[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the most you've paid in latecomer tax and was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: alppp.jpg (47KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
alppp.jpg
47KB, 400x400px
What's the most you've paid in latecomer tax and was it worth it?

>> pic related $130
>>
>>5850969
I paid ~140 for a figma Ryuko for a bud.
To see him happy I'd say it was worth it, but I also saw a Ryuko in the BST for ~$70 a couple weeks later and couldn't help but laugh.
>>
>>5850969
You didn't answer your own question. Was it worth it?
>>
>>5850969
>Fuck Off Shit Taste: The Faggot's Post

OOF!
>>
$400 quiet play arts
Yes actually I love it. I've been offered $800 for mine but I wanted her since she was a preorder.
>>
I paid 180 for figma Samus. It's the most I've ever heard anyone paying for that figure. It was a few days before Christmas and I was very depressed and had to have it for myself by Christmas Day.

It was reissued a few months later for $40

Also that figure broke on me
>>
>>5850978
yeah it's pretty cool but turns out that only Edward has alchemy effects so a little meh on that
>>
File: mango.jpg (13KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
mango.jpg
13KB, 256x256px
Not a figure but I payed over double for this fuck. I've probably wasted more money on buying things I might want in the future to avoid markups than the actual markups themselves.
>>
>>5850969
4000 yen extra for SAS Yoshikage Kira 2nd. I fear for those who are going to pay even more after he appears in the anime.
>>
>>5850993
shit that's rough, did you get the re issue?
>>
100 for Figma Guts Black Swordsman. It wasn't that good and I think I only bought it because I had binge-read Berserk. Did the same with HnK and Kinnikuman. Trying to do it right now with Kamen Rider Kabuto and his fancy SHFSS.
>>
>>5850969
>tfw Ed full-sized nendoroid announced
maybe they can be assed to do both
or figmae too
all the nostalgia money, ready to pick.
>>
100$ on SHF Iron Man Mark 6

Ended up selling it for 40$

Fuck everything.
>>
>>5850969
Oof. I got this when it came out for like 30-35. Got hooked up by another seller at this con I had a table at. That's the revoltech right?
>>
>>5850993
>Also that figure broke on me
No anon. YOU broke the figure. It didn't just fall to pieces because the merest thought of posing it danced across your subconscious.
>>
>>5851085
whaaaaat. I can see paying that much, but why let him go for so little?
>>
>>5851154
I am okay with giving fellow anon collectors a good deal
>>
>>5851093
yup that's the revoltech so yeah $100 more oh well
>>
>>5850993
>he hamhanded a figured that he paid way more than it's worth for
>>
>>5850969
Paid 130$ for Anguirus

th- thanks scalper-kun
>>
>>5851212
Forgot to specify: revoltech anguirus
>>
>>5850969
just dropped $250 for something i won't name

dropped $220 for another thing

new to /toy/. didn't realize there were such great things made. the aou cap figuarts was what brought me here. playing catch up is painful for an itch that's hard to scratch. should be good now. pre-ordering and waiting for shit
>>
File: busou-shinki-altines-02.jpg (120KB, 570x618px) Image search: [Google]
busou-shinki-altines-02.jpg
120KB, 570x618px
~150 eagledollars

Worth it. Now I'll just need to get a Lemuria and Shinki itch is forever scratched
>>
150 for both figuarts frieza and monsterarts destroyah. Both totally worth imo
>>
>>5850993
My gf bought me a figma ninja slayer and it's should snapped off a few seconds out of the package with no force at all. Not saying you didn't break yours but factory errors and defective parts do happen.
>>
File: 2016-08-08 15.46.01.jpg (327KB, 530x941px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-08 15.46.01.jpg
327KB, 530x941px
I think meme Drossel is the only time I ever paid significantly more than the msrp.

I think it was worth it for around $75 including the shipping.
>>
>>5851262

Only just got into collecting shit last year. So yeah, I've gotten hit with latecomer fees all over the place. Most I've paid for a single figure is either $140 (which wasn't latecomer fee'd at all, thats it's MSRP), or around $600 if you count a single combiner, also without late fees.

Highest late fee I've paid is around $30-40, taking a normally $40-50 toy to $80-90.
>>
>>5851373
>150 for both figuarts frieza and monsterarts destroyah. Both totally worth imo

Both as in TOGETHER for $150, or both as in both separately for $150?

If the former... fuck out this thread, you got a fucking deal. If the latter, you got Destoroyah for Bluefin MSRP soooo
>>
>>5851378
meme drossel is so worth it
>>
6000Y for RD Shenlong. But it cost 4200Y at release, so I'm not really bummed at all about the LC tax cost. As for the figure itself, it's my least favorite Wing RD that I own so by itself it's not worth it, but I would still say for its place in my collection it's worth it to have the O5 Wing MS all displayed at once.

Other than that I've been fortunate enough to PO everything I've ever wanted, or waited and found them for smoking deals (like MOTUC, Mezco Mars Attacks martians, things like that).
>>
File: ClFou-KWIAAbAyX[1].jpg (267KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
ClFou-KWIAAbAyX[1].jpg
267KB, 1200x900px
This girl right here about a month or two ago, at $90. I'm not a huge toy collector, so dropping that much on her felt like a big deal, but I also had an Amazon gift card that I ended up using up on it so it ended up at more like $60. At the moment I'm also considering dropping ~$160 on a Suiseiseki Pullip from a while ago, although I don't know if that price is latecomer at all.
>>
>>5850983
lol
>>
>>5850983
>quiet play arts
Pictures.
cum on her
DO IT
>>
File: HOB-FIG-8627.jpg (71KB, 467x600px) Image search: [Google]
HOB-FIG-8627.jpg
71KB, 467x600px
230$ roughly. I don't regret it and i consider it quite fair seeing as it came out in 2008 and was in high demand after the manga got more popular. You can get them cheaper but i got tired of stalking mandarake since they sold out in hours each time
>>
Mega-Size RX-78-2.
I paid $94 for it a few months before the reissue. My folks saw a PG Unicorn and wanted something from the same series, but bigger for the media room, so I went with this.
I overpaid like, $30, but it's actually a really cool HG that I wouldn't have bought at any other time.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.