[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You're allowed to wipe one toy line from the face of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 13

You're allowed to wipe one toy line from the face of the earth, just one... which do you choose?
>>
Funko Pop
>>
>>5882374
This

/thread
>>
Polynian. Not because >gay pedophile robots, but because Polynian supporters are fucking horrible as a whole. I've seen them likened to bronies and furries, which I can agree with to an extent. Not because they're sexualizing stuff, but because it seems like every aspect of their interest is solely in this one thing. The kind of obsessive fascination only true autism can yield.
>>
>>5882374
First post best post
>>
Nothing against the fan base, but I would get rid of marvel legends figures. They just seem like the generic standby action figure line. Every toy store I go to is flooded with them. I'd rather see something more interesting than walls of generic, muscular, white guy/girl super heroes.
>>
>>5882378
This.
>>
>>5882376
It takes a certain kind of retard to be sexually attracted to a robot.
>>
>>5882374
Best post.
>>
3a. Not only does it promote pretentious art toys, but the majority of the stuff is horrible quality. People drool over it because of marketing hype, but it's all just uninspired bullshit. Ashley Wood had his time for a while, but now it's just dirty robots and duck faced men and women.
>>
>>5882372
Hasbro Transformers
>>
Asians... Oh you said toy line.
>>
>>5882374
Can't really compete with this, Funko Pop are kind of horrible.

Runner up would be all the pop knock offs, which manage to be even worse.
>>
Nendoroid. Funko Pop is objectively more of a cancer on this earth, but goodsmile makes figma and some licenses they chose to make nendos of instead greatly upset me because it ensures that I'll never get a decent figure of some characters.
>>
Reaction
>>
>>5882374
That shit looks like fuckin' Icecream
>>
>>5882407
>Being this stupid
They just wouldn't make any figures of those licenses at all.
>>
>your favorite toy line
>>
>>5882374
Is there any other possible answer?
>>
easy 3A
>>
I'm gonna go with Funko Reaction. The Alien line that started it was fun even if it did do the sculpts from scratch or only based them on PICTURES of the molds/whatever. But seriously, this endless churning out of 5POA figures with purposefully poor quality sculpts is ridiculous. How about we graduate a few years to do Kenner-style figures with engineering and sculpts of their early 90s figures? Just imagine Pulp Fiction figures done in the sculpts of the 4" Kenner Jurassic Park human figures with gimmick accessories (just to name one franchise). But, then again the hipsters eating up the Pops and Reactions is Funko's lifeblood. Too bad they don't release much else. With all the dough they milk with their over-priced bobble heads and 5POA novelties you'd think they'd actually make even more highly-detailed and better articulated figures.

On that note, how's the Fallout power armor suit-whatever guy? Never played the Fallout games but I love scifi armored figures.
>>
>>5882374
Thank you
>>
Anything from Hasbro. I don't know what it is, but people that buy that shit infest every thread and claim their walmart shit is decent. At least people that buy Pops stay in their containment general.
>>
>>5882374
/thread
>>
>>5882376
Not to mention they blatantly ignore quality problems, drops in quality, and price increases because their toy hits their fetish. I got the original Shamrock and Clover and I'm tempted to sell them every single day I see them since I know I'll never buy another Daibadi product again.
>>
Gundam
>>
>>5882542
>they blatantly ignore quality problems, drops in quality, and price increases because their toy hits their fetish
Are you talking about Figm-
>Shamrock and Clover
Oh. Well, at least they're catching up to the import shitfest we've had for the last year.
>>
>>5882542
My Clover's up for sale. I'm out before the toys get any shittier and the fans get any weirder.
>>
File: 213392601481478144_6bk_d.jpg (118KB, 680x486px) Image search: [Google]
213392601481478144_6bk_d.jpg
118KB, 680x486px
>>5882407
nendos are cute tho
>>
>>5882388

This. My trips confirm it
>>
>>5882376
>>5882542
I remember getting some guy pissed off in another thread (weeks ago) because I said Daibadifags were degenerates who only buy the toys because of their dicks.
Some of them are in denial about it, somehow.
>>5882658
Trips are triple, not double, Anon.
>>
Anything neca
>>
Star Wars Force Awakens
>>
File: 1346334753.png (1MB, 1054x832px) Image search: [Google]
1346334753.png
1MB, 1054x832px
>>5882374
Thread is over thanks anon.
>>
Marvel or Transformers
>>
File: MLisspidey-3.jpg (371KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
MLisspidey-3.jpg
371KB, 600x900px
>>5882523
>Thinking this isn't at least "decent" with 2 extra pairs of hands and an extra head

Alotta marvel legends are ass, but some are defintely worth getting.
>>
>>5882407
I know that feeling

>All these pokemon trainer nenderoids
>Not ONE figma of ANY of them.

can't we atleast get a Red figma? Come the fuck on Goodsmile.
>>
>>5882835
they're fashioned in hommage of the sprites, not the 2 second regular sized character we see in battle scenes
>>
>>5882542
After all the hype I got Clover and was totally let down by it. The joints are smooth, but cumbersome and limited, especially the legs which still have those awkward old style joints where you can't move it to the side and forward at the same time. I bought Mel a few months ago because it looked cute enough, but its still subject tot he same issues. At this point, I'm done with he line, its a cute novelty, but not worth collecting.
>>
>>5882559
>Are you talking about Figm-
GSC fans at least pretend to be upset about exclusives and dropping accessory count. They still buy, but at least they give lip service to being upset. Daibadi fans defend the lack of panel lining since it's more fun to do it yourself and they defend the joints since it's so easy to buy replacements on hlj and they defend the price since Daibadi used to just do gks, so we need to be grateful.

The toys are alright if that's your bag, but the fans are everything wrong with this hobby.
>>
>>5882917
>The toys are alright if that's your bag
I hear cases of joints breaking all of a sudden.
>>
I really can't think of any toyline that bothers me, so i don't see why i would wish any toyline to disappear forever.
I'd rather wish for a fanbase to disappear forever, but in most cases, these people would just move onto something else and be annoying there instead.

I guess I am not not a spiteful person.
>>
>>5882374
fpbp
>>
>>5882372
>>5882372
tubeheroes
>>
>>5882372
I want to say Funko Pop because
1. They take up too much space in toy shops
2. Make normies I know think they're into toys

but really I want Funko's other toy lines to be obliterated and then maybe we'd get actually acceptable figures of Power Armor and Daedric Warriors from other brands
>>
>>5882372

Transformers.
>>
Dildos
>>
>>5882961
>Make normies I know think they're into toys

Is there a difference between buying toys and being into toys?
>>
>>5882374
>>5882961
this

but i think some of their other toys are ok, i dont mind funko on a whole by any means. just the pops.
>>
>>5882981
A couple of normies I know bought one pop vinyl and now it's all #wheresrey every day
Don't get me wrong I want people to be into toys, but god damn.
>>
Mattel's DC stuff. For all the bad they do, Hasbro's Marvel stuff at least shows effort in adding accessories and developing articulation. At this point, Mattel only has DC because any other company that isn't Hasbro probably couldn't buy the rights. I think the best thing that could come of it now is for hasbro just to have both licenses. They aren't the best company, but they're the only western one doing decent articulation at reasonable prices, with a wide variety of characters.
>>
Anything Funko, but more their 6in lines. They get the rights to make stuff that NECA could do much better.
>>
File: fuckouttahere.jpg (87KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
fuckouttahere.jpg
87KB, 640x640px
[produces coin] Heads, Tube Heroes, tails, The Corps [flips it]
>>5882378
>bought Black Panther 2 weeks ago, Falcon today
Don't you have a bench to warm, Kaepernick?
>>
>>5882378
I agree!! god damn White people and there White only toys! where is the diversity!! Black Toys Matter!!
>>
Those bjds or whatever the fuck their called. In fact fuck all doll lines for bringing stupid cunts into /toy. This place used to be great before the boards iq collectively dropped.
>>
>>5882830
It's shit. For $5 more you get a much better Select of that Spider-Man. It includes an unmasked head, like 4 sets of hands, a camera, a separate mask to put in the hands, and pretty much identical articulation minus the butterfly joints though it has a calf swivel which the Legends lacks (and makes ankle rockers pretty shitty and limited in the process).

No, Hasbro is never a good deal.
>>
>>5883377
>$5
$10

And you mean the diamond select spidey with less articulation and the pizza is replaced with a camera he can't even hold properly? And that is one of the most articulated diamond select figures. It only goes down hill from there.

you're reaching on that one.
>>
>>5883214
BJD collectors drop like $800+ on higher end dolls. They probably have better jobs and are more put together than most people here. Do you seriously think your average Transformer or NECA collector can afford that much? East vs.West posting is responsible for way more shitposting and IQ dropping than any doll lines.
>>
>>5882372
BIONIC- oh wait
Funko Pop I guess
>>
WWE Action Figures.... Every god damn store I go in that carries them has white trash kids pissing and shitting themselves because they can't find some muscle head, and the floor and shelves are littered with them because some fucking trash of society through them all over the fucking place. I swear the shelf space for them keeps getting bigger and bigger pushing out other toys like World of Nintendo, Transformers, Power Rangers, etc. They just flow out like water from toy isles.
>>
>>5882374
This, but only because I've seen countless stores slowly phase out "real" toys in favour of having a larger wall of pops. It's not so much the pops themselves but the overshadowing of normal collector lines they cause.
>>
>>5883487
$5. Can you count? ML MSRP is $20, MS MSRP is $25.

And less articulation? Again, nice counting skills, chief. MS Spider-Man only lacks butterfly joints. It has ball hinge neck, double elbows, double knees, a waist swivel, a ball AND hinge diaphragm, plus calf swivels and a better stock ROM in the hips than Pizza Spidey. That right there is more total joints than Pizza Spidey. Plus more hands (which, combined, makes even MORE points of total articulation by sheer numbers), plus more accessories, plus a truly unmasked head, plus a loose mask.

And it's not gummy Hasbro trash plastic. And it looks great with all the other vastly superior modern Marvel Selects. I wouldn't trade one MS Dr Strange or Now Thor or Spider-Man for 50 of the shitball C-listers that Legends pumps out and clogs the pegs with.
>>
>>5882374
>>
>>5883214
BJD collectors stick to their boards. If you're going to cry about dolls you'd be better off bitching about Monster High.
>>
>>5882376
Oh Jesus Christ this.

I remember that one thread a while back where that one guy got stupid defensive when people started insulting his trap robot and by stupid defensive I mean reaching levels of autism I have yet to see on 4chan. Not to mention majority of photo threads end up getting overran with people posting the robots doing lude shit with other figures, and when anyone says anything they sperg out.
>>
>>5882407
you upset me but I respect your opinion
>>
>>5884112
It's sucks because they can do just about anything dynamic, yet anons choose to just post them in lewd poses all the time
>>
SH Figuarts.
>>
Lego
>>
>>5882407
>figma tomoko never ever
>>
Five Star Stories
>>
>>5884674
To be fair, it's rarely a case of "Figma or Nendo." It's usually "Nendo or nothing."
>>
>>5883499
i'm not going to lie, if i had the money and space for a correct scale ring, i'd probably have some of the 80s wrestlers, a good start for me would be "get everyone that was on Hulk Hogan's Rock n Wrestling"
>>
File: 1387236243894.jpg (5KB, 132x140px) Image search: [Google]
1387236243894.jpg
5KB, 132x140px
>>5882372
Bionicle
>>
>>5883499
So you're upset that a toy line that you don't like is pushing out the space allocated for other objectively terrible toys like WoN, Transautism, and Power Autists.

This is your life. You get upset about toys.
>>
>>5882456
Agreed the alien line was okay but just the big chap. A cute idea based off never before released figures. All of the lines look like Mexican dollars store bootleg toys. It's faux ironic nerd hipster merchandise for faux nerds who buy lootcrates because pop vinyls are too mainstream. This gets my vote
>>
>>5882374
agreed
>>
>>5885883
That's the exact reason why people want rid of POPs, that and they don't want 'normies' in their sekret hobby.

And No I don't collect POP figures either.
>>
>>5883878
More joints does not equal more articulation. Selects have great sculpts and pretty shit articulation, that's been true across the board pretty much since the line's inception. It's there for people that want a more accurate representation of specific appearances, and ML has been about being a fun toy with articulation.

With the increasing number of accessories, I have to say ML is probably better now than it ever has been, maybe not the best bang for your buck, but sheer quality wise they've been pretty decent for Wal-Mart shit. Now they just need to cut out BAF to either drop the price a couple bucks, or include more accessories, and I might actually buy more than 2 a year.
>>
>>5882741
>>5882973
>>5884663
Mind explaining why?
>>
>>5886013
>More joints does not equal more articulation.
learn what words mean

you're speaking about joints OR articulation not equating to more poses or range of motion.
>>
>>5883493
I guess them spending $800 on creepy dolls is better than them molesting children to fulfill their fetishes.
>>
>>5882372
My little pony
>>
>>5882374
agreed
>>
>>5882921
From what I know, it's mostly the new ones that experience this. I haven't heard of the earlier figures having major problems other than yellowing. My trapbot is holding up pretty well, but none of the other figures have interested me other than vania. If the problems with the line aren't fixed, I'll give up on daibadi for a while
>>
Revoltech. If only so Revoltech apologists would have to stop lying about how the Revoltech version of a character is as good the version from some other toyline. Which they're typically not.

I have Revoltechs despite the fact that I'm constantly underwhelmed by them because damn if they don't have an awesome character selection.

But they're not actually the best toy or representation of a given character. Unless they're the ONLY toy or representation of the character. With maybe the exception of Danbo, if only because Danbo's eyes light up. Which makes her better than any other version by default. Oh, and the Disney/Pixars, because their only competition are mass market American toys aimed at a younger demo.
>>
>>5883214
Lol bitter much? The idiotic BJD collectors stay on tumblr with the other idiots.

Personally I'd get rid of Figmas; GSC is getting kinda entitled about their shit and the amount of money I had to drop to get the damn LBW Link with the bonuses still pisses me off, no matter how cute it is.

That and Funko.
More like fuck-o. Haha. I'll see myself out.
>>
>>5886013
>More joints does not equal more articulation
It... does, though. A point of articulation is where a joint is placed and has a degree of motion in some capacity. What you mean is range of motion, which is entirely different and is more on the engineering and sculpt side of things.

>Selects have great sculpts and pretty shit articulation
"Did" is the word you should have used. They -did- have shit articulation, but nowadays they have a modern number of joints. Ankle rockers, double ball abs, double knees, etc.
>>
PAKs, in the hope that Squenix would let GSC have their licenses instead of trying to make their own figures.
>>
>>5887674
Even with all those joints the sculpts ruin the articulation.
>>
>>5882372
Funko Pop
>>
Itt:stop liking what I don't like!

Jesus, this is cancerous, people crying about entitlement, the price of the toys, the fanbases, it's the most straw graaping complaints I will ever see.
>>
People who say transformers make me honestly question why they're in this hobby in the first place.

probably like statue shit or funko's
>>
>>5882376
I was going to agree with >>5882374 but definitely this instead.
>>
>>5887662

Bjd collectors are still mostly women and therefore are cancer to this board. They drag their sjw shit with them everywhere defending niggers and land whales.
>>
>>5882374
Did you mean Unko Poop?
>>
>>5892867
>They drag their sjw shit with them everywhere defending niggers and land whales.

Kek, most BJD collectors just want dolls of pretty, thin, white women. They hate attempts at pandering with black or fat dolls. Hell, a lot of women don't like fatties or blacks.
>>
>>5892619
They're Gundam/RD/ Chogokin/Macross/whatever import robot collectors who are self conscious because people still call their $100 imports "Transformes" or "Optimus". The insecurity here in general is probably what makes people look down on cheaper toys.
>>
>>5892867
You're confusing women in general and Tumblr. Calm down.
>>
>>5892867
Are you gay?
>>
>>5882374
/thread
>>
>>5892992
No one is self conscious and people who make that mistake are either blatantly not into the genre/toylines or collectors who haven't been exposed to better stuff.
>>
>>5893000

There is no difference. Women deserve to be relagated to breeding farms where all their decisions can be made by the smarter sex. You are proof that even this thread has been infested by liberal scum.
>>
>>5892989

Threads like this >>5893664 prove woman have too much freedom. Someone should have destroyed that cunt for posting her face without a kitchen in the background. You doll fucks make shit like that happen more and more.
>>
>>5882374
Like a sniper's shot, this landed perfect.
>>
>>5882378
>>5883143
What in... seriously? Ugh why do I allow myself to be hooked by such crap bait?
>>
>>5882374

Ten trillion times this.
>>
Lego Elves and that fucking lego movie pink cat
>>
File: image.png (305KB, 370x281px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
305KB, 370x281px
GI Joe. Seriously, over 20yrs of fighting and they still can't get rid of a bunch of snake-fetish weirdos who have underpants-gnome strategies at world domination. Just let them have a region of the world to themselves and their poorly planned regime will fall into decay in just a few years. Only a nostalgia-fag could defend such a bullshit franchise.
>>
File: cobraisland.jpg (174KB, 794x600px) Image search: [Google]
cobraisland.jpg
174KB, 794x600px
>>5895515
>ignorant hate.
no surprise that people hate on shit they know nothing about

Cobra has its own country, with embassy in most major countries (including the USA), and had a lot of success in the comics.
>>
>>5882374
Just funko my shit up
>>
>>5895515

But RAH is fucking hilarious. Cobra commander taking out a huge loan to start a fucking rock band? Bazooka saw a seaserpant? That crazy fucker on toy island? Priceless moments.
>>
>>5901096
Remember that one time they built a huge wall thinking it would keep aliens out?
>>
>>5901117

I said it another thread and I'll say it here /pol should be treated like a containment board.
>>
Fucking megabloks. I hate their cheap plastic, I hate their cringy aesthetic, I hate their edgy normie licences
>>
>>5882372
Bratz dolls.

WHO THE FUCK GOT IT INTO THEIR HEADS THAT HUGE LIPS ARE CUTE AND ATTRACTIVE?!?!
>>
>>5882372
V-Cube. Fucking hate those greek asshats
>>
>>5902669
Angelina Jolie
>>
>>5902781
goteem
>>
>>5882372
Jazwares
>>
>>5882917
>>5882542
>>5882376

What the hell? I thought you were gonna say daibadi because they don't shut the fuck up about shitty joints and no panel lining and higher cost. must be bizarro /toy/
>>
File: FunkoPop.png (220KB, 775x322px) Image search: [Google]
FunkoPop.png
220KB, 775x322px
>>5882374
Best of /toy/
>>
>>5882374
Stores hate these things, too, since they're just warming shelves these days.
>>
>>5895266
Ow the edge
>>
Nendroid. I keep getting really pissed off when I want a character as a figma and I get a god damn chibi piece of shit instead. Chris Redfield, Sonic, Marth, MGS 2 Riden, Genos, Akane Tsunemori, the list goes on. Fuck em, I want real articulated figures, not this garbage.
>>
>>5882388
As much as I love Transformers, I would wipe it as well and keep it as Diaclone and Microman.
>>
>>5882830
Its shit, anon.
>>
McFarlane Color Tops

Make action figures or statues, Todd. Don't go back to the pointlessly articulated shit you used to make. One or the other.

You can have separate lines of each, that's fine, but do not combine them.
>>
File: 1-Lammily-Review118.jpg (286KB, 1280x1267px) Image search: [Google]
1-Lammily-Review118.jpg
286KB, 1280x1267px
The obese barbie doll
>>
File: image.jpg (336KB, 2116x2113px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
336KB, 2116x2113px
>>5915196
Those limb proportions make her look like a Neanderthal....
>>
File: judge-death2-118438.jpg (487KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
judge-death2-118438.jpg
487KB, 800x1200px
>>5882387
Get fucked I love my Judge Death
>>
ReAction. I'm tempted to agree with Funko Pop but after all the pretentious butthurt over Bellhedz and Mighty Muggz I kind of like the fact that they've managed to successfully mainstream urban vinyl and out it for the pop-culture garbage it is.
>>
>>5882374
A hero
>>
>>5895515
The U.S. has been actively fighting Al Qaeda for 15 years now and they don't even have HISS tanks or Rattlers.
>>
>>5882372
Spawn, because that shit made toys for 20+ year olds instead of for kids like they're supposed to be. We should be like 1% of the market instead of the majority.
>>
Either Funko Pops (because they basically kill toy stores) or pretty much anything Hasbro shits out.
>>
>>5918314
>we are the 1%

>Goodsmile
>Revoltech
>3A
>Hot Toys
>RAH
>SHFiguarts
>Kotobukiya
>Pak (as much as it pains me to say)
>Sentinel
>Comicave
>Neca
just naming a few.
>>
>>5918314
That's a pretty autistic reason for wanting that.
>>
All figmas with stands.
>>
>>5882374
fpbp
>>
>>5895376
Because you're a gay fish.
>>
>>5918667
What do you have against stands?
>>
>>5882378
>tfw marvel legends are $40 in Australia
I would collect them since i love marvel but fuck, I can get S.H.Figuarts imported from Japan for $20 so...
>>
File: Tips Fedoraoraora.png (180KB, 367x441px) Image search: [Google]
Tips Fedoraoraora.png
180KB, 367x441px
>>5919911
He was beat up by Star Platinum as a kid.
Thread posts: 144
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.