[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Small survey just for curiosity. I've been clearing away

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: u.jpg (253KB, 749x563px) Image search: [Google]
u.jpg
253KB, 749x563px
Small survey just for curiosity. I've been clearing away some of my collection (stuff I've had for a few years but haven't touched in awhile), and I realize some people are doing the same. It's making me wonder:

(for the sake of simplicity, action figures/dolls you've spent at least $5 on. Estimate if you don't know the specific number, obviously)
>how many figures would you guess you own?
>how many of those figures do you not display and play with? (excluding broken stuff)
>is there a certain limit where you'd think 'oh fuck, I have way too many figures'?
>is there an amount you would ideally like to upsize/downsize?
>do you feel your collection has too many/too few of something? (eg. too many waifushits)
>how many months/years have you been collecting? (as an adult collector, I guess?)
>>
72, according to my MyFigureCollection. Plus two or three things that aren't in their database.

>how many of those figures do you not display and play with? (excluding broken stuff)
Only the ones that I no longer consider part of my collection, ie ones I'm trying to sell.

>is there a certain limit where you'd think 'oh fuck, I have way too many figures'?
I've hit that limit before, it was 100. Almost immediately sold off a big chunk of my gunpla collection, then my waifu figmoes. Now I'm into my strong guys.

Not particularly. I don't have a magic number for "the right sized collection" in mind, at least.

>do you feel your collection has too many/too few of something? (eg. too many waifushits)
Nope, buying to fit some sort of checklist of kinds of toys is actually retarded. I wasted a lot of money buying things I didn't really want figuring that out.

>how many months/years have you been collecting? (as an adult collector, I guess?)
First gunpla kit was in October 2014, so let's say 18ish months.
>>
>6, if you don't include models, 33 (probably) with models
>6, the actual figures
>when my dresser I use as a shelf gets full
>not really
>since January of last year, I bought the Gurren revo which also started my downfall into a cancerous weaboo
>>
>about 85ish
>I have like 25~ figs I've yet to sell, which aren't accounted in that total number.
>150 seems like a scary number.
>Still under 100 by the end of 2016, hopefully.
>Nah. It's a complete sausagefest but that's not a problem for me, I guess.
>Since late 2008. I've sold a lot of shit to still have my collection under 100, yeah.
>>
Probably a little over 80
I have about half of them display in my detlof and the other have in a storage bin in separate plastic bags
A while ago I felt like I had reached that limit and I needed some cash so I sold a couple lots of figures on eBay.
I'm pretty much where I want to be.. But as long as NECA keeps cranking out Terminator/Evil Dead shit I'm going to keep buying
Too few MOTUC
When I was 16 I wasn't into it at all and I got my first job working at a grocery store where I met this other kid whose life revolved around it. He got me into collecting big time. I'm 21 now and we still collector together.
>>
350? That's if we're saying the base price of each figure is $5
30 regularly
No, I need more
1000 would be a nice cap
Glyos
Glyos, a few years. Toys, as an adult collector 10 years, in general, all my life.
>>
>own
probably 900 at this point
>don't display/play
Deliberately boxed up, ~100. Piled up somewhere, ~100.
>too many
When I entertained doing a Twisted Mego Theatre homage, no such thing as too many. Now...*
>downsize to
I don't know, maybe 500?
>too many/few
Too many one offs, too few sets/teams.
>years
About 18.

*Pretty much failed at running a toy store so much of the "too many" is "too much backstock" (although it's not counted in the 900 figure - add another 700), so I won't be doing any major housecleaning until I get that down to double digits.
>>
>approximately 300 by this post, Transformers are close to hoarder tier
>everything is in storage for moving right now, I display and play with a small handful and cycle them out
>I think I've reached that limit and need to prune my collection
>I don't know what amount I'd get rid of, probably whatever I don't think is fun or valuable anymore
>too many shitty robots that aren't great toys and hold no sentimental or fun value for me
>collecting since 2008, so eight years now
>>
244 according to mfc, plus minus a few murrican ones.
I don't play with them, everything is on 'display'
I passed that limit.
as long as I can display them, I don't care
>do you feel your collection has too many/too few of something?
too many bugmen. too many figures I paid full price for, and too many that I'm disappointed with. (lack of accessories, crappy articulation)
>how many months/years have you been collecting?
7 years or so.
>>
>>5739913
>~100 is probably right
>everything that I'm not trying to sell
>no
>no. I don't buy figures to increase the size of my collection, my collection increases because I buy figures
>no, it's all stuff I like
>almost 3 years
>>
I guess I really don't know. Depends on what you count as "figures" do megabloks guys count? Lego? I'd say probably 200 or more all in all

Probably 30-40% of it because I am very limited on space.

Yeah I'm there, I'd like to cut my stuff in half.
>is there an amount you would ideally like to upsize/downsize? Yeah, see above. I mean, Ideally I'd like to have maybe one or two shelves or detolfs of the best stuff and can the rest.

Too much Funko. Got into it pretty big there for a year, and I've winded down and now it's just like....fuck. They are basically unsellable secondary.

About 3 years I think, I guess you could round it up to 4 safely. I really started buying stuff up around 2012 some time.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.