kenner thing was to do that unreleased Alien line but still
>>
>>5905891
>old 3.75" GIJoes

there's like no difference between the two, fuckoff
>>
>>5905891
Agreed. Especially with the T-2 and Predator lines. An 80's Joe styled Predator would be most righteous.

On that note, I wish Lanard were still rocking that style as well. New CORPS figures suck.
>>
>>5905898
one has way more articulation than the other... so yes, there is a difference.
>>
File: invisible moon man.png (89KB, 181x339px) Image search: [Google]
invisible moon man.png
89KB, 181x339px
mistook invisible man for mac tonight
>>
Are they still farting these out? I've seen the first few series in clearance bins, if Star Trek and Breaking Bad didn't move figures, I don't see why they think Universal horror will.
>>
I could accept 5 POA if they at least looked good, but sorry, these look like dollar store toys and they want fucking $10 each?
>>
File: ReActionTDCLandStrider1.jpg (142KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
ReActionTDCLandStrider1.jpg
142KB, 768x1024px
>>5905996
>Are they still farting these out?

The most recent thing they did was the Dark Crystal stuff.
>>
>>5905891
The only ones I think this line works for would be for anything before or during 1979 (maybe a little after, but before GI Joe ARAH was out). Anything after just doesn't look right.
>>
File: remcomonsters.jpg (48KB, 500x562px) Image search: [Google]
remcomonsters.jpg
48KB, 500x562px
>>5905891

These and the Aliens are the only really decent lines, the Aliens being that they were just unreleased figures and the Universal Monsters because they were pretty much just updated Remco figures.
>>
>>5906085
I want to say that at least these aren't as hideous and shit as the other series, but other companies have done so much better, it seems pointless.
>>
>>5906001
Yeah, if they were more up to the POTF2 standards, I would've been more interested. But they're smaller and all have cheap blow-up doll face sculpts.
>>
>>5906085

These kinda work for me, since that's about the right era for these kind of movie figures. I got a kick out of the Travis Bickle for the same reason.
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 200x174px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 200x174px
>>5906115
Is...Is Frankenstein's monster fucking Wolfman from behind?
>>
>>5905898
you are completely worthless. you really don't belong here if you can't tell the difference between a 5 poa solid figure and a 10 poa hollow band figure. you are too stupid to even be appropriately ashamed of yourself. you are like an excited dog oblivious to being covered in his own shit.
>>
>>5905891
They don't even look like old Kenner figures. Even the earliest and crudest Star Wars sculpts have more detail and better proportions than these.
>>
I picked up the Dracula one just to keep MOA... that Bela Lugosi pic and the packaging make it a must have for any fan imho...
>>
File: 74.jpg (228KB, 640x892px) Image search: [Google]
74.jpg
228KB, 640x892px
Honestly, fuck this Kenner bullshit, give me Imperial-style figures. I just want big hunks of plastic that I can smash together in brutal combat.
>>
File: playmates travis bickle.png (141KB, 746x729px) Image search: [Google]
playmates travis bickle.png
141KB, 746x729px
>>5905891
I long for an 80's Playmates/90's Kenner revival.

Radical Travis Bickle, with Kwik-Fire action!
>>
>>5906316

Don't talk about your parents like that.
>>
>>5905891 (OP)

What a freakin' waste. Leave it to Funko to put out garbage 5 POA figures, charge over $10 retail for this. I can't see why anyone would think, "Yeah! 5 POA! Who needs a figure that can't move its elbows or knees, even though Gi Joe figs this size did it 30 years ago!"

What's even sadder is the "license sitting"... meaning that Funko has a license from Universal for classic monsters. So, another company that's willing and able to put out a decent Universal monster figure has their hands tied- they can't- because damn Funko has the license for now.

So in addition to putting out lousy happy-meal quality figs for over $10, they're also blocking anyone else from doing it right until the license expires in what? a few years!
>>
>>5907246
Not true, both Diamond and Mezco are doing some cool Universal monster toys.
>>
>>5907252
That is true, but Diamond and Mezco are not shooting for 1:18. Diamond has some really cute stuff like Mini mates, but those just won't look right among more realistic 1:18 figures and dioramas.

Mezco, based on what I've seen, is shooting for the 8"-10" figure market.

You are right in the way that Diamond and Mezco are putting out much better figures. If only they could do 1:18!!!!
>>
File: 5522313364_dc9047b1ce_z.jpg (90KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
5522313364_dc9047b1ce_z.jpg
90KB, 640x426px
>>5906712
>give me Imperial-style figures
I've always kinda wanted a line of a bunch of Godzilla kaiju in this weird imperial lipstick godzilla style
>>
>>5907246
>What's even sadder is the "license sitting"... meaning that Funko has a license from Universal for classic monsters. So, another company that's willing and able to put out a decent Universal monster figure has their hands tied- they can't- because damn Funko has the license for now.

Huh? The Pops and the Reaction Figures were released years ago. All the Monster Pops and three out of eight of the Reaction figures are vaulted (and it wouldn't surprise me if the other figures follow suit), so that doesn't sound to me like they're sitting on the license.
>>
>>5907569
Yeah, same here. Of course, the way things are going, they'd probably end up being $200.
I'll always have Godzilla and Kong, I guess.
>>
>>5905891
I'd rather have the Burger King toys.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.