[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wanna see cool toys that you can only find in places that AREN'T

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: climb_tron.jpg (12KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
climb_tron.jpg
12KB, 360x360px
I wanna see cool toys that you can only find in places that AREN'T a normal toy store. (Museums, Zoos, etc.)

Bought one of these back around '00. At one of the smithsonian buildings (prolly the aerospace one) It has suction cups on it's feet that it alternates so that it can walk vertically or upside down. Plus, it looks like a baby version of ED-209
>>
File: newmamod1.jpg (9KB, 300x189px) Image search: [Google]
newmamod1.jpg
9KB, 300x189px
Toy.... kinda...

I say kinda because to make this little engine go you fill the boiler with water, light a fire, oil it, and wait for steam to build.

Once steam is built up, you have a real steam engine trundling around on your flood. Child hood dream come true!
>>
>>5754521
Holy shit I have one of those, it's still at my parent's house. That thing was rad
>>
>>5754529
That's pretty cool...sounds a little dangerous to give to a child, but still cool
>>
>>5754521
got one at NASA when i was a kid.
>>
>>5754521

I used to have the dark blue version of this thing. I got it from a space museum in Texas.
>>
>>5754521
I always loved buying civil war army men as a kid at the museum gift shops
>>
>>5754628
Thats why I said "kinda" as an adult is really the only one who could afford one of these.

Still, it's plenty of fun!
>>
File: topc68d13.jpg (36KB, 463x666px) Image search: [Google]
topc68d13.jpg
36KB, 463x666px
These 1/6 ASIMOs could only be bought from certain exhibition centers apparently. They were made by Honda itself.
>>
>>5754521
I had those, and I loved small astronaut sets that were similar to the army men sets.
>>
>>5754529
That's fucking cool
>>
>>5761832
How poseable is it?
>>
>>5754529
damn, bet it costs a price I don't want to pay
>>
>>5762384
Just as possable as the real thing, perhaps more since you never see ASIMOs doing splits or high kicks.
Honda released the first 2 versions of the robot but the differences are minimal. I'm getting the second one next month
>>
File: 20160701_013235.jpg (1MB, 1461x1708px) Image search: [Google]
20160701_013235.jpg
1MB, 1461x1708px
>>5765161
Welp, I was wrong on the date. The package arrived yesterday.
This thing is frail, very light, thin plastic and fully painted. Definitely not meant for play. It came with 2 missing closed hands (it's only accesory) and 2 damaged joints. One of the knees might snap if moved.
And yet I can't help but love it.
>>
>>5765161
Honda should shift focus to action figures instead of uncanny AI. we can wait for that
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.