[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You knoe what versions of the TMNT need new figures but probably

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 12

File: 2k3.jpg (139KB, 500x359px) Image search: [Google]
2k3.jpg
139KB, 500x359px
You knoe what versions of the TMNT need new figures but probably won't due to 80s nostalgiafagging everywhere?
>>
Cool, some ninja turtles that look like all the other ninja turtles
>>
>>5861521
They actually don't.

I'm an 80's TMNT nostalgiafag and even I can admit that the 2K turtles had some really cool designs and possibly the best storyline outside the comics.

I'd love to see modern retakes of their future perfect designs.
>>
Love the 80s show bit the 2003 show was amazing. I used to a big collection of the figures from that line when I was younger but sold them all :/
>>
>>5861517
>won't due to 80s nostalgiafagging everywhere?

What's with the 03 fans big beef with fans of the 80's version? The 80's one was the first and what everyone knows them from and where the majority of toys and videogames come from on top of 3 full live action movies.

I've never seen anyone hate or really have anything against the 03 version, it just came out at a time where 80's nostalgia wasn't in full swing for the turtles yet.
>>
>>5865771
its not just 03 fans

and ythe answer is right there in your post, you think the old toon was the "first" when it all started with comic books.

pretty much everyone outside of hardcore turtles fans refuses to accept non-old toon versions or at least respect them
>>
>>5866271
You know how some bands aren't actually one hit wonders, but are considered that because one song is WAAAY more famous than the other?
I really don't think Turtles would be known by anyone except REALLY hardcore fans without the 80's cartoon.
Plus we live in a world where people say shit like, "(X) raped my childhood by being different!"
>>
>>5866294
The comic itself had merchandising & movie offers well before Playmates/Fred Wolf came into the picture. It started an indie black/white comics boom, they had collaborations/pin ups from legends that inspired them.

TMNT may not have been Pokemon level popular without the old cartoon, but certainly Hellboy or Spawn tier or something like that. It was doing just fine on its own.
>>
File: nostalgiacomic.gif (101KB, 500x657px) Image search: [Google]
nostalgiacomic.gif
101KB, 500x657px
>>5866406
>109 TMNT Ongoing 55 $3.99 IDW 19,631
>131 Spawn 261 $2.99 Image 16,949
>155 Hellboy & BPRD 1953 Beyond The Fences 1 $3.50 Dark Horse 12,944
vs
Pokémon GO earns $1898109 in estimated daily revenue and gets 173771 daily downloads
It's like godzilla vs bambi

Also
> It started an indie black/white comics boom,
lol
not even peanuts compared to the actual money and popularity of mainstream comics back then

Honestly, i don't even get why you want to pretend that TMNT would have gotten anywhere without the cartoon. All for the sake of your love for the original comics or just because you're wishing the media was pandering to your era of nostalgiashit?
>>
>>5866417
I never said they were revenue equals, I just meant that Pokemon's debut in the states was very similar to Turtlemania. It was everywhere.

Never said anything about how their returns compared to that of the big 2. But in their market, indie, they did well.

I'm not pretending. It got where it did up until '87 without the cartoon, & would've continued being at least as successful as it had been to that point, if not better than that, without it. That's just common sense.

Does it owe most of it's success to the 'toon? Yes, absolutely. But it only got a cartoon in the first place because it generated a lot of buzz independently.

Why do you feel the need to be such a jerk?
>>
File: garbage-pail-kids-movie.jpg (83KB, 658x370px) Image search: [Google]
garbage-pail-kids-movie.jpg
83KB, 658x370px
>>5866424
>would've continued being at least as successful as it had been to that point, if not better than that, without it. That's just common sense.
But this isn't even common sense. How could it have been better without anything to make it stand out without the boost?
Most shit goes down in popular as time goes down. THIS is common sense.

Without the cartoon, this is what TMNT would be remembered like today. Tiny niche nostalgiashit that would be liked and remembered by 20 thousand people.

I'm not even saying the original comics are bad, I'm just saying that the reality is that it would be mostly unknown and few people would give a shit about it, which is what that other guy said and his analogy about one hit wonders.
>>
>>5865771
Most of them are younger than the 80's version fans. They're from an entitled generation with absolutely no patience.

To all the bitching 2003 fans: it took 29 years for the original cartoon to finally get a great representation of the characters with the S.H.Figuarts. Stop bitching until 2032.
>>
>>5861517

Quit crying and be glad the only good parts of 2k3 have been appropriated to the IDW and 2012 toon.
>>
>>5866438
>How could it have been better without anything to make it stand out without the boost?

See >>5866406
>The comic itself had merchandising & movie offers well before Playmates/Fred Wolf came into the picture.

I'm not saying it'd carve it's space in history by remaining an underground comic (though it could've happened, you never know). Just that it didn't have to be that particular cartoon to get them out there. Interested parties existed. Roger Corman approached Eastman & Laird about making a film early on & so did others. They were getting RPG's made, figurines, crossing over with other properties & collaborating with prominent artists. Again, I'm not saying it would've been the new Spiderman...

GPK is/was pretty big in it's own right, that's not necessarily a bad comparison to make, you know. I think calling it tiny is off base, however.
>>
File: tmnt neca.jpg (159KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tmnt neca.jpg
159KB, 1280x720px
>>5866439
> it took 29 years for the original cartoon to finally get a great representation of the characters with the S.H.Figuarts
But those represenations aren't even from the 80s cartoon. They're from 90s and 00s merchandise artwork done by 99¢ party favor companies.

Only NECA has done proper representations, for the 80s cartoon, 80s comic, and 80s arcade game.
>>
>>5866448
>NECA 80's cartoon proper representation
wat
>>
File: mario bros.jpg (296KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
mario bros.jpg
296KB, 960x1440px
>>5866447
> Interested parties existed. Roger Corman approached Eastman & Laird about making a film early on & so did others
There's a reason why i used the Garbage Pail Kids movie as an example of how TMNT would have turned out without the cartoon.

Have you seen the type of shit Hollywood does to existing franchises to try and make it "popular" for the mainstream?

There's no doubt in my mind that the TMNT film could exist the way it did if it weren't for the cartoon proving you can keep the fucking characters and plot intact that wasn't hollywoodized and be popular.
TMNT would be considered a joke and a terrible franchise, and you wouldn't be here even talking about the comic, because it's better to forget something even associated with such trash

of course, mario bros escaped such ridicule, because it was selling millions and millions awesome amazing shit back then. Compare that to TMNT's ten thousand readers back then, if even that.
>>
>>5866466
>TMNT would be considered a joke and a terrible franchise

You keep saying stuff like this as if it's fact. There's no way to say for sure. All I know is that it stood a chance to do well without the cartoon, because it was already gradually rising in popularity.

>Compare that to TMNT's ten thousand readers back then, if even that.

It was greater than that, actually.

>>5866448
Oh God, please don't tell me it's you, the "party favor" guy I've been talking to this whole time. No wonder.
>>
File: He Man masters4.jpg (73KB, 565x318px) Image search: [Google]
He Man masters4.jpg
73KB, 565x318px
>>5866472
>There's no way to say for sure.
Sure there is.
It's fucking Hollywood and coke was free for all producers, directors, and execs.

It's a more sure thing than you ever becoming a fan of the comic series and believing it could have been Cerebus or anything close to that without the cartoon.
Were you even born in the 80s or before?
>>
>>5866464

The Arcade Style figures are the 80s toon sculpts.
>>
>>5866479

May be the right sculpt, but how is it a proper representation of the cartoon? Unless you repaint them to look that way, it's not.
>>
>>5866479
>>5866483 is right but anyway, that would still mean "wait for 2032."
>>
>>5866439
It's funny, because OP didn't even say Figuarts. He just said new figures.

Gotta have a stick up there, huh?
>>
>>5866490
The S.H.Figuarts are the first good figures we're getting from any TMNT cartoon ever. I highly doubt OP meant "you know who need shitty figures"?

Gotta be an idiot there, huh?
>>
>>5866504
NECA's offerings weren't, Mondo's stuff looks very solid (shame about it being 1/6).

Don't argue about semantics just to excuse your shit reading comprehension and attitude. I'm not as petty to argue about that.
>>
>>5866507
>Don't argue about semantics just to excuse your shit reading comprehension and attitude. I'm not as petty to argue about that.
Could you project even more? Shit, I litteraly laughed out loud while reading your post.
>>
>>5866271
>you think the old toon was the "first" when it all started with comic books.

I know if started with the comic books but normies knew shit about them until the Cartoon aired and now TMNT is a household name.
>>
>>5866504

Get a load of this ungrateful faggot.
>>
>>5866908
I'm not the one bitching about the lack of figures.
>>
>>5866504
playmate's look faithful to the cartoon, which makes thwm better when you find one with good paint apps
>>
>>5861517
How about at the very least a 2003 Shredder that actually has articulation?

Actually, just give me any Shredder that doesn't look like a Transformer and has decent articulation. Is that seriously too tall an order?
>>
>>5867245

You're the one being a cunt.
>>
>>5867449
The NECA arcade Shredder and there's an upcoming SHF '87 Shredder.
>>
>>5870106
I own the NECA arcade Shredder, and having handled it, it's pretty obvious it's just a repaint of the Mirage Shredder. It's not really all that faithful to the cartoon shredder or the video game Shredder.

I'm really looking forward to the SHF Shredder though. And I also think the First Gokin Oroku Saki looks damn good as well. Though I can see why he wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea.
>>
>>5861544
>They actually don't.

It's the same turtle design as ever drawn in a different style. The only turtles that don't look the same are the new movie ones and the 90's Jim Lee designs.
>>
2k3 fans are the saltiest of bitches, I swear to God.
>>
File: generation y C&H.jpg (120KB, 900x288px) Image search: [Google]
generation y C&H.jpg
120KB, 900x288px
>>5870243
Pretty much every kid born in the 90s is salty as fuck.
>>
>>5870106

And NECA confirmed 2 more Shredder figures coming.
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 640x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 640x200px
>>5870248
Technically Calvin would've been an 80s kid, but that comic is great none the less
>>
>>5870243
>>5870248

that's because the 80s were an utter shit decade yet people keep wanting to relive it, while the 90s were mostly great yet are being forgotten.
>>
>>5871777
People only think certain decades are "ze best thing ever" because they were kids when they happened, which means they saw the world through a kids eyes and therefore don't pay attention to all the shit that happened then
>>
>>5867462
I'm the one being right, and you know it.
>>
>>5871777
I doubt the 90's are going to be forgotten. Isn't 90's nostalgia what got the MMPR film greenlit? Just a matter of time before we see reboots of Street Sharks, Extreme Dinosaurs, Mighty Max, and all that other cool shit.

Not to mention how awesome the 90's cartoons were... 90's Disney afternoon cartoons are some of the greatest American children's cartoon series ever made. Not to mention Rocko's Modern Llife, Aaah Real Monsters, Rug Rats, Ren and Stimpy, and all that other cool shit.
>>
>>5871799
90s nostalgia is what's driving entertainment now it seems.

That's why we got another Jurassic park, a power rangers movie, and a shitty independance day 2. It's only a matter of time before we get things like a reboot of swat cats or something like Armageddon 2.

Then when the 2020s comes around they'll be all about that 2000s nostalgia
>>
>>5871810
I think it's part nostalgia, part hollywood execs not want to take risks, and part audiences are tired of the same reused mundane action movies. I can think of only four movies in the past 35 years that are still well known and considered classics that don't have some element of fantasy/sci-fi. Forest Gump, Breakfast Club, Saving Private Ryan and Titantic
>>
>>5871796

No, you're being a dumbass. I know that for certain.
>>
>>5871822
Still projecting, that's nice sweetie.
>>
File: 1398126656649.png (109KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1398126656649.png
109KB, 320x240px
>>5871810
>a reboot of swat cats
Please may this be a thing
>>
>>5861517

That show sucked and the toys didn't sell. Bury it in the past where it belongs.
>>
>>5871837

Says the troll that thinks the Japanese crap is any good.
>>
>>5871941
Oh, it's you. That explains everything.
>>
>>5871771
technically, calvin represents and reflects the generation and the news for the date it was printed.
Aka, 90s kids are all winners and deserve gold metals because they're all unique snowflakes who need to be coddled and given everything they want.
The world is unfair and spiteful when they're not given the limelight.

case in point: >>5871777 and of course, OP.
>>
>>5872006
>being this mad

Duke Nukem > Jem

Deal with it.

>inb4 "but DNF failed"

So did the Jem movie.
>>
>>5871777
30+ year olds want to relive the 80s and you complain that no one wants to relive the 90s when they aren't 30 yet.

Give it 5/10 more years and it will happen. It's already doing it to be honest.
>>
>>5872138
To be fair, neither of those are things anyone from either of those generations, or any other generation, care about now
>>
>>5871956
Go back to /b/ where you belong.
>>
File: stupid retarded shit.jpg (30KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
stupid retarded shit.jpg
30KB, 480x360px
>>5872138
I acknowledge you presence, even though i don't get what you're trying to say

>>5872141
I don't understand why anyone wants to relive stupid crap in the first place.
Nostalgia is a poison.
>>
>>5872243
>I don't understand why anyone wants to relive stupid crap in the first place.

mainly >>5871778. people should be glad they were born in a place and time that gave them the luxury of having a childhood worth reminiscing. I doubt there would be as much nostalgia for someone who grew up in a war torn hell hole.
>>
I'm still salty they basically remade turtles forever using the new turtles and are getting all the praise for it while leaving out the 2003 turtles entirely.
>>
>>5871931

Go back to eating your stale cereal and jerking off to yellow-jumpsuit April you old fuck.

>>5872302

Also one gag in an episode being them seeing the 80s turtles in another dimension. As well as the show CONSTANTLY shoving nostalgia and references to the 80s show in your face.

One think I really loved about 2K3 is that despite it starting out as modified adaptation of the comics, it eventually created it's own distinctive world and environment rather than taking shit from previous versions and smacking them all together like 2012.
>>
>>5872156
Sure thing projectokid.
>>
Can't you all just get along

I have a dream, that 80s nostalgiafags and 2000s nostalgiafags, can come together and just shit on shrekturtles
>>
>>5872778
Nah, 2003 faggots are too dumb and impatient.
>>
>>5872805

For example >>5872708
>>
>>5872998
Nice try butthurt dumb 2003 faggot.
>>
>>5861517
As someone who grew up with the 2003 series I think it's mediocre looking back on it.
The voice acting was often hokey and cheesy thanks to it using mostly 4Kids mainstays, the soundmixing was seriously godawful at times, and ultimately it's just a watered down version of the comics. Also not a fan of Utrom Shredder, feels like it defeats the purpose of his character.

That being said I love the designs of the turtles, Shredder, and Casey in-show and would be happy to see them get some actual decent figures. At least it's more likely than the IDW TMNT ever getting figures which is a shame.
>>
>>5866443
This. 2k3 is fucking cringe worthy to watch now. I'm not saying the original show isn't terrible and cheesy as fuck, but the sad part is that 2k3 actually thinks it's being gritty and cool when really all it will ever be is tv y7.
>>
>>5873005
Finally, someone with a sensible opinion of the show. It's really hard to have a proper discussion about it, since kids who watched the show as toddlers are now old enough to post here.

Although I watched the 87 show as a toddler and even I'm perceptive enough to realize it was just a fucking toy commercial.
>>
>>5873005
>>5873364

It is 9 thousand times better than the stupid 80s show, which sadly is viewed as an animated masterpiece due to 80sfags controlling entertainment.
>>
>>5873005
>>5873364

What the shell dudes, you just don't grasp it's deeper shellish meanings!
>>
>>5873371
The butthurts is real with this one. No good figures for you young one. Wait more.
>>
>>5873369
>Although I watched the 87 show as a toddler and even I'm perceptive enough to realize it was just a fucking toy commercial.
> it was just a fucking toy commercial.
I FUCKING WISH.

There were so many toys that never appeared in the cartoon and were mostly only ever found in the Archie comics.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.