[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bionicle / CCBS General: Cancellation Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 606
Thread images: 86

File: image.jpg (222KB, 2001x1125px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
222KB, 2001x1125px
It's over folks! Thanks for playing!

>G1 Story Materialhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpfNrl6RIvM [Open]
http://biomediaproject.com/bmp/comics/
http://cross-wired-freak.tumblr.com/post/68472919868/bionicle-chronicles-bionicle-adventures-bionicle

>G2 Story Material
http://www.lego.com/en-us/bionicle/story/episode-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsoT-fPe0LU&index=1&list=PLhu2VtAo89tdVuLXHS5tJUJNp3xgmWLKn [Open]

>For builders:
http://ldd.lego.com/en-us/
http://www.bricklink.com/
http://biomediaproject.com/bmp/building-instructions/

Mask of Control is out on iOS and Android and just got updated. Still can't get it? Go here:
https://apkpure.com/lego%C2%AE-bionicle%C2%AE-2/com.lego.bionicle.maskofcontrol

Makuta Building Contest August 1st: https://www.lego.com/en-us/videos/themes/bionicle/lego-bionicle-contest-video-a74b0b3ddf4d4701a6d60fec4279c583##sp=200

Old thread: >>5792398 → #
>>
Everything after the first wave has been shit and nothing of value has been lost.
RIP
>>
>>5825461
Agreed.
>>
Rip TTV/BZP.
>>
>>5825461
Nah
>>
>>5825458
as a lego fan who thinks bonkle is faggotry of the highest order, please accept my heartfelt condolences for your collective loss.
>>
I really wanted to like this theme, and I tried but I just phased out really hard as the Skelefolk were being released.
I was never happy with the assembled product as is(whether it was the proportions, gappy builds or just the color scheme) and constantly found myself bricklinking parts and spending hours on trying to improve upon the set.
A lot of the time I was happy with the results, but while working on Kulta I realized I'm shelling out too much extra money on parts for the sets and putting too much time and effort into improving something that should look good as soon as I assemble it. MOCing is fun, but it really began to feel like a chore when the product I was paying for needed so much improvement.

I'm sorry for those of you who enjoyed the theme, but hopeful maybe LEGO learns from their mistakes and come out with something better.
>>
>>5825461
Found the systemfag.
>>
What made Bionicle interesting in the first place was the sheer novelty of the whole thing. Second generation Bionicle didn't have the novelty the first one did. It didn't come close.

Good riddance
>>
File: 20160729_175302.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160729_175302.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
So I recently took my old collection out of storage to see if I still had any fun MOCing but it seems the spark is dead so now I'm looking to sell it. The collection is from 2001-2009 but there are missing sets. From 2001 to 2005 I didn't get all of the mainline sets but from 06 onward I did get every canister set plus whatever my child self could afford for titans. They were toys to me as a kid not collectors items so some pieces are damaged but most are in good condition. My question is how much do you guys think I could get for this and if I can't find a buyer locally what do I do with it to sell them from there?
>>
>>5825489
You will love Lego next theme: CCBS NEXO Knights
>>
If STAR WARS hadn't stolen Bionicle's budget none of this would have happened
>>
Is It wrong to shitpost at BZPower?
>>
>>5825656
no, but they'll give you a warning for posting so much as "awwwww yeah" in a thread with a cool moc

apparently posting vaguely positive statements is "spam"?
>>
Best sets of G2

Onua 1
Ikir
Ekimu Vs Grinder
Umarak
Destroyer
Ekimu
Makuta???
>>
Hey assholes, were any of the uniters worth getting? The Toa wannabe nuva
>>
>>5825728
Onua and Lewa. Solid builds, good colors.
>>
File: IMG_20160118_181535.jpg (74KB, 478x630px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160118_181535.jpg
74KB, 478x630px
Guys I just heard that bonkles were cancelled again. I haven't even picked up any sets from the winter wave yet. Kinda sad to see it go without titans or bigger models.

RIP again.
>>
Man, I was hoping we'd at least get the MoUP and a Makuta set at the very least. Ending it with 2/3 masks is pretty disappointing.
>>
File: RIP bonkles again.jpg (63KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
RIP bonkles again.jpg
63KB, 960x540px
F
>>
>>5825807
Everyone start emailing Lego
>>
are there download links yet for journey to one?
>>
>>5825817
Dear Lego

You're all a bunch of fucking faggots. Fuck Star Wars, fuck Nexo Knights and fuck Dimensions.
Now give me my fucking Mask of Ultimate Power.

Sincerely, Black Six, onwer and admin of BZPower.
>>
Welp
>>
>>5825817
We're unlikely at all to get any sort of MoUP release, the design they used on those developer models were the grainy prototype pieces from a printer. Pretty sure they don't have a mold for the mask, nor will they even bother to make one since they probably made this decision even earlier than this announcement.
>>
File: bioni.png (27KB, 877x480px) Image search: [Google]
bioni.png
27KB, 877x480px
How did G2 fuck up THIS bad?
>>
>>5825830
I now think it's fine it got cancelled
>>
So if we all disregarded the cancellation and jto ended differently that would tie into year 3 how would it have gone? What's the typical headcannon surrounding year 3 and what it could've been?
>>
>>5825835
>>
>>5825839
More Shadow stuff. Exploring the Shadow City, evading Makuta, discovering the prophecy as a group, before ending the same (star beams to seal Makuta up).
>>
File: Get In The Fucking Box.jpg (472KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Get In The Fucking Box.jpg
472KB, 1280x960px
How about we post some Slizers/Throwbots?
>>
>>5825839
we know that the mask of time wouldve played a role, a lego employee confirmed that we would get a new version of it in a set later on at nycc 2014. not anymore i guess...
>>
>>5825839
I was waiting for the moment that would reveal g2 heros were the original toa.
>>
to rub salt on the wound they cancel bionicle AND not distribute the last wave in australia. fuck this im gonna have to pay 1.5x the price with our shirty ass currency buying overseas.
>>
>>5825855
cute pic
>>
>>5825909
Fyi palerino. Quake beast is limited on a shitton of sites and out of stock at S@H. And the sites you will find him will be for $30+ not including shipping.
>>
>>5825597
Look on ebay and compare. That lot looks really appealing to me, just compare with what others are selling and their prices.
>>
Huh. It's over? I was waiting for a set I might like, or something interesting to happen story wise.
I liked Skull Grinder's build, but that's about it. None of the main Toa caught my eye, and i was hoping they would get a more interesting upgrade eventually.
>>
Was a single, short wave of sets too much to hold out for? It's so fucking ridiculous that they couldn't give us just one more set. Or hell, a polybag with the MoUP.
>>
>>5825830
Gotta love that tumblr faggotry.
>>
>>5825965
>Light skinned people evolved to absorb more sunlight because dark places
>Onua lives underground
>He's the baritone muscleman so obviously token black guy

Onua humanized is a Norse powerhouse. Not a negroid. That'd be Tahu.
>>
File: 1406322474916.jpg (12KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1406322474916.jpg
12KB, 400x300px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjbiNuEv60c

Anyone else think a Boneheads of Voodoo Island release done in CCBS would be pretty cool?
>>
How far back was this being considered for cancellation? Do all the 2016 clearanced sets and not being in any stores besides toyrus show that this was planned at the beginning of this year or sooner?
>>
File: evillaugh.jpg (583KB, 1025x585px) Image search: [Google]
evillaugh.jpg
583KB, 1025x585px
>>5825458
The evil laugh was real, guys
>>
>>5826013
They said 'middle of the Netflix production' was when the decision came down. So I'm assuming around the end of 2015. The Eurobricks guy knew about it for the last two months but had signed a NDA so couldn't say anything.
>>
>>5826046
What could've happened in just 1 wave of 2015 for them to decide cancelling though? It just doesn't make sense if they decided it in less than a year.
>>
>>5826061
Probably the "not muh" response from the fandom. Plus the first couple of waves didn't attract a lot of attention from kids, leading to low sales.
>>
>>5825458
Huh and I never even bought a single g2 set yet. I guess I indirectly contributed to it's failure.

I wanted wave 1 kopaka. He looked badass. Never found one in a store or bothered to get one online though
>>
>"Currently, the last wave of LEGO® BIONICLE® products is launching in Europe and North America. These products will, however, not reach the shelves in Asia and the Pacific markets."

no! you fuckers! nooooo
>>
File: lewa.png (96KB, 680x553px) Image search: [Google]
lewa.png
96KB, 680x553px
>>5825814
Starting to have flashbacks to bionicle ending in 2009, needless to say it feels easier this time
>F
>>
So, what do you guys think the next CBBS sets theme will be? (besides Star Wars that is)
>>
File: Get a load of this guy.png (218KB, 433x372px) Image search: [Google]
Get a load of this guy.png
218KB, 433x372px
>>5826102
>he thinks there will be a ccbs line that isn't star wars
>>
>>5826102
I'd bet a Hero Factory reboot.
>>
Should we make a hashtag to LEGO's Twitter to see if they can get the MoUP?

I'm thinking #LEGOMakutaSet. Anyone else?
>>
>>5826130
I'm thinking more on the lines of "#fuckyouLEGO"
>>
>>5826131
Yeah, I'm sure that will be real effective.
>>
>tfw think you managed to nab all the G2 toa before it was over but you're not sure and you can't check due to being away from home

Fuck I swear if I'm missing one of those faggots my autism will never let it rest.

I bet it's the Onu fucker I forgot.
>>
>>5826164
Being effective isn't the point, since hashtags' only purpose is to send a message, not changing something.
>>
Am I the only one who was sitting back, waiting for it to get good?
I didn't think I would contribute to killing it, I just didn't see any sets that looked decent to me besides the protectors, and their same mask was a little off putting.
>>
And here I was hoping Bionicle minifigs would show up again so they could be in Dimensions...
Sure none of the actual Bionicle minifigures in the past were great, but I really liked the Hero Factory ones and thought they might get similar treatment.
>>
>>5826219
>Sure none of the actual Bionicle minifigures

Those first singlemold minifigs sucked, but the later ones were kind of neat. I picked the Toa Terrain Crawler for about $50 last year, and it's a pretty nifty Giger rape train. It sucks that most of the Bionicle playsets weren't that good, needing more of that Giger world look, and more pieces.
>>
File: don't mention.png (1003KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
don't mention.png
1003KB, 1366x768px
>>5826219
>they could be in Dimensions
>>
File: rip.jpg (701KB, 1818x2289px) Image search: [Google]
rip.jpg
701KB, 1818x2289px
>>5825489
Exactly how I felt. Went all out on the first wave, but I've only bought two sets since then because they just looked too mediocre/devoid of care. The shitty animation on lego.com was so bad that I didn't even bother with JTO. Good bit of nostalgia fun, but I can't say I'm surprised it ended up this way. Too bad, but maybe it's finally time to move on to something new, Bionicle will live on in our hearts. Give the newer generation their own thing.
>>
Sooooooo Slizers reboot when?

On a side note fuck you Lego. Give me my MOUP
>>
File: box o scraps.jpg (297KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
box o scraps.jpg
297KB, 960x720px
Dang, Jang...

http://www.jangbricks.com/2016/07/bye-bye-bionicle.html
>>
File: 1461715656532.jpg (240KB, 1273x1415px) Image search: [Google]
1461715656532.jpg
240KB, 1273x1415px
So how do you think the last year would have gone? Judging by the Light/Shadow shit they threw in in the last episode, I think they would have done that and it would have been pretty parallel to . Kind of sucks how they threw in a Light area and a Shadow area in at the last second, because it would have been pretty cool to develop.

I'd have gone
>2016 ends pretty much the same way but Makuta comes back, the capital returns and a door to the shadow realm emerges above the city
>Toa and Ekimu flung somewhere by a blast
>Find some dumbfuck villager called Takua
>Toa+Ekimu+Takua go back to the mask maker's city and enter doors ala Ekimu and reach their final form
>Ekimu makes a Mask of Light and gives it to Takua
>Region of Shadow emerges around the Capital, Region of Light emerges around the Mask Maker's City

>Toa go find some shit (probably masks) guarded by shadowy small sets in wave 1 and come back, Takua does some shit (Temple of Time maybe)
>Takua puts on Mask and becomes Toa in wave 2 and goes with Toa back to Capital, they fight summer villians and then Makuta

>Ends same way as Journey to One with Takua+Toa beating Makuta, Toa sealing Makuta and hole to the shadow realm and going back to space and Takua becoming villager again, blah blah this is the legend of the Bionicle

$20
>Tahu, Kopaka, Onua
$15
>Lewa, Pohatu, Gali, Villager Takua+Something+Agil+MoL ($15)
$10
>6 Shadow Beasts for each region with Black, Gunmetal, TRANS-RED, and Trans-(Region Colour)

$15
>3 Shadow Guardians (Gunmetal, Black and TRANS-RED)
$20
>Takua Toa of Light (Gold and TRANS-YELLOW)
$30-$35
>Makuta the Shadow Titan (Gunmetal, Black and TRANS-RED)

And if I was feeling really crazy I'd include the Mask of Time top+bottom in the Takua set, and have Tahu wear it in the final Makuta battle

Ah well, it was fun anyway.
>>
>>5825830
>AIDS Kopaka

Gays are good for Tumblr because they can avoid including a straight fucking white male
>>
>>5826349
*pretty parallel to 2003
>>
I'm just pissed that we won't get makuta
>>
File: slizer1.jpg (1MB, 1881x1721px) Image search: [Google]
slizer1.jpg
1MB, 1881x1721px
>>5825855
>>
File: slizer2.jpg (1MB, 1713x1404px) Image search: [Google]
slizer2.jpg
1MB, 1713x1404px
>>5826374
>>
File: slizer3.jpg (1MB, 1686x1770px) Image search: [Google]
slizer3.jpg
1MB, 1686x1770px
>>5826383
>>
>>5825975
Wouldn't they all be Polynesians? Or Aztecs in the case of g2.
>>
>>5825774
>Lewa
>Solid build
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
>>
>>5825834
>People searched for Hero Factory before 2005
What the fuck?
>>
All things considered, I thought the handled the ending well enough.
>>
>>5826404
Other things, like shops, share the same name.
>>
>>5825476
as a bonkle fan who thinks all other form of lego is faggotry of the highest degree, thank you
>>
I said it on /v/ and I'll say it again here.

Did anyone honestly have hope for the reboot when the first villains introduced were fucking "skull spiders"?
>>
>>5826410
The ending was pretty garbage.

I ain't saying Lego owes us anything, but if they at least had an inkling they were going to end the line after this year, they should've just produced a Makuta set with the summer wave instead of blindsiding the fans and then doing the professional equivalent to "lol fuck you" when fans request the just release the MoUP.
>>
>>5826278
That was actually a little had to read.
>>
File: file.png (699KB, 1123x925px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
699KB, 1123x925px
0% CUDDLY GUYS, I SWEAR

Despite cancellation, autism must go on
>>
>>5826438
I'm not talking set wise. But the whole "everything was set in stone (literally) and Makuta was just been trying to beat fate for shits and giggles" thing, plus the Toa literally being elemental gods from the stars was awesome. I thought the final laser beam showdown was pretty sweet too.
>>
>>5826278
>Sales were very poor
He says that as if he's a fucking Lego executive. Lego themselves said sales were alright.
>>
File: file.png (4MB, 1182x1600px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
4MB, 1182x1600px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PS85ycXB_m0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8lGEfkhvYg

Reboot failed because it was based on the gaylden years instead of the actual golden year

Metru Nui best Nui, fight me faggots
>>
I'm mostly okay with Bionicle ending,but I wish it ended on a better note.
>>
>>5825461
The uniters and both Umaraks were really good, with the Skull Grinder set, Skull Basher, and Storm Beast in the "just good" tier.
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1488x838px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1488x838px
Time for the real original IPs with elements to step in, Bionifags

Probably should have been system instead of faggy CCBS
>>
>>5825830
oh god. the amount of pure degeneracy and cancer in this image is on a biblical scale. we deserve to burn in the Eternal Fire for this image alone.
>>
File: 70778-1.jpg (88KB, 659x690px) Image search: [Google]
70778-1.jpg
88KB, 659x690px
>>5825489
I think their best achievement was the small bionicles. back in the day, if a bionicle was small, it got the least articulation and was pretty much "impulse buy by the register" tier. but not anymore.

but i still miss Hero Factory's diverse villain line-up. sameskulls and samebeasts just arent as fun to collect
>>
>>5826513
>>
>>5825830
why is the white bionocle white, and the black binocle black?

wasnt that "racist" when jewban did it to power faggots? but now it's okay because a tumblr SJW did it
>>
>>5826510
I know you aren't talking set wise, that's why I made it separate. The only thing in response to your post was "The ending was pretty garbage."

And I dunno, I've just seen it all before, and it just seemed really rushed. Makuta's barely physically there and he's hyped up to be this evil overlord but he gets defeated in two seconds which is disappointing. And I guess the elemental god thing is passable at least but if they had more time to set it up if woulda felt more rewarding. Instead it gets explained in two seconds, and yeah "kids show four episodes yadda yadda" but that only happened because of how quickly the line got canceled, if they had another year it would've been alright.

I dunno, I don't mean to sound cynical. I was really optimistic about G2 and it just feels like 2010 all over again. I figured sales wouldn't meet expectations, but at least they'd see through to the end of their three year plan, and that never panned out. It just kinda bums me out and I need somewhere to vent about it where people actually give a shit about Bionicle. G2 just lacked any of the charm G1 had, but I convinced myself that it would get better because winter 2015 in my opinion expertly recaptured the magic of the first line, but it kinda peaked there and slowly declined. We went from Toa Mata to Stars in the course of a year and a half and it blows. At least we got actual sets to cap it off this time, but I dunno, it leaves a lot to be desired.

It makes the excitement for a possible G3 decrease because LEGO's track record regarding Bionicle's finales have failed to be satisfying twice now, and altogether just lives a bad taste in my mouth.
>>
>>5826564
How can ask that but completely ignore the fact that they made the fucking RED one Indian/Native American?
>>
Been depressed the last couple days but then I listened to Move Along. And you know what? Believe it or not, it helped a little.
>>
>>5826573
Something tells me you dunno.
>>
>>5826573
>he's hyped up to be this evil overlord but he gets defeated in two seconds which is disappointing.

That's pretty standard for Gen 2 story. LOSS, each of the skeleton leaders, especially Kulta. The only bad guy who lasted was Umarak, and that was mostly because of plot.
>>
>>5826519
I dunno, I still think 2001 trumps 2004. But it's really close. My only reasoning is because 2001 had this interesting concept of robots on a tropical island that acted like actual villagers on a tropical island. They were limited by their surroundings and antagonized by cool robotic animals while this unseen evil hid behind the curtain and pulled the strings.

2004 just kinda felt like generic robots fighting other generic robots in a generic technological city. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying 2004 is bad - I love 2004. If I had to rank it against other years it would be 2nd. The critique about how generic it all feels was only ever a minor gripe that keeps it from being a perfect year for me.
>>
>>5826610
lel sorry bad habit
>>
>>5826611
I agree it's pretty standard, but 2 seconds for your story's main villain though?
>>
>>5826573
>G3

Would be system
>>
>>5826617
Anon don't speak of such evils.
>>
>>5826616
It's probably a combination of the 'light' storytelling they apparently wanted to tell (I read they thought G1 got too detailed and didn't want to repeat that) and the early cancellation of the line. Someone mentioned that they thought the Netflix was supposed to be six episodes long (two per year), so I think year three would have been the Shadow Zone/City and would've given Makuta a bigger build up.

But Makuta did get a decent build, with what little they had- end of the webisodes and he was a presence commanding Umarak throughout the four episodes.
>>
>>5826620
The buildup was alright, yeah, but I meant when he was physically in the "flesh" not just a pair of floating eyes. What miffed me is that he wasn't even fully out of the portal when the Toa shot a laser at him, it was just over way too quick for their endgame villain.

Sorry, I didn't mean to explain it so badly.
>>
>>5825458
http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.php/BIONICLEsector01:An_Open_Letter_to_BIONICLE_Fans
Good news: All the stuff in the artbook is going to be on BS01.
>>
>>5826626
I agree, but I totally blame that on the series getting cut short.

Anyway, is anyone going to make their own stories? Now that the story is done, we've got the parts and bits to make our own stories.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-30-06-47-58.png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-30-06-47-58.png
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>5826632
Just do whatever you want
>>
>>5826632
I've basically just head-canoned that Makuta's motives throughout the story weren't for power but simply out of spite of Ekimu; since he blames his brother for his downfall.

I'd like to think he's not actually evil and just tried to dodge fate. Like it was never clear which brother would fall or how, and Makuta became paranoid and thought the MoUP would be the game breaker and change the flow of fate.

Other than that, an actual fight with Makuta right before he's beamed out of existence is all I think the conclusion should have had. A final dialogue between the brothers would've been so satisfactory. Maybe Makuta in disgust realizes Ekimu truly loved him and would have gladly traded places with him so he accepts his fate and lets the Toa send him back to the Shadow Realm. Similar to Raziel from Soul Reaver.

Also, anyone else going to use their Gold Kulta mask as their now permanent MoUP? I'm waiting on my summer wave sets in the mail so I can put a trans neon yellow skull on my mask pedestal to prop it up on.
>>
Fuck man, didn't it just come back in 2015 too? I might have to buy a few sets offa ebay now.
>>
>>5826647
They basically decided to cancel it right after it came back. Guess hyping the product up with the fans from ten years ago isn't exactly the best strategy to make actual kids buy it.
>>
>>5826645
I think that conversation could have happened AFTER they sent Makuta back to the Shadow Realm. Makuta can still influence Okoto from there. Personally, I believe Makuta only fucked shit up on the island because he had small chance to come back using the MoUP. Now that it's either destroyed or on the opposite side of the door it can only unlock from one end, he has no more chances to return, so why even bother trying anymore?

It could have ended with Makuta confronting Ekimu through the flames and coming to terms with his destructive ambition and perminant exile.
>>
>not to be released in asia & pacific
was wondering why the beasts and destroyer weren't here already, fuck
there goes my plans to buy anymore lego since getting parts for bionicle was my only motivation
>>
>>5826648
I'm pretty sure the decision was made around the start of this year, around May at latest.

Developing an entire new theme takes more than a year, I don't expect to see a replacement ready for next winter, or even next year.
>>
>>5826655
Well in my head, Makuta is about to get sent back after duking it out with the Toa, but Ekimu stops them to get through to him. I'd like to imagine that one of the brothers HAS to be in the Shadow Realm unless the fabric of reality unravel. And Makuta thought the MoUP would stop this from happening. So then in a split decision moment, Makuta realizes his true destiny and deliberately goes for Ekimu so the Toa shoot him back into the Shadow Realm.

I just have this scene in my head where we see Ekimu monologuing Makuta's final defeat; where he melts down the shards of the MoUP in their forge to finally sever the link between the realms and we just see him look at the stars as Makuta is shown gazing into the sky from the Capital and Ekimu says something like "United, but not one."

I'm totally fine with the cancellation; I just wish we got 5 more fucking minutes to actually wrap it up completely. Anyways, that's my ending. Ekimu watches over Okoto and Makuta watches over the Shadow Realm and though separated they have finally come to terms with the fact that they're brothers no matter what.
>>
File: 635987561017144524.jpg (108KB, 600x549px) Image search: [Google]
635987561017144524.jpg
108KB, 600x549px
Wait, are you telling me Bionicle is fucking kill AGAIN?
>>
>>5826735
Yup.
>>
so are the beasts, ekimu & umarak are the last sets or is there a final wave??
>>
>>5826749
No final wave, no special Makuta set, Mask of Ultimate Power will not be released in any way, shape, or form.
Only despair remains.
>>
>>5826735
apparently sales were weaker than Hero Factory was.
>>
>>5826740
>>
welp, if lego doesnt do another constraction line, im done with it, and i can finally get to other things
>>
Wait. The planet pulls power from the TOA? How does that even work? What does that even meeeean?
>>
>>5826765
Toa are timeless and mysterious and shit. They don't have to make sense.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59xBuij2Ivw
>>
>>5826765
I think it's just a coveluted way of saying that their power comes from within themselves, not the masks or the elements they control.
>>
>>5826278
Wait, he was planning on giving away his sets before Bionicle was canceled but heven still felt burned? Sure, it's hard to get invested in a line if Lego's gonna cancel it prematurely but why would you care if you're gonna shitcan any future reviews of 'em anyway?

There're more problems within is article, and no wonder I don't like him.
>>
>>5826795
Yeah, I've realized I fucking hate Jang as a person over the passed couple years.
>>
File: DSCN0097[1].jpg (504KB, 1054x953px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0097[1].jpg
504KB, 1054x953px
>>5826645
>anyone else going to use their Gold Kulta mask as their now permanent MoUP?

Kulta is My Bonkle Big Bad, so his gold mask is just his. Without at least a mask, I don't think I'm going to bother with having Makuta at all.

Umarak is Kulta's brother (the red/black Umarak mask was Kulta's original), but then Kulta discovered necrobonkle magic, raising his skull army. Ekimu, having retired from being the Mask Maker/God, was just living as a Protector when Kulta attacked with his skull army. Capturing the Mask of Creation, Kulta made his own "God" Mask, the golden skull mask, and to consolidate his power, he also captured the Mask of Control. Umarak eventually steals the Mask of Control in order to become as powerful if not stronger than Kulta. Unfortunately, the mask turns Umarak into a nearly mindless beast under Kulta's control...

I don't have any of the Toa, nor plan on getting them. I'm not sure where the story will go, but will probably involve either Star Wars crossover or Nexo Knight crossover.
>>
>>5826374
>>5826383
>>5826385
Doing the Judge's work anon
>>
>>5826782
Well the villagers had masks that called upon the elements. It'd make more sense if the Toa were those elements, instead of simply being stronger at channeling the elements than the villagers.
>>
File: triggered.jpg (20KB, 243x230px) Image search: [Google]
triggered.jpg
20KB, 243x230px
>>5826645
>anyone else going to use their Gold Kulta mask as their now permanent MoUP?

I would, if I fucking had one
>>
>>5826632
Bionicle needs more fan comics. Is there anyone who can actually draw?
>>
>>5826831
It's not like the Villain Pack is too expensive if you can just wait for a while for the shipping from Europe. The cheapest one on BL is 6.42€ plus shipping.
>>
>>5826810

Tell me where you got that flame effect right now
>>
So is there any chance of them coming back to bonkle? Any whatsoever?
>>
>>5826859
Seeing how shitty and early this sendoff was and how it performed worse than fucking Hero Factory.

NO.
>>
>>5826864

It's truly done then. The sequel is never better than the original. RIP.
>>
>>5826859
i dont think we should rule it out completely, but it probably wont happen anytime soon
>>
>Reasons for me to live:
>Bionicle
>Symphogear
>Bionicle is ded again
Well fuck
>>
File: image.gif (37KB, 188x286px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
37KB, 188x286px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XleOkGsYgO8
>>
>>5826864
How do we know it did worse than Hero Factory? Because that doesn't really make sense.
Was there some hidden group of diehard HF fans that boycotted the "new" line? Did all those people screaming hype over Bionicle being back on the internet not actually buy anything? Would the casual fans somewhere inbetween even care about the name change when the sets were still pretty similar?
>>
>>5826876

Probably because it had half the lifespan
>>
>>5825461
>im fucking playing
Uniters >>>>>> Masters.
Creatures >> Protectors
Umarak >>> LoSS
Beasts > Skeletons
>>
>>5826876
It isn't because of the fans, there were not enough new people buying it.
>>
>>5826795
Jang was a big G1 fan, its not hard to imagine he was dissapointed in G2. He clearly tried to like it but still like JtO just showed that the new line was just not something he was interested in.

Be Bionicle fan? It gets cancelled.
Move on to Hero Factory? It also gets cancelled.
They bring Bionicle back? Its way worse than the original and gets cancelled.
Honestly I would be done with constraction too, though I am pretty much done with buying lego sets at this point since its all gimmicky vehicles and licensed garbage now.
>>
>>5826876
Hero Factory had mediocre sales, thus lego had pretty much no faith in their action figure lines, giving G2 a small marketing budget. Pretty much the only way you could know these sets existed would be if you were still a fan of G1 (in which case you would likely pass on the new line do the the complete lack of care when it came to world or atmosphere compared to the original), or if you saw it in the store, in which case its right next to Star Wars CCBS, and also traditional lego sets like Ninjago, which a kid would pick up instead.

Nobody had a reason to buy Bionicle other than the fact that it was, in name only, "Bionicle".
>>
>>5826880
That can easily be attributed to different expectations from Lego and the gradual death of constraction in general.
I really, really doubt that the actual sales numbers were below those of late Hero Factory at least, simply because there's a largely Bionicle-exclusive group of customers (returning fans) and no evidence of a HF-exclusive group that could reverse that gain (except for like 3 people on the Lego boards).
>>
Neo Exo-Force now pls Lego

>Who am I kidding they'll probably never try reboots again after this
Fuck everything.
>>
>>5826858
Not him, but here you go anon.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JGW4VEY/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_mOmNxb5STF7TM
>>
>>5826899
>wanting a butchered version of Exo-Force.
Pls no. Neo-lego doesnt seem to want to put any effort into anything that isnt Star Wars or Ninjago.
>>
>>5826896
Bionicle G2 was fucked from the start.
Lego wanted it to be just as successful with only a fraction of the budget.

Just like Ghostbusters, it's another half assed cash-in pandering to childhood nostalgia.
There was nothing we could have done really.
>>
>>5826876
Hero factory pushed hard with commercials put the ass an a tv special on Nickelodean. Kids were subjected to it all over. Bionicle didn't have anything aside from commercials that barely aired and shit on its own website. And even JtO could've been a tv special but they made it a Netflix exclusive, which again a lot of kids would miss.

They fucked G2 over from the start.
>>
>>5826907
>out the ass
>>
Hey. Glad I don't need to find any more shelf space for future sets. Cool.
>>
>>5826903
>Neo-lego doesnt seem to want to put any effort into anything
That's a good point, damn shame you could really pull off some brilliant mecha with a CCBS/System combo.
>>
>>5826918
Lego is batshit retarded when it comes to Mecha. System has tons of methods of articulation, ball joints, hinges, ratcheted joints. Yet EVERY SINGLE mech they make puts the joints on the wrong way preventing 90% of poses.

The fucking Toa Mata have better articulation that a lot of the mecha lego puts out.
>>
>>5826374
>>5826383
>>5826385
Looking mighty fine but, no Millenia?
>>
File: image.jpg (178KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
178KB, 960x720px
Makooti-anon here to say, it's been fun. The story was filled to the brim with plot holes and the marketing was shit, but I enjoyed G2 for what it was. With a little headcanon magic it actually wasn't that bad. Annoyed I gotta stick with the Gold Skull for my MoUP but hey, what're ya gonna do.
At least we got the means to have the Mask Makers in all their glory.
It's heartwarming to think of how far this ride's actually taken us in only two years.
>>
File: image.jpg (128KB, 857x567px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128KB, 857x567px
>>5826930
To the Stars, m8s.
>>
File: tumblr_me69zvj6es1qcdxl4.png (166KB, 304x269px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_me69zvj6es1qcdxl4.png
166KB, 304x269px
>no motivation to do artwork
>dad has cancer
>slipping further and further into depression
>bionicle g2 ends real half-assedly

Sorry for /blog/ but this year is getting shittier and shitter for me. I was really looking forward to how they would end it in year three. I didn't enjoy some of the set designs and some sets really sucked ass but I still bought everything, some sets even twice. The way they ended this shit... I feel abandoned. All we get is is some shitty contest that some rich fuck will obviously win. Not even the MoUP in a shitty polybag.
>>
>>5826890
I just feel like he's flip-flopping. He says he was 90% about to give up on G2 as a whole, but he bought ever Hero Factory set through its entire run. Even with its comparably worse storyline.
>>
>>5826951
He was probably on the bandwagon of "Bionicle is gone this is what replaced it lets give it a chance" and found some enjoyment in the concept and some of the interesting set designs.

Believe it or not, looking back, Hero Factory actually had a better story than G2, the characters were more defined, there was more complexity to the presentation, villains, and world. It's kind of embarrassing really.

Personally, I really wanted to like G2, I purchased every book, graphic novel, etc. I made a netflix account specifically to walk JtO, bought every set. But now that it's gone and I look back on it, I see a line without much heart or vision behind it.

So much of the media relied on cashing in on G1 nostalgia while the style and tone of the story were so childish they would be almost insulting to the G1 fanbase that they are pandering too.
>>
So why did it get canned?

Shitty sales? Bad reviews? Nobody giving a shit?
>>
>>5826963
Shitty sales. Apparently you have to market something in order for people to buy it, who knew.
>>
>>5826951
Aside from empty-back-syndrome HF gave us way more colorful and unique sets than G2. For instance, Breakout's villains blow any of the Skull or Beast villains out of the water in terms of variety and shit. And again with the colors, G2 drowned in trans, gold, and silver while HF only suffered from the less offensive gunmetal. Idk, I just think Jang might've enjoyed the sets HF offered more. Not a fan of the guy tho.
>>
>>5826859
not until 3d printers destroy the economy and toys are made for the sake of the toy and not profit
>>
>>5826939
Draw a comic on what 2017 should have been so the anon at >>5826844 gets his wish. Use your sheer overwhelming disappointment as a source of motivation. That might somewhat kind of fix 3/4 of your problems.
Or not. I don't actually know how any of this works.
>>
https://pp.vk.me/c626321/v626321262/1b0eb/muMl7ZuPNBw.jpg
>>
File: muMl7ZuPNBw.jpg (94KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
muMl7ZuPNBw.jpg
94KB, 1280x720px
>>
Hell yeah!
>>
>>5826987
Hell yeah! A fake html!
>>
>>5826980
>>5826984
Almost made me look.
>>
>>5826984
If only. Though that would fit Lego's current marketing concidering all the damn vehicle sets.
>>
>>5826561

jesus christ jang is autistic as fuck
>>
Sorry guys,but you can be friendly :)
>>
Is there a written summary of G2's whole story?
>>
>>5827023
>Makooti makes a mask with all six elements in it that will turn Okoto into a paradise
>Ekimu stops his evil plan and sends Makooti, and the entire city, into the shadow realm from yu-gi-oh
>Ekimu also gets KO'd, and tells his buds to summon the Toa
>The decendants of his buds summon the Toa
>The Toa get some masks, beat a spider, get beaten up by the Leader of the Skull Raiders, then Ekimu (who got woken up 5 minute earlier) beats up the skeleton guy.
>The Toa and Ekimu then go on a trip to rescue some Okotan's nephews or something, meet the Skull Raider crew in their ancient underground city, skull raider leader escapes from prison and goes there too, Ekimu cheats and destroys the city.
>Toa get back home, get new armor, get told to find the elemental creatures
>find the creatures, find more golden masks, then lose the mask of control to Umarak.
>Umarak is a spooky ancient hunter dude who was contracted by Makuta to get the mask, Makuta betrays Umarak and turns him into a rampaging minion.
Umarak turns his traps into monsters, then gets all the pieces of Makooti's forbidden mask, and opens a portal to the shadow realm
>Gali gets sent to the shadow realm, learns that literally everything is part of a prophecy so nobody has to try and it will all solve itself.
>Umarak dies kinda randomly.
>Gali gets out of the shadow realm, tells the toa they gotta combine their powers to close the portal.
>Turns out the Toa were actually the embodiment of the elements and Okoto draws its elemental energy from them.
>the Toa close the portal, then zip into space.
>the Toa die on their way back to their home planet.
>>
So yesterday after emailing Lego I got a response. In the email response I was told that my email would be passed on to the Bionicle design team. In my email I basically thanked the design team and asked for a release of the MoUP in some form whether it be a small run of polybags or other. I strongly encourage all of you to email Lego, voicing your opinion is the best way for us to get our wants and needs across.
>>
File: G2 ending.jpg (39KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
G2 ending.jpg
39KB, 480x360px
>>5827032
>>
>>5827049
do you seriously think any amount of emails would change their minds?
>>
>>5827058
Why be so pessimistic? Better to voice our opinion about how we feel than just bitching about it and doing nothing about it.
>>
Collector since 01; now adult but I still enjoy CCBS for what it is - Currently mocing Makuta fish.
Still, Gen2's story, atmosphere & myth are weak, and I'm not sure if this theme would've gotten me into it as 01 did. Oh well. Jt1's on YouTube btw
>>
I think Lego assumes kids are mentally retarded.

There are ways of telling good stories that are not overcomplicated and are appropriate for kids without having them be absolute simple shit.

TLG are fucking out of their minds. The stories are literally cringe-worthy for kids even.

G2 failed because it was simply a shitty and uninspired idea from the start. The lack of budget didn't help.

It's like they're too stupid to see that something needs to be exciting to get kids excited.
>>
>>5827078
Seriously, it's so obvious that they didn't care about building up or presenting the story in an exciting way at all.
When G1 gave one writer free reign with relatively little restrictions from Lego, we ended up with the post-cancellation serials and all their stupid bullshit.
When G2 did the same thing, we got Revenge of the Skull Spiders and Escape from the Underworld - arguably the two most interesting pieces of media to come out of the reboot.
>>
Even if a bunch of Bionicle fans banded together to make the coolest fan sequel ever, Lego still owns the IP even if they're just gonna sit on it till the end of time.

The best thing we can do is make a spiritual successor; a story and setting that has the aesthetics and themes of Bionicle without actually being Bionicle.
Yes kind of like Mighty no 9, but without asking people on the internet for 4 million dollars.
>>
You know maybe if the Bionicle fan base want entirely cringey autists making "thicc" Mocs of bio mechanical bitches and drawing tumblr tier slash art they wouldn't be so eager to cancel it again.
>>
If we somehow get a new constraction theme, would you prefer it to be story-based, or strictly just the toys?

I would prefer the latter so they can focus on making just great models.
>>
>>5827166
I mean I want there to be SOME story, but overall I want it to be like Slizers - the story is there but the toys are the important part.
>>
>>5827166
Unless by some miracle they actually make a legitimately good story for once, I'd rather just have toys. Seeing them waste G2's potential again and again was downright physically painful at times.
>>
>>5827165
Llortot plz go
>>
>>5827165
I've seen one of the designers brace the artist who makes gay metrus and UxarxLewa with an ovipositor fuck.

Maybe you are wrong.
>>
>>5827211
demitsoru? She's talented at art but fucking insufferable as a person.
>>
>>5826870
Could be worse, at least Symphogear is nowhere near dying.
>>
>>5827370
Yeah true, news is so slow though haha.

Just thought there are there any good Symphogear MOCs?
>>
>>5827370
>hero factory lasts half as long as g1
>g2 lasts half as long as hero factory

This is both sad and amusing to me

I guess kids just don't want buildable action figures anymore
>>
>>5827419
My bad, didn't mean to quote
>>
>>5827166
I don't care as long as the designs are good and the pieces come in useful shapes and colors. Unique head designs are a must, though, as masks or helmets or otherwise.

Honestly I hope they do try a Nexo Knight CCBS line.
>>
>>5827419
This is a lie. They keep making hero mashers shit

when i was a kid i was into xevoz but i guess it couldn't compete with G! bionicle
>>
>>5827165
lol go away llortor

LLORTOR
>>
>>5827018
Fuck off.
>>
>>5827483
>>5827186
>Lurking /biog/ for months and this faggot's never been mentioned

Samefag?
>>
>>5827554
>Lurking /biog/ for a month

fixed it for you, anyway, llort is some faggot from Deviantart that occasionally stumbles over here for anonymous self gratification
>>
>>5827561
Nah fuck off m8. Eljay, B6 and shit are always thrown around. That fag isn't. Ironic you're mentioning he comes here for attention and you're spreading his name around as if anyone gives a shit.
>>
>>5827572
nah bruh, your drawin this out, and this thread is gonna be dead soon anyway, so i dont mind talking about dumb shit

and i especially dont mind if its gonna be annoying some no-name faggot
>>
>>5826756
jesus how pathetic

I mean really though, that's the word for it
>>
>>5827577
Oh alright, my bad.
>>
>>5825855
love this
>>
File: c0e.gif (2MB, 279x350px) Image search: [Google]
c0e.gif
2MB, 279x350px
what the fuck is it with this general and tripfags?

also what is the general /biog/ concencus about Bionicle getting canceled again. I like seeing the manchildren screaming
>>
>>5827601
amigo im just waitin for the next constraction line

g2 feels dead as dogshit but for me g1 never felt like it died, and thats why i appreciate greg never finishing the serials

so im prolly gonna go back to makin matoran, skakdi and vortixx till a new IP pops up
>>
>>5827601
Best get out of the fandom now m8, it's just gonna turn into an even bigger circlejerk with nothing new to talk about.
>>
File: 1460948757010.png (570KB, 1123x925px) Image search: [Google]
1460948757010.png
570KB, 1123x925px
>>5826509
Who makes these, and where can I get more of them?
>>
>>5827601
I mean it sucks, and I got some amazing sets out of it, but in the end it's just another toy line. I felt "meh" when G1 ended as well.
>>
File: picrelated.png (389KB, 413x598px) Image search: [Google]
picrelated.png
389KB, 413x598px
What percent of bzp would you say are autists? I mean, what a fucking cesspool of autistic manchildren tumblrites
>>
File: autism.png (25KB, 912x263px) Image search: [Google]
autism.png
25KB, 912x263px
>>5827625
How many percents you have autism since this is the third time you try to post that
>>
>>5827628
fuck. I've been caught. first spoiler didn't work, then I forgot the picture. I think I AM autistic
>>
File: BUILT FOR BALL JOINTS.jpg (158KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
BUILT FOR BALL JOINTS.jpg
158KB, 1280x720px
>>5827165
Did somebody say thicc?
>>
>>5827634
l... lewd!

also where are you, /biog/
>>
>>5827639
degenerate because i fucking love explosions
>>
>>5827650
>he doesn't go for wars
>>
File: 1403639494165.jpg (42KB, 366x392px) Image search: [Google]
1403639494165.jpg
42KB, 366x392px
>bionicle is cancelled
>summer wave isn't even out yet in my country
>might come next week
>checked a bunch of stores but they only list lava beast, the destroyer and Ekimu

I don't really want to order the two others online but it might come to that
>>
File: 1455282245771.jpg (37KB, 600x398px) Image search: [Google]
1455282245771.jpg
37KB, 600x398px
>>5827688
>bionicle is cancelled
>not even first wave reached my country

I want to die
>>
>>5827709
It didn't, seriously?
Just proves the expectations weren't that high to begin with.
>>
>>5827718
Well if you live in central america is understandable
>>
>>5825713
Both tahus are pretty decent

Ikir is my favourite small set by far. They should scrap toa and just make a bionicle like creature theme
>>
>>5825728
I have tahu and its pretty sweet
>>
>>5827023
>Island of Okoto
>8 elements - Fire, Water, Jungle, Ice, Earth, Stone, Light and Shadow (but since cancelled we didn't get much light and shadow apart from rushed stuff)
>Long ago
>Ekimu (Mask of Creation) and Makuta (Mask of Control) built masks
>Makuta was shit at mask making so merged all the elements into one mask as a fuck you to Ekimu
>Unveiled mask at capital city, Ekimu knocks it off Makuta and the mask breaking is so powerful it tears a hole in reality trapping the capital and Makuta in the Shadow realm, leaving only Ekimu in a big crater

>Thousands of years later, villagers scared by spiders so call the Toa
>Toa go with village protectors to find Golden Masks that give them their elements
>Toa get Golden Masks that give them their element
>Go to find Mask of Creation and Ekimu
>Meet up at Mask Maker's City and battle a big spider (king of the earlier spiders), a 4 armed skeleton and scorpion skeletons
>Awaken Ekimu
>Battle a Minotaur skeleton
>Mask of Creation about to be destroyed by boss skeleton
>Boss skeleton puts it on
>Toa all defeated
>Ekimu saves the day with a hammer

>Toa get upgrade and go to find some animals (That are embodiments of the elements)
>Find animals, gattai with them
>Go to find Mask of Control
>Find it in maze but some shadow guy with deer horns steals it
>Makuta makes him put it on and turns deer guy into Ganon
>Ganon distracts the Toa by summoning beasts that attack the Mask Maker's City while finding the fragments of mask from the start to reopen the rift to the shadow realm and return Makuta
>Toa defeat beast, Ekimu becomes Toa and they ungattai with animals
>They go to the big crater where Ganon is doing some ritual
>Toa all defeated
>Ekimu saves the day with a bird made of light
>Ganon succeeds anyway but is sacrificed, Makuta coming back
>[Cool shit that would have happened in 2017]
>Toa realise they are literally the elements incarnate
>Care bear stare
>Reseal Makuta in the shadow realm
>Go back to space
>>
File: image.jpg (120KB, 720x705px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120KB, 720x705px
>Makuta returns
>Kills Umarak just so he can use his body as his own
>Now Makuta is the element of Shadow itself

At least that's my excuse for making Makooti a revamp of the Destroyer. The sickly neon green really works for me and I honestly don't give a shit.
>>
>>5827634
damn thats a nice thicc
>>
File: image.jpg (116KB, 720x685px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
116KB, 720x685px
>>5827776
Nigga's got gearboxes though.
>>
File: image.jpg (109KB, 720x611px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109KB, 720x611px
>>5827782
And he wouldn't be Makooter without a hammer.
>>
>>5827782
thats a fuckton of friction my man
>>
File: 1396136941994.png (206KB, 289x280px) Image search: [Google]
1396136941994.png
206KB, 289x280px
>Went out shopping today
>Saw the Uniter sets discounted at a pretty decent rate
>Kopaka and Melum were £16.98
>Onua at £11.25
>Pohatu £8.95
>Any other time I'd have pounced
>Look at them today and just wonder why I bother
>Walk away with head hanging low.

I can't deal with this
>>
>>5827788
Yeah they barely work. I honestly might separate them since keeping them interlocked makes it really difficult to turn.
>>
Okay guys, i have tahu and ikir and since bionicles about to die what sets would be good for mix and matching or just what ones should I grab while I can? Give me 2-5 sets
>>
>>5827792
Onua and Terak for the trans purple, Lewa and Uxar just because they look good together, Akida for a fun technic build that feels straight of the 2001 Rahi, and Umarak, either form.
>>
>>5827789
I feel the Bongistan Bionicle Blues too anon
>>
>>5827135
G1 still had a lot of media options
>online videos
>games
>comics
>books
>movies, i dont know how good the first bionicle movie was but my nostalgia goggles say it was amazing at the time
>>
>>5827156
Literally ALL lego needs to do is
>put out bionicle master tubs of random pieces every 6 months

And boom. That would mean it isnt technically dead and its fine
>>
>>5827165
Has anyone ever made a sexy gali?
>>
I dont have a netflix. Has anyone iploaded the new episodes online yet?
>>
>>5827811
You can probably find them on Youtube (JtO episode 3 Destroyer's game, and JtO episode 4 The Dark Portal), if you look for them, shouldnt be too hard to find if you look right now since I doubt any have been copyright claimed yet. (if anyone even cares about the line enough to bother).
>>
>>5827790
its still alright for structure desu
>>
>>5827804
now that i think of it, no.

what a fucking shame.
>>
>tfw in JtO, they don't say Unity, Duty, Destiny, they say Duty, Unity, Destiny
>G2 acknowledges it's a DUD
>>
>>5827811
You could try searching for free Netflix accounts with passwords, there are some that work. I know it's shady business, but Netflix didn't accept my bank card so I had no other choice.
>>
>>5827849
>>5827811
>The Nextflix miniseries is even hard for grown adults to watch

And they fucking expected kids to even come into contact with this?
>>
>>5827861
Considering Netflix wasn't even available in many countries when they started making the show, and has yet to gain significant worldwide traction, I've no idea what they were thinking. It was destined to fail.

Also, weird how Lego said the new sets won't come out in Asia, yet they dubbed the toon advertising them into Chinese and Japanese.
>>
>>5827820
I would [spoiler]fuck[/spoiler] gali
>>
>>5827825
If there's one thing that really triggered my autism, it's that. If they're gonna call back to the three virtues from G1, could they not at least do it properly?
>>
Are the beast sets any good? theyre the last of bionicle so theyre worth considering getting I guess
>>
>>5825814
F

Shame Lego didn't try enough.
>>
>>5827914
Lava is bretty guhd. Storm has posing issues and Quake is just a mess. Not to mention Quake goes for over 30 due to it being way more scarce than the other sets.

So yeah, just get Lava.
>>
>>5827930
they are all 18 dollars where I live
>>
>>5827940
Sorry, my area didnt even get the summer wave and I'm in the US. If you sell stuff online then scalp Quake I suppose.
>>
>>5827930
>Not to mention Quake goes for over 30 due to it being way more scarce than the other sets.
Uh, my TRU made it an optional freebie with $40+ purchases alongside the Skull Squad.
>>
>>5827964
I'm referring to online. It's outta stock at S@H and eBay and Amazon have it for said ridiculous prices.
>>
how many days until ccbs gen becomes lego star wars gen?
>>
Could someone post a picture of that custom makuta hammer?

I no longer have any other reason not to build one, for completion sake.
>>
>>5826278
The fact it's obvious he no longer cares about the product but instead how much views it can give him is kind of gross. At least fucking admit it,
>>
Mask of Ultimate Power? More like Mask of Ultimate Disappointment. Personally I'm not superthrilled with the design, the gold colour, and even the Makuta mocs they displayed. I would had prefered if the MoUP was marbled black/transpurple, or if it turned out that LoSS was a part of Makuta and his final form was a combiner.

But you know what? They should complete the legendary mask triad and they should give us a physical form of the big bad.
I'm gonna send an email like >>5827049 did, with my thoughts on the cancelation and the approach to themes in general. It may or may not have an impact, but I'm gonna draw satisfaction and peace of mind from writing anyway.

>>5826939

Oh mate, sorry to hear that. I wish your dad survives this.
>>
So do you guys think Bionicle is taking a year or two off, coming back in a decade as G3, or ending forever?
>>
>>5828051
One of the last two.
>>
>>5828039
>Mask of Ultimate Power? More like Mask of Ultimate Disappointment.
Savage.
>>
>>5828051

It won't be back within the next few years, I think. Beyond that, if A) CCBS is still alive and kicking, B) Lego figures out how to do original IP better and C) There's a decent demand for Bionicle then it might get a G3.
>>
If Lego values their licensed themes so much, they should sell Bionicle off to a competent production company with real writers and a story team that gives two fucks, then just retain the license to make the toys for them.

I want Lego to LITERALLY sell out on this franchise. I legitimately think it would be for the best.
>>
>>5828051
I honestly hope it just ends forever, especially if they're gonna half ass it during a revival. Close the fucking book already and move on.
>>
So G3 is going to be Beast Wars or some retarded shit right? G1 was successful, G2 was short lived so next time will be the grand comeback r-right?
>>
>>5828099
this... actually makes a lot of sense
>>
>>5828099
Everyone tell Disney to buy the bionicle IP NOW
>>
>>5828099
>Mega Bloks buys Bionicle
>Makes Bionicle great again
>YFW
>>
>>5828104
Nothing's impossible. They might try again in 5-10 years when everyone's forgotten Bionicle, so they can start completely fresh without nostalgia pandering.
>>
>>5828115
Except we Bionicle fans are such autistic manchildren that we'll never forget. We'll still be there to REEEEE about how it's not muh Bonkle.
>>
File: 1450513865246.png (272KB, 428x440px) Image search: [Google]
1450513865246.png
272KB, 428x440px
>>5828099
>Yfw we get a Bionicle film reboot in the vein of Michal Bay's Transformers/TMNT reboots
>>
>>5828130
You mean Dawdon's Creek w/guest-stars the Toa?
>>
>>5828099
Honestly I agree with this. If Lego won't treat Bionicle with respect, they should hand it off to someone who will.
>>
>>5828130
If it means more Bionicle, I don't really care. The Transformers movies are shit, but you can't deny that they skyrocketed the franchise from some dark times.
>>
>Lego thinks that bonkle will sell without marketing
>so confident they burn money by giving away actual gold masks
>cancels line prematurely because it didn't make back the cost of making and giving out 6-7 real gold masks
The moral of the story is to make money before burning it.
>>
>>5828155
Like seriously. Who the FUCK thought those solid gold masks were a good idea? I legit think that had a hand in killing the line somehow.
>>
File: 1443580105531.jpg (88KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
1443580105531.jpg
88KB, 300x400px
>>5827639
>floor tiles
>>
>>5828160
I went looking and it would seem the ouna mask alone cost about $1000. Thus, they blew at least $6000-7000 on the gold itself.
>>
What's the link so we can send LEGO an email? Thanks.
>>
>>5828155
To be fair, it could've been a good form of marketing if they didn't give all of 'em away in one go. They should've asked Cartoon Network to air that they're giving away a 14k gold Tahu mask, similar to what they did with the platinum Avohkii.
>>
>>5828114
New halo mechs are already everything bionicle should have been minus a bit of height maybe
>>
Is journey to one worth watching now? I havent seen it
>>
>>5828259
Eh. It's still just alright. A big bowl of okay. It's also the conclusion to the series, so you might as well give it a go.
>>
>>5828245
The closest thing to bionicle mega bloks has produced is destiny atheon. Looks decent though, you could almost slap a mask on it and call it gali and itd be better than 2016s gali
>>
>>5828274
Ill just put it on in the background while i browse

I wonder if the show will actuqlly make me like a character enough to go buy the set

I think the protectors are garbage tho and will never buy one
>>
>>5828284
Same guy here, watching this makes me wish i was watching the first movie instead lol
>>
File: 1463166214344.jpg (52KB, 599x488px) Image search: [Google]
1463166214344.jpg
52KB, 599x488px
>go to walmart today for other errands
>the crushing disappointment of the last two day's happenings still weighing heavily on my soul
>check lego aisle for bonkle
>none are even stocked

it's just one punch in the gut after another huh
>>
>>5828320
Im gunna go look at my only dedicated toy store in my area tomorrow and see if they have any bionicles

Also why is lewa the only good character in JTO

I thought kopaka was supposed to be the smart one

Was pohatu always arrogant? I cant remember
>>
>>5828284
Have you read Revenge of the Skull Spiders? That book made me care about the Protectors more than I thought was possible. They're easily a much better group than the Toa. >>5828291
The last two episodes are much, MUCH better than the first two in my opinion.
>>
>>5828327
What? Onua is excellent as well.
>>
>>5828334
A little too excellent. He was almost always ahead in a fight, had the best intuition, knew what was going on before anyone else, never got hit until umarak, etc. He asked for help once and that was just cause he didn't feel like taking away everyone else's thunder too much cause he also happens to be the nicest guy around.
>>
>>5828352
could this be the SJWs at work?
>>
>>5828227

Google "customer support" or "feedback".

>>5828280

>tfw no titan armoury pack
>>
>>5828354
>could this be the SJWs at work?
There was a guy on BZP and tumblr who kept pushing for Onua to be genderbent. Seeing as Onua and Gali are usually the wisest and most rational of the team, having them both be female would be fucking insufferable.
>>
>>5828327
Pohatu was not arrogant in the first one.
>>
>>5827634
Sauce?
>>
File: shinji_ekimu.png (333KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
shinji_ekimu.png
333KB, 853x480px
>Bionicle and Star Wars saved LEGO back in the early 00s
>Star Wars killed Bionicle in 2016 by making more popular constraction figures
>>
>>5828459
Yeah, no. That's not what happened. And furthermore, I'm not even sure Star Wars Constracion sells well either. In fact is shelfwarms harder than Bionicle in my area.

By a LOT.
>>
>>5828464
Same for my area.

Because many of the stores in my area won't carry the 2016 Bionicle sets, including my local LEGO Store.
>>
>>5828039
I wrote an email also to wrap things up at least for me. I thanked them for the little they did do and to look into possibilities of possibly releasing the MoUP or a way to build a g2 makuta. I'm sure if enough people contact them they may try to do what little they can for us. If nothing comes out of it no harm no foul, I figured it's worth a shot.

>>5828051
As someone around since the beginning of 2001 for Bionicle I'd rather them not approach it again. I wouldn't be opposed to a nod here and there like some sort of character with a likeness to the toa or a name reference. Overall though I think people who aren't fans of Bionicl have moved on, I believe one of the draws to Bionicle was just perfect timing and what kids' interests were back in the day. I will always cherish the memories Bionicle brought me and it was a shame kids today couldn't see it with G2. Though g2 may have not lived up to my standards, it was nice to get some recreations of our heros.
>>
I like how Bionicle's G1 was a massive success and G2 was a dogshit failure

Will the next revival be titled Beast Wars?
>>
>>5828327
In G1 Pohatu was a quippy, vivacious, nice guy. He was a total bro who helped hold the team together.
>>
Is there any confirmation on quake beast being shortpacked or something? I know it's been mentioned he's rare, but is there a reason?
>>
>>5828476
I miss Brohatu
>>
>>5828327
Really, the only reason why Pohatu was like this in G2 is because they went overboard with the Mad Max reference.
>>
YOU GUYS I JUST REALIZED SOMETHING

THE ENDING IS THE TOA TURNING INTO TO STARS

STARS

THEY DID IT AGAIN YOU GUYS

THEY ENDED BIONICLE WITH STARS AGAIN
>>
>>5827804
>Implying Gali isn't sexy already
I don't know about MOCs, but there's plenty of "sexy" artwork of her (quite a decent number of nsfw ones, too)
>>
>>5828491
You're a little behind.
>>
>>5828494
>I am back!
If only we had known for how long. ;_;
>>
>>5828497
I've been at work all day, be quiet and let me have this.
>>
>>5828506
K.
>>
>>5826805
I don't hate him, but I've realized he's pretty stubborn. Still the best Lego product reviewer regardless
>>
>>5828529
Visually, sure. But he's pretty fucking soulless IMO.
>>
File: 1460791091469.jpg (169KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1460791091469.jpg
169KB, 1280x960px
>>5828497
I'll have you know I am the biggest behind this thread has ever seen
>>
>>5828569
more?
>>
File: TWOOOOOO BUTTS.jpg (1MB, 2296x3460px) Image search: [Google]
TWOOOOOO BUTTS.jpg
1MB, 2296x3460px
>>5828576
have some fertility idol
>>
>tfw I just did heresy and cut two trans-purple bones so I eventually will get Protector-Makuta
>have to do it at least two more times and MAYBE have to cut some shells too

I'm going to hell, am I?
>>
>>5828464
most of the sets seem to sell really well where i live, apart from maybe obi wand and luke. i remember when i went to the lego store on january 2nd this year the star wars consctraction sets were already sold out after just a couple of hours, except for finn
>>
>>5828459
but those keep my local store shelves oh so cozy warm
>>
>>5827165
I dont think Lego cares.

The only company that i know that has gotten butt blasted because of lewds was Blizzard
>>
>>5828676
Wasn't there something about the dude behind Bioshock Infinite getting butthurt over some of the lewd stuff made of his waifu?
>>
I thought we were promised three years?
>>
>>5828677
Yea but that was just one guy who couldnt do shit. Blizzard has been copyright striking everyone who has been making Overwatch porn
>>
File: 1464912471630.gif (2MB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1464912471630.gif
2MB, 540x540px
I'm feeling really Jewish, Ameriprise where can I find bonkles at the cheapest prices?
>>
>tfw finally found Ekimu, LB and Umaru the Destroyer locally

Bought Ekimu. Gave him his Falcon and cape.
>>
>>5828680
They just mentioned on the side that they had plans for three years. Turns out those plans were scrapped pretty much immediately when the first waves didn't work out as well as expected.
>>
File: image.jpg (126KB, 720x657px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126KB, 720x657px
>>5828021
Guy who came up with the design here. It just takes an old "hand" connector and a ball placed in the socket for the big spike. The barrel still functions too. I gotta say, the fact that I found out how to replicate his hammer to make a perfect Makuta makes me feel not so bad about never getting him officially.
>>
>>5828778
link? or are you just making this up from the early announcement?
>>
>>5828464
>>5828469
If you ask me, they still played a part. Even if they shelf warm, my local stores basically replaced their Bionicle stock with the Star Wars CCBS. And since they haven't been selling, they in turn never bothered obtaining Bionicle's summer wave this year.

Basically they fucked Bionicle over because "muh Star Wars" and it's biting them on the ass because the sets are too fucking expensive.
>>
>>5828785
Not sure where I read it (maybe it was the BS01 post), but the cancellation was already decided during JtO's production in 2015. That would mean the decision was made based on the sales of the first and possibly the second wave.
>>
>>5828795
But Volta said they finished the series just around May
>>
>>5828795
That's such bullshit. They clearly were making profit, just not enough. I don't get why they didn't just give us the three years, and then decide whether to extend it beyond that based on those numbers at the end of year three. There's no reason for them doing this other than the fact that they're money hungry fucktards.
>>
>>5828800
They finished it then, but it was already in the works in 2015. That's also when the storyboards that briefly got uploaded were made, and those were for the summer episodes.
Though to be fair that doesn't really prove it was already cancelled by then, they could just have changed the last few scenes after all.
>>
>>5828802
>Put all their focus on licensed themes such as Star Wars and Minecraft.
>Have one truly successful original IP in Ninjago.
>Start converting every other theme into reskinned Ninjago.
Lego really doesnt have any respect for their IPs, its all just money to them, there is no integrity or artistic pride in any of this, its just "what do kids buy, make that".
>>
>>5828817
>Have one truly successful original IP in Ninjago.

The funny thing is the "Ninjago" formula was tried before, as the Knights Kingdom (Power Rangers-esque five man team, each knight color coordinated), and I think that was only barely considered successful, but most fans hated it.
>>
>>5828846
Technically Bonkle (and even Slizers and Roboriders) did it first.
>>
>>5828817
>Friends
>Elves
>Ninjago
>Nexo Knights
>Lego Movie

That's about all the original IP's right now that are story driven (Mixels kinda is too)
>>
>>5828847
>Technically Bonkle did it first.

I was thinking that as I was typing that up.
>>
>>5828473
>Will the next revival be titled Beast Wars?
I could see them doing a subtle reboot like that with something similar like Mask Wars or Element Heroes as a generic title.
>>
For those who were wanting a MoUP, there's this.

>http://www.shapeways.com/product/EYS9XLFMA/bionicle-mask-of-ultimate-power?li=shareProduct&optionId=60415977
>>
>>5828860
So...

Someone will order one in 14K gold, right?
>>
>>5828851
Elves and friends are a weird case in that the whole mini-doll scale and style sorta dont fit in with the rest of lego sets, I know its not like a "this is bad" thing, but it sure as hell isnt meant for us.

Ninjago and Nexo Knights are both basically the same thing. Ugly Vehicles that split apart into other, uglier vehicles, with the occasional poorly articulated mech here and there. Just swap out the color schemes and one or two pieces that represent that theme.
>>
>>5828860
>n64 as fuck
Nah, I'll wait for the one that actually looks like the mask, thanks.
>>
>>5828817
>>5828851
No see, that's the issue. They still have respect for their IPs and still try. Chima lasted at least four years. Ninjago's gone onto 6. What pisses me of is that 3 years is no fucking stretch. They could have just run the line through the 3 years and then pull the plug. But for some reason, Bionicle is the one and only IP to get fucked over so fast in ages because we just deserve to suffer I guess.
>>
>So many people saying "At least G2 ended on a high note unlike G1"

Nah, fuck off. Stars were mediocre but at least we saw it coming. This Gen we got blindsided until the last fucking second.
>>
>>5828860
that model is actual trash, dude rushed it out to cash in on everyones desperation. he even admits in the description that he doesnt know if it even fits. and he still hasnt learned what it means to subdivide his models.
>>
>>5828904
Pretty much. Everyone was on the hypetrain for JtO season two and then it hits a stonewall and nothing survives trough.
>>
>>5828904
are there really so few people who actually thought the ending to g1 was decent? im not talking about gregs bullshit serials he never cared to finish, but the final showdown between mata nui and makuta. might have felt a little rushed but it sure as fuck was more satisfying than JTOs ending.
>>
>>5828473
>>5828857

TF fans hate Beast Wars because it diverged from the original so much. "Car robots, not furries". But look at what it brought to the table.

1) A smaller cast of characters with diverse personalities, development, and frequent appearances.

2) Sweet, wild music.

3) Only one or two episodes with annoying humans.

4) Bot designs that weren't boxmen of standing bricks.

5) Plot arcs and continuity.

LEGO really should take Bionicle to the direction of Beast Wars. People shouldn't care what name a company slaps on the product as long as it's good. "Muh"s are no excuse.

>>5828817

An artist makes art. A manager (supposedly) makes money. It's what they're hired to do. What they trained for. They've no reason to take pride in eachother's work.
The desicion makers are profit-focused, so of course they're going to order others to make what kids want.

I was gonna say that you only see things your way and not the company's, but G2 was handled so idiotically, there is no excuse. Cutting a line so short, you don't release products you've developed already? That's like burning your budget money, especially since LEGO has released waves of products in lines that were doing terribly in the past, like Knights Kingdom and the Mistika.

Plus spending budget money on LITERAL GOLDEN MASKS?! Some times I wonder if the reboot was set up to fail. Like the Fembusters.
>>
>>5828940
They probably rigged G2 to fail so all those bring back bionicle autists could be "proven wrong" about the potential of a reboot.
>>
>>5828904
It's definitely a better final wave at least, even with all the weird design choices on the beasts. But storywise, this was a textbook shitty early cancellation ending and absolutely worse than what we got in G1.
>>
>>5828940
>you don't release products you've developed already? That's like burning your budget money

spending money on producing and distributing them, only for a few people to buy them would just be a waste of time and additional money that they could use to develop a product that could potentially bring them more profit
>>
>Lego change their mind on releasing MoUP due to popular demand
>they release it as a fancy piece of decoration in some huge $200 System set
How would this make you feel?
>>
>>5828975
Considering I have the money to burn I wouldn't give a shit. Either they release it or someone does a really high end 3D print of it and I'll gladly throw money at it.
>>
They should at least release a Makuta set.
>>
>>5828989
They really shouldn't
>>
>>5828990
They really should
>>
>>5828992
Why?
>>
>>5828990
I think the only way they'd consider it is if they got enough support on Lego Ideas and made it another one-off set.
>>
>>5828993
Because the hype for him was so "big"
>>
>>5828948

Two of my theories are that they were either experimenting with something (re-introducing gear functions perhaps) or they were buying time for the development of another line and Bionicle was there to fill the gap and keep the consumers' attention so they wouldn't grow out of constraction.

>>5828958

I see your point and normally I'd agree with it. Thing is, people don't care about an entire wave. Just Makuta. He'd sell almost just as good as the 2015 toa. Or at least well enough to return a profit.

First, he is the big bad. Second, he is Makuta. Third, big parts pack. Fourth, a great many fans wanted to have all three legendary masks for completion's sake.
He'd sell good.
>>
File: image.jpg (283KB, 2256x1270px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
283KB, 2256x1270px
I say we start a petition to attach to an email to Lego regarding the MoUP's distribution. No reviving Bionicle bullshit but just a simple petition asking for the final mask being released in some promotional manner. Be it Toyfair, the next ComicCon, a magazine polybag, whatever.

I feel like that would be a step in the right direction in trying to get them to change their mind.
>>
>tfw the big lego shills like TTV and Armchair will probably start saying shit like "It failed because Bionicle just isnt a concept that fits with today's kids" or some shit instead of even considering the possibility that maybe its because Lego was incompetent.
Shit like this will piss me off more than the cancellation itself.
>>
>>5828940
>"Car robots, not furries"
TRUKK NOT MUNKKY
>>
>>5829080
>will probably
Already are.
>>
>>5829042
>Toyfair
>Comic con

Those are awfully territorially restricted. It wasn't nice when it happened with there golden skull mask.
>>
>>5829101
Hahaha, no.

Golden Kulta mask is nowhere near as rare as the comiccon exclusives
>>
At first when the gold masks as prizes were announced I thought it was a good thing to draw in fans. Now I'm thinking it may have cut into the budget too much.
>>
>>5829042
Just email lego like it's been suggested in here. I took the advice and emailed yesterday.
>>
>>5829148
Wouldn't an email that also has a few hundred sigs backing it up be way more effective though? We could spread it through other sites to get more people to sign it.
>>
>>5829153
Sure, but you could also just email like everyone else about the mask or the set which I'm sure they're hearing about a lot.
>>
>>5827156
What are the crucial aesthetics and themes of Bionicle anyway?
Biomechanical characters?
Elemental powers?
A tribal setting?
The Three Virtues?
Masks with mysterious powers?

All of the above was very important in both G1 and G2, but especially G1 frequently showed that it's possible to swap out one or several of these aspects for something else without affecting the core of what makes Bionicle Bionicle too much.

And there's also the question of how much inspiration one can take from the original before crossing the line between "spiritual successor" and "blatant ripoff". For example, having mask powers might cross the line, but some other sort of wearable item that comes in variations with unique abilities probably wouldn't. But are we still in the spirit of Bionicle when it's not actual masks? I'd say yes because it doesn't really seem like a huge difference, but for someone else, that small change could be what
keeps totally-not-Bionicle from taking the original's place.

It's a pretty difficult topic once you really get into the details.
>>
>>5829146
this, especially considering that they had to have pulled the plug earlier on
>>
>>5829042
>>5829101
>>5829148
>>5829153
>>5829173
I'll also email them personally regarding the mask, but every push will help, guys.

https://www.change.org/p/the-lego-group-a-message-to-the-lego-team-to-request-the-distribution-of-the-mask-of-ultimate-power
>>
>>5829080
who gives a fuck about corperate dick suckers though
>>
File: WPBeD2e.png (552KB, 641x669px) Image search: [Google]
WPBeD2e.png
552KB, 641x669px
So eh. now that Bonkle is dead have you rethought of buying these?
>>
>>5827802
honestly i don't see how this is a bad idea

IF they released a limited amount of small and large ccbs/bionicle bins every 6 months with a few new pieces in each i'd be pretty happy.
I think the mocing community would be satisfied, and bionicle fans could continue to expand on their own narratives

it could help liquidate the ccbs stock too
>>
>>5829223
Seeing that they will be ridiculously overpriced here, hell no.
>>
>>5829223
The robot on the right looks pretty neat
>>
That would actually be really interesting if Bionicle was brought back to fill a gap between Hero Factory and a new more dedicated IP.

It could have been something like "We're cancelling Hero Factory and we need to buy some time to develop a proper line"
"I know, we could do a simple Bionicle reboot to fill some time"
Selling a pre existing IP is probably easier and cheaper for them, and would have been better than anything else that could buy time.

If this were the case I would actually be very happy.
>>
>>5829242
>very happy
why the fuck would you be happy if they used Bionicle as a sacrificial lamb while they worked on something else?
>>
>>5829250
Because it means that we got to revisit Bionicle, and we'll be getting something better than G2
>>
>>5829223
K-2SO is a definite, Shadow Trooper is a maybe. Jyn and the others can probably fuck off, though, unless we get a surprise Boba or something similar.
>>
>>5829252
But knowing Lego and how they handle any kind of IP nowadays, the general sorta image they want for themselves, I doubt any sort of new IP would even be any better than G2, I doubt it would be anything worthwhile at all.
>>
>>5829209
Signed. Someone with an account on TTV or Eurobricks should share this.
>>
>>5829242
>Lego used yet another theme as a speedbump

Eh...You might be right, but unless this purposed new theme comes out next year, there's only going to be like 3 Star Wars figures for 2017 and it would've been better to give G2 one year until '18.
>>
>>5829146
eh, i doubt that the few thousand bucks wouldve made much of a difference
>>
>>5829209
if you actually want lego to listen then you should start a lego ideas project and gather 10k votes for that. i dont think they will pay much attention to an online petition
>>
>>5829223
might get the droid, when are these launching?
>>
>>5829298
I have no idea how to go about that. If you can, I'll back it up for the sake of getting the mask. Your signature will help though.
>>
>>5828781
Thank you?
>>
>>5829316
Well he was the one guy who shared it way back in 2015. It's design's primarily just been passed around on /biog/.
>>
>>5829298
I don't think asking to get one single piece released is what Lego Ideas is supposed to be used for. An actual Makuta set would be a different story, but just the mask might not even qualify as a proper project.
>>
>>5829323
Whoops. Didn't mean to put the question mark in there.
Sorry, not trying to be an ass. Genuinely thankful. Just needed it for my own makuta figure since there obviously isn't going to be one anytime soon.
>>
>go to walmart
>adika and ikir for 8 canadabucks
>pohatu and lewa for 12 canada bucks

I saw ketar at another store should i ask if theyll give me it for 8 bucks like i got akida and walmart?

Already had ikir but scored 3 for a good price
>>
>>5829339
yeah thats what i meant, we could wait for the contest to end to start the project with one if the winning entries or just use a pic of the overlord model from the video.
>>
>>5829428
I you ask me that's still kinda asking for too much. I'll back you up but maybe that petition for just the mask is a good idea too. Better safe than sorry.
>>
>>5829457
You know what they could do? Just release the 3D model they used to print their prototype MoUPs. That way we can print an exact replica ourselves.
>>
>>5829531
Eh, I'd personally rather see it release made out of good ol' ABS resin than a shitty grainy print.

Not to mention one devote fan will undoubtedly make an accurate model that'll be up on shapeways eventually.
>>
>>5829539
But if we've got to settle for bare minimum from these fuckers, that'll do. And an EXACT replica of the print will be better than ANY fan model rendition.
>>
>>5829550
I agree
>>
>>5829242
Yeah, but wasn't there also a theory that HF was a gap filler for them to test and experiment a new building system for Bionicle? All these things are too far fetched. Lego simply throws shit at the wall to see what sticks. Their plan to combine the brand name nostalgia of Bionicle with the kid-friendly simplicity of HF didn't work, so I'd have to guess they're gonna pull the plug on CCBS brands altogether. I'm thinking they might try for a combined theme where we get integration of CCBS and system sets.
>>
>>5829806
There have been rumors that they are taking out Mixels so that isn't too far fetched idea.
>>
>>5829806
Honestly, that's probably the best hope we have in getting a new IP to stay past 3 years; it'll appeal to both system fans and constraction.
>>
ive been thibking a lot about this lately but what if there was a smaller scale ccbs system that used mixel joints?

the figures would be smaller than bionicles but larger than minifigures and could have large representations of themselves that look spot on made out of ccbs.

it could incorporate a lot of system and the figures would be cheap enough to impulse buy, similarly to the nexo knights ultimate packs

they could have vehicles and mechs made out of ccbs/technic or anything larger scale

it could honestly be similar in function to the old "world tournament" sets but a lot more sci fi and inspired

i think it could be really cool. somewhere in between world tournament and attack from below but with a different aesthetic

imagine a fantasy or sci fi character (maybe still robotic characters not limited to humanoids?) and the figure comes with weapons and armor attachments to power up.
larger sets come with a vehicle to operate in a certain terrain or something. maybe have it space oriented snd futuristic? bad guys could be minifig scale all the way to ccbs scale or brickbuilt similar to nexo knights villains
>>
>>5829861
>world tournament
what's that?
>>
>>5829861
maybe human, alien and robotic characters all exist

for example there could be a yellow robot character that has an impulse sized set. in the set there's different tools and armor that would help him in his specific terrain (similar to early bionicle where the weapons were also tools)
his job in the group is to mine on different planets. the main characters packaging look like space ships. the theme centers around different workers tasks and space exploration

the large set comes with a ccbs/technic vehicle that has a drilling function. the enemies in the set are brick built rock monster aliens

idk just suoer tired and throwing out ideas that i think could be cool
>>
File: 1422457792199.png (447KB, 440x575px) Image search: [Google]
1422457792199.png
447KB, 440x575px
Someone uploaded episodes 3 and 4 of JtO on YouTube in case you don't have Netflix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxNQdtWJrMg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrXl1OXO5Ug

Better hurry before they're taken down.
>>
>>5829861

I actually made a mixel joint character build in LDD that has almost as much articulation as a full size Toa, plus waist articulation. The build uses minifig heads without them looking disproportionately small. I'm reluctant to post it until I have the pieces I need to build it, but I made a Stormer using the IFB head and he looks quite fun and sellable.

Hell, I bet this build is exactly what you want, and could rake in tons of direct and indirect sales.
>>
>>5829946
Also a page on goybook called Bionicle Peru uploaded all of them and had them around since they were first released
>>
>>5829806
Did HF actually perform badly? Or was it just canned for Bionicle?
>>
>>5829904
it might just be called tournament actually. it was a shortlived technic subtheme with technic minifigures that were bigger than minofigures and had battling vehicles
>>
>>5830011
It did better than G2, but it did WAY worse than G1, and just did really mediocre in general, they pretty much kept it around because they had no other constraction themes and also they were probably trying not to kill off a line they invented a whole new building system for.
>>
>>5830011
I heard that the explanation involved a little bit from column A and a little bit from column B. Kids these days are stupid so what are you going to do.
>>
So when discussion eventually turns into only G1 lore / story discussion and what not, will /toy/ be the right place for us still?

Just to make conversation: What's your favorite species / race from G1?
>>
>>5830082
Bionicle should stop being a general if there's nothing new coming out. Just the occasional "hey remember this?" thread.
>>
>>5830090
I don't want just nostalgia glasses threads, there is a massive world with tons of content to discuss and there is nowhere except tumblrspheres to discuss it.
>>
>>5830090
I say just have a Constraction General for all the non System and Technic discussion so the Lego Generals don't have to worry about too much traffic. That way we can still share Mocs and keep Bionicle in the threads without having to kill it off completely.
>>
File: 100_0557.jpg (1MB, 2432x865px) Image search: [Google]
100_0557.jpg
1MB, 2432x865px
>>5830020

You're thinking of the competition line. The figs in question were technic action figures. They existed in other prints and colours too. An irl friend has a few and they kinda suck up close.
>>
>>5830115
oh shit lol
i mixed up the word competition with tournament :p
>>
File: JdH4VoFh.jpg (173KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
JdH4VoFh.jpg
173KB, 1024x1024px
>Minifig protector masks

I need them and yet I can't get them...
>>
>>5830082
just change the thread to constraction general

oh, and skakdi
>>
>>5830144
These are now canon as far as I'm concerned.
>>
File: zbqmTjBh.jpg (157KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
zbqmTjBh.jpg
157KB, 1024x1024px
>>5830179

The toa are gone, but dangers still lurk in the dark corners of Okoto. The people turned to the protectors...The protectors turned to Ekimmu...And Ekimmu turned to building hulking mecha.

Wishful thing, but I would had loved the idea of LEGO "canceling" Bionicle by having the toa and Makooti taken out of the picture and changed the name and focus of the franchise to center around the protectors living in and defending a rebuilt capital against new threats (sea people, flying beasts, a tribe of evil mutants) and old (reemerging skeleton warriors led by Nito-Kulta).
>>
>>5830144
>>5830209

At this size, LOSS would actually be threatening against them.
>>
>>5826645
>Makuta became paranoid and thought the MoUP would be the game breaker and change the flow of fate

my god this is so deep it gives you shivers
>>
guys seriously. how could lego fuck up this badly? like really, what went wrong this time? It was the figures' prices? the dumb plot? I MUST KNOW
>>
File: SRqCPMAh.jpg (138KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
SRqCPMAh.jpg
138KB, 1024x1024px
>>5830217

How about this size then.
I love how so many people worldwide decided to moc a humanoid LoSS back in 2015. What happened to him anyway?
>>
>>5830226
Poor marketing combined with the fact that not a lot of people give a fuck about ccbs or buildable action figures anymore. I'd say they didn't want to risk pouring too much effort into it in case it still failed, they were hoping nostalgia ridden fans could give them enough money to warrant the line's existence.
>>
>>5830226
For me I'm assuming it just wasn't doing as well as they wanted financially. I liked all the G2 sets, but most of them did seem like they worked around a limited budget when creating them since it felt like we rarely got new parts. Although I know this can be argued with g1 sets being pretty much recolored clones. I don't think having the gold masks contest was very smart. The only thing that makes me sway away from bionicle not bringing in money argument is that it seemed to of been in the talks of cancellation so early on during the Netflix series production.

Early on in 2015 I thought nothing of the little advertising as I thought it would slowly ramp up honestly. I guess the first signs that made me wonder what Lego was doing was when we started to not get the polybags starting with the gold kulta mask. At first I was excited with the first polybag making me think "oh hey this is like g1 when they had special masks every now and then", but it slowly became obvious we weren't getting them anymore. As it became year 2 and nothing really changed with marketing or enough content I kind of realized that bionicle was purely just for nostalgia fans. I loved the short episodes we were getting at first, but I felt they were way to short, there weren't more, and they weren't released as often as I thought they should've been.
It still hurts guys, all the hype before the last 2 episodes of jto gone so suddenly. Even with the story of g2 being mediocre I was really hype for year 3 and a conclusion with Makuta.
>>
>>5830232
To be fair, those drider designs for LOSS using the golden skull spider mask and faceplate as a normal chestplate are pretty cool.

I think they expand on LOSS in the first book, Revenge of the Skull Spiders, where the villagers get off their ass and defeat LOSS without the help of the Toa.
>>
File: tahu.jpg (110KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
tahu.jpg
110KB, 800x800px
so knowing how amazing people are with 3d printing... who wants to make tahu's 2015 leak mask?
>>
Finally got around to watching journey to one

I liked it more than I thought I would

Kind of a shame it had to end so poorly.
>>
>>5830144
has anyone actually found these
>>
>>5830115
>implying these aren't among lego's greatest figure designs

speaking of that, how are belville figures?
>>
>>5830434
>they're all guys
why there's no technic figure girls? I would fap to those
>>
>>5830494
That's the reason you disgusting plasticpumper
>>
>discover bionicle again seeing it when looking for sports stuff
>only had shitty skull sets so didnt bother
>looked online and saw how cool everything is and want to get some
>pay full price for 2016 tahu and ikir
>pretty fun to put together and look good
>pretty much like a day after find out theyre discontinuing
>everything on clearance now
>paid shitty full price for nothing

You swindled me lego

...Im still gunna snatch up as many sets as I can before theyre gone. A lot of people in the thread are thinking "what went wrong??" And IMO some of the sets are just extremely uninspired, instead of cancelling bionicle they should have fired all the shit designers instead
>>
>>5830567
>fired all the shit designers
I think the better designers abandoned ship and left the shits to try and finish bionicle.
>>
File: Jangdicks.png (412KB, 512x514px) Image search: [Google]
Jangdicks.png
412KB, 512x514px
>>5830567
But anon, the Lego designers are hardworking individuals who put nothing but the most care and effort into their products. They'd never put out a set that didn't meet consumer standards.
>>
>>5830575
I thought most of the sets were pretty great sans Skull Scorpio, Ketar, Narmoto, and Storm Beast.
>>
>>5830605
Pretty much skull-everything sucks

Ketar isnt great but still thinking of getting it since i have pohatu but pohatu is defintely super weak looks wise, only got it cuz it was on sale

2016:
Pohatu - bad, why do you need orange and brown and tan and gold and grey, pick 2
Gali - worst
Kopaka - alright but melum is trash
Onua - fine
Lewa - pretty good
Tahu - pretty good, maybe too much gold tho

2015:
Theyre all alright

Guardians: ass
Skull anything: ass
Ekimu: no falcon so its ass
Umarak: decent
Beasts: pretty decent

Creatures: decent overall, akida ikir and the green one stand out
>>
>>5830621
>Pretty much skull-everything sucks
>Hating on the skull army

Scorpio is the worst of them, but the others are pretty good

>Slicer
Four armed skeleton. Not a great build, but it's a classic design
>Basher
Making a different arm mechanic build was pretty neat
>Warrior
Basic army building grunt, but was giant fantasy Terminator, who can hate on that?
>Grinder
Satan Terminator is a great look, and his mask-grabber staff is neat as all hell. Plus coming with Ekimu, who's also a great little guy, tells a rather complete story.

Probably the thing that hurts the Skull army the most (other than the quick resolution in the webisode) is that they aren't big compared to the Toa. Facing off against normal Lego Minifigures makes them more menacing.
>>
File: maximumeffort.png (396KB, 460x619px) Image search: [Google]
maximumeffort.png
396KB, 460x619px
I'll be honest, I was already bored of G2 after the first wave. The skeletons looked super low effort to me, they looked unfinished. And yeah, I know they're undead skelies, but I want good toys. They tried to spruce shit up with new parts in wave 3, but the new parts fucking sucked. The recent wave of beasts were a cool idea, but again, they came out looking really unfinished. I just think Lego hit a wall, they'd expended everything they could do with CCBS within a reasonable budget, cause in order to do more original shit, they'd either have to increase parts count and cost, or produce a shit load of new parts. They need to take a break, recoup some costs, and produce a bunch of new shells and bone pieces. Basically reinvigorate the system with a whole batch of new parts.
>>
Lewd Gali x lewd Breez
>>
>>5830857
I once planned on buying all iterations of Breez and then [toyspoiler]give them cocks and have them rape Gali[/toyspoiler]
>>
>>5830896
It would probably turn into vore with the minifig one.
>>
File: Foot.png (79KB, 366x248px) Image search: [Google]
Foot.png
79KB, 366x248px
Does anyone have a pair of these that they'd be willing to sell or trade for?
I don't want to deal with bricklink shipping prices
>>
>>5830992
Dirt cheap Ikirs/skullbros should cover that.
>>
Makuta contest is finally up on Rebrick.

>http://www.lego.com/en-us/rebrick/contest-page/contests/lego-bionicle-contest
>>
so, are we having anymore bionicle generals? or is this the last one?
>>
>>5831049
There's still current Bionicle discussion to be had as long as the contest is running. And even after that, we'd just turn into the Constraction/CCBS general unless traffic dies down enough to safely merge back into the Lego general.
>>
>>5830675
What they needed to do was mix CCBS with the old G1 Bonkle parts.
>>
>>5831058
B-but then where can we discuss bonkle?
>>
>>5831062
The parts which molds don't exist any more? The parts that are "overdesigned garbage"? Dozens of new molds every year, most of which to be never used again? That's what you want?
>>
>>5831072
/m/ has threads occasionally, we'll end up drifting into lore soon enough with no new sets so just migrate there instead of /toy/
/m/ should be better than going to the absolute cesspool that is /co/ too.
>>
>>5830209

Where the hell can I buy these
>>
>>5831033
Haven't been in /biog/ for a few months, is that artbook contest only or is it going to get a normal release too?
>>
>>5831098
China.

Or you could try the same as everyone who is after bootlegs. That is to dig through Aliexpress
>>
>>5830209
Well, we did get the ever so important G2 Exo-Toa after all.
>>
welp, anyone know if constraction will still be a thing? because System is just too fucking boring for me
>>
>>5831107
Star Wars is still a thing, and almost every System-mech or dragon or whatever uses CCBS in some form.

But I wouldn't except original CCBS theme before 2018
>>
>>5831102
see >>5826631
>>
>>5831112
maaaan, star wars constraction is gonna be overpriced as fuck, with only 6 sets a year

oi, well, i guess its time i moved on to other things
>>
File: 1444085622004.png (894KB, 2960x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1444085622004.png
894KB, 2960x3000px
>>5831115
Oh I missed that, thanks mate.
>>
>tfw spent 70 on bionicle sets since hearing thell all disappear soon

>Tfw about to spend 80 more
oh god help me guys

I still wont be able to get a first wave pohatu though
>>
>>5831017
<3
>>
>>5825458
Wait, Bionicle died again?

Jesus. I never even saw the first wave in stores.
>>
So now that Bonkle is dead again, will the prices of G1 sets and masks go down again?
>>
>>5831246
Im expecting an increase or no change.
>>
>>5825458
I'm not surprised. There was no way G2 would have as long a run as the original.
Although, fuck. I'm getting flashbacks to when I first heard G1 bonkle was ending. That really hit me hard.
>>
>>5825834
It was no fun allowed and didn't use multimedia approach as well.
>>
G2 should've been like an anniversary/fan service thing and nothing more. Should've just had remakes of the six original Toa for the sake of getting remakes for a quick nostalgia cash in and nothing more. Would've hurt much less in the end.
>>
>>5827804
Do not sexualize Gali. She is sistercore as fuck.
>>
Dows anyone know where I can get a decent priced 2015 pohatu? These fucking g2 bionicles are being sold overpriced because theyre discontinued now
>>
>>5828120
If it manages to appeal to new audience, doesn't matter
>>
>>5830082
Bohrok
>>
File: 28081073474_31b6668a5c_c.jpg (225KB, 800x779px) Image search: [Google]
28081073474_31b6668a5c_c.jpg
225KB, 800x779px
>>
>>5831412
lego really thinks a set like this wouldnt sell? theyre crazy
>>
File: 28592235352_7b27063472_c.jpg (194KB, 732x800px) Image search: [Google]
28592235352_7b27063472_c.jpg
194KB, 732x800px
>>5831412
>>
File: 28620424091_01daf28ceb_c.jpg (182KB, 666x800px) Image search: [Google]
28620424091_01daf28ceb_c.jpg
182KB, 666x800px
>>5831418
>trans. purple penta-shell
>gunmetal chima armor

fucks sake Lego
We better get those in the next CCBS theme
>>
File: image.jpg (323KB, 1032x774px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
323KB, 1032x774px
>>5831418
>>5831412
Come the fuck on guys.

>>5829209
We all need to sign this and individually email Lego about that goddamn mask.
>>
so if we want more ccbs pieces were gunna have to buy 30 dollar star wars sets?

FUCK

also i think ccbs is actually better for mix and matching
>>
File: dave_electric_boogaloo.png (1MB, 943x1156px) Image search: [Google]
dave_electric_boogaloo.png
1MB, 943x1156px
>>
>>5831419
TRANS PURPLE BOHROK EYES
>>
>>5831481
Those already exist.

[spoiler]In one ancient, poor selling set.[/spoiler]
>>
>>5831483
Dude I know that, I've been trying to hunt them down for ages
>>
File: 28698375005_8a8034e161_c.jpg (201KB, 800x781px) Image search: [Google]
28698375005_8a8034e161_c.jpg
201KB, 800x781px
Better pic of the glorious artbook.
I like how the MoCr's chin looks like.
>>
>>5831412
>>5831418
>>5831419
whered you get those pics?
>>
>>5831520
Brickset.
>>
how come on ever 2016 i rearrange a few parts and they end up looking 10 times better? why didnt they look this way in the first place. the fuck
>>
Out of all the official images they reveal... why not reveal the design they used for JTO? Why don't we get an official image of that =/
>>
>>5831520
thanks
>>
Hey guys turns out lego was trolling us! wave 3 toa got leaked
>>
>>5831738
Not funny anon.
>>
>>5831738
Kill yourself faget.
>>
File: 8614.jpg (36KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
8614.jpg
36KB, 200x200px
Should I get this fucker for nostalgia's sake? Unopened and quite cheap to get
>>
>>5831763
I'd say yes.
>>
>>5831763
those weapons are cool, too bad I only got the lame brown one back then
>>
>>5831744
honestly I wouldnt be surprised if they just take a year off
>>
You know what i hated most about G2 bionicle?

Those fucking leg extender things that either attach to the things hip or foot. Whoever came up with them needs to be shot
>>
>>5831779
the "friction adders"? I still dont understand them. they dont really add much more friction than the regular joints
>>
>>5831783
They grey things that are completely useless and actually make posing way too frustrating
>>
File: 765433.jpg (127KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
765433.jpg
127KB, 700x700px
>>5831779
>>5831783
>>5831788

I don't know why they are called friction adders if they don't add friction, but they are kinda useful to fix the proportions of mocs. Shame LEGO didn't made a good use of them in their sets.

Pic related. They should have put these on the knee, not on the hip, the proportions would be a bit better.
>>
File: image.png (191KB, 700x925px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
191KB, 700x925px
>>5827617
Heres one that he drew of my moc
>>
>>5831575
Maybe because they actually WILL release instructions eventually? And the models they posted to the contest page are strictly for inspiration.
>>
>>5831913
Well, there is something like that being talk about, at least from what I can gather from the response, I got from Lego when I wrote my letter related the Makuta set, there is something like that discussed, at least I hope it is, and they MIGHT also consider making a MoUP polybag after I brought it up the letter did say the idea was forwarded. Hopefully if they get enough fan letters that are properly written we might get a little something in the end.
>>
File: jfk.jpg (40KB, 550x512px) Image search: [Google]
jfk.jpg
40KB, 550x512px
>>5831888

>ywn be a rahkshi and pump her full of kraata
>>
>>5831924
>>5829209
Spread it around then. Everyone needs to sign and email Lego about the mask.
>>
So what bonkle sets do you guys have
>akida, ikir
>2016 tahu, lewa, pohatu

Ordered online
>lava beast, 2015 tahu&lewa, uxar, ketar

Want still
>2015 pohatu
>>
>>5832017
for G2? All of them.
>>
>>5832017
All G2 sets (polybags included) and now with TTV's reverse engineering the JtO Makuta I re-ordered the sets needed minus Umarak the Destroyer so far.
>>
>>5832017
Talking G2, then I have 2015 Kopaka, Onua, and Pohatu, LoSS, all of the Skellies, Umarak the Hunter, and 2016 Gali
>>
>>5832050
I think 2016 gali is the weakest of all 2016 sets

the shitty part about bionicle being discontinued is sets are starting to get hard to find. I doubt ill ever get my hands on a 2015 pohatu now without spending 30 or more, fuck

as for the ones I ordered well that was an impulse since theyll be gone soon, hopefully I dont get buyers remorse as it cost me 80 dollars
>>
>>5832064
What are your opinions over the 'big prize' for the Matuka contest? All the G2 sets... won't most of us already have them anyway? Especially if we are making a big MOC of Makuta.
>>
>>5832108
Yeah if youre making a makuta youre gunna need a good amount of sets so thats kind of a pointless prize. Could be useful for leaving unopened and selling down the road, but a better prize for a true fan would probably be a MoUP

[spoiler]or lego picks the winner and reproduces it as a actual set with a MoUP and get a money prize instead[/spoiler]
>>
>>5832124
how did that fuck up, does spoilers not work here
>>
>>5831486
there are some on bricklink, just ordered a bunch myself
>>
>>5832126
Spoilers don't work on /toy/, no.

I'm trying not to care that we won't get the MoUP, but it really does seem idiotic to not at least have a poly release for it.
>>
>>5832138
even if they did have a poly release how are you sure youd get one? they could be very limited or only ship to certain regions
>>
>>5832048
Can you link that thread? TTV's forum is so retarded to navigate.
>>
>>5832142
Bricklink is a thing, you know.
>>
>>5832142
The gold skull mask was a Russia exclusive and many of us still got one.
>>
>>5832144
http://board.ttvchannel.com/t/the-lets-build-jto-makuta-topic/27002/90
>>
>>5832175
Thanks m8.
>>
>>5831763
found it too. Too bad ya ain't getting it, because its mine now faggot lol.
>>
>>5832017
>Pohatu
>Onua
>Tahu
>Lewa
>PoS
>PoF
>PoE
>Skull Grinder + Ekimu
>Skull Basher
>Skull Scorpio

>Umarak the Hunter

Want
>Ekimu 2016
>Umarak the Destroyer
>Pohatu 2016 (Maybe)
>Onua 2016
>>
>>5831396
I'd just wait a few months until people stop freaking out over the cancellation.
>>
Any idea on when the magazine that includes ekimu's falcon will be released?
>>
>>5832486
I think October.
>>
>>5832486
August - October. Not sure what's the date for each country, but I'd assume the first ones to get the previous issue will also be the first to get this one.
>>
>>5832017
I'm still missing UtD, Lava Beast, Storm Beast, Tahu mask, Gali mask and Scorpio mask. Everything else I have.
>>
>>5832017
The only G2 things I'm missing are UtD and the special masks (except the Hero Pack one).
>>
>>5832017
All the G2 sets.

I'm waiting on the Villain Pack in the mail, and will probably never get the Comic Con exclusives, but I'm pleased with having a full set.

Opposed to G1 when I was at the mercy of my parents' wallet and never even getting a full group of any six in a wave, I'm very pleased.
>>
File: check list.png (3MB, 1164x1893px) Image search: [Google]
check list.png
3MB, 1164x1893px
>>5832017
>>
File: 1466966610203.jpg (23KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1466966610203.jpg
23KB, 480x480px
>>5831418
>he's a heavy bruiser type
>which is why he has wrist blades
>>
>>5831467
>instead of being a lumbering titan
>is a titan
>>
>>5832017
All G2 except the Skull sets because they suck ass
>>
>>5832677
kulta and basher are cool
>>
>>5832677
Warriors are also good mooks.
>>
>>5825597
Split it up into small bags of parts and sell those. Don't be that guy who tries his entire collection in one lot.
>>
>>5825814
F
Lego really didn't give a shit this time around. Nexo Knights got a 3D animated TV series from the beginning while Bionicle got a few shitty Flash animations and four 3D Netflix exclusive episodes.
>>
>>5832017

All of 2015, but only Pohatu, Tahu, Lewa, and their respective creatures in regards to 2016. I still have much to buy and I'm really afraid they're gonna be super hard to come by soon. When is Lego gonna outright stop production?
>>
>>5832727

This is what I don't fucking understand of all of it

Why did Bionicle, of ALL IPs, get the shit treatment?
>>
>>5826075
>didn't attract a lot of attention from kids, leading to low sales
Funny, that. Who would have guessed that zero advertising would have led to low sales?
>>
>>5826431
It was the first wave and there were no other villains. The kiddies need something for the Toa to bash.
>>
>>5826519
What is this madness? A Bionicle set being advertised?
>>
>>5832733
Constraction has been steadily declining for years and a large number of AFOLs still don't accept it as "real Lego". Bringing back Bionicle might actually have been an attempt to let the name and established fanbase drag them out of the mud far enough to get actual budget again.
>>
>>5826899
Not going to happen. Ninjago and Nexo Knights both have mecha and are already printing money.
>TFW we will never return to the days of ratchet-jointed mecha
Why bother living?
>>
File: Jewmarak the merchant.png (729KB, 624x608px) Image search: [Google]
Jewmarak the merchant.png
729KB, 624x608px
>>5827802
THIS.

Bonus points for G1 pieces and/or HF versions of the ball socket connections.
>>
>>5827049
Did you go through their website or is there an address?
>>
>>5827078
It's not just Lego. Video games have been dumbed down as well.
>>
>>5827639
Degenerate because children's toys are sexy as fuck.
>>
>>5828110
>Disney buys Bionicle
>G3 is an exact copy of G1 with shit-tier jokes and muh stronk female Mary Sue. Also no Roodaka, because of sexualization

I'd rather not.
>>
>>5827930
>Quake goes for over 30
Bloody hell. I think I'll have to buy it from TRU if it ever ends up there. Why is it rare?
>>
File: Umarak the Just.png (204KB, 262x536px) Image search: [Google]
Umarak the Just.png
204KB, 262x536px
>>5828494
>>5828503

>It was Gali the one who read the prophecy and decided to sacrifice the Toa and the reboot to stop Makuta

She fucked it all up.
>>
>>5828104
Nah, that was HF Savage Planet.
>>
>>5828099
Someone people actually listen to should seriously pitch this idea to some qualified companies. The IP must be pretty cheap after two cancellations and Bionicle on a big budget plus good marketing does absolutely have the potential to rake in a ton of cash.
>>
>>5828645
Yes, but so are the rest of us. I just ordered my first Terak, but I'll see if Bricklink has cheap bones before I buy more.
>>
>>5828722
Check bargain bins over the next few months and look on eBay.
>>
>>5829223
The bottom one looks alright, but the others are garbage. I might BL the brown parts on Rey 2.0
>>
>>5832831
Quake isn't even sold in some parts of Europe.

At least here in Finland he and Stormie are Lego Shop only.
>>
>>5832851
Hey, I'm considering ordering second Onua because he has so much parts I'd need.

Even more so because he has some other things I need for the Tohunga-Makuta that the contest image had.
>>
>>5832258
I don't think you're within my country, so I have doubts you know my local resellers.

Anyone else knows of dank toy stores in their area who still have roboriders, hordika etc in the very back of their shelves, dozens of discount stickers overlapping ?
>>
>>5831412
>>5831418
>>5831419
This will make working out how the hell to build them a lot easier.
>>
>>5832879
Only in my dreams, anon.
>>
>>5832866
Is any of the summer wave coming to the UK?
>>
>>5832886
I bought Ekimu over a month ago at the Glasgow LEGO shop mate, try checking around.
>>
>>5832886
kek faggot they're already in the UK.
>>
>>5832886
I wouldn't know. Your best bet would be to check the stores around you.
>>
I've been playing with my old Gahlok Kal all morning and crying. It's the only G1 set I still have
>>
>>5830232
I want to know. where can I buy these? if I can't have a proper 2017 wave, I'm gonna buy these as my Villager sets....with the exception of NotEkimu. I'll think of something else for Not!Ekimu.
>>
>>5831263
I think NOBODY expected to be a 9-year line like G1. If anything, the expected was 3 years minimum with the possibility of 1 or 2 IF things went very well.
>>
>>5830209
I kinda wanna get these and mofiy the torsos to make them less Mecha and more Autonomous Robots. like "We don't have the Toa, let's build something that can protect us!"
>>
>>5832980
>>5832975

I'm digging through Aliexpress trying to find them. Keep me updated bros and I'll do the same
>>
>>5832365
I got 2016 pohatu on a sale and at first i really didnt care for it but hes kind of growing on me. I switched around a couple parts and he looks better now too

>>5832486
what magazine?

>>5832579
what does grail mean, and why is there no "lost" option
>>
>>5833189
Holy Grail. An item you're after for ages but you just can't seem to find.

There's "Used to own" option.
>>
>>5832728
they probably already have seeing most stores dont have any at all in stock
>>
>>5832737
i didnt even know G2 bionicle was a thing until 2 weeks ago. Ive bought like 10 sets since
>>
>>5826537
can you show me an example of a system built humanoid?
>>
>>5829224
>>5832813
do you guys think we should send emails to lego saying this?
>>
>>5833238
Yes. What category does this come under on the 'Contact Us' page?
>>
>>5830232
why did different regions get different sets?
>>
>>5833246
Bootlegs
>>
>>5833243
products -> anything else?
>>
>>5830232
boi, i want that PoW mask so bad
>>
>>5833254
Does the bootleg Ekimu come with a gold Skull Spider?
>>
>>5833246
these are almost more appealing than the real protectors
>>
>>5833263
>not pointing out the golden feet
>>
>>5833243
Im sending my email right now, hopefully its decently written. Im really hoping for this parts tub to become a reality now
>>
>>5832017
All 2015 sets bar three Protectors.

Nothing from 2016, I pretty much gave up on collecting around the time the Uniters came out.
>>
>>5833269
I think I mentioned it last time the image was on /biog/.
>>
>>5825461
I dunno about you, but the creatures and umaraks were bretty great.
>>
>>5833327
>take toa
>rearrange a couple of parts
>they look amazing now

idk why theyre like this but they are, except for maybe gali. I really hated pohatu when I got it on sale but its growing on me and might be my favourite now
>>
do you guys think theyll ever make ccbs nexo knights?
>>
>>5833339
How do we fix Gali?
>>
>>5833388
Give 2015 Gali new mask, chestplate and the unity-piece
>>
>>5833388
I dont think asymmetry or orange suit her, 2015 was better
>>
>>5833393
I think that orange fit her better than yellow, but that's just me.
>>
>>5833388
Same way we fix every female MOC. With bigger tits. Seriously though, make her symmetrical and swap the spear for a trident. Replace the trans blue shells with dark azure ones to reduce the amount of colours on her. What about giving her orange feet as well?
>>
File: 15642988814_a9c0d3bf1b_o.jpg (241KB, 710x800px) Image search: [Google]
15642988814_a9c0d3bf1b_o.jpg
241KB, 710x800px
>>5833388
>>5833403
>>
>>5833429
>Those skinny arms
>>
After the initial shock that made me want to ragequit Lego for good, I have a newfound resolve to gather my parts and build new MOCs, and actually think that not having many new parts to deal with next year might help me focus on the old stuff and find uses for it.

Anyone else feel the same?
>>
>>5834841
While I didn't have the ragequit feel personally, just disappointment mainly, I can see your point. I did finally got around to make my Turaga Lhikan, just need some CCBS bones for the limbs.
But for the life of me I feel heavily uninterested in making an old school Makuta for the contest with black and purple, every time I attempt it.
Thread posts: 606
Thread images: 86

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.