[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

does anybody here buy to sell? I mean you can basically guarantee

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: yoda erection.jpg (196KB, 1600x1514px) Image search: [Google]
yoda erection.jpg
196KB, 1600x1514px
does anybody here buy to sell?

I mean you can basically guarantee some legos are going to go up in price and some toys are always going to be in demand.
>>
I sometimes buy a few extra pieces to bulk up my order for shipping, then sell off the extras locally around town.
>>
Generaly considered scalping, and is highly frowned upon here.
>>
Nope not really. The only purchases I would make to sell is if there was a lot sale of toys that I wanted some from, but others I would sell off or something.
>>
>>5568473
Well turn that frown :c upside down c:
>>
>>5568462
No but I occasionally regret shit I buy before it even gets here and sell it immediately.
>>
>>5568506
I think I see this a lot with hot toys because theres always so many recent ones being sold off second hand on the bay.
>>
>>5568499
Kill yourself.
>>
>>5568506
That reminds me, how much would you guys say is a fair price for an unopened Figuarts Luke? Either version?
>>
File: ymw4s-1.jpg (181KB, 593x499px) Image search: [Google]
ymw4s-1.jpg
181KB, 593x499px
I live in an area where LEGO does poorly. I scoop up tons on clearance (anywhere between 50% to 80% off) and sell it on eBay to fund my LEGO hobby and Christmas for my family.

Barring a really sharply rising set post retirement, I generally sell my stuff at normal MSRP because I make enough flipping them quickly.

I don't like the notion that all selling is scalping, because that's just ignorance or jealousy talking.
>>
>>5568656
>I don't like the notion that all selling is scalping, because that's just ignorance or jealousy talking.
This. It's only scalping if your purchase could have meant that someone who wanted the product didn't get it.

If it's something like "only 100 sets made!" and you buy it solely resell, that's scalping. Like when amiibos had very low supply and you were literally taking a toy away from a child in order to make money, that's scalping.

Most toys are effectively unlimited supply, but in a limited window. If you buy this to resell it to someone who missed it, your purchase did not deprive anyone else.
>>
>>5568656
>>5568665

Its still scalping, no matter how you spin it to soften the blow.

LEGO, however, has a weird grey area when it comes to reselling.

Most people bitch endlessly about the people who buy up sets in order to part them out on Bricklink....yet everyone fucking loves bricklink and swears by it. Where the fuck do people think those parts come from, if not from people who buy up tons of sets to part them out?

All I really bother doing is selling minifigures I don't really want out of sets that I buy. Helps cut a big chunk out of the price, especially with Star Wars or Super Hero sets.
>>
I had two 10179 Falcons I sold to buy my first car.

Ended up getting a 2010 Charger paid for by them.
>>
sonetimes I find stuff at flea markets to sell, only to find out that their pretty worthless.
>>
>>5569087

That's the UCS Falcon, right?

That things worth several thousand, per.
>>
>>5569087
those large legos, how much were they cost on release? could u buy them in shops?
>>
>>5568462
>does anybody here buy to sell?
>>5568467
>I sometimes buy a few extra pieces
I have a question - i bought extra Bebop and Rocksteady and those 4 Turtles. They were cheap in russia so i bought some extra because..i dont know. I guess i wanted to have some unopened in future.

Will they cost more in future? + they are the "russian" version of package.
>>
File: 1458078160610.jpg (33KB, 680x408px) Image search: [Google]
1458078160610.jpg
33KB, 680x408px
>>5568671
>Where the fuck do people think those parts come from, if not from people who buy up tons of sets to part them out?

People with years-long collections who need money?
>>
>>5568665
>>5568671
what about the outright destruction of stuff that never sells, though? It's not like you always know whether or not little Timmy got that bigass set for his birthday, or that it even sold at all when you don't see it on the shelf.

That anon's taking advantage of a unique situation where he isn't doing anyone any harm. If it's in Walmart deep clearance, you know nobody cares about it.
>>
>>5569113

I bought them for $500 each from lego.com and sold one for $4500 and the other for $4800. Bought my car for $8500.
>>
>>5568462
>Thumbnail looks like yoda is caught with dick in hand.
>>
I never buy with intent to sell, but sometimes some things just go up in value enough where the cash is worth more than the money. In some cases it's been a little regret, like with the Red and Green RIO:Bone Cantis. I got about twice as much as I paid for them, but they were great figures. Others, not so much. The first SHF Trunks I sold way before premium color was a thing, sold it on the BST for 200 bucks when I'd paid 50 for him. No regret there.
>>
>>5569426
Yeah but some parts that are a lot newer and are only in 1 or 2 sets HAVE to be sold from those sets. I don't think anyone is buying sets to sell the 1x8 grey tiles.
>>
>>5568462
if you're interested in scalping the subreddit /r/actionfigures will feel like home.
>>
What other ways are there/ do people make money with toys?

Parting them out? like dinky toy parts?

Restoration? re painting enamel toys.

casting often broken parts?
>>
>>5568665
People are just butthurt that they drag their feet through normal retail, drag their feet through clearance period, drag their feet through reissues, and then, GASP, have to pay a few shekels whenever they get around to getting their act together.

In my opinion, OP should just not even bother. He will either sit on these until the end of time or attract tantrums/fishing.
>>
>>5571956
I used to buy lots of figures and lots of parts fairly cheaply (relative to complete sets). I'd complete a figure in my collection, then slowly match up figures with parts and sell them off for enough that my part was free. But with the sheer volume and repetition of TFs today, it's not worth it. People are either charging $20 for an accessory to a $10 toy (if they have parts) or waiting for a reissue/remake (if they need parts).
>>
>>5568462
You mean Scalpers ?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.