[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /toy/, I'm visiting NYC for the first time next weekend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

Hey /toy/, I'm visiting NYC for the first time next weekend and was wondering if there were any toy/hobby stores and other /toy/-adjacent cool places to visit.

Looking for anything under the sun, really. Figma/Figuarts/other Japanese figure lines, vintage TFs/Joes/80's toylines, Gunpla, Lego, 3rd Party TFs, Toku stuff, Western Collector lines like Mezco/3A, basically anything that you typically wouldn't find in a TRU or Walmart.

And like I mentioned earlier, it doesn't have to be limited to shops. If you think there's any sort of place or attraction that a typical /toy/ Soldier would enjoy, sound off as well!

Thanks!
>>
>>5839207
>>
>>5875755
Thanks, dude!

Didn't catch that thread, guess it was already archived when I tried searching.
>>
>>5877493
Yeah, it was already archived when I linked it. Hope you were able to read it all before it was deleted.
>>
Since that's resolved, what're the must-go to shops in LA
>>
>>5875719
There are at least two Lego stores in Manhattan, you can give them a go if you wish, one is in Rockefeller Center and the others I can't remember.

>tfw live in new york
>barely check out the NY /toy/ scene
What am I doing with my life.
>>
>>5875719
midtown comics in times square had a surprising selection
>>
Image Anime is the go-to for any import stuff.
>>
>>5875719

As >>5879257 Midtown Comics is great, the one on Lexington is a few minutes walk from Grand Central. There is also a really good spot in the Elizabeth Street Underground Mall in Chinatown. Look up the "mall" online first because you'd walk right past it if you didn't know it was there.
>>
>>5879294
Image Anime is way fucking overpriced, they charge like 20 for a Gundam HG that's 10 dollars on Amazon. I can only imagine it's the same situation for anything PVC, too.
>>
Toy Tokyo 5th street and 2nd avenue
>>
Midtown Comics is probably your best bet for Western stuff, and they have a fair bit of Bandai shit too (sometimes for surprisingly alright prices). Image Anime has the best selection as far as Japanese toys go, but they're pretty overpriced. Nintendo World often carries a few import figures (usually whichever Japanese Nintendo figures came out most recently, so don't go expecting Figma Pit or anything), and Kinokuniya has a shitton of Japanese figures and other items.
>>
TRU Times Square was good the last time I was at New York.
>>
>>5879789
It's closed.
>>
>>5879895
and ill never see it again. do they have another cool TRU in the area/state?
>>
This is a /trv/ question, but what else do you do in NY? most things i see on tv is you watch a Broadway show, a yankees game, see the top of the Empire state building and take the subway if you dont have a car
>>
>>5879789
It's dead senpai. I went to New York on vacation during June and was sorely disappointed.
>>
>>5879948

It's a big ass state. As a tourist, you do the tourist things, ie. Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty, World Trade Center, etc. When you live nearby, you find good bars and music spots.
>>
>>5875719
>He's going to see a Japanese girl's group perform

LMAO
>>
>>5879948
I recommend High Line Park. It's a park built on an abandoned elevated railroad.
>>
I live in Queens, theres two comic book shops here but go to Queens Collectibles in Maspeth, it's a little far but the stuff there are gems. also go to St. Marks comics down in 8th it also houses quite a collection and Forbidden Planet too right near union square. stay away from homeless people though
>>
Kinokuniya duh
>>
>>5879789
>>5879895
A shame.
>>
>>5879254
Seconding Rockefeller lego store, it's much bigger with more impressive displays than your typical mall lego store
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.