[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else here doing the work of retail employee's when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: retail life.jpg (48KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
retail life.jpg
48KB, 500x500px
Anyone else here doing the work of retail employee's when toy hunting in brick and mortar stores?

>Always pick up loose balls kids have kicked around
>Tidy up shelf pegs when lines are scattered or items have fallen off the shelf
>Informing workers about stolen goods ie empty packs pointing out shop lifters or even pointing out when items have been hastily swapped from one box to the other
>Informing staff when price tickets are incorrect, even if its not on something you're not buying
>Moving one/2 items that have been moved from one section to where they belong ie diecast cars from plushies

Is this autism or am I just a nice guy to me and my fellow collectors/store workers?

It drives me mad when I see displays untidy, that said I never spend more than 5 mins fixing shit up (and only shit I'm actually looking) at that isn't mine nor will I run around the store with an empty box just to find a worker to deal with it, only when I catch sight I'll then tell them
>>
In North Jersey there's a Toys R Us that's such a perpetual madhouse that employees have to literally push cartfuls of unrelated toys around the store to put them back in place due to all the kids and parents taking items and then tossing them when they see something else and never returning them. Boxes are dented and frayed, kids are running around, and cashiers always end up having to stall the line due to some parent complaining about a coupon not working or a price being a few dollars off from the ticket.
>>
Sounds pretty normal (for non-black/Indian customers). I do most of that stuff too.
>>
>>5533988
>>5533979
I do the same thing. You have to be aware how much it sucks dick to work retail. I've straightened up many a toy section.
>>
>>5533979
>>5533988
>>5534778
I do it too. I just feel bad when I see a ruined aisle.
>>
>>5533987
That's every Walmart around here. Way too many black kids running wild and throwing stuff everywhere. I remember, back around 2004 during TF Energon, I literally waded, knee high, through an aisle because it was like somebody just dumped an entire aisle on the floor. These days I don't think stores put enough toys on the shelves to cover up the floor if you cleared both sides of the aisle.
>>
I mainly straighten up pegs so the correct shit gets ordered when it's low.
>>
I go through the entire section of the shelf to see if there's anything I want. When I put everything back, things tend to be more ordered than when I got there.
>>
File: Lance_drink.jpg (277KB, 1488x837px)
Lance_drink.jpg
277KB, 1488x837px
I do the exact opposite. I routinely mess up fronted merchandise, mix up items from different sections, and tilt/knock over boxes looking for a specific item.

I also hunt for stray LEGO that's been busted out or strewn on the floor to save it from being thrown out.
>>
is this thread true autism?
>>
>>5536737
I think there is actually less autism then one might think. Seems to me to be more of upbringing working in there with a bit of autism, ocd, other such things thrown in, but mostly upbringing. You get taught to do something all the time by family so it gets upsetting when others don't do the same, not fully grasping how different everyone truly is. This sort of mental conditioning is what makes zealotism so easy to occur, you think things that don't follow your norm are heretical, have to fix it.

The autism just helps make us give a care when the subject is something 'childish' like toys. But of course this is all my opinion on the matter, so take it with however much salt pleases you.
>>
I once saw a bunch of opened minifig bags at TRU. Not sure if it was attempted theft or some sort of toy patriotism because everything was still there. I later took the ones i actually needed and reported it at checkout
>>
>>5534778
Walmart slave here. I stopped caring. I have fixed it so many times and it just gets rekt. Also not my job.
>>
>>5536782
More like OCD than autism. A place for everything and everything in its place.
>>
>>5533979
Doing God's work anon, us retail plebs will take all the help we can get.

What really annoys me is when people leave shit on the floor. Being lazy and leaving something somewhere else is one thing, but stuff on the floor is actual trip hazards and can kill grandmas.

>>5536956
People like to open them just to check them, I find more opened ones still intact than stolen.
>>
There's been several occasions where I've found swapped out Marvel Legends or Collectible Minifig packs at my local TRU. I always take them up to customer service and they seem really thankful, but I'm thinking they probably don't give a shit.
>>
>>5537793
I actually don't put stuff back where they belong if put on the wrong shelf, sorry. I do however pick up stuff on the floor, actual products or even trash and try to put them where they belong if possible. Nothing irritates me more then seeing a kid toss a wrapper or something on the floor in front of his mom and not get his butt smacked let alone at least being told to pick it back up. but I live in an area where the parents are still kids probably not out of high school yet with more kids very visibly on the way guess they don't have time for manners
>>
>>5536994
You don't know what OCD is, do you?
>>
>>5533987
North jersey here as well. Sounds like every toys r us here.
>>
I always try and mess up the toy department when I go to a certain Walmart. Some bitch works at the toy department that I can't fucking stand, so as long as she works there I'll do it.
I don't even buy whatever cheap kiddy garbage they sell at Walmart, I go out of my way to do it.
>>
Not autism, just making things look nice

I do that too. It drives me crazy that people just put stuff anywhere
>>
File: syrian store.jpg (530KB, 1024x660px) Image search: [Google]
syrian store.jpg
530KB, 1024x660px
>>5546999
I hate to break it to you, but you're very ignorant.
Most stores all over the world also have a rule for tidy looking shelves and if the laws are lax about lawsuits, the shop owner will scream or even hit you for not cleaning up after yourself.
Even in war-torn areas, the shops will look neat and organized.

So why do some people just leave shit? it's mostly because of the employees being lazyshits.
Yep, lazyshits are mostly the cause for messy looking stores. If a store looks disorganized, people will give less of a shit when cleaning up after themselves. It's diminished responsibility and is common everywhere, from all walks of life and caste.

So why are the employees lazy? Either because they hate working in the ghetto, are racist, or poorly paid.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.