[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SO wait, did they actually made a new mold for this? or just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: TOY-RBT-4140_04.jpg (94KB, 534x800px) Image search: [Google]
TOY-RBT-4140_04.jpg
94KB, 534x800px
SO wait, did they actually made a new mold for this? or just tv colors? from the pictures it kinda looks like tv eva01, but I'm not 100% sure.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=TOY-RBT-4140
>>
Too lazy to boot up photoshop for you.

Flip between these two links in your browser tabs, you can see the parts that are different and the parts that got re-used.

http://img.amiami.jp/images/product/review/163/TOY-RBT-4140_02.jpg

http://img.amiami.jp/images/product/review/133/TOY-RBT-3540_01.jpg
>>
is this going to sell out quickly? should I buy now or wait? i'm fucking poor at the moment
>>
>>5871255
It's a Kotobukiya plastic model - they will definitely reprint it at least once

Probably many times, since it's an Eva-01
>>
>>5871258

okay thanks
>>
Hope they do all 00, 02, and 03 this time. The blue 00 not the yellow. Then the MP.
>>
I wonder how much better it's going to be than the old LM-HG. I got that one recently and after some seam removal and paint it'll be top-notch. I'm surprised how good of a kit it is for being 20 years old.
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 273x217px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 273x217px
>>5871224
Thanks for the heads up, just POed this bad boy. My body is (not) ready
>>
>>5871473
>boy
>rebuild joke
>>
File: eva.jpg (89KB, 534x800px) Image search: [Google]
eva.jpg
89KB, 534x800px
The posing on this is incredible. Those feet are firmly planted on the floor.
>>
>>5871645
Damn that looks nice. I've never had a Kotobukiya kit before though. Do they make quality stuff?
>>
>>5871660
I was wondering about that myself. Actually never bought any kit before, but this looks super fun
>>
>>5871660
>>5871707
My only experience with them was the Rockman kits and they were pretty good quality.
>>
anyone know if they're making rei and asukas suits?
>>
>>5871737
>suits
>>
>>5871660
Good quality. Generally between Bandai's HG and MG stuff in terms of quality, but closer to MG. Prices aren't as good as Bandai's for what you get though. But that's mostly because they're not as large a company.
>>
>>5872233
Thanks!
>>
Hope we get a SYNC ratio of 400% version too
>>
>>5871224
How much work do the Eva kits need to look decent enough like the promo pics?

I've only bought Gundam kits and have never bought one of the Evas so I'm just curious how much work is required and if the parts are already molded in the colors.
>>
>>5872603
Glad to know I'm not the only one
>>
>>5872630
>Koto kit
Can't go wrong with Koto, they're steps ahead of Bandai in buildability and quality of the finished product for the price. More bang for your buck.
>>
>>5871660
Some of their kits had problems with polycaps breaking because their polycap material isn't as good as Bandai's, but otherwise they're generally pretty good. Usually a bit on the expensive side for what you get though.
>>
>>5871473
I got so happy when I saw this, I thought eva tv shit was dead forever.

I also hope this >>5872603 happens.
>>
>>5871660
on the eva kit the balljoint on the elbow have tendencies to break in time. The left arm of my Eva 01 breaked after one years without anything. and the right begins to cracked.
>>
>>5871224
Is that painted or do these kits look that good out of the box?
>>
>>5873114
Koto kits are colored plastic snap together like bandai. Plastic quality is slightly worse but overall solid kits.
Promo shots are almost always painted so yeah that one probably is
>>
>>5872667
Thats the reverse, koto kits are less durable because the plastic is low quality and worse buildability because Bandai has a number of patented injection mold techniques that no other company will ever be able to use.
>>
>>5873076
Did the polycaps tear for you? I'm beginning to think the polycaps are too much like rubber and degrade like rubber does.
>>
>>5873207
they do have patents but the techniques for improving buildability are already being used by other companies even well before bandai started doing it
>>
How much work in terms of painting etc it'll require? Or is it pretty much just assembling and will look good
>>
>>5873207
Ignore him. He's a koto shill. He pops up sometimes on the Gunpla general. Koto is definitely not Bandai quality, they're barely better than the "good" Chinese brands like Dragon Momoko and Daban.

Koto has had known problems with their polycaps and brittle plastic for years and they've done little to fix it apparently.
>>
File: image.jpg (233KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
233KB, 960x720px
>>5873396
>hating on busou shinki

No thank you
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.