[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does the pledge with future bottle look like this now? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: floorcare_multisurface_l.jpg (50KB, 292x644px) Image search: [Google]
floorcare_multisurface_l.jpg
50KB, 292x644px
Does the pledge with future bottle look like this now? I'm not sure which one to buy, they don't say 'with future' any more. Yet when I google, Walmart is selling this bottle advertising 'with future'

Speaking of, what the hell was the first person that used this thinking?
"Yeah the hips on my transformers are pretty loose, I should put some floor polish on it"
It's like the first person that smoked
"I'm going to take this plant, put it into a leaf, light it on fire and inhale it"
Like what??
>>
you could just buy clear acrylic paint you know. same thing just that you'll have no doubts about the contents.
>>
>>5863607
>what the hell was the first person that used this thinking?
First person was probably a modeller who noticed the acrylic content and thought that it would be a cheap and easy source of clear paint.
>>
>>5863607
>Does the pledge with future bottle look like this now?
Yes.

Y'know, people use it for more than loose joints. If you dip transparent polycarbonate plastic in it, it fills in the microabrasions and makes plastic "windows" look much more clear.
>>
>>5863607
Any kind of clear acrylic floor polish/sealer will work. There's nothing magical about Future. Autists get a brand name stuck in their head and that's all they remember.
I've used a regular store brand generic for years and it works just as good.
>>
>>5864268
This. It's just an acrylic floor finish. It's an entire category of floor finishes next to wax.
>>
>>5863610
no acrylic paint is not the same thing as acrylic floor finish. if you try to use acrylic paint to tighten your toy's ball joints, the paint will just flake off when you use the joints.
>>
>>5863607
>>5863607
It's fucking liquid magic in a bottle. Anyone telling you otherwise is trying to sell you jew oil.
>>
File: UUUU.jpg (321KB, 950x1253px) Image search: [Google]
UUUU.jpg
321KB, 950x1253px
>>5863607

Yeah this is it. Any acrylic floor polish will work but if you want something "safe" just go with this. I have the exact same thing and have used it for some pain in the ass ball joints and mushroom peg swivels and it worked like a charm. Just be sure to do multiple coats if you want something tighter and let it sit for a good long while.
>>
>>5864345
>"safe"
How fucking safe do you need to be with acrylic floor polish? None of them will hurt the plastic.
>>
>>5864377

"Safe" as in this is the exact same thing people refer to when they say pledge with future and it will not fuck up what you put it on if you're too retarded to look for other acrylic polishes.

It would be kind of hard to fuck up and by buy floor polish that would damage plastics, but I imagine someone's done it before.
>>
>>5863607
Yes that works. I bought some of that exact kind this week. Works exactly how it should.
>>
>>5863607
>>5864404
is there still a "wood floors" version? i know OP's pic shows wood anyway, but i just want to know. ive read in threads past that the wood version doesnt work
>>
File: liquitex acrylic varnish.jpg (12KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
liquitex acrylic varnish.jpg
12KB, 300x300px
>>5864289
>never used quality acrylics
Stop using craft paint

This is more useful.
>>
Unfamiliar with this so pardon my question but does this stuff help for poping out and loose joints?
>>
>>5864675
Maybe
>>
>>5863607
DO NOT use this shit with PVC, it will speed up its degradation
>>
>>5864684
Helpful.
>>
>>5864377
>How fucking safe do you need to be with acrylic floor polish? None of them will hurt the plastic.
What's really nice about this is that if you make a mistake applying it, you can just use Windex to remove it.
>>
>>5864582
Any advantage to spending 4x more for this? I use Pledge and it works perfectly well.
>>
>>5864690
So I can't use it on ball joints or something?
>>
>>5864582
unless that can fix die-cast joints looseness, no.
>>
File: IMG_20160819_123006.jpg (175KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160819_123006.jpg
175KB, 1024x768px
So I used a shot ton of this stuff on these really loose ball joints about six months ago. Just last night I tried to adjust the legs and they were seriously fused. I had a he'll of a time even removing the broken balls from the socket. It felt like super glue. Is this stuff supposed to get this hard? I was about to use it on my new figma hulk but I'm afraid to now.
I'm not heart broken broken bats...it was a flawed figure I picked up second hand. But it's kinda sad.
>>
>>5865321
>...it was a flawed figure I picked up second hand. But it's kinda sad.
How much did you a for it, and where exactly?
>>
>>5865332
>pay for it
>>
>>5865332
I don't remember the exact price... it was definitely toy Bst bro pricing. I'm going to glue him back together and display him again...no fear. Or maybe I'll get him a 1/12 scale bat chair.
>>
>>5865345
I'm asking this because there's a lot of bootlegs in circulation of the figure.

It looks like you actually twisted the joint instead of moving the leg on the ball-joint. Floor polish doesn't just get stuck like that, man.
>>
>>5865321
I've never had that happen with pledge.
How long did you let it dry before putting him back together? I always wait 12+ hours. But even if it did stick together, this shit isn't exactly super glue.
>>
>>5865363
I probably put a whole bunch on the ball and inside the socket and put them together still wet. things were fine for a long time.... then after not touching him for several months it was totally fused.

I didn't hamhand him. I know how to move a leg around. I almost couldn't get the ball joint out with needle nosed pliers, It really did feel like superglue.
>>
>>5865228
archival safe

But other than using less chemicals and being able to use it for actual painting, there's no real advantage
>>
>>5865375
Had that happen to me. I ran the joints under warm water for a little while and they ended up softening the Pledge until the joint moved.

>>5864546
Yeah, there's a kind made for wood floors. Says so on the bottle.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.