[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New action portables for pre order on June 17th. It will be my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 11

File: 3aap.jpg (436KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
3aap.jpg
436KB, 1000x667px
New action portables for pre order on June 17th. It will be my first 3A pre order ever, I feel like I'm really taking this hobby to the next level now, growing up, if you will.
>>
>>5725487
Prepare to be mildly disappointed.
>>
>>5725487
prepare to wait 1-2 years for 3A to release them
>>
File: tillotson_100b_final_b.jpg (1MB, 2550x1650px) Image search: [Google]
tillotson_100b_final_b.jpg
1MB, 2550x1650px
>>5725487
Ive got fighting jesus and cold merde from the previous series.
IF they're the same price i will go for the cowboy and possibly the astronaut.
The TKs face looks retarded even if the bodies and clothes are kinda cool in a apocalyptic punk way
>>
Definitely want the Astronaut. Needs and the Blind Cowboy.

The Mummy looks cool too
>>
>>5725727
I could never like the TKs due to their faces
>>
File: super_captcha.png (372KB, 488x636px) Image search: [Google]
super_captcha.png
372KB, 488x636px
>>5725791
could we do a head swap with other figures / not 3A?

Like a marvel legends or a funko legacy generic malcolm reynolds face? could that work with these?
>>
>>5725487
I'll be picking up Lasstranaut and Dead Cosmonaut without hesitation. Very much considering Blind Cowboy/ghost Horse too.
>>
Does this mean we can buy just the horse without the rider? I only want to get the horse and Shadow Merde.
>>
>>5725487
I used to heavily shill 3A here, you might remember me as the dreaded "3Anon". Hear now my words and heed them well. If 3A you wish to collect, only pain will you find. We're not 3A'ers! 3A is some kind of high fashion designer label for the affluent! WE ARE NOT 3A! WE ARE TOY BOYS! Do you even understand me? Is any of this getting through to you? I recommend you buy quality toys from Tamashii Nations and The Four Horsemen instead... I'll admit it, I'm nothing but a poorfag piece of shit!
>>
>>5726166
i dont care for your post, no sir i do not
>>
>>5726171
I'm trying to GHELP you here! 3A will only bring you pain, suffering, and misery! 3A atrophied my brain! KILL ALL NIGGERS!
>>
>>5726166
fuck off Peon
>>
File: expressyourselfwith3A.png (510KB, 465x883px) Image search: [Google]
expressyourselfwith3A.png
510KB, 465x883px
>>
>>5726193
3Anon here and I support this image although I prefer Star Wars to anime shit hbu VOTE TRUMP build wall BEN GARRISON

My favorite bands are Joy Division, Death In June, and Gnaw Their Tongues!
>>
>>5726193
it wouldve been funnier with a guy wearing those cooky jackets that /fa/ tends to wear
>>
>>5726366
>cooky jackets
/fa/g here, I used to be on /toy/ a lot but now I collect clothes lol

what jacket are you referring to
>>
>>5728386
every one you have im guessing
>>
A character literally called shit.

Don't say you dont know what you're getting into anons.
>>
File: uep.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
uep.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>5725487
the other 1/12 were 40 dlls, it seems that the chick and the astronaut will be 80, the others 65.

I was OK with 40, not going to buy anything at this price point, fuck you ashley.
>>
>>5731328
by the other 1/12 i mean the previous wave.
>>
>>5725487
I'm a little worried about how the clothing will look in 1/12, my experience with portable has been exclusively robutts

anyone have any inhand shots to share?

I have been wanting a Blind cowboy portable for years, but since I've waited so long I feel like I might be able to live without it.
>>
>>5731348
I have fighting jesus and cold merde, they're great.

Im also itching for a BC but 65$ is too expensive for 1/12 of a figure with no real IP.
>>
>>5725727
Cool papercraft!!!!
>>
The 3A Destiny Titan looks to be finally shipping out, got my tracking info through this morning.
>>
Nothing says "we're a shit tier company" more than ripping off the Tamiya logo.
>>
I've always wondered who the hell sculpts these things. I know Ashley Wood designs them, but who actually does the sculpting?
>>
>>5733030
Good logo, though.
>>
>>5734884
I don't think they've ever made that info public. I sort of imagine it's more than one person working on it. In any case, I've always been a bit unhappy with the sculpts as compared to Wood's artwork. I think they could do a better and more accurate job of translating it, but that's just my opinion.

>>5731328
OUCH that hurts. I really only wanted Golovorez, but $80 is a little too rich for my blood I think. I mean, I understand why he costs more with the fatsuit and backpack, but still...I can get aftermarket 1/6 figures for that price. Too bad, I really liked the idea of a 1/12 fatty skeleton cosmonaut for my desk.
>>
>>5734902
Composition, use of media, line and dynamism are, in my opinion, some of the most important aspects of Wood's work, and basically none of those translate very well into action figures.
They definitely made the right choice when it came to clothes and accessory's, though. Fabric works way better than sculpted clothing. I don't know why more companies don't use it.
>>
File: 209rgoy.jpg (541KB, 1110x1280px) Image search: [Google]
209rgoy.jpg
541KB, 1110x1280px
>>5731348
The fabric is pretty good. Obviously the drape isn't as good as 1/6, and the fabric weave and stitching look very obviously oversized. But it's probably the best 1/12 clothing I've ever seen. It's not too restrictive, and looks pretty nice in-hand! (as opposed to scrutinizing it under a macro lens)

That said, I might be a little bit worried about the leather jacket on the S&D UKTK? I don't know how they're gonna pull that one off but I am sorta expecting it'll hamper articulation by a fair bit.
>>
>>5734905
>Fabric works way better than sculpted clothing. I don't know why more companies don't use it.
Use of fabric is pretty common in the 1/6 world. And if you mean more 1/12 companies should use it, wellll....it's way more expensive to hire new people to design tiny clothes than to just keep making everything out of plastic like they've been doing. Besides, even when they do try it, it's usually dogshit--until ThreeA gave us some decent clothing in their Action Portable line, 1/12 clothes were largely regarded as a bad idea and a fool's errand. It was just too hard to get cloth to behave well and look nice at such a small scale.
>>
>>5734917
Why is that? What did they do differently?
>>
File: DSC_0244small.jpg (110KB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0244small.jpg
110KB, 800x531px
>>5734951
Keep in mind this is all theoretical, it's just my thoughts and suspicions on the subject.

ThreeA started out in 1/6 scale. I think they leveraged the knowledge they gained about fabrics in that scale and used it to develop good clothes for 1/12 that matched the 1/6 as closely as possible. They definitely use some fabric types that I haven't seen many other companies use in 1/12. This is also a theory, but I think a lot of their clothes sit better because they're sort of put through the wringer. Whatever dyeing, soaking, washes and weathering processes they're put through seem to leave them feeling a little softer and thinner than what I'm used to seeing in this scale. A good example is Kuan Ti's facecloth, which actually feels pretty distressed, like a raggedy old t-shirt.

I also think ThreeA has simply put more time and effort in than most other slapdash attempts at clothing I've seen in 1/12 scale. It seems like an afterthought more than anything for many companies. That said, I don't own any Mezco One:Twelfth Collective figures yet, but they seem to be doing some pretty good looking cloth goods. And of course, the 1/12 doll-type clothes I own from companies like AZone are excellent quality--but they're also way fucking expensive, so I guess you get what you pay for there.

Pic related is also 1/12. Note the nice bunching of the boiler suit around the sleeve and calves--the fabric has enough give to do that, yet is stiff enough to hold the folds in place. That's some nice soft goods work there.
>>
>>5736793
I have that 1/12 Junglevet. Hoods still need some more work in the scale, but the wire in the boiler suits' hoods makes it sit nicely against the shoulders.
>>
>>5738319
Would you recommend the Junglevet? Any major shortcomings or flaws? How much does the boiler suit limit his articulation?

I am already aware that the boots are gonna have rather shit articulation because there's no joint, the ankle just plugs into the boot.
>>
Is it safe to assume that Golovorez will have the same standard male body? I know the 1/6 scale version is only fat for his clothes, the base body is the normal male body, but I know they have made fat characters in 1/12 scale before with actually fat bodies, though that was a robot.

Also, how is the 1/12 female body?
>>
>>5738756
It's a lot of fun. I don't know if it's because his boiler suit isn't tattered like other figures or it's because of the camo printing, but the fabric feels a bit stiffer. I feel on Junglevet in particular, the shoulder-chest swing is a bit limited. While it does makes rolling the sleeves up much easier, it's a bit more difficult to shove the pant legs into the boots.

Speaking of boots, mine had excess, wet black wash and I spent a good couple of minutes wiping it off.

The left hand doesn't quite hold the revolver unless you really push it forward into the curl of the fingers. As per usual from threeA, the trigger fingers can't go inside the trigger guards of the revolvers.

The moving eye at the scale is the main reason why I bought it.

>>5739868
>Also, how is the 1/12 female body?
It's pretty shitty, even moreso than the 1/6 bodies. I've had the shoulders pop out of their sockets and the biceps, being really thin pegs, just fall out. They still have a soft plastic cover for the torsos, so you get squishy boobs and butts. Lasstranaut would fare better since she doesn't have the fake skin over her legs, though.
>>
>>5739868
I'm like 99% sure Golovorez will have the same ol' standard body with a fatsuit.

I think you're referring to the Ankou EX, which is a completely different product and was designed from the ground up as a fat robot in the first place. I don't think they've ever made such a huge production change as that before (making a skinny character in a fatsuit into a simply fat figure) in the transition to 1/12.
>>
>>5726166
lol no
>>
Can I still preorder 1/12th Blind Cowboy? Nothing on bambaland and I have no idea where these toys are sold.
>>
>>5744621
same question here
>>
>>5740863
This looks like something ghetto black dudes would want to buy.
>>
>>5744621
Same here, too. I'd prefer 1/12, but I'll settle for 1/6, I just want that badass cowboy.
>>
>>5744827
>>5744811
Heh... Anyone who knows?
>>
>>5744621
>>5744811
>>5751805
Actually all the new Three A AP line is now closed for orders. They said that the line should hit normal retailers soon, no exact day though
>>
>>5744621
>>5744811
>>5744827
>>5751805
Cowboy set is Bambaland only. Contact customer service ([email protected]) immediately about pre-ordering
>>
File: 901235_press01-001[1].jpg (141KB, 1385x600px) Image search: [Google]
901235_press01-001[1].jpg
141KB, 1385x600px
...Is 50€ for a new Mr Frosty a good deal?

I've managed to track some local store who's got some old stock, this'd also be my first 3A fig
>>
GUY WITH SWORD
GUY WITH SWORD 2
FETISHIZED JAPANESE GIRL
Ashley when will you stop and release a vaporwave track with each figure
>>
>>5752088
What store would that be, fampai? You're not allowed to hold out on us!
>>
>>5752135
It's a high urban fashion store in the Hague, they don't have a website.

The did have 3A and vinyl tho
>>
>>5752088
It's not a bad price for a new 1/12.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.