[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's with sellers no longer leaving feedback? When did

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

File: f542.jpg (35KB, 680x320px) Image search: [Google]
f542.jpg
35KB, 680x320px
What's with sellers no longer leaving feedback? When did this become a trend?
>>
>>5526242
They probably got burned by a scammer at some point.

Now they're just being extra cautious.
>>
>>5526242
It seems to me like big sellers with 10,000+ feedback leave it as soon as you pay for the item, but small time sellers never leave it, even after I've left positive feedback for them as a buyer.
>>
its a pain in the ass. i also like to have the buyer think i have even minor leverage against them to scream SCAMMMERRRR on their page
>>
>>5526277
New ebay seller long time buyer here. How hard is eBay on sellers? How badly can buyers fuck us over on a whim?
>>
>>5526292
I record myself packing stuff I sell if I'm unsure about the buyer. So far I've never had to use it but it's better safe than sorry.
>>
>>5526292
I've been selling for years and I've only been successfully screwed a few times. People try and fail kind of often. maybe like once out of every 50, but it's been okay lately. There was a rash of scammers about two years ago that has died down

The Op made me laugh, because I stopped leaving feedback a long time ago for the exact reasons anons already stated
>>
>>5526311
It's kind of mean to not leave feedback once your buyer has left positive feedback
>>
I've been on eBay since probably 2007, mostly as a seller.

Way back in the beginning, people seemed to leave feedback for each other way more often. Feedback is pretty much a joke on eBay now, though, just like most of their other features.

Sellers are forced to leave only positive feedback for buyers now, which usually isn't an issue until you run into some dickhead who strings you along, or makes excuses, or just flat out doesn't pay or some shit.

I rarely get feedback from buyers. I usually list 10-12 items at any given time, and I am lucky if I get feedback back from 2 or 3 of those transactions. It doesn't matter if I leave feedback first, or wait for the buyers to leave feedback, I usually always only get 2 or 3. I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 350 feedback, and I'd probably have closer to 1200 if every person reciprocated my feedback.

I do have to admit, though. Having been on eBay for nearly 10 years, I've never been scammed or screwed over by a buyer. I've had a couple that have done some really weird shit, like feed me some weird shit about how they couldn't pay, and even gotten the classic "I didn't buy this. My kid was playing with the computer and accidentally the auction, so I'm not paying." among other things, but never been screwed or scammed.
>>
Shit gets old. It's like being asked and pestered to write an essay for some hopeful trying to make their mark.
>>
>>5526331
>Sellers are forced to leave only positive feedback for buyers now
This pissed me off even before I ever sold anything. Fucking why?
>>
>>5526331
>I do have to admit, though. Having been on eBay for nearly 10 years, I've never been scammed or screwed over by a buyer. I've had a couple that have done some really weird shit, like feed me some weird shit about how they couldn't pay, and even gotten the classic "I didn't buy this. My kid was playing with the computer and accidentally the auction, so I'm not paying." among other things, but never been screwed or scammed.

I hate how it's acceptable now to just stick your kid on the Internet and say "LOL WHOOPS" Would you let your 10 year old run around New York for 24 hours?
>>
I will only leave positive feedback for a buyer once they have left me feedback, telling me they are happy with the purchase. Buyer feedback is mostly useless anyway. Nope, I don't believe a buyer deserves an automatic positive just for paying. Ebay needs to make all purchases require immediate payment, really. Most buyers do pay immediately, and when I buy I pay immediately.

Feedback is essential for sellers to even function, yet 25% of buyers never leave it. This can actually hurt our seller ratings in eBay's eyes.

Ebay is also trying to force printing shipping labels on us and punishing anyone who mails at a PO.

>buyer purchases Friday night
>can't mail until Monday morning
>eBay penalizes my score a bit because I couldn't upload tracking info within 48 hours

Fuck their monetary holds, too. I can see it for new sellers, but they require too much to lift it- we have to sell a minimum of 25 items in 90 days worth $250 or more just to lift it, and if we go without selling for a bit they slap it back on us. It really should not be legal to hold funds like that for any account more than 90 days old. Paypal also tends to apply that hold to non-eBay transactions even though they shouldn't, because it's a fucking eBay policy.

Sadly so many toy collector forums have gotten full of cheapasses lately, reddit's toy sale boards are shitpiles and BST isn't worth the trouble anymore unless you want a huge hit to the sale price, so it's sell on eBay and wait 3 days after delivery to get the money, or not at all.
>>
>>5526400
>Ebay is also trying to force printing shipping labels on us and punishing anyone who mails at a PO.
>>buyer purchases Friday night
>>can't mail until Monday morning
>>eBay penalizes my score a bit because I couldn't upload tracking info within 48 hours

Really? I haven't seen any of this, although they try their damnedest to bully sellers into offering free shipping.

Years ago shipping cost wasn't even subject to eBay and paypal's fees, but people fucked that up by putting auctions at like, 1 cent, and charging $200 shipping just to circumvent paying any fees.

What's more is that I hate that they force you to charge no more than $4 when you ship any video game out, which is retarded. I assume that they expect you to ship it out in a cheap bubble mailer, which works at $4 I guess...but then you're at the risk the game getting crushed and having the buyer bitch at you.

Plus, it starts to not work so well when we're talking about older games in jewel cases, or collector's edition games in bigass boxes or something.
>>
that happens when you buy shit from manchild toy hoarders.

it has never happened to me when i buy cameras or film. the guys are always bro tier and leave shit like "top ebayer" which is always useful.
>>
>>5526433
>manchild toy hoarders.

you mean people such as yourself?

>>5526419

I offer free shipping but I factor in postage cost into the price, like everyone should. However it does make it harder to discount combined shipping without a manual refund.

Though I had one TF seller refuse combined shipping, his reasoning being "I'm not that hard up to take a hit on these toys". But the fucker was hard up enough to not discount the $3 that shipping 2 toys together would save on. Lost my business.
>>
>>5526331
>>5526251
These. I've bought from eBay for years I should be around 200 score but I'm only 67. If you don't leave feedback for a seller they will email you can demand you leave feedback. But they never leave feedback for you.
>>
I never leave feedback for a buyer until they leave it for me.

Only after you leave feedback as a buyer do we actually know for sure you won't be scamming us.
>>
>>5526400
Are you me?

I'm sick of people buying at 1PM on Saturday and pitching a fit that they don't get a tracking number until Monday night. Jesus, they're as bad as the drunks who've known for decades that liquor stores are closed on Sunday and think their inability to plan is other somebody else's problem.
>>
>>5526587

That, or

>They win an auction on a Saturday night, or a Sunday
>Email you two hours later
>"Hey, have you shipped this out yet? Can you give me the tracking info?"
>>
>>5526584
>Only after you leave feedback as a buyer do we actually know for sure you won't be scamming us.

feedback means dick if they decide later on to file a claim or an "unauhorized" chargeback. Paypal gives buyers 180 days now.

Selling clothing is a huge gamble, because way too many buyers want refunds on it. They'll buy it, wear it to a party, then want a return a month later.
>>
>place order
>pay immediately
>parts come cracked and dirty
>have option for positive, neutral, or negative feedback
>give neutral feedback, mention parts were dirty and cracked
>seller gives me neutral feedback and bans me from their store

Ha ha okay
>>
>>5526242
As a buyer I never leave feedback. Mainly because I straight up forget.
>>
>>5526618
>seller gives me neutral feedback and bans me from their store

obvious shit story since sellers can only leave positive
>>
>>5526618
The only kind of feedback sellers can leave is positive, and it's been like this for almost a decade now.
>>
>>5526628
>>5526635
>only feedback sellers can leave is positive
Then what's the point?
>>
>>5526628
>>5526635
I'm not talking about whatever specific website you two seem to think I'm talking about.

I'm talking about Bricklink.
>>
I always leave feedback as a seller. Buyers who don't leave feedback drive me fucking insane
>>
>>5526242
You first, buyer
>>
>>5526715
>I'm talking about Bricklink.
...in an Ebay thread.
>>
>>5526772
This. Buyer should leave feedback first so the seller knows everything is ok.
>>
>>5527083
The OP doesn't specifically say Ebay. Ebay is just what most people ITT have experience with.
>>
I gotta say that I stopped buying items over eBay because of their lying global shipping policy, which gives international buyers no additional safety or advantage it just bumps up the price for shipping. In most cases the shipping cost exceeds the value of the bought item.
I say fuck eBay for their shady business.
>>
>>5527166
Global Shipping isn't intended to help international buyers. It's for domestic sellers. It creates a system of proof that the seller actually shipped it out. That way they aren't held responsible when some third world scumbag postal service "loses" it.
>>
>>5527086
Exactly how I see it. If I leave feedback and then the guy acts like a cock, then I can't do much in return.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.