[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.kickstarter.com/project s/1489380015/army-alphas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 5

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1489380015/army-alphas-6-1-12-scale-army-builder-action-figur

anyone else backing this one?
>>
>>5523436
Those aren't Figuarts thighs
>>
>>5523436
>can't just get two

fuuuuuuuuuuuuck
>>
That skele looks pretty nice.
>>
>>5523436
Fucking right I'll back this. 1:12 scale military? Didn't have the money when I was a kid for the Special Forces guys, these are right up my alley.

Sign me the fuck up.
>>
I don't do crowdfunding but if these ever come out and are actually good then I'd totally buy a couple.
>>
Might pick up some skellies to roll with my Mythic Legions ones.
>>
>>5523505
Speak of the fucking devil. Saw the entire mission 1 set on ebay for $99.

Snagged that :D
>>
>>5523436
Why is anyone interested in these garbage Kickstarter action figures? You know there are high quality figures by Sideshow, Hot Toys, and VTS/DAM? What kind of manchild cares about marvel legends style "1/12 scale" knockoff joes? PENIS!
>>
>>5523436
>1:12 scale green army man
>>
>>5523528
Dolls are for girls.
>>
>>5523565
What are you implying? I'm the only real collector on this board! I'm calling those shitty military figures 1/12 knockoff joes! I am well aware GOVERNMENT ISSUE JOE IS THE ORIGINAL ACTION FIGURE LINE 1/6 DOLLA FOR BOYS OLIOIOULUOLILUOUOULIUUUUU
>>
>>5523448

Pledge $25 twice.

1+ 1 = 2
>>
>armybuilder
>$25 each
>>
>>5523436
>Kickstarter
Not even once, sorry. I really don't trust the site.

I will say, looks much better than the last toy kickstarter, that PlayWithThisToo shit. And the Green Army Man is kind of cool, at least.
>>
>ucp soldier and white skeleton are stretch goals

They're kinda holding the better designs as hostages aren't they?

oh well. I don't collect 1/12 anyway.
>>
>>5523623
You can still get the bone skeleton regularly.

I'll keep an eye on this kickstarter and see how it goes. I'm very interested in the glow in the dark skeletons, but I only wish they had jaw articulation or an open mouth head, that would have sold me on them right away.
>>
File: ghostriderswimsuit.png (387KB, 500x367px) Image search: [Google]
ghostriderswimsuit.png
387KB, 500x367px
>>5523685

I hope the ball joint for the skeleton is the same as Ghost Rider... for reasons.
>>
>>5523537
I hope they add a Tan Army Man stretch goal.
>>
File: whatsthekiddoing.jpg (73KB, 600x396px) Image search: [Google]
whatsthekiddoing.jpg
73KB, 600x396px
>>5523528
>using 'penis' in all caps
>>
>>5523436
Hmm I kinda like the idea of these but I wish they approached the project as a GOON army builder instead of military/SWAT.

Eh if the Night Ops SWAT figs get unlocked I'll buy in for dozen I guess.
>>
>intended for adult collectors
>no females

they lost half their revenue just there
>>
>>5523750
we need a Blacled series after this. aint right to make an african american just a head add on
>>
File: 1447297038079.jpg (6KB, 250x244px) Image search: [Google]
1447297038079.jpg
6KB, 250x244px
>>5523769
>military
>females
>>
>>5523594
>2 Base Bodies
>Same price regardless of what accessories come with it, paint (or lack there of), or far less plastic used.
>>
>>5523599
How do you not "trust" the site?
>>
>>5523819

>military
>skeletons
>>
>>5523750
If they did mafia goons armed with switch knives and Chicago typewriters then i would be all over that.

Prohibition era goons vs glow in the dark skeletons.
>>
>>5523903
Because most of the Kickstarters I've seen never pan out, even when funded, or never go as well as they claim. I don't trust what anyone puts up there. Is that difficult to understand considering what people have done on Kickstarter before?
>>
How come 1:12 GI Joe's aren't a thing? I assume such a thing would print money for Hasblow, I mean I'd buy all of them.
>>
>>5524390
There's been rumors of a GI Joe Black Series for a few years, but nothing has been confirmed. They'd be stupid not to do it though, with the 50th anniversary line doing so poorly. Only a matter of time, I'd say.
>>
Can't decide if $75 would be worth getting two skelebros or three...
>>
>>5524021
>Prohibition era goons vs glow in the dark skeletons.
I'd pledge your kickstarter. If you know what I mean.
>>
>>5524406
>with the 50th anniversary line doing so poorly
Which happened because they were limited Tru exclusives in three-packs for $19.
>>
>>5524406
>They'd be stupid to do it though
ftfy

SW Black Series and Marvel Legends are purchased by adults and kids alike. GI Joe won't get kids at all. It's only delusional manchildren that think otherwise, because they can't even see past their own noses when it comes to real life.
>>
>>5524390
Nobody buys GI Joe, and presumably whoever's running the brand at Hasbro is too married to the 1980s style Joes versus Cobra story to feel comfortable rejiggering the line as a 1/12 realistic military line. Which would be amazing, and by definition you could still have good guys and bad. Less colorful, sure, but not totally without personality. Look at call of duty mega bloks, they're tons of fun.
>>
File: articulated icons - basic nijas.jpg (57KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
articulated icons - basic nijas.jpg
57KB, 640x640px
This thread just reminded me to check out the articulated icons kickstarter. Apparently they're tooling right now and have preorders open for figures. I dunno, though, the costs seem awfully high... 40 bucks just for one of these guys.
>>
>>5524347
>Is that difficult to understand considering what people have done on Kickstarter before?
Yes? Just because some kickstarters don't pan out doesn't mean the KS site is shady. So I don't understand the correlation.
>>
>>5524458

Don't forget $15 for shipping, takes them from considerable to "not a fuck chance" in my books.
>>
>>5524473
5 for US shipping, 10 for international. That's pretty good, actually.

What's not good is that 15 more will get you a deluxe ninja, with all the fixin's... and those only come in black and white. So a deluxe red ninja could be put together, but for 95 dollars. And these look neat, but they don't look over-25 dollars neat. I'd happily pay 55 bucks at a retailer for a three pack of black, white, and red with the accumulated deluxe pack accessories evenly divided between them, but the price they want just isn't commensurate with the product you get for it, it seems.
>>
>>5524347
I think you may just be hearing the horror stories, because people don't bitch about the stuff that actually gets done the right way. I've backed about 50 projects on and have only had 3 handled terribly, and only one not delivered. Sure there have been many projects that had delays, but that's to be expected from people who are learning the ropes and producing something for the first time.

Not trying to say you should use the site. It's definitely not for everyone. But it's certainly not shady or untrustworthy. You just have to use common sense when you're looking to invest in a project.
>>
They just put these up on BBTS for pre-order, but I'm not sure how that works out with the Kickstarter not being fully funded yet.
>>
>>5523599
>>5524347
...you seem to have no understanding of how Kickstarter works.

>>5523623
>They're kinda holding the better designs as hostages aren't they?
That's usually how it works. Start with the basic stuff while you put the good stuff higher to try and promote more people to spend money. In KS like these, there's a high chance all the stretch goals will be reached anyway so it's not too big an issue. It's especially nice the way this KS is set up because right from the start you can order any of the unlocked figures directly. Many times, a KS will have you buy a basic figure first, whether you want it or not, just to be able to buy the better stuff.

>>5523888
I agree, especially since the Skeletons actually have less parts.

I'll at the very least grab 3 or 4 skeletons. I'm not too sure if I really want the random soldiers though. But since the whole concept of the line was to be army builders, a lower price point would've been nice.
>>
>>5524629
>no understanding of how kick starter works
Lots of funded kick starters fail to follow through on their promises, although this is a lot more common for shit like videogames than it is for figures that already have prototypes.
>>
>>5523436
i'd like the all green one
>>
Not really, they look kind of shitty.
>>
>>5524555
BBTS would just cancel.
>>
>>5525393
I would think it's kinda silly to order these through BBTS when you could just order em through the KS itself and actually be linked in to it's progress while also having access to whatever KS exclusive promotions they offer.

With both the Mythic Legions and MTF Valkyries, Kickstarter backers had first dibs at extras items and pre-orders/purchases so if you really want these guys it's just smarter to back it directly.
>>
>>5524629
>...you seem to have no understanding of how Kickstarter works.
Are you just a fucking shill? I don't want to give my money to kickstarter because I don't like it and would rather wait for it to be funded and see the final product, rather than get fake promises and the end product being something different. I don't know how you see an issue in that, you want to throw money at something, fine. I don't like doing that.
>>
>>5528621
lol, keep your panties on dude, just pointing out your inaccurate distrust of the website.

Kickstarter itself is perfectly trust worthy and doesn't screw people over. It's the individual creators that drop the ball after things are funded. And while you may feel most Kickstarters "don't pan out" I've experienced the opposite and have had nothing but good experiences and great products from Kickstarters I've backed.

That said, if a creator seems untrustworthy or questionable I don't back them. Like the PWTT guys you mentioned, as the guys behind it were notable for being involved with drama and screw ups and also had a rather crappy product.

Now the guy behind this one is an unknown so I can see people being hesitant to back it. But he's farther along then a lot of previous KS, has a notable history in some toy communities and so far has had good communication. So I'm trusting him to deliver on these guys.

.....god damn, maybe I am a shill
>>
>>5524458
>$40 for basic ninjas

I'd rather get figma ninja slayer.
>>
>>5528637
At the risk of starting a board war, he's probably from /v/. Anyone from /v/ has a real and legitimate distrust of Kickstarter. There have been several incredibly highly publicized failures - after the funding was successful - from very famous people and companies, like Megaman's creator and Doublefine Studios.

Actual products from KS tend to work out well, though.
>>
>>5524442
>Which happened because they were limited Tru exclusives in three-packs for $19.
Plus $15 2-packs. All just fucking repaints. The only good thing was a cheaper way to get Alpine + Rock Viper if you missed them and a cheap Hit n Run after like 3 Club releases of him.
>>
>>5528637
Well then maybe I should have reworded it to say I just don't trust kickstarter projects in general, rather than the site itself, and would rather see final products before giving money.
>>
>>5523436
Fuck I want that green army man.
>>
>>5528644
No, I'm not from /v/, but seeing the progress of those failed Kickstarter games is why I don't like backing projects, and would rather pay for a final one.
>>
>>5528644
I've heard of that before. It's kind of crazy just how much difference it is between the two, it seems most successful game KS end up as fiasco's where as most successful toy KS produce some really nice products.

I've never backed any of the gaming ones, I've been tempted a few times. But with games, the fact that they don't have limited runs is more then enough reason for me to wait till they're fully finished. Toy KS usually seem to be more limited and often harder to obtain post launch so it's more reason to jump on board.

>>5528647
That's far more understandable, I was intensely hesitant to back the first toy KS I ever got involved in (the 4H Ravens). But after researching the people involved and seeing how hard it was to get their past works...and seeing the badass Eagle with the cape, I jumped on and have been nothing but satisfied ever since.

You're not wrong to be suspicious, so if these turn out well I hope they're not difficult to obtain.
>>
>>5528646
What?
The 50th didn't do poorly.
It did well enough that it got another wave.
It seems it didnt get another wave for this year because of the movie and that takes about a year to do.
>>
>>5523436
>generic soldiers
>generic skeletons
no thanks
>>
>>5529328
>missing the point of this line
>>
>>5525588
>so if you really want these guys it's just smarter to back it directly.

But you have to pay upfront through Kickstarter.

If you go through BBTS, you don't have to put up any money until they arrive plus you can cancel if you want to. It's got it's perks if you think about it.
>>
>>5529515
all things being equal, it's better to order from the kickstarter so you ensure it actually reaches its goal of being made.
Most people don't jump in until it reaches its goal, so by waiting and ordering from retail, you increase the chance of the project failing.
>>
>>5523528
wew lad, gg
>>
>>5529515

You can also do pile of loot to save on shipping if you plan on picking up a bunch, or already have quite a bit of items on pre-ordering.
>>
One fourth of the way there.
>>
>>5529232
The gaming one's fail because having the amount of money needed to make a game doesn't automatically mean that you'll be able to make a game. Making a toy is pretty straightforward.
>>
I want to believe

But more often than not when a cool toyline gets crowdfunded, the toys end up being shit

See: those werewolves, modibot, feudal ninja whatever
>>
>>5532531
It's just bad planning.
Toys are only easier to kickstart because there are fewer people involved and Chinese kids are plentiful.
>>
>>5532560
All I'm saying is that making games involves intangibles like creativity, talent, drive. Not trying to make an excuse for deadbeat kickstarter creators. Making toys requires less of that. With a few exceptions like designing the sculpt etc.
>>
>>5532575
Either way, it's still just bad planning on their part.
If they were better at it, maybe some wouldn't have even tried in the first place.
>>
>>5532543
I'd rather look at the Marauder Task Force figures, Gothtropolis Ravens, Mythic Legions, October Toys titan skeletons and of course the Mythic Legions themselves, all Kickstarted toys that turned out great.

Now I don't know what werewolves your talking about, the Modibot stuff looks fine if you like those kinds of figures, and if you're talking about the Articulated Icons ninjas...they're not out yet so we don't know how good they are at this point.

>>5532575
I would imagine making toys requires a lot of creativity, talent, and drive as well. Making games just requires more programming, which I can see being an issue. You can promise stuff all you want in a game, but if you can't program it right you'll never deliver.

That said, I find with toys, fans can point out what they like and don't like right from the design stages, and it's stuff that can still be fixed. It's harder to do that with a mid-development game because you can easily show off the good stuff while hiding the worst parts until it comes out.
>>
>>5532543
The Feudal Ninja ones haven't even been released yet.
>>
really disappointing the black ones say swat on the vest, I want generic guys
>>
>>5533870
you could just get some nail polish remover and wipe it off.
>>
>>5533701
So naturally, you know he's an idiot who makes things up as he goes.
>>
>>5524458
my friend pledged almost $1000 on them. looks like a huge waste of money
>>
>>5524458
bootlegs when?
>>
>>5532224
>it's better to order from the kickstarter so you ensure it actually reaches its goal of being made.

That's only good though if you have the money upfront.

I'd love to jump in on this but I personally don't have the cash right this minute so BBTS is the better option for me. Plus BBTS has to put in an order with them as well so whether I place an order on Kickstarter or BBTS does, they're still getting an order either way. BBTS just will likely place a huge order once they get a number down on how many to order. Look at it this way, if BBTS wasn't an option then I would likely just pass on them and they would my sales, period. Going through BBTS, at least they still get my business and make some money.

If it fails, it fails. Then it'll just show that the demand isn't really there.
>>
>>5524390
>How come 1:12 GI Joe's aren't a thing?

To put it plainly, it would be extremely difficult to do vehicles at that scale. One of the most important aspects of RAH was the vehicles. They were essential to the line. At 1:12, Hasbro could probably only do figures and to most Joe fans that wouldn't be enough.

And before anyone says it, comparing Star Wars to GI Joe is ludicrous. It's like comparing a paring knife to a machete. SW has that huge TIE Fighter but it's not selling that well. Even the smaller vehicle and sets like the Speed Bike were clearanced out at stores nationwide due to poor sales despite being a great release.

Personally, I'd love to see 1:12 Joes but in reality it would most likely tank and would be the final nail in the coffin for GIJoe.
>>
>>5534568
>the final nail in the coffin for GIJoe
Man, I don't know if you know this, but that line's been six feet under for the past few years. Nails are basically moot at this point.
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.