[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are people in Japan like: >You knoe who needs a NECA? >Went

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 15

File: japan_header.jpg (1MB, 1900x525px) Image search: [Google]
japan_header.jpg
1MB, 1900x525px
Are people in Japan like:
>You knoe who needs a NECA?
>Went to this store called "Waru Maruto". Found the DC Super Hero girls toys and theyre REALLY CHEAP over here!
>Finally got my hands on some Star Fox figures. they were Y2500 each and are a little fragile but you get what you paid for
>>
>japan buying anything other than flavor-of-the-week anime girls
>>
>>5870039
This. Japan has incredibly shit taste.
>>
>you knoe who needs a __________? the line is dead? okay let me make a custom
>here's a 20000 yen statue of the flavor of the month anime, let's strip it and replace the head with something wacky
>this 400 yen gatcha is the single most valuable toy in my collection, here it is in ever toy photo I will make for about two months before finding a slightly cooler gatcha
>>
If you go to 2chan's toy board, there's people posting pictures of their Marvel Legends, DC figures, NECA, etc. So someone's buying them there.
>>
>>5870074
they buy them ironically. They're like the hipsters of japan.
>>
>>5870150
>says the child that has never been to Japan
>>
>>5870150
No they don't. Jesus. There are people there who like Marvel and shit just like we enjoy anime, it's just not the same as those "ebin meme pictures" like the spongebob one tries to make it seem.
>>
File: Hideo Kojima.png (493KB, 680x273px) Image search: [Google]
Hideo Kojima.png
493KB, 680x273px
>>5870034
>>
>>5870034
In japan, their Waifus are live action American actresses
>>
>>5870034
I was just in Akihabara yesterday doing some souvenir shopping and saw some american toys selling for pretty hefty prices. I saw a terribull selling for 5000 yen at one shop. And a Classics Megatron selling for 7800. So yeah, there must be at least some interest in american releases of toys there.
>>
File: sensible chuckle.gif (993KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
sensible chuckle.gif
993KB, 250x250px
>>5870034
>Finally got my hands on some Star Fox figures. they were Y2500 each and are a little fragile but you get what you paid for
Well played
>>
>>5870232
>>5870290
hahahaha like fucking poetry
>>
>>5870417

So... all of the anons on /tv/ then?

Gotcha.
>>
>>5871206
>And a Classics Megatron selling for 7800.

Japanese people liking giant robots? Stop the fucking presses.

But really, though, that's a kind of highly sought after figure, no matter where you go, plus just like how we pay more importing shit from Japan (especially if you buy imports from a shop or site in your own country) they pay more for shit they import too.
>>
Almost no japanese collector cares about western toys.

To the guy talking about TFs: Hasbro TFs are sold everywhere in the world including Japan. Kids usually get the cheaper Hasbro ones, collectors usually get the more expensive Takara ones.
>>
>>5871372
It's not an import.
>>
You know who needs a jakks pacific
>>
>>5870052
you are japanese or something?
>>
>>5872214
Well I'm flip but it's basically the same.
>>
>>5872219
LOL!!!!
being Filipino the same as being Japanese
LOL!!!!!!!!!!
the Philippines are the niggers of Asia ( not even Asian you are pacific islanders) while Japanese are like beautiful unicorns.
no comparison at all.
when Filipinos start making figures... or anything other than shitty food i will listen to your opinion.
>>
>>5872219
Flips are the equivalent of mexicans in california. Service sector economy and societl positions.
>>
>>5872427
I'm a real Mexican and I approve this message!
>>
File: toysrus.jpg (526KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
toysrus.jpg
526KB, 1200x900px
>>5870074
This, the ToysRUs is very similar, only with aisles dedicated to Ultraman and Gunpla instead of whatever else. They have Lego sections too, and even sections dedicated to like this anon said ML and other state-side toy lines. Japanese toys are slowly creeping into the state market, as seen in Barnes & Nobles and sometimes ToysRUs.
>>
>>5872757
>Japanese toys are slowly creeping back into the state market
Fixed that for you
Early 00s had a ton of Japanese toys everywhere until the crash in the mid-00s. Even WalMart had been carrying gunpla back then.

Today's market is way more limited and mostly found online.
>>
>>5872328
Japs are the inbred, radioactive cucks of Asia.
>>
File: 1388715453685.jpg (16KB, 737x378px) Image search: [Google]
1388715453685.jpg
16KB, 737x378px
>>5872757
>they even have those shitty knock off military toys

I don't know why I find this so fascinating.
>>
>>5872823
All TRUs stock their home-brands I think, including that military line.
>>
>>5872777
the glory days mane

i remember going to toy stores as a kid and finding eva, dbz, gundam, tenchi muyo, you name it. asian immigrants with mall kiosks and flea market booths as there was a market for those imports with kids. aaaaa
>>
>>5872427
Also they were part of Mexico territories in the past.
>>
>>5872757

> Shopping for collectible toys at TRU Japan ワラワラ wwwwwwwwww
>>
There's certainly a market for it, especially NECA and Star Wars stuff, but it's pretty niche. Although a lot of the big online retailers like Amiami import American toys for sale to Japanese audiences, and magazines like Hobby Japan have monthly sections for American stuff, so the demand is evidently there.
>>
>>5872981
Well, if it matters at all Barnes and Noble has DBZ toys, gunpla and other Japanese stuff.
Even idolshit.
>>
>>5873508
>star wars
>niche
Japan fucking loves Star Wars. They eat that shit up.
>>
>>5873520
Not really.
>>
>>5873520
I meant that importing American Star Wars toys is niche, not that Star Wars itself is niche.
>>
>>5873644
As someone who actually lived over there for a relatively long period of time, I can say that you're wrong.
>>
>>5870290
Man, I could have sworn that Kenichi was older than 2011.

Fuck this flying time.
>>
File: Ken-Sama.png (117KB, 935x391px) Image search: [Google]
Ken-Sama.png
117KB, 935x391px
>>5873741
It's older than /toy/ and probably from the goons days, so its a pretty old macro.

Someone screen capping oldass copypasta thinking it's new are such newfags.
>>
>>5873731
As someone who's the Japanese wife lived there for 21 years, I can say I'm not.
>>
>>5874600
>a girl knowing anything about geek and nerd culture, muchless a celebrated renown sci fi series
Cheap plastic star wars toys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSTpgR7FXO8
>>
>>5874837
Nice bait.
>>
>>5874837
>space monks using magic
>sci fi
>>
>>5872328
>or anything other than shitty food
fuck you, our spaghetti, stick barbecue, and dinner rolls are way better than yours
>>
File: ringworld ship.jpg (187KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
ringworld ship.jpg
187KB, 1280x853px
>>5874859
Sure, it's an extreme example of how little females care about the most epic sci fi series of all time, but even from /toy/'s thread asking the fems what they're interested in, almost no one there said anything about buying Star Wars toys.
Fact of life.

>>5874864
>implying any mainstream action sci fi series don't use big words to pretend everything on screen isn't magic.
Do you know boring real science fiction would be to anyone but the most nerdy ardent fan?

Even hard sci fi requires magic to make it interesting.

BTW, if you haven't read this yet, do it right now. Don't be a faggot.
>>
>>5874877
>implying any mainstream action sci fi series don't use big words to pretend everything on screen isn't magic.
>Do you know boring real science fiction would be to anyone but the most nerdy ardent fan?
>Even hard sci fi requires magic to make it interesting.
SW fans ladies and gentlemen.
>>
>>5874877
It's bait because you're deliberately ignoring the follow up video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_E_LAhYRkdc
>>
File: monolith.jpg (85KB, 660x710px) Image search: [Google]
monolith.jpg
85KB, 660x710px
>>5874883
>ruining the joke
point still stands though.

>>5874879
>faggot who's never read ringworld
Big talk from someone i bet hasn't even seen 2001, which also requires magic.
>>
>>5874892
It was a bad joke.

>point still stands though.
You don't have a point.
>>
>>5874902
>You don't have a point.
Sure i do, and it's the fact that even on a board about collecting toys, girls liking star wars are almost nonexistent.

>ib4 GIRLS* only now stepping to self report their interest in it
*guys in real life
too late now without sounding fake as fuck. should have done it in the girls thread.
>>
>>5874600
My difficulty buying tickets to Episode 7 last year for the first couple of days when the movie opened contests to the fact that yes, Japan evidently do give a shit about Star Wars.

>As someone who's the Japanese wife lived there

Given you can't even type out a sentence properly, I don't really give you the benefit of the doubt that you have any clue about what's going on around you.
>>
>>5874916
>b-but I don't want g-g-g-GIRLS to have the same hobby as me! I d-don't even know how to t-talk to them!
>>
>>5871372
I mean the purple and green hasbro version, not the silver heikei version.
>>
>>5874892
You're wrong and also an idiot. Bet you're American.
>>
>>5873731
Really? Then why were the majority of theatres in Japan not sold out for the release of the latest Star Wars? I saw it three times on opening day and not one theatre was even half full.
>>
>>5875186
Not everyone seemed to have the same experience >>5874927
>>
>>5875186
I call bullshit and doubt you're even remotely close to the country. Friends of mine living in Japan all said the theaters were packed and you needed to have reserved tickets to stand any chance of seeing it.
>>
>>5875191
I live in Shinjuku and not one theatre that I called up was even NEAR selling out. Call as much bullshit as you want.
>>
>>5874927
You definitely didn't go a lot to the movies when you were in Japan. Also excuse me for not being an expert in my 4th language. Of course you write, speak and read at least 4th languages too, right?

I love how so many people in the West act like they're experts on some subjects while the very little they know thanks to one short and almost always irrelevant experience means absolutely nothing. I never met anyone from the East with such a superiority complex.
>>
>>5875280
>I love how so many people in the West act like they're experts on some subjects while the very little they know thanks to one short and almost always irrelevant experience means absolutely nothing. I never met anyone from the East with such a superiority complex

>can't see the irony in displaying such a personal superiority complex by making blanket statements like that
>>
>>5874927
What does grammar skills have to do with anything?

You're scraping here.
>>
>>5875280
Pentalingual, fuck you and your assumptions.
>>
>>5875289
Sure, if you completely ignore the first half of the post.
>>
>>5875294
Doesn't excuse the fact that you were grasping straws there to 'disprove' that anon even further.
Not that it matters anyway, since you and that anon's argument here is pointless as it's a fucking stalemate.

You guys should go fuck.
>>
>>5875301
I don't think you know what "grasping at straws" means. Poor show from someone who claims to read and speak four languages. (Don't try to pretend it's not (You).
>>
File: dawe.png (49KB, 1006x624px) Image search: [Google]
dawe.png
49KB, 1006x624px
>>5875303
Nah, you really are quite desperate.
>>
>>5875292
Haha, sure.
>>
>>5875284
It's not irony. I know about this subject. You think you know but you're wrong. That's a fact you should get over.
>>
>>5875303
>gets btfo
>b-but everyone is samefag!
Aaand the cycle is complete. Next idiot, please.
>>
>>5875284
>person 1 "lived over there for a relatively long period of time"
>person 2 is married to a woman who lived there for 21 years
>person 3 is actually living there
>person 2 and 3 say the exact same thing
>person 1 is somewhat right
Are you fucking dense m8?
>>
>>5875337
>reading comprehension
>>
>>5875349
Yes, It's something you lack.
>>
>idiots arguing over whether Star wars is popular in Japan
>using anecdotal evidence to try and prove claims
>no one bothers to actually look if the movies aren't super popular
Number one movie in Japan for 2015, despite only being out two weeks
1 Star Wars: The Force Awakens Disney $97,862,640 12/18

It's pretty clear that any claims contrary to the facts is full of shit and doesn't know anyone in Japan, muchless live there.
Ofcourse, all is forgiven if their GF or wife is Japanese, because girls know shit about iconic sci fi movies like Star Wars. They can't help not knowing about awesome geekery.
>>
>>5875417
Nice comeback, if your original post wasn't flat out retarded to begin with.
>>
>>5875808
>It's pretty clear that any claims contrary to the facts is full of shit and doesn't know anyone in Japan, muchless live there.
I'm looking at you Mr "I live in Shinjuku".
>>
>>5875808
How about comparing that to how the movie did in other countries? You don't even understand what you read. God you're dumb.
>>
>>5876131
>biggest opening of all time in Japan was Harvest of the Blue Sith
>it doesn't matter its one of the most watched movies of all time in Japan, because it didnt make as much money as it did in the US
Is this what you're really trying to say?

BTW, are you the same retard who doesn't know what the subject in a sentence is? I really don't think /toy/ would have more people with as little brain power as you.
>>
>>5876243
Holy shit you're a super dense one.
>>
>>5876254
>japan doesn't like movies
ok, that makes even more sense.

Is there anyway for you to make an actual point, or are you too scared that your arguments are all shit and need a lot of room backpedal?
>>
I can confirm OP is partially true. I have a friend who works and lives in Japan now. He's already fed up with weeb shit thrown everywhere. When we recently met, we just looked for western figures
>>
>>5876257
You can't even read a simple fucking comment without understanding it
wrong, I just read the whole thread and I can say for sure you're one goddam retarded kid. The fact that you're still arguing even though you're the only one defending your stupid and based on nothing assumption and that you've been btfo by several persons knowing way more than you do on this subject is more than enough to prove how retarded you are. Any sane person in your shoes would have stopped arguing a long time ago. Go ahead, keep posting, show the world how much of a moron you are, it won't change the truth which is Japan doesn't care much for your precious Christian space bullshit toys. Get over it.
>>
File: chocolate-milk.jpg (20KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
chocolate-milk.jpg
20KB, 500x334px
>>5876267
>i love talking and never making a point, because i can only shit talk like I'm playing call of duty, kid!
you're so mature and totally pwned me on how a movie making more money than anything else in Japan means it's not popular there

here's your chocolate milk
>>
>>5876267
I have no stake in this little lover's tiff you cunts are having, but fucking hell, all that dancing around and not even making a point...Whew lad. I don't even know which side of the argument you're even on and I can say you're losing badly.
It's like those essay questions we used to have on tests in 6th grade when somebody had no clue as to what the right answer was. They'd just write in circles trying to fill the required word count, and not come close to making a point.

The anon up thread had it right. You two should just shut up and fuck already.
>>
OP's first post doesn't even make any sense. Shouldn't this be in /b/ or something?
>>
>>5876267
Wow, you're really taking this personally. You have actually data thrown your way and all all you can fire back is with "you know nothing! You're getting BTFO LOL!"

You may have had a leg to stand on earlier in the thread but pushing it has just proved you don't have any substance and just resort to calling the other guy names.

Is it all because your boneheaded spastic of a wife doesn't know what the fuck she's talking about and you have to desperately defend her?
>>
>>5876450
how does it not make sense?
>>
>>5876498
OP is shitting all over the place
>>
>>5876497
I'm pretty sure he has no wife and just needs to pretend shit like most every other weeaboo who dislikes western stuff.
>>
That samefagging is totally not obvious.
>>
File: confirmation bias.png (406KB, 900x855px) Image search: [Google]
confirmation bias.png
406KB, 900x855px
>>5876581
>im mad and annoyed that anyone disagrees with me, thus everyone who does is samefag
>>
>>5877611
There's a difference between obvious samefagging and that. Learn to spot the difference, it could save your live.
>>
>>5877725
>everyone who disagrees with me is samefag
>everyone who agrees with me is the majority
>denies claims of movie series making a ton of money there
>all anecdotal evidence in the thread is proof im right
>not confirmation bias
seriously, this is as bad as that guy who doesn't know what the subject in the sentence is.
>>
>>5878138
>>5876581 and >>5877725 (You) were my first posts ITT, genius.
I just find it hilarious that you've been blown the fuck out by several persons with nobody to back you up for a while then as soon as someone pointed it out, several white knights magically appeared. You're so fucking obvious it's funny but also somewhat sad.
>>
>>5870034
It's Japan, not Bizzaro world...
>>
File: stormtrooperscompared.jpg (12KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
stormtrooperscompared.jpg
12KB, 300x168px
>>5878398
same could be said about you, pretending to be new to this thread and trying to defend that guy who says star wars isn't popular in japan.

Why would you even defend someone who is obviously so wrong?

That means there's two delusional retards in this thread, one of which pretends to have a Japenese wife.
The facts are against you and him.

Ignore the fact that the movies make more money than anything else in Japan. How about realizing that once Hasbro started sub-licensing the license, three toy manufactures were falling over themselves and rushing out figures as fast as possible, without caring about how bad their figures looked. They can only release their figures in Japan, yet somehow, it's not popular there?
>>
>>5879238
I'm not defending anyone dumbass, learn to read. I'm only stating facts.
>>
>>5872328
Spot the jap
>>
>>5874869

I've seen Chinese, Japanese, Taiwanese, Korean BBQ, and Indian restaurants. Never seen a Phillipeno Restaurant.
>>
>>5872848
As a former employee, I can confirm this.
>>
>>5879831
>stating facts
>implying you're a mod
>I'm not defending anyone
>implying claiming samefag isn't the last desperate defense to pretend that you're not wrong and popular opinion dictates what's true or not
Sure is one of the two delusional retards in this thread
>>
>>5883518
You're a sad stupid thing.
Thread posts: 101
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.