[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Transformers General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 379
Thread images: 80

File: HEADON.jpg (402KB, 2000x1021px) Image search: [Google]
HEADON.jpg
402KB, 2000x1021px
"Is Titans Return holding your interest so far?" edition

Old Thread: >>5826579
>>
So Trypticon is apparently coming with Full-Tilt. Will you be getting him? They can't possibly fuck up harder than they did with Fortress Maximus.
>>
>>5828237
Yes.

But funny enough the only things I want besides the rest of the beast deluxes are the masters after everything that's been shown. I didn't think I'd care about them but the upcoming ones look like awesome desk toys.

Oh and tryp looks cool so far. Just hope the articulation is decent.
>>
File: 20160730_221056.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
20160730_221056.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
B O I
>>
>>5828241
>fortress maximus was bad
This meme isn't funny anon
>>
>>5828188
>Implying Combiner Wars wasn't just one big orgy where everyone was a massive slut.
>>
Looking over the prologue comic Takara made for their Headmasters Legends line, they showed a number of characters going into the Legends Universe.

It looks like a all the TR toys lost their bodies somehow, and are heads now (characters who weren't Headmasters got turned into them). They're apparently heading into the Legends universe to get new bodies, and among the characters that go are most of the TR characters getting toys, Ramhorn, Steeljaw, Eject, Minerva, Cab, Pointblank, Sureshot, and Crosshairs. While the Autobot Targetmasters are proabably cameos, I think the others have a shot at getting made into toys.
>>
File: 1469812437-rorplatset4.png (660KB, 910x961px) Image search: [Google]
1469812437-rorplatset4.png
660KB, 910x961px
Is this robot nakadashi toy worth it?
>>
>>5828261

That would be nice.
>>
>>5828237
More like it just picked my interest recently. Going to buy Chromedome, Super Ginrai and Sixshot. Don't really care about anything else.
>>
File: image.jpg (385KB, 2196x1416px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
385KB, 2196x1416px
>>5828262
J U S T
>>
File: 1469362354-mp-cheetor-01.jpg (247KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1469362354-mp-cheetor-01.jpg
247KB, 900x1200px
I love how Cheetor's metallic paint makes it look like he is made of shitty CGI. It totally won me over.
>>
>>5828251
He's missing a ton of accessories, his city mode looks horrible, and costs more than Metroplex.
>>
>>5828273
>and costs more than Metroplex.

Costs keep rising all around, unfortunately. Give it another 2 years or so, Deluxes will be $20+ MSRP and Legends $12-15, and Voyagers edging along $30-35.
>>
>>5828273
>missing a ton of accessories
I mean, they're called accesories for a reason. Because they're optional

>city mode looks horrible
Looks pretty cool to me

>costs more than Metroplex
This can't be avoided due to rising oil costs and general inflation
>>
>>5828279
I wouldn't mind those prices if they have the HftD/RofF quality level.
>>
>>5828270
Any info as to when he's coming?
>>
>>5828295
Except they can't and won't be, because inflation as of late has been so bad and sales have been steadily dropping. Hasbro is already having a hard enough time trying to break even with the sheer scale of their operations
>>
>>5828298
Just imagine in 15 years or so, Hasblow would be dead and only Takara and 3p companies will be making transforming toys and all is well in the world.
>>
>>5828279
>Costs keep rising all around, unfortunately. Give it another 2 years or so, Deluxes will be $20+ MSRP and Legends $12-15, and Voyagers edging along $30-35.
if it reaches that point the line is doomed
>>
>>5828299
I like how it's always the Takaracucks who have no understanding of how businesses and sustainability work
>>
>>5828250
Can someone post base mode pics of this guy? Just got him in and my Headmaster Jr folks need a base to chill out at.
>>
>>5828237
It would hold my interest more if I could afford the titans and leader classes. I like the titan masters and wish I could get Fortmax to set them up on.
>>
>>5828304
We do but the big collector's market is in Asia not in the United States of Walmart.
>>
>>5828270
Oh damn that looks cool
>>
>>5828314
And the collector's market will not last another 50 years if Hasbro isn't there to market to the masses.

If there are no cheap $20 toys for the kids to play with when they're 8 then what incentive do they have to buy expensive $200 collectibles when they're 28?
>>
File: test .jpg (57KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
test .jpg
57KB, 960x960px
Here's another example of sdcc fort max having a mass failure, 2 right hands.

I'm worried

>>5828318
>takara collectors market
>"lets make things faithful, add more complexity, more paint, and as high quality as we can"
>hasbro collectors market
"Lets make shitty "alt modes" for them little girls, oh and the odd masterpiece takara lovingly crafted but we'll mess with it to suit out market by using over sized boxes with shitty photography"
>both use same factories

We're all fucked
>>
>>5828321
>"lets make things faithful, add more complexity, more paint, and as high quality as we can"
And charge $35 for a figure that's really only worth $18!

Great going, dickwad
>>
>>5828303
We've had worse prices than that in Australia for... fuck, at least the last ten years, and I can remember similar for BW in the 90s. Jesus, are you all poorfucks in the US or just tightarses?
>>
>>5828326
Eh, 50 - 50 really
>>
>>5828325
that's exchange rates and importation that does that in...most cases.

Gotta agree some cases like takara devastator are an interesting point, takara marketed it to collectors, hasbro aimed at kids with a set price point for marketing purposes.

When takara outright charges more its because they don't have the same marketing price point, super ginrai is one example but his changes are subjective
>>
>>5828318
That's easy, a lot of kids got hand me downs and or got exposed to them later on when they have money and shit.

Look at Kamen Rider and Sentai, a lot of people would pay top money for their role play stuff and yet there is no Kamen Rider series that has been adapted in the west since Ryuuki and even then that was a good 15 years ago, same for Sentai, some kids I met never watched Power Rangers but they got into sentai toys which are themselves are easily $100 for pieces of transforming bricks. The world is bigger now anon we have the internet.
>>
>>5828321
>>5828336
>>5828337
Here's the thing I find ridiculously entertaining with Takaracucks. Each one of them have all fallen for Takara's marketing scheme.

Have you ever heard of the chocolate price placebo? 3 stalls all selling the exact same brand of chocolate are set up next to each other. Stall 1 is packaged cheaply in tin foil and priced lowly. Stall 2 goes for standard retail price and looks like a normal bar of chocolate. Stall 3 is priced exorbitantly and has ridiculously fanciful packaging. All 3 stalls are giving customers free samples of their chocolate.

Upon being surveyed, customers all said that Stall 1's chocolate was shit and Stall 3's chocolate was incredible. Except until they were told all 3 stalls sold the exact same thing, but packaged differently and priced differently.

Takara is like Stall 3. They price exorbitantly and use the label of "Japanese imported" to rely on.

Hasbro is like Stall 1. They price fairly normally and market their products like a standard retail release.

You bunch of fools have been tricked by a company that's arguably even more Jewish than Hasbro.
>>
>>5828299
Enjoy your 9 or 10 new molds a year, in that case. Like Hasbro releases or not, having a big international company funding the line goes a long way into giving us the amount of releases we have. They also decide the line's direction, outside of Takara original things like the MP line. It was Hasbro that decided to do combiners, while takara drips out 5 or so MPs a year and can't commit to doing a Combiner in the line.

In a world without Hasbro, Takara's lines would probably resemble Car robots of Transformers Go!; a handful of new molds, and a lot of redecoes from prior lines. The MP line would still go on at its glacial pace. We'd get some good toys, but the direction would be scattershot and just hop onto what ever trends are hot in Japan at the moment.

Not that a Takara free Hasbro would be any better. Hasbro solo just gives us stuff like the crappy Crossovers and Titaniums.
>>
I might have gotten FM if they threw in a hand gun, a sword, and a few 5mm weapons for his hands. I wish Hasbro at least gave us the option of buying them in an extra pack or something.
>>
>>5828279
Guess what the prices for CW were here in Canada: $12, $20, $35.
When CW came out generations deluxes jumped $3-$4 here.
>>
>>5828337
Kamen Rider fans tend to be Asians or aspergos, though.
>>
>>5828326
prices like that might be acceptable in other countries, but in the US that will just drive off most of the customer base
>>
>>5828303
Not really, by then prices will have steadily risen on everything and people will have gotten used to them like a slowly boiling frog. Poorfags will complain but those of us with decent jobs will suck it up.
>>
>>5828348
Why do you say that?
>>
>>5828351
By experience, every western Kamen Rider fan I've seen are Asians like Vangelus, or weird dorks who like to were those belts in public.
>>
>>5828355
I've never seen the latter.
>>
File: ginrai ponder.jpg (40KB, 680x518px) Image search: [Google]
ginrai ponder.jpg
40KB, 680x518px
>>5828341
But its exchange rates and importation cost that do that, 90% of takara's products are just lavish repaints, and aren't held back by western price points since people aren't willing to pay off numbers for products, as well as the fact people, we only have very few examples going above what hasbro has already put out.

I buy whatever looks best, I bought takara devastator for the extra arm ratchets, weapons for individual bots and extra individual box articulation, I bought HASBRO galvatron because its exactly the same as takara, but with a shade of purple I like more KNOWING I'd had to modify it anyway and would rather keep cost down, I bought both uw grand galvatron AND hasbro cyclonus because I like what both did.

The fact is we buy what we like and price is irrelevant, if we want it we'll pay more/less within reasonable circumstances.

Your points are valid but you come across as a hasbro apologist rather than being an inbetweener, the fact is both companies work together to TAKE your money.

You either buy something with a fixed price point to compete with other toy lines that don't do the same thing, or you pay more for the same thing with more paint and or parts, made in the same chinese/vietnamese factories where both are ruined by cheap qc controls to where even glorious online webshop exclusives like the mp coneheads are ruined.

We're collecting shit toys no matter the company, accept that, I buy both because I can, not because I'm a fanboy, at least between the 2 companies.

Kinda wish 3p's got more licenses though, might make changes for the brand and people's perceptions
>>
I don't know /toy/

All the TR versions of the characters I like, like Megatron and Soundwave, don't look very good, and there's not one single TR character who didn't get a recent toy that really interests me.

And I feel the Headmaster thing is fucking stupid.

This whole line just feels lame.
>>
>>5828348
Yeah and you don't see any $20 toys from Bandai do you? And yet that anon was saying that without $20 toys nobody would get into the hobby as the grow older and I just basically said that you still get people who get into those without emotionally connected to them growing up.

>>5828341
But the thing is Takara adds paints, remolds and does a lot more to their products than the raw Hasbro that does the bare minimum then just packages it without even tasting it first going by that analogy. So if you look at the materials and effort value so in that analogy again people who gave more effort than just melting the chocolate then just packaging it will be seen as more valuable. But like >>5828365 at the end of the day they are there to take your money.

>>5828355
Eh those dorks are quite nice if you talk to them and are quite passionate about the franchise but unlike Hasbrocusk and Takaracucks they don't really have anything to compare the belts with in the western market and thus happy for just being in that hobby and finding others that share the same. They usually just do that to have fun cause those belts are actually quite fun to play with but they do take it quite far since some of them actually wear it everywhere. Also Vangelus hasn't really touched KR stuff for a while.

And then you wonder why people say that Transformers fandom is fucking toxic cause comparing to that this fandom is really just people having yelling competitions on which is better and just throwing shit around.
>>
>>5828273
Because he is more substantial than metroplex in every regard.

Metro was lacking in all regards, even the sticker sheet was made from the cheapest paper stock you can buy.
>>
>>5828343
And the Combiner Dinobots from a few years ago, the Grimlock and Swoop one that looked absolutely retarded.

>>5828349
Growing up in New Zealand when the line first came out, we had the cars and jets at $36 and the minibots/cassette two packs for about $15. A Star Wars figure was $9. Don't ask about the vehicle prices, there's a reason why I only have minirigs from the 80s.

We moved to Australia, and people were telling me minibots sold here for $3 ($6 was what I paid for Pipes in Perth in 87), cars and jets $10, etc. I had Metroplex bought for me in Australia for $40, all those ones that size were $140 in NZ. And Star Wars figures were $3, with vehicles so cheap I never met anyone with one that wasn't busted - cheap enough to go out and buy a new one when they broke.

Now I just sigh. We get price increases every few years and Hasbro AU hasn't been good with stocking the lines for a few years now - CW was the first line I think we got everything or nearly everything from in like 5 years.
>>
>>5828361
>>5828365
I see you, Nemesis Prime
>>
>>5828367
It's not for everybody. Personally Headmasters is my favorite line since I was a kid.
>>
Anyone else hoping that Takara puts out a Greatshot remold? Quickswitch was always a shittier sixchanger and Greatshot makes more sense with the mold.
>>
>>5828367
To be fair, the quality of TR is tanking pretty bad. Astrotrain being a Sentinel Prime remold was such a disappointment I wanted to cry.
>>
File: BRING IT.jpg (22KB, 333x247px) Image search: [Google]
BRING IT.jpg
22KB, 333x247px
>>5828373
h-how'd you know?
>>
>>5828370
Ok.
>>
>>5828376
I wonder how the upcoming movie toyline will affect TR. How long is TR supposed to last anyways?
>>
>>5828355
Even as a huge toy collecting dork I can't help but judge grown men who buy those belts.
>>
>>5828349
Because the American market has been tainted by the Walmart culture that they want everything cheap and inexpensive without the care for quality.
>>
>>5828383
That is so ironic fampai.
>>
File: Star Saber damaged.jpg (13KB, 278x214px) Image search: [Google]
Star Saber damaged.jpg
13KB, 278x214px
>>5828378
You cannot trick a friend of justice!

Renounce your ways, fellow Cybertronian.
>>
>>5828367
Years ago, I decided to design my own TF toyline to see what I would do with it. I decided there was no production budget, I wasn't trying to keep costs down. So everything would come with playset pieces, and little humans to make crowds with and shit.

And everything larger than a basic would be a headmaster. I love binary bonded fuckers. TR is like a dream come true for me.

>>5828369
I've always found the (US) TF fanbase to be toxic because it hates change. Whatever comes out has to match their entry point to the franchise or else it's shit. Most people it's G1, but there's a large number of BW fans now the same way. Fans from outside the USA tend to be pretty okay about stuff though and less angry in general.

>>5828376
I get the feeling it's the other way around, but no one would have bought Sentinel Prime if he came out after Astrotrain.

>>5828382
I'm figuring about 18 months, like CW. I want to know what the last arc will be. I'm figuring it'll deal with Unicron, but Hasbro is surprisingly playing a long game with this.
>>
>>5828384
Insert we need to bring jobs back to America rant but neglect the fact it will raise prices in the process.

pick your poison I suppose
>>
>>5828376
>thinking the mold wasn't meant for Astrotrain
>>
File: Dark bots matter.jpg (425KB, 1290x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Dark bots matter.jpg
425KB, 1290x1200px
>>5828386
You aren't my friend of justice!

Make me!
>>
File: wjds1.jpg (15KB, 350x288px) Image search: [Google]
wjds1.jpg
15KB, 350x288px
I hesitate to buy Takara versions, simply because I'm an oldfag, fandomwise, and I remember the days of Armada/ML and Energon/Super Link and Alternators/Binaltech, when online ordering was more of an everyday thing and people started envying Takara figures and espousing the virtues of them over Hasbro's(the divide really started in the BW days, but online ordering was still an arcane thing then). People would talk bout figures like Takara Superlink Wheeljack, and how perfect it was compared to Hasbro's, and what a perfect update it was. And now, 10 years later, who cares about them?Who cares about Energon or Alternators or Super Link or Binaltech, with a few exceptions? Most of them weren't good figures, and the imported versions didn't make them any better figures at their core. So i'll buy Takara versions if I really like the color or know it to be a good figure improved by the paint scheme, but for most figures I don't want to put down the money for something that'll just be resold in a few years.
>>
>>5828382
4 waves at best. I have no idea when the film releases, but if it's around November, we might get 6.
>>
>>5828308
You are SOL; only Hardtop and Blur can be turned into a passable "base" for the heads. Scourge and Skullcruncher can't turn into anything remotely looking like a "mini-base".
>>
File: 1464455285443.png (317KB, 600x447px) Image search: [Google]
1464455285443.png
317KB, 600x447px
>>5828393
...maybe another day
>>
>>5828396
The bay movies always get summer releases,they're due for 2017.we have a log way to go.
>>
>>5828402
If it's summer 2017, then they might cut it short at 4. If they do release more, I'll be hard to get those waves.
>>
>>5828388
Unicorn seems like a safe bet, they could make a Primus out of it. I don't know what the fuck is going on with the comics, but I'd think it would be pretty cool if they made some ancient Transformers like the Knights or the 13 Primes. That way you have that cosmic feel as well as movie/comic synergy.
>>
File: test .jpg (86KB, 1126x822px) Image search: [Google]
test .jpg
86KB, 1126x822px
>>5828399
Didn't you get the memo?

Let your autis-I mean "imagination" run free, even tf_yuki approves
>>
>>5828407
I vaguely remember a last panel reference to Unicron in something. The Chaos crossover? It was a while back. And there's the Combiner Hunters poster as well...
>>
File: Lio Convoy.jpg (749KB, 1233x750px) Image search: [Google]
Lio Convoy.jpg
749KB, 1233x750px
>>5828393
I will never give up on you.

Maybe you won't change your ways today, or tomorrow. But there is still some good in you, and you will see the light some day!

So until that day, I will never stop believing in you.
>>
>>5828412
Unicron was referenced a few times in the comics, but no direct mention. Skids shows up in a weird place, and there's some sort of weird planet there but we never get a good look.

Optimus got stuck in a planet that was phasing through time and space. The planet was being destroyed by something, but since he was phasing through different time periods, Optimus didn't see what destroyed it, but all signs pointed to Unicron.
>>
Am I literally just blind, I can't see the t-rex head in any of the Trypticon pics
>>
File: 04-8.jpg (262KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
04-8.jpg
262KB, 1024x768px
>>5828421
In the left pic, you can also make out Full-Tilt, and what may be a claw.
>>
>>5828421
its because its a godzilla head covered in grebles
>>
File: trippytriptrip.jpg (117KB, 852x1136px) Image search: [Google]
trippytriptrip.jpg
117KB, 852x1136px
>>5828421

This one ?
>>
>>5828423
>>5828424
>>5828425
Meant the t-rex head in base mode, people were concluding that we could see the head and thus dismissed worries of Trypticon being a headmaster, but I see it now, thank you!

Any estimates as to how it would be priced next year? Hopefully it's cheaper than Fort Max, as it would probably come with less components. Frankly I'm hoping they skip the other bots except for maybe Full-Tilt, gotta save dosh
>>
>>5828434
Same as FM, and Devastator. You won't have to worry about him being gimped since most of his accessories have been shown so far (save for Brunt).
>>
>>5828436
Oh yeah, about price. Try getting it with a TRU coupon, or get it on Amazon (they've lowered the FM price twice due to other sellers).
>>
File: p20160706-182753.jpg (54KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
p20160706-182753.jpg
54KB, 443x332px
>>5828341
>>
>>5828436
>>5828439
I thought that Fort Max and the Constructicons had higher prices due to the headmasters for the former, and the six-bot playability for the latter. Shouldn't Trypticon be the same cost as Metroplex, a Titan with one car-bot accessory?

Also, I'm in Canadia, so idk how different it is from the States. Had no idea that TRU coupons exist, or what Amazon.ca did for the other Titans.
>>
>>5828444
They aren't lowering the price for Trypticon, and I have no idea how to get it in Canada, sorry anon.
>>
File: croc fortress.png (2MB, 839x1024px) Image search: [Google]
croc fortress.png
2MB, 839x1024px
>>5828308
here ya go, famalam
>>
>>5828444
Really fort max shouldn't of cost as much as he did, he still shares alot of metroplex's parts (his front is metro'sback afterall), the constructicons I'm guessing is due to the complexity involved.

Just prepare for the worse case scenario
>>
>>5828303

Deluxes already crept up from $15 of CW to the $19 of TR.

It's happening and you don't even realize it.
>>
File: Trypticon chub.jpg (101KB, 783x741px) Image search: [Google]
Trypticon chub.jpg
101KB, 783x741px
>>5828446
>>5828448
Fuck, what if the price jumps to $200-$250 and it's hollow as shit? I want a decent cityformer, but don't want to pay out the wazoo. Not sure how the price would fluctuate after release or if it will shelfwarm at all.

Are there no heroes left in this land?
>>
>>5828369
The difference is, the western fan base is a huge part of transformers and helps keep it afloat. Kamen Riders isn't. KR can survive without the west, Transformers would be crippled losing it.
>>
>>5828376

You mean Sentinel Prime was a pretool of Astrotrain. The toy is clearly meant to be Astrotrain, in the same way CW Optimus was meant to be for Motormaster.
>>
>>5828450

Actually, a proper citybot would be hollow as a motherfucker. They'd essentially be a system of unfolding hinged panels with molded cityscape and streets all over it, that you'd fold into boxes to form the arms/legs/chest, and fold out to form the city. Hands and feet would become ramps and shit I guess.

That way you'd end up with a truly sprawling play set.
>>
>>5828417
The one I'm thinking of, it had Optimus say something was stirring in the distance or something equally as cryptic and ominous, and then it had a decent-sized panel of a planet, waaaaaaaaay in the background with empty space all around it. I can't remember the specific comic though, and mine aren't easily accessible.
>>
>>5828268

Just what, exactly?
>>
>>5828453
>the western fan base is a huge part of transformers and helps keep it afloat

I seriously doubt that.
>>
>>5828460
Sorry, by "hollow", I was just using one of those buzzwords that mean lack of quality. I guess improper painting or cracking joints would be better QC concerns for Trypticon.
>>
>>5828279
>Costs keep rising all around

Except oil is now cheaper than it has been in years.

Hasbro just doesn't want to cut back on their cocaine and tranny prostitute habits, greedy fucks.
>>
>>5828288

You sound as if you LIKE to to dicked over by Hasbro's corporate greed

They sold a Deluxe for $10 just a couple years ago, they can do so now We'e paying MORE and getting LESS in return. That isn't ethical
>>
>>5828297

As soon as you can pickup some lube and get to his place.
>>
>>5828483

Ethics and money making don't work together. If they could sell us bottled AIDS with asbestos on top for $30 they would.
>>
File: Pharma confused.jpg (60KB, 241x310px) Image search: [Google]
Pharma confused.jpg
60KB, 241x310px
>we can't depend on companies to be ethical
>we can't depend on companies for products to be affordable
>we can't depend on companies for products to have quality
>we can't depend on companies for products to be fun

>companies can depend on us to keep giving them money
>>
>>5828237
>Beheaded robot doing the splits with a massive erection can't unsee.jpg
>>
>>5828279
>hasbro prices have been going up
Yet 3rd parties have been going down

I mean... keep telling yourself that it's because prices are going up all around. I'll be drowning in 3rd party toys at the rate Hasbro is going with their self-entitled pricing choices.
>>
>>5828341
Which stall is 3rd parties? that's the one I like.
>>
>>5828483
>selling and making toys
>ethics
Are you the type of person who believes toys are not a luxury item, but a necessity in life?
>>
>>5828237
It would if I could fucking find any
>>
>>5828498
custom candy order pretty much.
>>
File: 20160730_150750.jpg (69KB, 1077x606px) Image search: [Google]
20160730_150750.jpg
69KB, 1077x606px
>>5828408
Fill your robot hollows
With titanmaster fellows.
>>
>>5828279
Oil is cheaper and wages haven't increased since the 80s
>>
>>5828498
That's a completely different stall because the 3 stalls listed all sell the exact same product, just under different packaging and pricing. Third parties obviously don't use the same molds or designs as Hastak
>>
File: fester ohfuck.png (152KB, 250x287px) Image search: [Google]
fester ohfuck.png
152KB, 250x287px
>deluxes in canada are basically $20 now
>>
>>5828530
CW deluxes have been $20 for the last year or so in TRU here.
>>
>>5828502
>companies shouldn't have to be ethical

Neoliberalism is a disease.
>>
>>5828532
Should they be? Yes.
Should it be forced to make them so? No.

People can choose to not work for them y'know. The reason companies are unethical is because people allow them to be. They need to use their actions to fight it instead of letting it happen. Boycotts work. The companies will need to change to get employee's or simply dissolve.

Anyways lets get back on topic.

Who's the best fembot figure?
>>
>>5828539
BM Strika.
>>
>>5828539
>Should it be forced to make them so? No.

Actually, yes. They should. That's what laws are for.
>>
>>5828545
Laws are made to protect people from the choices of others, such as being attacked by a nutjob. Not to protect people from their own choices like signing a work contact for .25 cents an hour and a cracker a day to paint robot toys.
>>
File: 51WRLVWsXzL.jpg (36KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
51WRLVWsXzL.jpg
36KB, 500x500px
>>5828539
Amber Lamps
>>
>>5828549
>thinking employees have a choice in where the work
why are libertarians so fucking stupid
>>
>>5828549
Laws are made by the rich and powerful you fucknut, why do you think big artist and movie starts gets a slap on the wrist for shit a regular joe like us will get easily life sentence for?

Also stop looking down on 3rd world people, that 25 cents is extremely needed for them that they are willing to sell their souls to the white devil overlords to keep their family alive. You sound like those tumblr people that gets triggered by everything while jerking off and eating an ungodly amount of food each day.
>>
>>5828502
>>5828502
Im the type of person who believes in doing right by the people who you owe your success to.
>>
>>5828572
*whom
>>
Post waifus!

https://ww
w.8muse
s.com/album/fred-perry-comics/i-like-big-autobutts-and-i-cannot-lie
>>
>>5828574
First time here?
>>
>>5828549
People work at those jobs because if they don't they starve and die. It's like holding a gun to somebody's head and forcing them to reach into a barrel of razor blades, then insisting that they chose to do that of their own free will.

Laws are to prevent companies from taking advantage of workers that don't have any other choice.
>>
>>5828574
We don't have waifus here. We have waifubots.
>>
>>5828574
This is a blue board, retard
>>
>>5828492
Its called Stockholm Syndrome.
>>
File: hcdn0001.jpg (191KB, 1707x1200px) Image search: [Google]
hcdn0001.jpg
191KB, 1707x1200px
>>5828579
Waifubots a best

Post moar
>>
What's your dream Citybot? It can't be an existing character.

Hard mode: what's your dream waifucitybot
>>
>>5828592
>waifucitybot

Complete with womb where you can store smaller toys?
>>
File: virgin-mary-statue-2.jpg (9KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
virgin-mary-statue-2.jpg
9KB, 200x300px
>>5828592
Church that turns into a robomadonna
>>
>>5828592
Barbie's dream house robot with a pink convertible as her car robot
>>
>>5828601
Sad that you have no testosterone
>>
>>5828601
>>5828594
You should learn to accept all of Robotgod's creations. Strongarm is pretty sexy, but in a different way to Windblade.
>>
>>5828598
Some third party needs to make the Strongarm waifufags deserve. She's great, but her figure is so very... modern Hasbro.
>>
>>5828607
See >>5828606

Strongarm looks more like a male than anything even remotely close to a female. Even Brainstorm looks more like a female than Strongarm
>>
File: 1433204474918.gif (987KB, 229x176px) Image search: [Google]
1433204474918.gif
987KB, 229x176px
>>5828241
>They can't possibly fuck up harder than they did with Fortress Maximus.
>>
>>5828609
I have Strongarm sitting next to me now. I strongly disagree. She reminds me of a girl I grew up near in terms of body shape. Show personality and pose and voice, definitely female.
>>
>>5828241
Fort max is pretty good desu. fan mode for base is cool. lots of 5 mm ports and plenty of pegs for titan masters.
>>
File: 1428883013792.gif (3MB, 252x263px) Image search: [Google]
1428883013792.gif
3MB, 252x263px
>>5828341
>>
>>5828613
See >>5828601
>If you showed a random stranger a photo of Strongarm they'd probably think she's male.
>>
>>5828511
Poor Nightbeat, other TM's get to hang out in the rec room, he gets sent to the time out rectangle.
>>
>>5828616
>you wrote a wall of text that was not directed to me at all to inform people and i didn't read it due to self-denial and intentional ignorance
>haha your gay!
Great job
>>
>>5828618
Poor Nightbeat, the only Titan Master with an awful face.
>>
>>5828616
>TLDR SPOONFEED ME
>>
>>5828608
I ordered the new TAV Minicon Battle Pack version. She's pricy but about the best version we're going to get.

I have a feeling I'll have to CAD design my own Strongarm
>>
>>5828241

They'd have to do more new tooling for Trypticon.
>>
>>5828626
Is that a repaint of the Legions version? That is the best looking one of her, but I'd like a nicelooking deluxe sized Strongarm too.
>>
>>5828408
Base mode Galvy is kinda neat neat neat.
>>
>>5828400

oh hey there's something from the anime that went into the IDW version.
>>
>>5828628
Nah she's a new mold, a little bigger than a Legends class.
>>
>>5828632
I didn't get into Transformers until the Internet became a thing, but I've heard that back when you had to get anime on unsubbed VHSes that people had all these weird telephone game interpretations of the characters and plots, and that's where JR's interpretations come from
>>
>>5828279
So we can finally put this stupid meme to rest right? "Costs keep rising"...bullshit. Oil prices are at historic lows, yet Hasbro (and the airlines) seem to keep raising prices for some reason.
>>
>>5828636

that and a Fan Fiction role play he and his old buddies played back in the day, Star Saber was actually a warlord in his original script/game.
>>
File: dinoz.jpg (393KB, 546x1300px) Image search: [Google]
dinoz.jpg
393KB, 546x1300px
Dear HasTak, pls make some toys with freaky transformations like pic related.
>>
>>5828637
Labour costs can rise too dumbass, that's why Hastak moved from manufacturing in China to Vietnam and is now moving(some) to India. There's more factors to the cost of a making a Transformer than just the price of oil.
>>
>>5828633
Does the armor become a weapon?
>>
>>5828648
Read previous thread
>>
>>5828646
"Innovation is dead. G1 from here on out!"
- John Warden
>>
File: 1464070167199.jpg (48KB, 420x338px) Image search: [Google]
1464070167199.jpg
48KB, 420x338px
>>5828646
Neat tho.
>>
>>5828648
>>5827097
>>
>>5828237
So the gimmick this year is robots turning into heads? it feels like Combiner wars was their last best idea. this current gimmick sounds more suitable to the olden days
>>
File: download.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
>>5828648
No. The plastic armor just becomes effects parts for the minicon.

It's pretty disappointing considering that the Grimlock version does things so good.
>>
File: 9725171345_e9692bde5f_b.jpg (446KB, 868x1024px) Image search: [Google]
9725171345_e9692bde5f_b.jpg
446KB, 868x1024px
>>5828656
You're a little slow aren't you

>>5828651
>>5828646
They focus on maintaining a minimum level of articulation now. Transformations like that don't allow for articulation.
>>
>>5828651

It is a bit scary to be honest, the lack of original ideas in the franchise right now.
>>
>>5828656
You sound like you have absolutely no knowledge of the original G1 series.
>>
>>5828657
Oh, cool. Might pick her up anyway. How lacking in the paint department is she?
>>
File: 2.jpg (275KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
275KB, 2000x2000px
>>5828665
>>5828633 is the Takara version. This is the Hasbro version.

I don't think it's so bad but some people hate it since her titties and windows are unpainted. I splurged on the Takara version for like $26 shipped to the U.S. because I like the character and am a big fan of the Battle Packs, but it's up to you if it's worth that. Unless you're a huge fan I'd just grab the Hasbro; personally I think the blue trident looks better anyway.
>>
File: 41fwPan7I6L.jpg (26KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
41fwPan7I6L.jpg
26KB, 500x500px
>>5828665
>>5828668
Here's the Hasbro vehicle mode.
>>
File: 1464465574819.jpg (24KB, 280x284px) Image search: [Google]
1464465574819.jpg
24KB, 280x284px
>>5828670
I think I'll pass. That's absolutely pathetic.
>>
>>5828670
And the Takara vehicle.
>>
>>5828675
Guess they won again.
>>
>>5828675
I see, so all of Takara's effort have been placed on Transformers Adventure, not Titans Return
>>
File: Strongarm.png (25KB, 341x518px) Image search: [Google]
Strongarm.png
25KB, 341x518px
>>5828683
They fucked up because Sawtooth's details have the same colors as Strongarm's glowy bits, and they're all molded in, but they didn't bother to paint them.
>>
>>5828683
Its just paint apps, so far takara's work has only REALLY gone into super ginrai, everything else is a repaint, and as nice as the tav line is going they're just straight repaints
>>
>>5828686
>>5828668
>>5828670

Has anybody ever used Gundam Markers? Could I use them to paint one of these up?
>>
>>5828689
You can, but if you don't want to look like a lazy ass pump the pens into a dish and use a thin brush
>>
>>5828688
>powerpuff prime
>effort
>>
>>5828692
Ok, I'll assume I'm wrong, can you show me some examples of hasbro putting effort into something over takara that's more than just a redeco (which are subject to one's opinion anyway).

Also someone kindly explain how powerpuff prime became a meme, I know aspergo was a parody on autismo, same for aspergus, and autismo is a play on third party names, but powerpuff prime?

Pretty sure powerpuff girls is american as hasbro but if I'm wrong I would like to know otherwise for purposes of education
>>
File: test .jpg (137KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
test .jpg
137KB, 960x640px
Anyone remember this?

Do you think they left the treads off for cost or because the g1 fans would hang them over the idw design?
>>
>>5828706

Probably cost reasons or being able to fit in to a box.
>>
File: computron.jpg (42KB, 300x414px) Image search: [Google]
computron.jpg
42KB, 300x414px
>>5828698
>>5828702

>1) Takara toys literally cost twice as much or more. The fact that you don't take this into account is ludicrously stupid.

>2) The two companies use the same designers, the same molds, and the same factories.

>3) Hasbro figures are completed up to a year before Takara ones; Takara has more time to go in for additional retooling in the rare occasion they choose to since they can offset the cost of retail with increased prices.

>4)Prices of individual items work differently in Japan than the US; individual items don't have to fit into rigid pricepoint, so paint and retooling doesn't have to fit within a single budget.

The "effort" meme is being willfully ignorant of the realities of how this works. Hasbro Computron is toy accurate, so whining about it not having matching colors is pointless since that's what he looks like, especially since the Hasbro version has new hands and feet.
>>
File: Carnivac_mugshots.jpg (26KB, 159x136px) Image search: [Google]
Carnivac_mugshots.jpg
26KB, 159x136px
>>5828702
I actually considered getting CW Computron, but then I saw the review that's up and he's way worse than what you see from pictures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFrdfGyHQT0
>>
>>5828709
I would've loved to get a Computron but he was sold out everywhere not long after Pre-orders went up.
>>
>>5828237

I might be interested in some of the Decepticon headmasters if they go on sale for under $10 a. Otherwise I'm not too interested as all the figures I wanted to see remakes of are only getting made as Titan Masters with no full bodies. The only full figure revealed thus far that I might buy at full price is Sixshot and even then that Leader class price point might dissuade me.
>>
>>5828706
Story goes, Warden saw that, flipped a table, went bawwing to daddy Goldner's office, jumped up and down on his desk and refused to leave until they were cut for "budget."
>>
File: G1Nosecone_toy.jpg (23KB, 438x258px) Image search: [Google]
G1Nosecone_toy.jpg
23KB, 438x258px
>>5828708
You call a repainted brawl toy accurate?

He doesn't even look like nosecone in the slightest, strafe and lightspeed are the ONLY toy accurate ones

>>1) Takara toys literally cost twice as much or more
Its because WE, the western consumer have to IMPORT it from another country, that's why it cost so much more, why do people keep sperging on about price when WE have to ship something INTENDED for another audience, THEY have to pay similar prices for HASBRO stuff because they ALSO have to import.

>2) The two companies use the same designers, the same molds, and the same factories
No shit sherlock, what is is fucking new?

>3) Hasbro figures are completed up to a year before Takara ones; Takara has more time to go in for additional retooling in the rare occasion they choose to since they can offset the cost of retail with increased prices.
More time to fix things, why is this a point to argue with?

>>4)Prices of individual items work differently in Japan than the US; individual items don't have to fit into rigid pricepoint, so paint and retooling doesn't have to fit within a single budget.
Again, no fucking shit

And the new dedicated hands are shit since they can't pose, the feet, while designed fine (and I question why takara hasn't started using them on their own) is because most CW/UW toys share a common problem, the ratchets are limited, the most dynamic look is the bot standing them like some strong man, limiting the range of what those feet can do (which to me now that I think about it may be why takara is reluctant on using them, they know the combiner ratchets only go so far), and those hands and feet wouldn't cost that much more.

As the owner of shitorion (got it on sale thinking I could give hasbro a chance) the new hands and feet, if any budget went into them it would be after thought especially on the hands (they're not even girly they're children's size) and feet (mine even clicks out so she flops around if too much load is on them)
>>
>>5828716

that's bullshit but i believe it.
>>
File: bruticai.jpg (76KB, 960x572px) Image search: [Google]
bruticai.jpg
76KB, 960x572px
>>5828718
But even takara fucks up sometimes, look at UW brututicus, the qc failures and design that went into blastoff could of been handled differently, so we can't excuse takara for everything.

The fact is, transformers are getting worse, toy accurate, cartoon accurate, they only go so far, something needs to change, I don't understand (in all honesty) the whole hasbro price point thing, who are they even competing with, what star wars figures or mattel crap, its not like there are other transformer lines out there to take on.

At this point we might as well just stick to mp figures and jump off the western retail train, just to avoid this petty hasbro price point vs takara after thought war
>>
File: noseconecompare.jpg (321KB, 996x562px) Image search: [Google]
noseconecompare.jpg
321KB, 996x562px
>>5828718
>nosecone is diarrhea yellow brown
>nosecone has no red cockpit
>nosecone has tank treads for legs
>nosecone has giant football shoulders
>nosecone has guns hanging off his arms
>nosecone doesn't have a yellow back piece on his vehicle

Woah................... So this...........is the power of Grorious Nihon...................
>>
>>5828718
>Its because WE, the western consumer have to IMPORT it from another country, that's why it cost so much more, why do people keep sperging on about price when WE have to ship something INTENDED for another audience, THEY have to pay similar prices for HASBRO stuff because they ALSO have to import.

But they don't. Hasbro prices are lower than Takara retail prices.
>>
>>5828727

he's probably in Europe or Australia and not North America.
>>
>>5828729
Why the fuck do Eurocucks think they matter at all? They're barely a drop in the bucket to anything.

They'll all be glassed in 5 years by Muslims anyway so who gives a fuck
>>
>>5828723
Hasbro robot is (barely) more accurate in robot mode (of a terrible figure)

Takara Vehicle is more accurate in vehicle mode (and uses what is considered the best figure of the line as a base).
>>
>>5828731
>Hasbro robot is (barely) more accurate in robot mode (of a terrible figure)

Takara's robot mode literally looks nothing like the original.
>>
>>5828732
In terms of part placement in comparision to the Takara one.
>>
>>5828663
the headmasters thing was an old G1 gimmick, i know. but whats so special about it these days?
>>
>>5828731
>of a terrible figure
the Brawl mode is solid as fuck. You don't even own it, do you? Or do you own the shitty UW version that has the non-locking waist?
>>
File: 1468704663382.gif (2MB, 500x391px) Image search: [Google]
1468704663382.gif
2MB, 500x391px
>>5828740
>Or do you own the shitty UW version that has the non-locking waist?
>>
>>5828741
>Takaracuck gets buttmad that his premium price version has garbage QC
Topkek
>>
File: 300px-Conspiracy-Scavenger.jpg (17KB, 300x224px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Conspiracy-Scavenger.jpg
17KB, 300x224px
>>5828711
Same here mate.

I also noted that Kapowtoys put up CW Computron way overpriced just so that people will buy it when it's on "sale".
>>
File: Wreckers1.jpg (187KB, 1000x736px) Image search: [Google]
Wreckers1.jpg
187KB, 1000x736px
>>5828702
>some examples of hasbro putting effort into something over takara
Only stuff are the things Takara didn't release under them.
>>
>>5828738
The kids who grew up and couldn't move on from their old cartoons are now lardass virgins who can finally get head
>>
>>5828758
Including yourself, yes?
>>
>>5828758
>now_thats_what_i_call_edgy.jpg
>>
File: 1469906580735.jpg (28KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1469906580735.jpg
28KB, 400x300px
>>5828760
Nah.
While you lardasses are fighting and sperging over stupid autistic bullshit,
I'm drowning in pussy!
I can literally makeout with all of the women in this room!
Enjoy your autism faggots!
>>
File: edgy_megsy.jpg (13KB, 206x315px) Image search: [Google]
edgy_megsy.jpg
13KB, 206x315px
>>5828758
>>
>>5828702
I think it's just a play on how "puffy" he is. Or deriving from "Powermaster".

I don't really question these memes because they seem like they're just made by one dude more or less and through persistence make it into the collective culture.
>>
File: p20160726-014729.jpg (182KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
p20160726-014729.jpg
182KB, 800x800px
>>5828771
>>
>>5828250
how do you have the legs inside the legs? I thought they were riveted to the side.
>>
>>5828779
It's a simple screw, not a rivet. Use unscrew it. Or pop the croclegs off the ball joints.
>>
File: OMN10000[1].jpg (36KB, 752x564px) Image search: [Google]
OMN10000[1].jpg
36KB, 752x564px
>>5828498
They're the stall selling the Imitation Chocolate labeled "Chocoatron" for the largest price. It's got lavish detail in its designwork, but it's the same shitty quality as the actual chocolate.

And sometimes you pay the high cost and the chocolate inside the wrapper is already melted.
>>
>>5828237
Yes

But for the love of god I wish Hasbro do some market polling. You know how hard it is to hunt down new smaller figures (deluxe, legend, masters) when only 1 or 2 figure per a box are what people really want? Instead of the current wave, they should box it 2 hardhead, and 2 other figures, and left one over for the next wave.
>>
File: headcrab maximus.jpg (753KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
headcrab maximus.jpg
753KB, 1600x1200px
>Customers who purchased standard fort max from us will be receiving either a hasbro sword or promo sticker set thanks to our Hasbro Partners Globally

>premium collectables

Which one of you lucky fuckers bought a hasbro fort max from them?

(I kinda wish I did now)
>>
Moment of truth boys:

Titans Return Fortress Maximus + Perfect Effect Master Sword?

or

SDCC Fortress Maximus?
>>
File: 20160731_212611.jpg (175KB, 1457x1212px) Image search: [Google]
20160731_212611.jpg
175KB, 1457x1212px
This is not a Transformer
>>
>>5828806
Yeah, but it's still kind of cool looking. Tomica something or other, correct?
>>
>>5828337
>Kamen Rider Dragon Knight
>15 years ago

Wew.
>>
>>5828477
Hasbro funds development for generations.
>>
File: 20160731_215517.jpg (107KB, 1048x734px) Image search: [Google]
20160731_215517.jpg
107KB, 1048x734px
>>5828813
Yes, Tomica Hyper Series something something. There's better picture/video reviews out there so you can check those for more. One thing nice about this Hyper Builder set is that they've included an attachment for the chainsaw with a 5mm peg so even your TFs can use it.
>>
>>5828616
Well be a piece of shit why don't you?
>>
>>5828449
Where? Even TRU seems to be keeping the price lower than CW.
>>
>>5828730

We used to get exclusives but the Americans shit themselves to death over us getting something they didn't, so we don't get nice things anymore.
>>
>>5828875
Who would have thought that the market that actually has real people money instead of monopoly money gets treated better
>>
>>5828882

>real people money

Even with the pound doing as badly as it is right now, it's still worth more than the dollar, mate. But then that's the issue. We're a smaller but more expensive market. Same as Japan.
>>
>>5828337
>>5828314
Except Transformers as a brand is worth shit in Japan. You can't fucking get them anywhere really.
I live in Tokyo and get my TF's from the same places Americans do, sites like HLJ and amiami. Far fucking easier than trying 10 shops the day after a figure is released and finding nothing because each shops got 2-3 in stock.
>>
>>5828336

Except I paid ¥4500 in a Tokyo retail store for fucking Skullcruncher. $45USD for a standard deluxe 'mainline' figure.
>>
>>5828910

I walked into Sunshine City TRU in May and came out with like a half-dozen TFs.
>>
>>5828365
The fucking thing is, Takara's figures are expensive as fuck IN JAPAN. You aren't paying a premium for the 'import' cost when their RRP in their own country is retarded.
>>
>>5828918
The only shit I see in most TRU's is whatever kiddy line is going on, so currently Transformers Adventure stuff (and shelf warming Transformers Go Ratchet).
Can't for fuck find Legends or Masterpiece most of the time. The only Legends figures recently that seemed to get to most stores were the three Fembots, and Blackarachnia is a shelfwarmer.
>>
>>5828922

Yeah, fair enough. It was the fembots and some RID stuff I picked up.
>>
>>5828721
Or how about everyone just buys the toys they personally prefer on a case by case basis? There's no need for a "war" of any kind. Just buy what you think looks best and move on. I don't get why everyone argues so much about HAS VS TAK. Are you guys just board?
>>
File: images (3).jpg (19KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
19KB, 443x332px
>>5828931
Yes. I am board.
>>
>>5828931
Shh anon don't put any logic in your reply or that anon might blow up.
>>
What's everyone's feeling about the Beast Hunters Optimus Prime? I got it new for $15 (Was originally $60). I'm not sure how I feel about him

Should I keep it until I get a better Optimus or just chuck it and accept the fact I wasted money on something they were practically giving away at Target?
>>
>>5828910
Its funny, I think a lot of Western fans see takara as being really dedicated to fans and the line being huge for collectors, when in comparison its pretty minimum compared to a ton of other Japanese lines. I guess its because a lot off American collectors don't buy import things outside Transformers.
>>
>>5828833
>>5828806

Ok that looks pretty rad. Got any pics of his other modes?
>>
File: 20160314_202942.jpg (82KB, 958x806px) Image search: [Google]
20160314_202942.jpg
82KB, 958x806px
>>5828919
It's more like toys are really, *really* cheap in the USA.

Say, in Singapore, the MSRP of our Hasbro RiD Warriors are USD 22~
I got this TAV Supreme Bumblebee near it's yen price of 2700 yen, which converts to USD 26~

In some cases, importing from the States + shipping fee is still cheaper than paying local MSRPs.
>>
File: 20160731_214406.jpg (119KB, 1220x727px) Image search: [Google]
20160731_214406.jpg
119KB, 1220x727px
>>5828945
The two hyper builder vehicles have no walker mode, but they have simplified Wall-E modes.
>>
>>5828943
I like the voyager BH prime more.
>>
>>5828960
>THOSE FACES
>>
>>5828962
Not a fan of the rotating chambers?
>>
>>5828973
Nah. That's whatever. I think the voyager size works better, looks better, and the big primes sword is goofy looking compared to the voyager.
>>
>>5828978
Would you chuck the Prime or would you keep it if you had it in your possession? I'm on the fence about him. I'm not a huge Transformers collector and had to start over due to losing ALL my old toys from a storage thing. The only Transformers I have currently are the Optimus I showed you, Masterpiece Grimlock, War for Cybertron Grimlock and War for Cybertron Soundblaster (because I can't fucking find Soundwave)

I wanted an Optimus and when I saw this guy on clearance I decided to buy him but now I'm not sure if he's worthy of being kept or not.
>>
>>5828987
Are you incapable of making your own decisions? If you're second-guessing your purchase, you don't need our approval on your feelings.
>>
File: B3774-SUPERION-2.jpg (335KB, 1688x2048px) Image search: [Google]
B3774-SUPERION-2.jpg
335KB, 1688x2048px
I need an autobot combiner to fight my Bruticus. Do I get Victorion or G2 Superion because I missed out on the regular aerialbots?
>>
>>5828995
>Are you incapable of making your own decisions?

Yes

>If you're second-guessing your purchase, you don't need our approval on your feelings.

I'm not looking for approval, I'm looking for advice from the dedicated hobbyist.
>>
File: 20160801_000601.jpg (295KB, 2247x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160801_000601.jpg
295KB, 2247x1836px
>>5828960
I joke about >>5828511 but it's still feels great to see extra-hollow-filling plastic.
>>
>>5828806
>>5828833
Ok it has a big fucking chainsaw and it's from a line of municipal service themed transforming/combining robots, I'm fucking sold.
>>
>>5828996
You get Defensor
>>
>>5828996
Both are honestly good sets. However, since you already have Onslaught, it would be better to get Superion. The Silverbolt mold will be a neat new experience.

(If you were already in the mood for Autobots, get Sky Lynx too. He goes well with the G2 Aerialbots.)
>>
>>5828341
Nice grasp of scale of economics there, retard.
>>
>>5828919
Smaller market, smaller production, less profits which is offset by the higher prices.
>>
>>5829013
>scale of economics
Nice made up term, retard
>>
>>5828998
Keep it, bruh. It seems like a fun enough toy.
>>
>>5828998
>>Are you incapable of making your own decisions?
>Yes

If I ask you to dedicate the next 3 years of your life hunting down a MISB G1 Overlord to sell it to me for $10 would you do it?
>>
File: fghfghf.jpg (271KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
fghfghf.jpg
271KB, 1024x768px
>>5828434
Head's right here.
>>
>>5829025
>compatibility with TR bases
>enough room for deluxes as well as the little guys
>no shoehorning of headmaster gimmick because of the gojira head
Oh shit, I'm getting hyped.
>>
File: CbkCUg8UEAEY32A.jpg large.jpg (240KB, 1024x1365px) Image search: [Google]
CbkCUg8UEAEY32A.jpg large.jpg
240KB, 1024x1365px
>>5828996
I'd go with G2 Superion since Pyro Magna and the copter girls got some issues.

>>5829009
This.
>>
>>5829023
if I get it for a decent price and I knew you well enough I don't see why I wouldn't unless I'm spending x10 the amount you're asking for.

But even then, if we were friends I would give a discount and possibly give it as a present for a birthday or holiday. It would be one of those "I found this for you, maybe you can help me sometime" kind of bargaining chips.

>>5829019
I do like the chambers, it just seems silly in comparison to my other TF maybe that's why it's so off-putting to me.
>>
>>5828769
Fuck off back to TFW, D-Unit.
>>
>>5829018
http://www.investopedia.com/articles/03/012703.asp

Eat shit, moron.
>>
>>5829032
I just realized that golden Slingshot works much better on Sky Reign than he does on Superion. Wow.
>>
>>5829040
That article is clearly titled "Economies of Scale" not "Scale of Economics". "Scale of Economics" does not exist. Economies of scale do

>>5829033
Helpful hint: G1 Overlord goes for prices well above $2000 these days
>>
>>5829045
Really? You're sperging out over the order of the words? Okay autismo.

>semantics is my only argument
>>
>>5829034
Take your forum drama back there.
>>
>>5829045
>Helpful hint: G1 Overlord goes for prices well above $2000 these days

That doesn't seem too bad if I had 3 years to search for it AND save for it. I've got nothing else going on for me so it'd give me some gratification knowing I made someone's childhood dreams become a reality.
>>
>>5829009
>>5829032
I wouldn't follow this. G2 Superion has a hideous color scheme and the Silverbolt from that set has some tolerance issues. CW Sky Lynx is no better. He has floppy feet and bad ratchets.

I'd go with Defensor. He's always been Bruticus' nemesis in fiction and is a pretty good figure especially alongside his Decepticon counterpart. You should be able to get him for cheap on Ebay, or if you're lucky, locally.
>>
>>5829045
Why does Overlord go for so much on the aftermarket? Asking this as someone who didn't really know who he was until Hasbro teased him last Toy Fair.
>>
>>5829034
Eat my D-Unit, faggot.
>>
>>5828947
Man, and I always balk at our prices. Praise to be free.
>>
>>5829049
I'm not sperging, I'm pointing out a massive flaw in your insult.

Also, because economies of scale are entirely irrelevant in that example. If all 3 stalls of chocolate are coming from the exact same manufacturer why would economies of scale matter?

>>5829053
It'd be fairly easy to piece together a loose Overlord via Ebay if you knew what you were doing. Unfortunately I did mention MISB.

>>5829055
Japanese only character, produced in extremely limited amounts, has become fairly popular since IDW turned him into a murderous unstoppable edgelord killing machine, etc.
>>
Picked up Hardhead yesterday and he's a lot of fun to play with. Titans Return is looking to be a huge improvement from Combiner Wars
>>
>there are two Rewinds running around the IDW universe
>Current rewind is rewind
>First rewind got ejected with overlord but gets rebuilt
>This rewind is called ejected rewind to differentiate from current rewind
>Eject for short
>Gay threesome with chromedome ensues
>>
>>5829066
You're forgetting about the already existing gay threesome between Cyclonus, Tailgate and Getaway
>>
>>5829066
>Chromedome takes advantage of having two lovers by jumping back and forth between them
>Rewind and Eject realize what a piece of shit Domey really is
>They both eventually leave him for Blaster

We come full circle.
>>
File: 14.jpg (34KB, 477x322px) Image search: [Google]
14.jpg
34KB, 477x322px
>>5829076
>All these gay robot orgies

I also come, anon.
Hard.
>>
>>5829079
How haven't you been banned for avatarfagging yet?
>>
>>5829076
>Chromedome meets a flamboyant flaming homobot fashion designer called Stylor
>Stylor gives Domey head

Everything is geewun once again
>>
File: 24.jpg (34KB, 476x320px) Image search: [Google]
24.jpg
34KB, 476x320px
>>5829088
Don't be like that, anon.
>>
File: my reviews are too long.jpg (9KB, 150x200px) Image search: [Google]
my reviews are too long.jpg
9KB, 150x200px
>>5828356
>>
>>5829063
>, has become fairly popular since IDW turned him into a murderous unstoppable edgelord killing machine, etc.

Overlord was going for hundreds way before IDW ever existed. Since the 90's he's been a grail for a lot of collectors.
>>
>>5829032
>Pyro Magna and the copter girls got some issues

Like what?
>>
>>5829105
I know. IDW helped double his selling price
>>
File: wave.jpg (169KB, 598x813px) Image search: [Google]
wave.jpg
169KB, 598x813px
>>5829055
>Only released in Japan and some parts of Europe
>Fuckhuge
>Tons of accessories that could get lost
>Damn good toy for being G1
I picked one up for a decent price a couple of years ago and it feels pretty nice to have in my collection, but I wouldn't say that it's worth the cost now.
>>
>>5829111
Hope the new one comes with 2 Headmasters.
>>
Stupid question, where should one start in the way of Transformers comics?
>>
>>5828237
i love them. I like making base modes out of deluxe figures
>>
>>5829114
From the left.
>>
>>5829120
Cool, thanks!
>>
>>5829106
>Plastic quality feels cheaper compared to other figures
>You'll most likely have to fix Pyro Magna's legs
>Copter mold is known for cracking
You might not find it too much of a dealbreaker, but it's worth putting out there.
>>
>>5829124

That guy is rusing you, don't listem to him. The way to start is from the right, everybody knows that.
>>
File: 1469712662965.jpg (63KB, 250x323px) Image search: [Google]
1469712662965.jpg
63KB, 250x323px
>>5829120
>>
>>5829113
Why? So you can have a normal head and a girly head?
>>
>>5829045
>>5829053
You should check Artfire2000, that guy has an MIB Overlord for abut 900 usd and loose for 280 to 350 ish.
>>
>>5829129
Toy head, and IDW head.
>>
>>5829106
>Glass ceiling
>Pay discrepancy
>Workplace harrassment
>Gender discrimination
>>
Brawl's abdomen may suck but it gives him the freedom to pull off some quality crotch thrusts. What other Transformers toys have crotches that won't quit?
>>
File: Dezsaras-laughing.jpg (23KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Dezsaras-laughing.jpg
23KB, 320x240px
>>5829155
>>
>>5829158
That pic needs arcee kneeling in front
And cuckrod in the corner
>>
>>5829163
Leia pose, or giving him Headmaster?
>>
>>5829163
Fuck off.
>>
>>5829163

I would but my family is in that room just out of frame. Thankfully, they respect my hobby and I don't want that to change.
>>
File: master piece hot rod cartoon.jpg (44KB, 400x308px) Image search: [Google]
master piece hot rod cartoon.jpg
44KB, 400x308px
>>5829168
Jealous because someone's getting ut on with your waifu?
>>
>>5828796
off who
>>
>>5829176
I'm sick of the shit memes, piss off to 9gag, I think you'll like it there.
>>
>>5829180
t. Cuck Rod
>>
>>5829180

We are in need of some fresh humor. The "Autismo and friends" series jumped the shark a while ago.
>>
>>5829186
Exactly, though most of those images are forced as fuck.
>>
>>5828943
I am against all non-G1 Optimus Prime, so waste of money, but even if I wasn't, I hate the modern day fat Optimus Prime, so it would still be a waste of money.
>>
>>5829188
>>5829186
Hey Let’s take Jesus off the dashboard
Got enough on his mind.
Post new OC then instead.
These threads are just full of recycled forced memes and whinings and rants and shit.
>>
>>5828447
How do you secure the tail in place?
>>
>>5828237
Not holding my interest because it's still not available here. About the only thing I really was interested in is Fort Max but they've already bungled distribution of it.
>>
>>5828304
As if you Hascuckservatives have the slightest clue either.
>>
>>5829066
Not really; OG IDW Rewind was confirmed killed in the comic. Right before Chromedrome blew up the shuttle containing Rewind/Overlord, Overlord basically ATE Rewing's head via biting it off, killing him.
>>
>>5829200
If I thought something humourous was worth sharing, then I would share it, and it'd be a hell of a lot more witty than "lol, lets call hot rod, cuck rod! I'm so fucking hilar...wit...funny"
>>
>>5828806
Your MOM's not a Transformer.
>>
>>5829217
They know how to cheerlead!

>Alpha Bravo, Rook and Offroad: absolute genius. Why are you so retarded?

>Minimus Ambus: Love It! IDW is the new black!

>Headmaster Galvatron, Astrotrain, Alpha Trion, Scourge, Blurr, Sixshot and Breakaway: Takaracuck BTFO!
>>
>>5829225
First rule of fiction, a character isn't 100% dead unless you see the corpse.
>>
>>5829227
But you laughed when they called megatron autismo
>>
>>5829259
Did I? I don't remember doing such a thing.
>>
>>5829113
Tr overlord should have 3 heads. Giga, mega and ultra. Ultra has the g1 head giga and mega have two idw heads. This way you can rotate the heads but still have 2 at all times to fill in the chest.
>>
>>5829309

He's probably going to come with one head, and it'll be an IDW one most likely, just like Chromedome.
>>
>>5829319
The Takara one will be MF accurate.
>>
>>5829319
I would expect two myself, one for each vehicle.

That's assuming Overlord is even in the TR style. He might be part of whatever the Prime Wars Part 3 is.
>>
>>5829329
Can Overlord's heads combine into a larger one?
>>
>>5829329

Why would he come with two heads? I know, Masterforce whatever, but lets face it: Hasbro is a bunch of cheap fucks. It's two vehicles that turn into one robot, so he's gonna come with one head.
>>
>>5829337
Two tiny figure turning into one head would be a nightmare.
>>
>>5829337
G1 Overlord was a double powermaster.
>>
>>5829337
It could happen, but I imagine it won't happen. I expect a helmet like Blaster or PMOP, with the two heads allowing for different faces.

The head not used in the helmet could be stored in one of the vehicle cockpits.
>>
Walgreens Brainstorm is still not available, but at least he's showing up on Ebay, so he should be popping up soon.
>>
Don't know if I'll get Overlord, I'm probably going to get Sixshot since the headmaster gimmick can probably be mostly ignored, but Overlord really should be a Powermaster/Godmaster.
>>
File: Mega_human.jpg (56KB, 232x600px) Image search: [Google]
Mega_human.jpg
56KB, 232x600px
>>
File: Cancer_and_mega.jpg (63KB, 425x326px) Image search: [Google]
Cancer_and_mega.jpg
63KB, 425x326px
>>
File: BrainstormScalpimusMaximus.jpg (44KB, 742x240px) Image search: [Google]
BrainstormScalpimusMaximus.jpg
44KB, 742x240px
>>5829350
>showing up on eBay
>lets go take a look

Hahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa
>>
>>5829360
Lesbian witch princess?
>>
>>5829383
People own him by now yes? the sdcc one?
>>
>>5829386

Yeah SDCC sets are on eBay and some specialty sites and will be on HTS the...5th or 9th or something, of Aug.
>>
File: Giga_and_mega.jpg (73KB, 365x497px) Image search: [Google]
Giga_and_mega.jpg
73KB, 365x497px
>>5829385
Nah, she's quite straight.

Married to this dude.
>>
File: Deluxe - Brainstorm - Robot.jpg (341KB, 679x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Deluxe - Brainstorm - Robot.jpg
341KB, 679x1200px
>>5829393
Anyone know if the little wings in robot mode can move at all?
>>
File: ssfafa.png (2MB, 1080x721px) Image search: [Google]
ssfafa.png
2MB, 1080x721px
>>5829383
I said he was available, I'm not crazy enough to pay for it.

Oh yeah, there's a summary for another Legends comic up, and here's the comic.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Legends_Comic:_Bonus_Edition_Vol._21

Apparently, the TM vehicles are characters in Japan.
>>
>>5829404

I see visible hinges right in the pic man.
>>
>>5829407

I do as well, I want to know if they actually work or are just detail.
>>
>>5829405
I wonder if they will all be drone or if some are just vehicles?
>>
>>5829405
>That callback to the Voyager Brainstorm comic.

Never change, Chromedome.
>>
>>5829405
The wiki liststhe Autobot Targetmasters, Rewind, Brainstorm and Steeljaw in this comic. I already found Brainstorm, but I can't find the others.

I wish we had better scans.
>>
File: image.jpg (162KB, 425x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
162KB, 425x640px
>>5829102
He's at a Con, that's not really "in public."

People often wear stuff they'd never wear in public at Cons.
>>
>>5829229
Offroad>Wildrider though
>>
>>5828483
>what is inflation
Okay there's probably still a price increase relative to inflation, but money isn't worth as much these days.
>>
>>5828770
kek I made that
>>
>>5829471
>offroad

Lateral Que?
>>
>>5829436
Rewind's above FM's head in the first panel, Steeljaw is apparently being obscured by the "chapter 21" box. Can't make out the heads well.
>>
File: Strongarm repaint.jpg (212KB, 924x800px) Image search: [Google]
Strongarm repaint.jpg
212KB, 924x800px
>>5828633
I knew the Takara version would have much better paint, I got the hasbro version for $15 at kmart and took almost 4 hours to give it a proper paint job
>>
>>5829620
>one of the most underpainted toys I ever saw
So you haven't seen one-step Ratchet? He's on par with her, if not worse.
>>
>>5829620
THIN YOUR FUCKING PAINTS
Jesus christ did you use fucking Tipex for the white?
>>
>>5829404
>>5829404
Brainstorm be looking awfully feminine.
>>
>>5829657
It is the lack of a manly mouth and thin limbs
>>
>>5829657
Respect xir faction-pronouns.
>>
>>5829666
>manly mouth
What did Satan mean by this?
>>
>>5829680
Big chin and nose, lips are not colored, more "rough" look.
>>
>>5828447
oh amazing, i wanted to see how it would look if you swap the parts of clobber and crashbash
>>
Deco aside, how's the new Scourge?
>>
>>5829770
Inferior, compromised by gimmick. But he's a flying soap dish so the GEEWUNNERS accept it.
>>
>>5829779
But headmaster gimmicks are cash
>>
>>5829788
>headmaster gimmicks are trash
Fixed your typo.
>>
>>5829770
>>5829779
disagree. he's fun. not the best in the wave, but definitely pretty good. he is a bit hinders by the gimmick if that bothers you that much. but he can be transformed back and forth while keeping the head on although you end up witha head out the boat's ass
>>
>>5829770
Needs more edge
>>
http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/07/30/transformers-online-gameplay-footage-character-class-trailer-cybertron-con-2016-320839

Opinions?
>>
>>5829858
>TFW
It's shit.
>>
Requesting a pic of TR Powermaster Prime without the bayformer chestplate.
>>
>>5829770
Better than the Generations one
>>
>>5828943
It's kind of neat in that it's fucking huge, but it's not a good toy in other ways. The wheel gun is kind of cool but I wish it was removable.

>>5829190
This is autism. There is literally no reason for any other G1 Prime ever again since MP-10 exists.
>>
File: 1465582221102.jpg (7KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
1465582221102.jpg
7KB, 236x236px
>>5829894
>people think this
>>
>>5829620
It looks better with the blue highlights
>>
>>5829217
Considering all of you fell for the same marketing scheme I'd say we have a better understanding of business and marketing than you do.
>>5829229
None of these are actual issues. The 3 new members help bring variety and realism into the special teams, while Minimus Ambus is a nice reference to ongoing fiction. The headmasters of non-headmaster characters is interesting but unnecessary.
>>
>>5829867
Dammit you guys

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5qFTeBn-BS8&ebc=ANyPxKriDG60HmOXycgUWRIxcKt54XWqqb4ZKsA_L6aYHC8GrdgXTJEHSCi9veQhtvrQl3QcZAAg

I'm mobile, so excuse the link
>>
>>5830006
Like most TF games these days, I have two questions:
-how many cool designs will this get that never see the life of day elsewhere or as a toy?
-how many weeks will this game last before they start over again?
>>
>>5828784
Is it secure with them de? Can it be transformed afterward?
>>
>>5829638
citadel, and I DID thin them, I don't think the problem was the consistency of the paint so much as those door panels were so smooth the paint didn't want to stick to it evenly.
>>
>>5829225
Overlord was bluffing though. they were both in a slow cell.
Thread posts: 379
Thread images: 80

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.