[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, question; when you're making an offer on a figure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: yfw.jpg (1MB, 2304x3456px) Image search: [Google]
yfw.jpg
1MB, 2304x3456px
Hey guys, question; when you're making an offer on a figure on ebay, say it's $29.99, you offer 24, is that a reasonable offer? Especially when they have it listed as 'more than 10 available'? I also don't understand that when they counteroffer, it's for 28.99, what's the point of having the option to haggle when clearly they won't? I had another guy counter me with an offer 70cents less than the buy it now price.

Tldr; what are reasonable asking prices for making an offer on ebay?
>>
Some sellers are retarded. There's nothing to explain.
>>
>>5869871
Just stop being a poorfag and pay what their asking.
Or find somebody offering it cheaper.
>>
1. Sellers are dumb
2. They want it to appear like you're getting a deal/or they are open to you getting a deal
3. Sellers are dumb
4. Sellers want $$$
5. Sellers are dumb
>>
>>5869873
>>5869899

Thank for the replies, I wasn't sure if I was missing something, or they were retarded.
>>
>>5869871
>I also don't understand that when they counteroffer, it's for 28.99, what's the point of having the option to haggle when clearly they won't?

Not sure how it works on eBay, but generally haggling doesn't generally involve you offering less than what someone wants, and them just agreeing to it. It's why one of the basic strategies of price negotiation is to ask for more of a markdown than you actually want, knowing that their counteroffer is going to be less of a markdown than what you want, and you go back and forth like that until you get to where you want to be.
>>
>>5869871
A lot of sellers on ebay are retarded scalpers and refuse to sell anything more than their imagined marked up price. What most of them dont understand is, an item is only worth what a consumer is willing to pay for it. It drives me nuts because a lot of these sellers follow the trends of other dumbass sellers on Ebay. Fine example is look at the Revo skeletons on ebay at 140+ dollars while they're 50 bucks on Mandy and the newer ones are still at retail.
>>
>>5869873
this.

If you list it with the option to make an offer they should allow a few bucks here and there, but to only allow within 1-2 is a waste of time, go elsewhere and don't do business with these people.

I find myself sticking to auctions, buy it now or ebay people who aren't shop fronts with 100% ratings (though the later there sometimes has retards that think a counter off of 5cents is good)
>>
Best offer allowed is clicked by default and you can't turn it off for good. If you're listing a ton of shit at once it's annoying because you have to click the box 15 times to turn it off. You entitled poorfags should fuck off, and be happy sellers will take any amount off the item they are selling. You faggots who offer $5 on a $10 item that has free shipping are annoying as fuck.
>>
>>5870523
And a lot of eBay shoppers are retarded poorfags who won't pay a cent over half off and cry like petulant children when they don't get what they want.
>>
>>5871982
>>5871634
pretty much this

Find someone else to buy from if you don't like only getting a dollar off the asking price.
>>
The poorest fags are usually the biggest problems anyway. Nobody gets upset about a late delivery or scuffed card like a poorfag that's skipped 3 meals to afford super econo shipping on their Funko Pop.
>>
The only thing I like about free shipping is how poorfags just can't see they're getting scammed. Every vendor I know that offers "free" shipping just builds the upper range to their price. Thus, local buyers actually overpay for shipping. Total screw job.

Only way I'd consider doing free shipping is with an order size threshold (where it rwally is free in exchange for clearing out my stock room faster). But toy collectors rarely seem to have more than $20 in their pockets so it'd be a token gesture.
>>
>>5870077
They're not retarded, they want the money.
>>
>>5869871
I've been wheelin and dealin on Ebay since 2001. They always do this shit. They want you to pay what they're asking 99% of the time. I'm not even sure why sellers do this. I think most of them are sadists that enjoy turning people down
>>
I usually make an offer down to the nearest number divisible by 5 (or if its really close, the next one). This is usually $3-$6 off, which is not unreasonable. If its not accepted, then I know the seller is full of shit and stop trying. I'd say they take the offer 85% of the time.
>>
buyers are some of the most retarded people as well, make no mistake

I'll have things listed for retail or less on BIN and inevitably some poorfag will message asking if I will accept 50% that price..its like i'm at a garage sale or something
>>
Poorfags need to fuck off. I have my stuff lowest price on eBay, but can't turn offers off permanently and get offered even lower than my already low price and they tell me I'm getting a fair price. Sellers have a right to refuse your sht, stop being entitled brats. Feel free to lowball, but don't expect sellers to humor you.
>>
>>5878433
The time you spent bitching about "poorfags" would have been better spent fixing your listings so you don't have that problem.
>>
>>5878433
It's seriously a fucking epidemic.

JUST

The word "scalper" has lost all basis is reality.

Ironically, calling everybody who can't sell toys at a massive loss as a scalper drives away small businesses who would've provided supply to effectively thwart scalping. Don't want to pay MSRP so I can make a buck or two? Fine. Have fun competing for more limited supply held hostage by scalpers with nobody to keep their prices in line.

>>5878569
Give that girl back her phone and crawl back into your box Pedro.
>>
>>5869871
>Hey guys, question; when you're making an offer on a figure on ebay, say it's $29.99, you offer 24, is that a reasonable offer? Especially when they have it listed as 'more than 10 available'?

You asked for $5 off, which is around 20% off, it may or may not be reasonable.

>I also don't understand that when they counteroffer, it's for 28.99, what's the point of having the option to haggle when clearly they won't?

They lower the price by $1 , that's around 4% off. They clearly did haggle with you.

>I had another guy counter me with an offer 70cents less than the buy it now price.

70cent of what?, but it doesn't matter anyways.
Here's what any normal person will do. IF you don't like the price, DONT BUY IT. it's really just that simple.

You toss out what number you think it's worth, not lowballing. Seller will think about your offer and counter. you can go back and forth more. If the price is still too much for you, then don't buy it and get it from someone selling it for cheaper since you feel this seller price is too high so obvious there's another seller selling it for cheaper.
>>
>>5879172
Listen to this guy. He knows what he is talking about. If you don't like a sellers price, go elsewhere
>>
Kek butthurt vendors on /toy/.
>>
Anybody who puts up a buy it now item on ebay, and who isn't a retailer, is garbage. Just do a fucking auction goddamn
>>
>>5879559
Butthurt poorfag detected. I know it's tough for you to scrounge up those extra $2 for that $10 item but I won't give you 20% off amigo.
>>
>>5879595
Go on, post more stories about those mean ol' poorfags, toyman.
>>
>>5879575
Nah, fuck that, I don't have time for that shit anymore. eBays quickly becoming the only place to get certain older items as forums have mostly died and their BSTs are even more bare.
>>
>>5879575
Auctions are dead and eBay's format was shit to begin with. Get over it.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.