[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else on this board collect toys just because they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 8

File: MJzV2d6.png (1013KB, 958x619px) Image search: [Google]
MJzV2d6.png
1013KB, 958x619px
Does anyone else on this board collect toys just because they like to play with them? I love playing with toys, and I only buy a toy if I think I would play with it in my "games"

Im just curious if this is common or not?

Im 23 years old, and other then playing with toys behind closed doors Im a pretty normal guy. I just tell my friends I like to collect them. But only one person knows I play with them.

Wasnt sure what picture to use for the thread. This is the first toy related image in my gallery
>>
>>5740877
define playing

you give them voices and shit?
>>
File: IMG_1291.jpg (1MB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1291.jpg
1MB, 1280x960px
>>5740877
Dunno what you mean by play. I do enjoy posing them, setting up interesting displays and practicing photography if that's what you mean. I also leave one or 2 on my desk to fiddle around with as a kind of anti stress mechanism. If you mean straight up role playing like giving em voices like >>5740885
suggested then no. I do like photographing them in ridiculous situations though.
>>
>>5740885
Idk I just like come up with stories and set them up and then act them out. I mean I did it when I was a kid and just never wanted to stop. I obviously do it less now but still.

It helps me come up with script ideas and such so thats a plus. But that's not why I do it
>>
>>5740885
And I give them dialog in my head but I dont say shit out loud at all
>>
I leave mine in their boxes. Only got a small collection of berserk figmas and evangelion figures though
I used to pose my evangelion ones, but I started to hate tactility. Probably autism
>>
>>5740877
Jealous of you senpai. I want to have fun with my toys but i am so manchild-phobic that i don't even touch them and let them collect dust.
Enjoy what you do.
>>
>>5740877
Yeah I love to play with my toys too. The beauty of toy is that there's no DRM, so you could have Captain America riding dinosaur while fighting Megatron. You could come up with crazy scenarios in your head and play it out physically

The problem is taking them in and out the shelf when they have intricate posing and balancing on the shelf. It is such a pain to do so just to fulfill an autistic hobby and usually when you play with toys you don't plan the script ahead. So yeah Captain America riding T-Rex beat Megatron, then what? Then you put them back into the shelf
>>
>>5740877
NO! I collect art & design! I'm bringing art and culture 'round here, pardner! None of you even appreciate toy design and engineering... I'm the only real toy boy here among the World War Robots!
>>
>>5740877
keep it up, op. Find fun anywhere
>>
>>5741118
Like I said im pretty normal otherwise. I have a girlfriend that actually encourages me and she likes it. I somehow lucked out on that one

>>5741127
Im pretty good at keeping the "story"going until im just done with it
>>5741319
Thanks, this world doesnt have a lot going for it. I guess we all do need to find our happiness
>>
>>5740877
I do sometimes, but only with certain toys.

Like I'll sometimes play short fights between my Marvel figures and have them fight or whatever (insert BAM POW WHOOSH etc.). Sometimes I'll play with my Godzilla minifigures and have them fight like in Godzilla Destroy All Monsters Melee. Legos, sometimes make D&D style dungeons. My mini Gundam figures play like a JRPG (make teams, turn-based battles, power-up, etc.). I used to do this a lot during summer breaks, but now I don't have as much time these days with a full-time job. It's cool though, still do it every once in a blue moon. I'm in my mid 20's too.
>>
File: adultstormtrooper.jpg (7KB, 157x321px) Image search: [Google]
adultstormtrooper.jpg
7KB, 157x321px
Do you "play" with a fine oil painting? No, you display it with pride.
>>
File: 1466029943638.jpg (16KB, 381x392px) Image search: [Google]
1466029943638.jpg
16KB, 381x392px
>tfw trying to get into stop motion but it takes so goddamn long
>>
File: Punch_Test.webm (515KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Punch_Test.webm
515KB, 1280x720px
Good on you, OP. When I was a kid I love to play with toys, make up stories and shit then my dad got a digital camera so I started to film my stories and slowly started doing stop-motion animation. I never really stopped buying figs and making stop-motion, it feels great

>>5741610
You can do it anon, the key is practice.
>>
>>5741599
Well theres a reason I dont buy fine oil paintings anon

>>5741669
I think its great you are keeping your creativity alive. A lot of people just lose that over time. I dont want that to happen
>>
>>5741669
>tfw always wanted to do stop-motions but don't have an idea on what to make
I just want to make non-nonsensical shit like plamoo or something.
>>
>>5741669
holy shit that's some fucking nice movement anon
>>
File: poor little waifus.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
poor little waifus.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
does stuff like this count as "playing"?
>>
>>5741742
I would say so also not OP but i do this type of shit all the time
>>
>>5740877
i do as well anon. I've created my own little toy universe with storylines and everything that i hope to put on paper someday. I replay certain stories if i like them alot.
I also don't buy toys unless it can fit into my toy universe.
no one knows i do either and im kinda self conscious about when people ask why i collect toys.
Then again whats the difference between this and playing sandbox games like gmod or besiege.
>>
>>5741669
That's fantastic anon, looks great!
>>
File: SixshotRelaxing.jpg (430KB, 1417x1089px) Image search: [Google]
SixshotRelaxing.jpg
430KB, 1417x1089px
>>5740877

I buy expensive hunks of plastic because I like playing with them, yes.
>>
I'd like to but making a good cast has been kinda expensive and tiring.
It got me into trying customs, though.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.