[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm going to Singapore in December. What are the best

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: download.png (2KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
2KB, 275x183px
So I'm going to Singapore in December. What are the best places for toys/figures/models? I've been once before and was sorta let down by the stuff that google turned up.
>>
There's a antiques and toys flea market at China Square Central mall on Sundays alongside the regular shops there. It generally represents the toy market in the country so try going there first.

Anything you're particularly interested in?
>>
>>5895127
It depends on what you're getting, retard
>>
>>5895127

China Square Central is the best place i found, it has the most figure stores in one place at least. Go on a Sunday when the market is on for stalls selling more figure/hobby stuff on the ground floor.

dont expect any figure store in Singapore to be cheap though.
>>
>>5895127
www.toycoin.com.sg is webshop only

Latendo carries a variety of weebshit but at somewhat inflated prices

Good gundam/model kit stores are all tucked away from the malls.

China Square has good stuff but keep an eye out for bootlegs and scalper prices.
>>
>>5895136
I guess right now I'm on a huge Macross/Escaflowne bender, Resident Evil/Biohazard stuff.. old Videogame/anime figures. I've got enough gunpla I reckon.

I guess I was just looking for any hole in the wall stores people could recommend, or if theres like a specific place i have to go.
>>
>>5895232
Everyone telling you China Square Central are on point. That's really all you need to do to find good shit
>>
In's Point, Richmond 111, Sino Centre are your best bet.
>>
>>5895232
Yeah pretty much China Square Central for anime/vidya stuff.

If you aren't satisfied there, head to the Chinatown train station nearby, take the Downtown line (blue) to promenade and go to Suntec city. There's more expensive, tourist trap priced shops there (Latendo, Dollz Inc, Otaku House) but may have a different selection.

For gunpla, head to sunshine plaza there's 2 old timey modeling shops there. Also check out OG department stores (near Chinatown, Bugis and along Orchard Rd) they usually have piles of Gunpla the distributor is clearing.
>>
>>5895127
Try ToyCity
>>
>>5895439
Okey I don't know how toycity is in singapore
But in Malaysia its okey or just bad at best
>>
>>5895299
Do not forget Plaza singapura at dhoby ghaut. And also, funan square mall if it isnt renovated yet. There have a number of goodies too, just be weary of the price
>>
>>5896286
Funan is closed for at least 3 years.

>>5895299
For gunpla and model kits there's also hobby point, check their site for location, the bras basah one is closer to bugis MRT and you can also walk to sunshine plaza while you are at at.

Hobbymate has also just opened a shop at Fortune Centre so there's no reason to trek to their oxley bizhub 2 store.
>>
>>5896286
>>5896353
Dollz Inc and Latendo from Funan have moved to Suntec. The other toy shops have since closed down or are web-only.
>>
>>5896353
Finally eh. Sad that it closed.
>>
>>5895272

That's HongKong you fucktard.

OP, Toys in Singapore aren't very worthwhile. China Square is full of scalper shops. The Sunday flea used to have normal collectors selling personal collections but it's gotten rare now. Everyone has moved to selling in Facebook groups and Carousell.
Go back to your amiami preowned and mandarake, you'll get better deals. The market for older anime stuff dried out years ago here. We dump our shit on ebay too.

Unless you're a rich weab from Indonesia. In which case, bargains everywhere!
>>
>>5896286
Funan's been fucked. Plaza Sing doesn't have anything good does it?
>>
>>5897289
I wouldn't say it's not worthwhile. Some Japanese toylines are brought in for near their yen MSRP without shipping.

But the thing about Singapore toy retail now is that it's very samey. Department stores sell by consignment so the stock and prices are all decided by the distributors. Toy shops order from the same few sources in HK, stock comes in at the same time at the same prices, it's mostly just a case of seeing which seller starts undercutting first.
>>
>>5897289

I'm an Indonesian who went to school in Singapore. Back when it was still in Clarke Quay, it was great for SIC and other Japanese toys.

Last year I visited and the only guy who had a reasonable price for a SIC was someone who was just selling his stuff on a table. The actual toy stores had absolute shit conditions and were trying to charge way too much for a couple of non-rare SIC sets.

It's kind of sad how few proper Japanese toy lines are in those stores too now, it's mostly statues now and SHFs that are easily available everywhere else too.

To think Singapore was the country where department store toy sections were once selling SIC and had offerings that could match hobby shops (late 90's).
>>
>>5897289
Eh, that's alright with me. I was just going to visit my brother for a week so I'm not planning on loading up with stuff. Just getting a nice souvenir. I'm coming from one of the smaller cities in australia so it'll probably be a lot more than I'm used to anyway!
Thanks for all the suggestions anyway, I'll keep an eye out for all these places. Last time i snagged an old Kapool gunpla kit that i'd wanted for ages for around 20 singh.
>>
>>5898057
Most of the less common stuff or stuff at reasonable prices are sold pre-order basis here.
>>
>>5897362

>Some Japanese toylines are brought in for near their yen MSRP without shipping.

Do tell because I haven't found any yet. The closest are Goodsmile stuff but that's mainly because of the yen's crazy climb this year. Right now Preorder prices are about on par with hlj's tiny discount + shipping.

Bandai prices are insane right now.

>>5898057
The 90's to early 2k were the rush, bro. We had new toy shops popping up everywhere, spawn, toybiz and star wars were abundantly available (tho a bit pricey and scalpable) and ebay was still a viable place to hawk stuff.

Japanese toys were incredibly hard to get though. I remember having to hide money orders in paper envelops to shop on YJA.

>>5898208
Ah, gotcha. From what I know of Oz, there might be some stuff you might see as deals.

Apart from what has been suggested, you may want to lookout for warehouse or Takashimaya sales. That's when wholesalers clear their stuff and there can be good deals on Bandai and Koto to be found.

Too bad you're not coming in Nov. AFA is at the end of the month and you get deals there too.

If you want to, come join my facebook group 'Ani-things 2. 0' for anime figures. I post local SG deals and figure news there.
>>
File: 20160428_112810.jpg (2MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160428_112810.jpg
2MB, 5312x2988px
I've been relying on preorders from ToG lately, they're the guys who bought Comics Connection and bring a lot more toys and games in rather than the mountain of Korea and Taiwan boyband garbage that killed Comics Connection. They get a good variety of stuff, not as good as La Tendo but better prices.

PlayE, formerly Funz Centre, got some nice obscure stuff but they have shit for selection sometimes, I bet they should be okay for ordering stuff too.

I actually get a lot of my stuff from local traders on Carousell these days.

Pic related, Materia was ordered from ToG while I got Maochao secondhand from Carousell.
>>
>>5898979
In addition I might have been responsible for ToG starting to bring in more azone stuff lately since I bought a bunch of Custom Lily figures from them as well as the 1/6 Ika Musume action doll. Apart from Dollz House I think I've only seen ToG as the main retailer carrying azone stuff.
>>
>>5898979
>tog carries fags
Based. Which outlet?
>>
>>5899174
They will order it on request, currently Clementi had 1 Jinrai last time i checked. Have preorders for Baselard and the Megami Device girls extant right now.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.