[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone know the name of a web comic about a guy and his friend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: Rusty_Brown_1.jpg (192KB, 1045x487px) Image search: [Google]
Rusty_Brown_1.jpg
192KB, 1045x487px
Anyone know the name of a web comic about a guy and his friend who get into buying toys and selling them at conventions?
>>
>>5845782
No not really, i don't think a comic like that is out there.
>>
>>5845782
>Anyone know the name of a web comic about a guy and his friend who get into buying toys and selling them at conventions?

http://www.thewebcomicfactory.com/comic/dealers-1-1998-was-the-year/
>>
>>5845782
I remember this thread. good times. we had this last year, right?
>>
>>5846135
Thanks man.
>>
>>5846683
It's a good read.
>>
Breaking Bad
>>
>>5846531
yes
>>
>>5846531
Yeah. Great comic though. This business never crowded out my job or destroyed a relationship but damned if the market collapse leading up to the end doesn't hit close to home.
>>
I read this comic after seeing the thread last year. I definitely enjoyed it.
>>
>>5846881
>This business never crowded out my job or destroyed a relationship but damned if the market collapse leading up to the end doesn't hit close to home.
This. I have so many comics from the days before (and after) the Great Comic Book Crash, but the toy stuff is also a big nostalgia bomb.
>>
>>5846135
I love this. Can anyone recommend anything like it?
>>
>>5849499
Rusty Brown for you.
>>
File: weird.jpg (17KB, 238x179px) Image search: [Google]
weird.jpg
17KB, 238x179px
>collect toys
>i take them all out of the boxes
>>
>>5846135

>Getting in to reselling toys
>In 1998

Oh god that poor bastard.

My dad and I were hardcore in to collection comics in the early 90s. I do my best to insulate him from the realities of that crash still.
>>
>>5846135
>Guy lies repeatedly to his girlfriend or wife or whatever about what he is doing
>What he is doing is spending lots of money and time on something he could be honest about

Oh man I am waiting for him to get shit on for being stupid.
>>
File: fuck me.jpg (54KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
fuck me.jpg
54KB, 500x374px
>>5846135

Does this end horribly? Im at the part where they finished going to their first convention and got fucked over on the stretch armstrong hulk, and the story feels like its going to go horribly for these guys.
>>
>>5849610
I'm ahead of you and it gets worse.

It's painfully accurate in many ways to the toy market, right down to guys who resell toys thinking they are tough and hating on customers hardcore.
>>
>>5849622

Ive read more into it and they are making decent money now and the wives still arent happy.

Im up to the part where they want to go to a big show in florida, and dont want to bring the wives because it would eat up all the profits, and I feel like its going to end badly.
>>
>>5849679
They make money, but hide it, and act like complete assholes. I'm not surprised the wives aren't happy.
>>
File: DAISY SUICIDE.jpg (145KB, 504x403px) Image search: [Google]
DAISY SUICIDE.jpg
145KB, 504x403px
Why is Tamara such a cunt?

>wanda show sup to phantom menace premier dressed like Leia, all excited
>tamara shows up late and goes "its just a moooovie, who cares..."
>>
>>5849725
Tamara was never really interested in that stuff. She was exceptionally flexible of him in most all of this crap, while he was getting progressively more and more shitty about stuff.

Also, that whole deal about phantom menace toys blowing everyone out, accurate.

Holy shit the cons right after those hit were like hasbro vomited all over everything.
>>
>The dealers collude to price fix and keep new dealers out

Aw man, this is really common. The worst places have price fixing and no haggling agreements between dealers and you may as well stay home and just buy on ebay.
>>
I collect shit and buy almost all my stuff online directly from places like Amiami, or Toys R Us because they usually have discounts on shit.

Actually walking into stores to buy shit is usually bad because scalpers clear stores out of anything good on delivery days and put it all up on their own Ebay stores.

I feel bad for people trying to run their own small toy shops.
>>
[spoiler]I want a divorce. You should go to your parents place. You can stop by sometime and get your stuff. Im leaving for a few hours, please dont be here when i get back.[/spoiler]

Bitch, how about Im staying right here, and if you dont like it you can leave.
>>
File: DO NOT WAAAANT.jpg (27KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
DO NOT WAAAANT.jpg
27KB, 640x480px
>tamara was cheating on him all along
>>
There's another comic about collecting toys you might like, but I think it's also about owning a comic book store but I'm not sure because I haven't read it in a long time, but it's called Shortpacked.
>>
>>5849969
If I recall, it turned in to feminist nonsense
>>
>>5849969
That newspaper comic in webcomic form?
>>
>>5849969
last time i heard of shortpacked people were blasting it
>>
>>5846135
Good read.
The relationship between him and his wife is so accurate.It reminds me my life a little. Wifes are hard to live.
>>
>>5849969
>recommending Shortpacked to anyone
>>
Holy fuck I really liked this comic, just read through the whole thing this morning. Apart from toys, I collect some video games and I can relate so much to all the shit that was shown in the comics here. Dealers conspiring together, backstabbing, ripping off parents/little kids, poor speculation, and the eventual "crash" of the market (even though retro games aren't necessarily near a crash yet, imo) Any /vr/ bros here that can relate?
>>
>>5849768
>I feel bad for people trying to run their own small toy shops.
Absolutely. If you don't mark up hot figures, scalpers clean you out and nobody will so much as look at the rest. That's directly at odds with how I envisioned running a toy store and I hate that I got caught up in that.

>>5850756
>>recommending Shortpacked to anyone
Shortpacked was actually OK until the SJW/self-loathing faggot side of Walky started to show through. Though how fast you saw it is up to interpretation...
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.