[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

whats /toy/s opinion on hoarding boxes? i got a couple of figma

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: melieena2.png (136KB, 425x425px) Image search: [Google]
melieena2.png
136KB, 425x425px
whats /toy/s opinion on hoarding boxes?
i got a couple of figma boxes i cant just want to part ways with. they are taking up space but you know that feeling about not wanting to throw away something
>>
File: 1r7Xrj.So.156.jpg (35KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1r7Xrj.So.156.jpg
35KB, 640x360px
No, keep the boxes! Never throw them out!

They'll be worth big money someday!
>>
I often keep boxes i find cool looking. I especially like monsterarts ones. Since I never sell or trade my stuff usually trash the rest asap.
>>
>>5897696
I stick the extra toy pieces in a ziplock bag and toss the boxes out. I'm never going to use them and don't care to go through the hassle of selling used toys when I grow tired of them.
>>
I save boxes because eventually I will want to pack them up for transport.
>>
I keep the boxes because I don't open my toys.
>>
I like to keep the boxes so I have something to safely pack my toys in when I move. It's served me quite well, but I don't have a big collection so I don't have too many boxes taking up space.
>>
>>5897696
If you have the space to store them and plan to (or think you might) resell them later then you might as well keep them.

If you plan to keep them or wouldn't bother with the hassle of selling them then trash 'em and get one of those multi compartment boxes to store the parts more efficiently.
>>
>>5897801
This. And I only do it or ones that are expensive or have a lot of bits.
>>
>>5897696
I keep boxes depending on whether they are:

-easy to store, preferably box-shaped (duh) and not too big
-useful to pack the figure and accesories eventually
-good-looking

If not, I usually cut or separate the carboard illustrations and just dump the rest.
>>
>>5897801
This plus I can fetch a better price if I dislike a figure and want to sell it or if I'm in need of money.
>>
File: 1322347356317.jpg (19KB, 324x363px) Image search: [Google]
1322347356317.jpg
19KB, 324x363px
>>5898915
>buying figures you don't like
MFW
>>
File: TOOMANYBOXES.jpg (137KB, 1024x433px) Image search: [Google]
TOOMANYBOXES.jpg
137KB, 1024x433px
>>5897696
Yeah, it's a problem.
>>
By the time I hit the 'order' button, either for a pre-order, or an in stock item, I already know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I want the item. There's no second guessing, or buyer's remorse, guilt, or whatever. I don't jump at flavors-of-the-month, or buy something just because I need to buy something. I'm very thoughtful about what I buy.
So when it arrives, I pop it out of the box, set it up on the shelf, put the accessories in one of the storage bins, and toss the packaging like the trash that it is.

I don't buy stuff with the idea of selling it later. Why would I? It's a hobby, not a business, and I only buy what I really want.
IF I ever do decide to get rid of something and I loose a few dollars because it doesn't have the box, well, so what? I got my money's worth already. I didn't buy it to make a profit. Hopefully the next person will like the break he got on the price and enjoy the item as much as I did.
>>
I'm not really a figure guy, but can't you just collapse the boxes and just store a bunch of those somewhere?
>>
>>5899137
So agree, please marry me.
>>
>>5899137
I have no intention of selling my figures but I still keep the boxes because I feel it's a part of the collection but to each their own, I suppose.
>>
>>5899063
underated post
>>
>>5899318
depends on the box, but yeah, that's what I do
>>
I only keep boxes that has great art work on it.
Everything else goes into the trash.
>>
>>5899137
This.
If you're not looking to sell things or the like for some aftermarket whatsits then you shouldn't need to keep boxes.

I throw away boxes; if I want to move then I don't need the figures' original boxes to help or to help store accessories. I keep box covers for kits if I like them enough, and I keep all manuals, stands, and other accessories a figure may have. The box is garbage and I don't need to keep it.
>>
depends really. if it's just a figure with hardly any accessories or a blister pack I just throw that shit away. I'll keep the boxes for figmas, revoltechs, SHF, Ultimate NECA and Mezco.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.