[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>itt: toy shelf oddities Imagine a bastard off-spring of Silverhawks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 11

File: 040.jpg (121KB, 548x768px) Image search: [Google]
040.jpg
121KB, 548x768px
>itt: toy shelf oddities
Imagine a bastard off-spring of Silverhawks and Barbie with full articulation and you've got the Spectra line of dolls
>>
>>5757371
I still have my Spectra, although over the years the metalic paint has chipped off and now she looks weird.
>>
>>5757442
Probably would have been better if they had made the dolls' bodies a translucent plastic and filled them with paint
>>
I wonder if my Spectra is still in the attic...
>>
Kenner was notorious for clever parts reuse in their toys. A good example of this is their batman returns "shadow wing" batman which was just a retooled silverhawks buck with a batman head,logo,and utility belt slapped on and painted black.
>>
>>5764990
Forgot pic
>>
>>5764991
Quicksilver for reference
>>
Another exanple of Kenner parts/figure reuse is the "batjet" and the silverhawks "sprinthawk". Which is just the same vehicle with batman stickers stamped on it and of course painted black.
>>
>>5764994
>>
File: neutralizer.jpg (180KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
neutralizer.jpg
180KB, 1024x768px
Kenner reused alot of their previous molds,figures,accesories,etc in their batman lines. Going as far as like role play toys and shit. The "sonic neutralizer" is literally a black stormtrooper blaster with a batman silencer on it.
>>
File: newtoyst.jpg (19KB, 400x200px) Image search: [Google]
newtoyst.jpg
19KB, 400x200px
>>5765000
>>
File: $_1 (2).jpg (31KB, 257x400px) Image search: [Google]
$_1 (2).jpg
31KB, 257x400px
Kenner isnt the only company that did this though. A bunch of others have too,and one of my favorite examples of this is toybiz's "star blast" wolverine. They got a cable body,popped a wolverine head on it,upscaled it,and called it a day.
>>
>>5765016
>>
File: garh1.jpg (55KB, 570x448px) Image search: [Google]
garh1.jpg
55KB, 570x448px
Kenner used the Green Arrow Super Powers figure for the Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves figure.
>>
>>5765167
forgot link

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/kenners-robin-hood/
>>
>>5764994
Jeez they didn't even bother to make a little bat to sit on top in place of the hawk.
>>
>>5757371
That dog robot thing is disturbing. Imagine some scientists maiming up a dog and placing it's body parts into that robot body
>>
>>5771278
I'm sure at some point in the not too distant future, the brains of pets will be able to be surgically removed after they pass and implanted in animal like robots, same with the cylically I'll and old.

This kind of both sickens and fascinates me in a way because if the "soul" of an animal or human leaves it's host body, what will happen to the brain if it's still living on in an entirely new form?
>>
File: GreenArrow03.jpg (83KB, 512x768px) Image search: [Google]
GreenArrow03.jpg
83KB, 512x768px
>>5765167
Being the spiritual successor of the Super Powers line, I was kinda hoping we'd see DCUC Green Arrow as a generic Robin Hood.

Funny thing is, the Prince of Thieves outfit really looks nothing like GA's costume.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.