[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Third Party TF General: STFU chip edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 51

File: BC sunsurge.jpg (95KB, 580x793px) Image search: [Google]
BC sunsurge.jpg
95KB, 580x793px
Old thread >>>>5366041
>>
3rd Party Skullgrin when?
>>
>>5395689
When Play With This Too finally gets funded
(aka never ever)
>>
I wonder if PE will make a second kit for Bruticus.

I know they didn't for Defensor, and I don't own any protectobots so I don't know if he had problems a second kit would have fixed (calling the black hands and feet his first).

don't have Onslaught yet but got the others. Blastoff and Vortex are terrible and beyond help, short of a new head for Blastoff, and Swindle's fine as is. Brawl could really use some help, a filler of some sort.
>>
>>5396330
My dream kit for that would be new guns for Onslaught, a replacement shell and head for Blastoff, maybe something to fix Brawl's spinabifida for $30.
I don't think Vortex really needs much help.
>>
File: 2016-01-09 14.04.22.jpg (647KB, 1022x1046px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-09 14.04.22.jpg
647KB, 1022x1046px
>>5396335
>a replacement shell and head for Blastoff

A new head sure, but what do you mean by "shell"? Blastoff on his own is just reminding me why I skipped on the arielbots, can't figure what could help him

>>5396335
>maybe something to fix Brawl's spinabifida

Some kind of waistfiller would be a great idea, but hard to imagine if it could be incorporated into the other modes in any way

>I don't think Vortex really needs much help

I really must disagree, but I'm at a loss as to how to fix him.
>>
>people defending Hasshit Springer over the metal beast that is Warbot Defender

I want /poorfag/ to stay in their containment thread. Good fucking god Hiro can't give us /col/ soon enough.
>>
>>5396330
They probably will. New head for Blast-Off, bigger cannons for Onslaught, possibly an arm cannon for Swindle, Vortex somehow getting the extra two arm blades, also new crotch plate to allow for more posing, since the stock one is awful.
>>
>>5397857
>>5396368
Why not wait for Takara first?
>>
>>5397877
Some of us are fine or prefer with Jet Blast-Off and 2 blade Vortex, and I don't think Takara is going to give Bruticus giant cannons, or tweak his crotchplate to make it articulated.
>>
>>5397835
>Good fucking god Hiro can't give us /col/ soon enough.
>expecting it when he's too lazy to kill /pol/
>>
File: 1442273692962.png (27KB, 527x409px) Image search: [Google]
1442273692962.png
27KB, 527x409px
>>5397835
Is this bait?

This is bait right?
>>
>>5396368
>I really must disagree, but I'm at a loss as to how to fix him.

New tailpiece, new blades, different nose, maybe arms with gattling guns instead of missiles. Done.
>>
>>5397835
Hastak Springer is god tier.
>>
>>5396368

You can get him to hold Shockwave with PE fists, you know.

See

>>5397989
>>
File: Beelzeboss.jpg (40KB, 640x537px) Image search: [Google]
Beelzeboss.jpg
40KB, 640x537px
Hey Third Party TF General,

I am normally a collector of Grimlock and Optimus Prime figures, I was wondering if pic related looked worth it to you for the Voyager Combiner Wars Optimus Prime?

I haven't had experience with add-ons besides the Zenith Forge 02 add-on for Beast Hunters Optimus Prime.

Also I don't own the Prime Voyager figure for CW, but was planning on getting him.
>>
just bought g2 combiner wars superion... did I make a mistake?
>>
>>5398664
It definitely looks better than the other one.

That being said, I'd say there's a big chance this upgrade will never be released.
>>
>>5398738
Why would you say that?
>>
>>5398766
Beelzebub has a history of never releasing projects without announcing they've been cancelled

and it's been months since any kind of update on this particular project.
>>
>>5398709

Not unless you either hate jets, or hate the G2 color scheme. The Silverbolt body is great in terms of combiner stability and nice, solid joints.
>>
>>5398709
>>5398784
if you were looking to get 3p parts for Superion then yeah, you made a mistake

since, you know, this is the third party thread

pretty sure PE's not going to release parts in G2 colors
>>
>>5398796

G2 Superion has blue fists/feet at the very least. They have an Optimus set from PE.
>>
>>5398776
I had no idea about that. I hope that isn't the case here, then.

It looks so nice and much better than those decal add-ons for the figure.
>>
So where do you guys see Third Party TF in two or three years? Could they become big enough to start to hurt Hasbros pocket or could the bubble burst?
>>
>>5398875
considering HasTak's overall decline in quality since the start of CW, I have the impression more 3P sales will happen.

But the casual consumer sales of HasTak will continue unhindered.
>>
>>5398875
With the beginning of the Age of Extinction line, onward (with a few exceptions since I really liked Windblade and Arcee), the quality has significantly declined.

I think it'll hurt them in the long run, but it'll take a while for them to get their if they continue this route.

If they decide to improve the engineering of the toys, such as going back to some decent quality and not simplifying the transformations the way they did, then I can see it not being so bad.
>>
Anyone know where I can still get the Zenith Forge Crestaceous Add-On Kit for the FoC Voyager Grimlock?
>>
>>5399025
So what line is considered the quality and engineering "peak" of transformers toys as of now?

I remember the Armada line was pretty bad overall.
>>
>>5399068
I thought that Optimus Prime before being upgraded to any other variant he had available, was actually a decent toy from Armada, but was literally still bad compared to previous incarnations produced by Hasbro.

I felt like the RotF, DoTM, Prime and Beast Hunters(All their Voyagers were fucking improvements with the exception of Megatron with shark bits who was still a head shorter than everyone else) lines had some top tier engineering and all looked pretty nice and were pretty fun to play with.
>>
>>5399068
Hunt for the Decepticons and Reveal the Shield (the 2010/2011) lines are considered the gold standard.
>>
>>5398664
I really hope this releases I really want if. Especially if it retains combined mode
>>
>>5399055
Anyone?

I know I'm like over a year late to that ship, but still.
>>
>>5399025
The decline started with DOTM.
>>
>>5399068
ROTF/HFTD/RTS/United/MP-10 to 21
>>
>>5399418
>Decline started with DoTM

Now that I think about it, the lack of a decent Leader Class really did show how unprepared Hasbro was for it.

Shockwave deserved a leader class and Soundwave deserved some form of love.
>>
How does 3p general feel about things that aren't based on Transformers such as that fans project prehistoric combiner? Do you guys usually buy stuff that you have no fandom attachment to?
>>
>>5399587
Not really.

Novel concepts but seeing them get video reviewed is usually good enough for me. Without interaction with the characters I enjoy, there's just no interest.
>>
>>5399587
I'd buy the glacialbots in a heartbeat, but I usually don't have 3rd party money and right now I'm piecing together Fansproject M3.
>>
>>5399587
I would've bought Glacialbots if they had modern articulation.

Sometimes disconnect from Transformers I'm familiar with actually increases appeal of certain toys for me. Take Fansproject Dino King/Monstructor. It's not what I want Monstructor to look like, but I know jack about Dino King and it's tempting me to buy the set to be displayed as a random super robot.
>>
>>5399587
The Glacialbots were interesting but they were only sold at conventions and FPcore as far as I know so I just ruled them flat out. International shipping from there was just too expensive.
>>
>>5399587
No interest from me.
>>
>>5399587

I just buy cool shit. The glacial bots were novel because of the G1 style but not something I would pick up. If the designs were from FP's peak I would have bought it. I bought Steelcore and the Roadbuster twins though.
>>
>>5399587
It depends on what it is. I don't mind original stuff at all, but it better be pretty adventurous. I'd love to see a 3rd party take on a female combiner team, it would be fun to see the engineering behind making a gestalt with that sort of wide hipped and generally curvacious body type.
>>
So if Hasbro were to enforce their copyrights, would that kill Third Party completely?
>>
>magnus is favorite TF
>order IF City Commander
>wait for him for what feels like ages
>finally arrives
>be excited as fuck
>open him
>wheels are sculpted on and don't roll

Why

WHY do 3Ps feel the need to pinch pennies on a fifty dollar Legends-sized figure?

This is not an acceptable Transforming toy. I'd straight up send it back if I bought it from a retailer.
>>
>>5399672
Giving them modern articulation would have ruined the theme of the set. Though they aren't quite bricks either.

>>5399688
BBTS has the whole set. Reputable Chinese etailers also carried them in the past. Got mine from chimungmung.
>>
File: ....gif (1MB, 268x130px) Image search: [Google]
....gif
1MB, 268x130px
>>5400058
>not checking reviews first
>>
>>5400142
How many toys haven't had wheels in the last decade?
>>
>>5400058
>being upset over something that insignificant
>>
>>5400024
You read the MP speculation thread from TFW2005 didn't you?

Don't worry, TB77 is just an attention whore trying to look like he has inside informations.

Nothing will happen.
>>
>>5400024
Third parties don't use copyrighted names or logos. I'm not sure if or how many likenesses Hasbro has trademarked.
Even if they wanted to crack down, what are they going to do? Send their lawyers to China to shutdown the workshop just for the company to open under a different name?
>>
>>5400244

Designs are copyrighted too. Basically anything you make is automatically copyrighted on release, and it's more enforceable if you're regularly using it. Especially when it can create confusion in a market, like making a toy of the same character.
>>
>>5400233
>wheels
>on a truck
>insignificant
>>
>>5400233
>being upset about something as insignificant as elbows on a combiner's parts
>>
>>5400272
>Basically anything you make is automatically copyrighted on release

but unless you have some proof of that copyright, fat chance you'll win in court. Having a filed copyright/trademark/patent is better than relying on a creation date.
>>
>>5400285
proof of publication is proof of copyright. Copyright is granted automatically upon publication. A filed copyright notice IS better, but as long as you can prove you published your work before the creation of the infringing work you're fine.

Courts also look at whether something is deliberate infringement or accidental to determine damages. In this case, a transforming robot that deliberately pulls from a published design and calls itself "Space Shriek" or something would likely be found to be infringing due to a deliberate attempt at creating confusion.

I work in design so we do a lot with copyright. It's really only a matter of Hasbro being unwilling to enforce their rights, probably due to expense.

I'm not 100% clear on what constitutes an abandonment of copyright, though, which is what you run the risk of if you don't enforce your copyright. Whether or not HasTak runs into problems with that at some point due to their approach to 3P has yet to be seen.
>>
I've been looking around, and it seems that most third parties are only doing adaptations of G1 characters.
Are there actually any third parties that have done adaptations of characters that weren't from G1?
I'd really like some new stuff from BW and the Unicron Trilogy.
>>
>>5400312
One company did some Animated guys, but other than that nobody really fucks with anything else. Some Go-Bots happen here and there.

Hasbro's been doing UT and BW stuff, but most Third Parties really focus on the G1 market.
>>
>>5400305
>I work in design so we do a lot with copyright. It's really only a matter of Hasbro being unwilling to enforce their rights, probably due to expense.
And the fact that its a different court battle for EVERY design. That would really add up as far as money goes.
>>
>>5400319
You can sue companies for multiple cases of infringement though.

And generally, if its a small company, the threat of legal action is enough to get them to stop, since going to court at all would bankrupt just about any 3P, even if they were found to be not infringing.
>>
>>5400318
I understand why. But sometimes a break from G1 would be nice. Armada is filled with good concepts that were butchered because "muh gimmicks". Most of the range could go for some modernization. Tell me you wouldn't buy a combining armada Prime with decent articulation, or a Sideswipe who actually looks good.
>>
>>5400338
Or a Scavenger that actually has legs.
His toy was absolute shit, while the design he had in the show was pure awesomeness.
Speaking of which, I'm actually pretty surprised that Fansproject Assaulter isn't getting a Tidal Wave retool.
>>
>>5400312
>Are there actually any third parties that have done adaptations of characters that weren't from G1?
No. As a rule, companies like to make products that sell.
>>
>>5400334
just in this case, Hasbro isn't willing. It's not really hurting their own sales, because for every collector who buys a 3P figure, many of them go buy the official version later on anyway. The parents and kids don't know about 3P stuff.

3P stuff that relies on a retail Hasbro product might even encourage sales, because the fans that don't like the stock Hasbro version know they might be able to get a 3P add-on that changes it to their liking, without the need for 10+ years of sculpting and painting skills to do it. Dr Wu's $80 G1 Mixmaster is meant to go with CW Devastator, no one's going to be buying that otherwise. Those add-on parts kits are useless without the official toy.

I suppose they could threaten to not do business with any online shop that stocks 3P, much the way Nintendo did with stores that carried unlicensed NES games, but they choose not to. The closest we have seen to any "official" word is Aaron Archer's crying over it only to flip-flop and do his own 3P attempt, and the Club people trying to "ban" 3P from Botcon, which made them look like horses asses.
>>
>>5400360
You could fill an entire thread with potential 3rd party Armada toys.
>an Overload with actual articulation
>posable minicons
>a less pudgy Jetfire
>a good Hot Shot figure with jaAm accessory
>a remold of Starscream into Ramjet, complete with tentacles and an articulated jaw
>a star saber that looks like it could cut
>>
>>5400374
>The parents and kids don't know about 3P stuff.

and even if they did, they're not going to pay $100 for a toy for little Johnny when a $15 version of the same thing is at Target.
>>
>>5400367
Guess KFC Haiku and Hasbro's Armada Starscream didn't sell that well then.
>>
>>5400058
>expecting wheels on a toy that's smaller than your hand

are you literally retarded?
>>
>>5400388
Well, Haiku probably didnt sell because it was a sucky redesign of Sky Byte, also it's made by KFC.

I thought people liked the new Armada Starscream? seems to have sold well, there's like three repaints coming out for it
>>
>>5400442
I thought IF City Commander was closer to scout-deluxe size?

still, there have been smaller toys with working wheels, fucking WST Prime has working wheels, also Micromasters
>>
>>5400442
Hasbro's own Legends class toys have done it for years. Wait, I take that back- G1 Micromasters, Minibots and Minispies did it in the 80s.
>>
>>5400442
In a world where Micromasters exist you have argument for "the toy is too small for wheels."

What's even more funny is that there are actually 4 working wheels in the middle of the vehicle mode on the cab. It's just that the rest of the wheels are all sculpted on and keep the 4 working ones from touching the ground.

If the front wheels of the cab and the back wheels of the trailer worked and kept the rest of the altmode off the ground so it could roll, I wouldn't complain. But as it stands they just didn't make an effort.
>>
>>5400496
Well Armada Starscream might have sold pretty well, Takara is doing Armada Thrust for UW after all so it might be catching on now.
>>
>the third late subscription gift from FPcore is a stickerbook without stickers

Yeah ok FPC can really fuck off with their subscription shit.

>>5400272

It's harder to enforce on toys if the engineering is 100% original. its very difficult to prove likeness in China's black hole of copyright laws. Trademarks are another story. Hasbro can't copyright the concept of a robot that turns into a plane and a tank so long as he's named 3rd Reich and not Blitzwing.

What they could do is go after disturbers and outlets and pull business if they sell other transforming robot toys. They do this with KOs which is why you don't see the big names carrying them.
>>
>>5400851
I honestly look for FP to fold in the future. Shame since they used to be gold standard of 3P.
>>
>>5400388
I'm sure they sold really well. That's why Hasbro have got so many more Armada homages coming up. Why, there's... uh...

... there was a character called Soundwave in the Armadaverse, right? That makes Titan Soundwave almost an Armada homage.
>>
>>5400945
Yeah, they were the best when they were the only 3P company.
>>
>>5400945

If speculation is true that Fansproject and Maketoys are one in the same, then FP should dissolve itself into MT (which actually has a good reputation) and auction off unwanted leftover designs to other 3Ps.
>>
>>5400377
I want a WFC demolishor
>>
File: DX9-X14-Leah-HQ-04.jpg (33KB, 636x960px) Image search: [Google]
DX9-X14-Leah-HQ-04.jpg
33KB, 636x960px
How much longer do I have to wait for this
>>
>>5401267
Why are you waiting for that?
>>
>>5400516
Micromasters are also garbage in terms of sculpt and transformation. IF Magnus looks like a goddamn Magnus, damn be the wheels.
>>
>>5401267
Please tell me that that's MP scale.

Otherwise I don't really see the point, and I'm a pretty big Arcee fan.
>>
>>5401389

Legends scale along with Iron Factory's.
>>
>>5401359
he wants to spend the cost of an LG-10 on something half the size, I guess. Seriously, LG-10 Arcees are easy to get ahold of for $30-$35, the supply kind of caught up. This one will be about the same cost so what's the point? It can't even be aesthetics, that has as much of a backpack.
>>
File: reduced-image_11346_106.jpg (84KB, 640x914px) Image search: [Google]
reduced-image_11346_106.jpg
84KB, 640x914px
This guy's up for preorder now.
120 for the regular version
140 for the DX version (crown and throne)
>>
>>5401583
>>5401389
>not liking Legends

shaking my head family

although
>>5401267
>fake wheels
>>
>>5401583
>LG-10
Hasbro deco is better
>>
>>5401780
not for people who want show accuracy
>>
>>5401267

First they gotta get the Hulkie set to be released, then they got the Mightron for he war in pocket coming then her.

Especially when they also do the Masterpiece figures and have that beefy Blitzwing coming.
>>
File: reduced-image_11348_106.jpg (42KB, 640x425px) Image search: [Google]
reduced-image_11348_106.jpg
42KB, 640x425px
Just found out about this. Apparently that tiny-looking bot is the size of a Combiner Wars figure? I kind of really into the idea of a giant robot-pterosaur toy with a bonus dinosaur combiner bot inside.
>>
>>5401819
Fansproject is doing Pretenders?
>>
>>5401834
Some obscure Japanese dinosaur combiner that was also a group of pretenders, supposedly.

I love dinosaurs, combiners and pretenders so I'm pretty sure I won't be able to resist any of these.
>>
>>5401841
That same group was also Monstructor
>>
>>5401841
>supposedly

why did you say supposedly?
>>
>>5401771

I really like the look of the Fansproject Dinobots. The colors look really nice. Anyone have them?
>>
>>5402061
I've got all three that are out so far. They're pretty nice but not without their flaws.

Sludge is solid overall but compared feels a little under engineered compared to Snarl.

Slag looks fantastic in both modes and the leg transformation is a brilliant idea but his transformation (mostly from bot back to dino) is clunky as fuck and has some problems with clearance. It's just not fun dealing with panels knocking into each other constantly. He also doesn't really have much for weapon storage in dino mode. His guns store just fine but I wish there was somewhere for his sword to go.

Swoop is cool but a little weak in dino mode, then again, we have yet to see too many people pulling off good avian transformations that don't make the alt mode look a little awkward.

Their weapon guys are neat with how articulated they are but a little forgettable. Swoop's is probably the best though because he doesn't end up with a giant handle just awkwardly hanging off of his back, sticking out several inches behind him, like the other two do, though it seems with their Grimlock's weapon guy, they finally figured that out so the rest of the team shouldn't have that problem.

All in all, if you like the designs, I'd say they're worth picking up. They aren't perfect but they're really cool.
>>
>>5402234
>compared to Snarl.
I mean Slag. I always confuse the two for some reason.
>>
>>5401819
>3P Dinoforce
So much for that paycheck
>>
>>5401895
to act like a snob.
>>
>>5398738
>>5398776

They had better. I already preordered the fucking thing.

...That'll teach me to Google first about a company.

>>5398875
>could the bubble burst?

It's looking pretty saturated to me already.
>>
>>5398875
>hurt Hasbros pocket

they'd have to be around Hasbro retail to do that. $100 deluxes won't dent them. $30 MP KOs are probably a bigger "threat" to them, really.
>>
>>5401780
if you like shit

>>5401775
not when they cost as much as deluxes, no.
>>
>>5401819

When the shells are like $90 and cost more than the actual transforming robot you might want to reconsider.
>>
File: 1451918081850.jpg (18KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
1451918081850.jpg
18KB, 360x240px
>>5401771
Dino mode I could maybe forgive but that awful bot mode head sculpt....
>>
>>5398875
I think 3rd parties will never die but there will be a decline sometime in the future. Right now we're in that awkward but exciting time at the start of an industry where everyone wants their piece and starts planning more and more obscure stuff, which Transformers has a lot of, so the 3rd parties' downturn has a way to go until it hits. I think even when the bubble bursts, there will be a few major players sticking around and as a whole the 3rd party scene will be much more focused.
>>
>>5402447
I like the angry face but the rounded helmet is completely wrong, especially the horns

I would have loved to buy an anime-style Grimlock from FP, but I dont know if i like what they went with. I might just stick to PX Vulcan
>>
>>5395663
Planet X said that if they got more than 1000 likes on this Facebook post, they'll consider doing WFC Trypticon. and the post got 1000 likes!

its facebook post number 941252035941946
4chan wont let me post the link
>>
>>5395663
looking at MMC Nova Prime's comic
is that Jhiaxus?
>>
>>5402508

It's Psyaxus. But yes, it's basically not IDW Jihaxus.
>>
>>5402453
Trypticon wars now? Hasbro is making one and I could see Maketoys doing one as well.
>>
>>5402236
>>5402234

Sounds cool. I actually really liked the looks of Swoop's pteranodon mode from the pictures, since most other companies end up looking like a flying brick, which yeah is accurate I guess for G1, but these are more CHUG-ish updated looking Dinobots, which drew me to them as my collection is mostly CHUG (and I own the original Dinobot's from childhood already, so I don't need a "fancier" set of them in pure G1 aesthetics).

I'll hopefully pick them up by next month. Any notable flaws with them other than what you mentioned?
>>
Iron factory armored tactical staff is in stock at the chosen prime.
>>
>>5402827
I guess they have some tight peg/hole connections that can be a bit tricky, like with the weapon ports but that's about it. Like I said, just be careful with transforming Slag because his panels like to collide with shit and he's got some chrome on him. I've yet to see any issues on mine with the paint chipping and I've had him since he came out and still play with/transform him from time to time but do be careful with that.
>>
IF Smokey looks gooooood~
>>
>>5403404
Man he looks great, I wish they were selling these guys individually.
Do you have pics of Prowl by chance?
>>
>>5403413
Hell yeah friendo.
>>
>>5403413
>I wish the company would go bankrupt

nope
>>
>>5403441
He's looking so good, damn.

>>5403453
They won't from what I hear, all their releases sell well.
>>
>>5403458
the packs pretty much garuantee sales as there is a character someone wants that they gift to someone else
>>
>>5403404
>>5403441
Fake wheels?
>>
>>5403480
Speaking of, I'd love to buy one off someone if they don't want the whole set. Doesn't matter which one, email me and we can talk prices.
>>
>>5402410
Whoa so the robots not included
>>
>>5403485
I actually dunno, here they look free from the joint connecting them to the shin like in Trash-Talks transformation
>>
>>5403563
Wouldn't it be great if they're glued onto square pegs.
>>
>>5403561
noooope.
>>
Where can I get this, and does it come in Sideways colors?
>>5402229
>>
>>5403569
preorder canceled
>>
>>5403568
Honestly not even bothered, got them for £42 which is roughly three legion class CW dudes if you buy them somewhere expensive.

Magnus' fake wheels never really bothered me cause I never expected them to roll but if these guys do it's all the sweeter.
>>
>>5403579
I do hope they roll honestly. I know thats like a little kid thing but its still fun.
>>
>>5399587
I think it's really cool. The trouble is that there is so much shit that I want that does have characters I have attachment to that I never have the cash for it.
>>
>>5403585
Definitely. Getting the Iron Factory guys is one of the best decisions I've made.
>>
>>5403404

>the shoulder armor partsforming
Whyyyy it was near perfect goddamn
>>
>>5403664
Shoulder armor and rockets are "options" from what we've seen of the protos; you can transform them with or without the parts for the classic "wings"
>>
>>5403579
>>5403616
>>5403563

Why can Hasbro engineer every single size class they make to have rolling wheels on a budget of pennies, but third parties can't do it on an unlimited budget? Is IF genuinely incompetent or are they just a scam?

Not having working wheels on a car is exactly the same as not having elbows on a robot mode. It's not acceptable when Hasbro does it, and its not acceptable when a 3P does.
>>
>>5404009
Then just don't buy it.
>>
>>5404009
It's hard to tell from the pics, do we know for sure the wheels don't roll?
>>
>>5404013
Believe me, I won't. But that doesn't mean I won't be sure to let them know why I won't.
>>
>>5403579
Where can I buy this little Prowl?
>>
>>5404020
Why do you need them to roll? I can't even imagine caring that much about rolling or not rolling wheels.
>>
>>5404039

Because, I'd assume, if you're paying a premium for what is supposed to be a high quality figure, something as basic as wheels that roll should be an automatic inclusion.
>>
>>5404039
Because its been a standard for so long it's expected, especially on more expensive (supposed to be better) third party stuff.
I seriously can't believe so many of you find that strange.
>>
>>5404045
>>5404050
I think he means why do you care about rolling wheels from a functional perspective. As in, is rolling a toy along a table or floor really important?

Or is just premium for the sake of premium? I paid a lot of money so I want a bunch of moving parts regardless of if I'll ever use them.

Hey, if you care about wheels (or don't), that's cool. We all have our preferences.
>>
>>5404039
Why would you want elbow articulation?

It's a Transformer. It's supposed to be an action figure that becomes a toy vehicle. These IF guys only fulfill half of that.

For the price they charge they have no excuse to not at least have clip-on wheels.
>>
>>5404057
>As in, is rolling a toy along a table or floor really important?

Yes, because if it's supposed to be a toy car, it should roll. Thats all, really.
>>
>>5404057
>Or is just premium for the sake of premium? I paid a lot of money so I want a bunch of moving parts regardless of if I'll ever use them.
This. That's pretty much my reason. My actually being able to roll it around it just a bonus (that I happen to enjoy, I'll admit it).
>>
>>5404057
>is rolling a toy along a table or floor really important?

Considering that that's the entire point of a toy, yeah, I'd say it is.

The IF third party guys don't make toys. They just make glorified statueshit that's meant for a shelf.
>>
>>5404072
>The IF third party guys don't make toys. They just make glorified statueshit that's meant for a shelf.
Come to think of it...do any of their figures have functional rolling wheels? City Commander doesn't count since he can't use half his.
>>
File: 1409848819548.jpg (46KB, 258x397px) Image search: [Google]
1409848819548.jpg
46KB, 258x397px
>>5404009
>unlimited budget
>>
>>5404009

uh... this new security team 3-pack has all 4 wheels rolling.
>>
>>5404091
You know goddamn well what he meant. Adding rolling wheels wouldn't exactly bankrupt IF anyway, they're just being lazy at this point.
>>
>>5404093
Proof?
>>
I think it's funny how the $10 Hasbro Legends Megatron is able to have tiny wheels beneath its treads so it can still roll, but a $50 Legends scaled 3rd Party Car has to have glued wheels.

>>5404091
>hurr durr we're willing to pay for quality!
>>
>>5404072
>giving a shit about rolling wheels on a toy you know you're gonna display in robot mode like everyone else
4/10 made me reply
>>
>>5404093
Considering IF has never had working wheels, I'm gonna need proof. The pics seem to pretty clearly show that they can't.
>>
>>5404106
>not being able to understand the point
>defending non-rolling wheels on a $50 Legends 3rd party set
>>
>>5404106
Did you know that there are people who actually transform their Transformers? I know, crazy, right?

I don't know why you shelffags don't just buy statues and leave it at that. Then you never have to worry about engineering compromising the designs!
>>
>>5404117
>shelffags
I'm certain this is bait at this point.
>>
>>5404117
I transform my transformers constantly and frequently display them in alt mode. I just don't care if their little wheels can roll.City Commander looks just fine, rolling wheels or no.
>>
>>5404124
Can you not possibly believe someone might want rolling wheels on their supposedly better third party figures?
>>
Ugh this guy again?

Setiously, hasfag GTFO. You have your own thread to shit up.
>>
>>5404100
>>5404109

https://youtu.be/9G3cKcNvLjc?t=14m58s

You can see them move when he's fondling the not-Smokescreen, He doesn't roll them on the table though. Kumastyle's review video mentions it too but doesn't show it for some reason.

They're wheels like the front wheels of Generations deluxe Trailbreaker/Hoist: half solid, half rolling.
>>
>>5404124
>shelffags
Do you keep your stuff in a toy box still?
>>
>>5404193
If you buy toys just to sit them on a shelf and never touch them, then you are a shelffag.
>>
>>5404151
>only hasfags would ever dare question the 3P gods

the delusion is real. You're acting like a Sonypony at this point.

>>5404165
Well, that's a good sign, but
>They're wheels like the front wheels of Generations deluxe Trailbreaker/Hoist

I'm not sure they could have done it in a worse way.
>>
>>5404165
To skip ahead go to about 4 minutes in, he shows how the wheels work.
>>
>>5404165
>>5404227
>I'm not sure they could have done it in a worse way.

I actually really like those on some of the maketoys/fansproject stuff I've bought. Back on the hype train.
>>
>>5404236
Those weird half-wheels? Why?
>>
>>5404250
It looks cool in robot mode, basically. They still roll fine, look the same from the outside, and allow half the "wheel" to be set much further into the shoulder or whatever body part than normal. You can do the same thing with a normal wheel like on generations springer, but It's particularly good on smaller stuff where you have less space and partscount to work with.
>>
File: 6072eb253e.jpg (203KB, 885x1024px) Image search: [Google]
6072eb253e.jpg
203KB, 885x1024px
http://www.tf-direct.com/ko-mt-city-bot-series-mcb-02-utopia_p1218.html

Anyone considering the KO Utopia? I like Utopia, just not for the original price. Kind of tempted, but eh...I dunno.
>>
>>5404263
>They still roll fine

Gonna have to call bullshit on that one. Those wheels barely roll at all.

Since their whole thing is looking like the whole wheel is one piece, they can't allow for much clearance between the wheel that touches the surface and the "wheel", so any tiny amount of give from the outer wheel or imperfections on the surface will cause it to bottom out, which can scrape the inner "wheel" against the surface.

Also, since they're so much thinner than a regular wheel, they don't allow for much of the wheel's surface area to actually touch the surface it's supposed to be rolling on. The wheels generally have a really hard time actually getting any friction against the surface they roll on, which means they'll generally not actually roll- you're just sliding them.

They're bad, bad, bad. Fake cockpit chests have nothing on fake wheels; they're easily the worst type of false parts. It's just lazy engineering.
>>
>>5403579
>£42 which is roughly three legion class CW dudes

Legion guys are $10, so that means you got them for around $30? Where'd you find them for that price? They're well worth that.
>>
>>5404277
With the current exchange rate and the cost of shipping it by itself it doesn't come out much cheaper for me than what the original would have at release. I'd be sorta interested otherwise but as is it's off the table.
>>
File: 005X6ljxjw1eo301xia8jj318g18gqdj.jpg (191KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
005X6ljxjw1eo301xia8jj318g18gqdj.jpg
191KB, 1024x1024px
>>5401583
Will LG12 reach LG10 prices?

It's just you and me for now, little miko.
>>
>>5404277
Hell no, the new Metroplex works just as well.
>>
>>5404277
For something that huge, I'd really have to know going in that the quality was near-perfect. He's not really the sort of toy that could handle shitty joints or cheap plastic and still hold together.

Although, I generally avoid KOs all the same. They tend to not be cheaper enough to outweigh the potential downsides. Plus, even if they are IP thieves, I like to support the people who make this stuff, if only to try to vote with my dollar to encourage certain things to be made.
>>
>>5404289
What examples have you seen them on before? I own maketoy's swerve and FP car crash and as far as I can tell it's actually the same shoulder assembly for both of them. They both roll fine, especially considering they're pretty light.
>>
>>5404308

I really want her, but $22 for something so tiny...
>>
>>5403616
Kemme guess, this little bastard costs 80 dollars. Right?
>>
>>5404678

It's a 3 pack of the bros.
>>
File: pb.jpg (121KB, 1024x799px) Image search: [Google]
pb.jpg
121KB, 1024x799px
ey
>>
>>5400305
Copyright is not lost because you don't enforce it. That only applies to Trademarks.

The only way that copyright is actually lost and items become public domain is after a legislated time period has occurred. And thanks to Disney, that time period keeps on getting longer.
>>
>>5404102
Its strange how you fail to understand economies of scale. Hasbro/Takara can spread the costs across so many more units.
>>
>>5404889
A 3rd party that can't spread the cost of rolling wheels across the few units they sell shouldn't be in business in the first place.
It doesn't really matter at this point anyway though since it's been proven these guys do have functional wheels.
>>
>>5404874
fuck man, if i thought Sureshot was cool i'd eat this up like candy. looks great.

aw man, Maketoys is doing Dreadwing and Darkwind right? if this is how they'll look i might as well open up my anus right now
>>
>>5404889
A Third Party toy also isn't tied to single pricepoint by retailers. When you can charge whatever you want, cutting out key features to pinch pennies is nothing but pure incompetence.
>>
>>5404906
For a second I thought you were referring to G2 Smokescreen and Dreadwind and I felt my wallet vibrate.
>>
>>5404915
aw duude, dont even joke about that, i'd both of those teams!

the G2 guys have good toys already, but more articulation and better sculpting never hurt anyone!
I'd love it if Dreadwing was even bigger than Smokescreen than he already is
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>5404874
Hey, that's pretty good.
>>
>>5404923
That's why I'd want MT to do the job. I always liked their more stylized takes on characters, so it would be interesting to see how they'd alter the design of the two. I might have to start a G2 redux collection.
>>
>>5404931
>altered designs

so you want something that maybe looks 10% like the originals? REEDUN is lame, just make a new character, don't say it's the old character when it looks almost nothing like it.
>>
>>5404946
Maketoys is weird, sometimes the characters look right (Utopia) but other times they're completely differen (Protectobots)

their aesthetic is to die for though
>>
>>5404946
I think it depends honestly. Like with the G1 bots, you do want a figure that is similar but with more articulation, since the vast majority of them are bricks. But in the case of the G2 duo, they already have toys with near modern articulation to them, and they never had a cartoon appearance in their classic colors, so making a figure that looks the same but with thigh swivels would be silly.
>>
I can't believe you fuckos are this mad over rolling fucking wheels.
Are you all 12?
>>
File: Severo-1.jpg (121KB, 1400x996px) Image search: [Google]
Severo-1.jpg
121KB, 1400x996px
Just pre-ordered this guy. I think I'll eventually get the rest of the Lost Exo Realm guys as my CHUG dinobots.
>>
>>5404310

Dude. Are you on crack. It's no comparison.

Utopia is so much better it's riduculous.
>>
>>5405088
some people just want a bigger metroplex.

I'd love to have Utopia though, cause Metroplex is supposed to be smaller than Fort Max
>>
File: 006acUHogw1ezzbqmx4nnj32e036o7wi.jpg (233KB, 1024x1365px) Image search: [Google]
006acUHogw1ezzbqmx4nnj32e036o7wi.jpg
233KB, 1024x1365px
>>
>>5405245
Jesus, look at those gorilla arms. Other than that though he looks pretty nice and Devastator-y
>>
>>5405088
Utopia doesn't look like Metroplex though.

That's also a KO, which means there's no assurance that it isn't a piece of shit.
>>
>>5405245
That's Hulky, right? I hate that guy, I want an IF version. I do like the size of his arms though, anything smaller would've looked weird. I'll probably get him.
>>
>>5405368
That's TW devs.
>>
>>5404289
Christ almighty you're complaining about no rolling wheels, which they technically have and you're still complaining they're not MUH HASBRO FULL SHITTY HOLLOW WHEELS.

Accept these guys are cool as fuck and bash that extortionate Dino-shell instead.
>>
>>5405384
Oh, my bad. I thought those were WST at his feet. Nice size.
>>
>>5405396
Many people have written off FP and FPC because of their recent troubles, Pretender Shells being one of the leading causes. There are, entertainingly to me, people who are still considering buying the shells though, especially those who bought all the bots so far, thinking the shells would be $40-60.
>>
>>5405396
>no one is allowed to have criticism!

This fucking thread is a joke sometimes
>>
>>5405396

Dude... just ignore that guy. He's going to hate anything 3rd Party anyway. If you like thing, that's all that matters.
>>
>>5405843
>He's going to hate anything 3rd Party anyway.

Yeah because there's no such thing as valid criticism. Nope. It's all nasty trolls who have it out for Third Parties.

The degree of persecution complexes and self-delusion some of you show in this thread is fucking staggering sometimes.
>>
These niggas are improving. I think I have to skip the bigger dinobots though if I want anything else this year.
>>
>>5406092

Still a little excessive on the details but not bad.
>>
File: UGH_A_GURRRRL.jpg (162KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
UGH_A_GURRRRL.jpg
162KB, 1024x768px
>>
File: U_99cbce_2387224.jpg (33KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
U_99cbce_2387224.jpg
33KB, 450x600px
>>5405998

Just calls it like I sees it.
>>
>>5405998

It's criticism when you say your piece, and let the value of your words speak for themselves. Then your words have merit.

When you need to fill a thread with a dozen plus replies bitching about a plastic toy, that no one is asking you to like or support... yeah, you're just being a twat. Please stop.
>>
>>5406682
Ah, the good old "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" argument, a favorite of people who don't like being questioned.

Let me clue you in here: all those posts you're saying I made? Only
>>5404009
>>5404058
>>5405998
were me. But I guess it's impossible for you to believe that more than one person isn't willing to swallow shit like you are.

It's okay that you don't have standards, but some of us do, and holding our tongues is just telling these people its okay to keep making poor choices, since none of you other fucks would dare say anything negative.
>>
Can we just start fucking banning Hastards on sight? They won't stay in /poorfag/ and all they do is spam their sour grapes here
>>
>>5399587
I like original 3P designs because there's no room to really mess up, design wise. You can make a character look however you want without worrying about accuracy to the original character. I don't really like it when 3P companies (mainly TFC) take huge liberties in their designs. Hell, stuff like Maketoy's Constructicons only vaugely look like the original designs.

>>5399795
>Roadbuster twins
I don't think they are original characters like Steel Core. Weren't they just meant to be Rack N' Ruin?
>>
>>5406844
>You can make a character look however you want without worrying about accuracy to the original character.

Don't original characters sell poorly? Aren't the best selling 3P's the ones that copy stuff down to the last detail?
>>
>>5404874
Decepticharge?
>>
>>5398664
dammit dammit god dammit i can't stop thinking about this. holy shit it just looks so damn good i want it now
>>
File: nov.jpg (237KB, 900x1007px) Image search: [Google]
nov.jpg
237KB, 900x1007px
You should see what they're doing to the Battle Core version of the mold. Impressive shit.

Even that other company making the other kit for the pre-combiner wars optimus look transforms without removing parts too. Plus that one has dedicated parts for making the combined mode less shit.
>>
File: Primovitalis-art2.jpg (339KB, 1834x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Primovitalis-art2.jpg
339KB, 1834x1920px
Plus that other kit.
>>
>>5405245

He's a bit lanky for my tasts. GT I think are going to take the cake with this one.

also

>People upset that /poorfag/ hate on things they refuse to budget for.

If they want to blow 100 dollars on a shitty CW combiner instead of something good then that is there prerogative. There will always be plebs in every hobby.
>>
>>5407022
Thats a beefy looking Bonecrusher. I like it.
>>
>>5406945
Pointblank
>>
>>5407071
Never heard of him.
>>
>>5407042

They're all pretty thick. The bulkiest Constructacons yet sans Toyworlds.
>>
>>5406092
>improving
>that pic
Well, I guess their previous figures were ugly as sin then because this is far from looking remotely good.
>>
>>5407022
So is Generation Toy some sort of sister company to Warbotron? Pictures gave off a few similar vibes to their Bruticus set and not that I have Mixer in hand, it definitely feelsvery much like a Warbotron figure, from some of the engineering, to the "updated" design aesthetics, to the plastic type used. Hell, they even have similar packaging design cues to Warbotron.
>>
>>5407022
Paintjob excepted, that thing looks terrible.
>>
File: Novaprime.jpg (340KB, 900x656px) Image search: [Google]
Novaprime.jpg
340KB, 900x656px
>>5406997
im buying this so bad. I bought Battle Core cause I thought he looked cool, but Nova is even cooler!

Finally a Nova that looks like Don Fig's design, and it's an upgrade! Maketoys and MMC BTFO
>>
>>5407276
>So is Generation Toy some sort of sister company to Warbotron
Seems so

You know how Warbotron Bruticus and Computron come with Legends toys? Generation Toy Devy is also coming with a Legends Megatron
>>
>>5407457
I might have to buy this too. I wonder if it still combines. If it didn't I wouldn't mind too much, the changes it makes are very impressive.
>>
File: scraper.jpg (46KB, 640x956px) Image search: [Google]
scraper.jpg
46KB, 640x956px
>>5407449
That's not a paint job. It's a digital coloring from a fan. We don't have colored combined mode shots yet.

The actual colors are going to be fantastic if the individual bots we've seen in color are any indication.
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 473x311px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 473x311px
>>5406997
okay, is this gonna be a parts former or will it actually look like a flat cab in vehicle mode?
>>
>>5407523
looks pretty good
>>
>>5407564
Beelzeboss seems to be teasing upgrades for Leader Megatron, to make him look like the design in TF Devastation

Honestly i dont know if upgrades are enough to save that thing, but if they can improve CW Prime this much, then who knows
>>
>>5407564
thank god
>>
>>5407569
still won't fix those awful shoulder joints, now will it? A bum in a top hat is still a bum.
>>
>>5407569

Yeah... Beelzeboss...
>>
>>5405267
>Utopia doesn't look like Metroplex though.

...Yes, he does. I don't understand what is going on with you.

>>5405137
>Metroplex is supposed to be smaller than Fort Max

Nnnno, again. Yes, I know the original toy was bigger. Yes, I know some art depicts them that way.

But it makes no sense and my autism prevents me from accepting it. Fortress Maximus is MAYBE 64 meters tall and Metroplex AT LEAST 800.
>>
>>5407639
>But it makes no sense
Doesnt it? Metroplex turns into a section of Autobot City, and Fort Max turns into his own city.

I guess i under stand though. Some people like a regular-sized Fort Max, like in the comics
>>
>>5406979

I want it now, too. I was supposed to have it now. I pre-ordered it and it was supposed to come out in November.

And now I read that Beelzeboss apparently sometimes fails to deliver without warning.
>>
>>5407644

Thing is, a human-sized character turns into the head of Cerebros (or Fortress, or whatever), who turns into the head of Fort Max. Even if we use the Dreamwave version for the head, and we assume the proportions for the toy are a little off, we still get (Cerebros head - about six feet high/ Cerebros about 48 feet tall; Fortress Maximus head about twenty-two feet high; Fortress Maximus about 176 feet tall). Of course, Brave Maximus would be one step bigger, but that would still only be about 640 feet.
>>
>>5406997
Damn, that looks pretty good. Think I'm gonna have to try and track down a Battle Core Prime now.
>>
>>5407022
I like GT better myself but, I want an MP scale Devs and TW may be the closest we ever get.
>>
>>5407738

If toyworld doesn't fudge it like their dinobot combiner it might be great. I personally think TW's Devy is a bit too lanky looking. It's like they prioritized height over everything.

The photos we have so far of scavenger and bonecrusher look really good though. I'm in with GT on this one but options never hurt.
>>
File: STK642790.jpg (439KB, 988x1500px) Image search: [Google]
STK642790.jpg
439KB, 988x1500px
I wonder why 3rd parties haven't done any G.I Joe inspired figures, or even recolours. The closest one I can recall was that targetmaster recolour, which was only a con exclusive.

Strange since you'd think combining the two properties would print money.
>>
>>5407755
>G.I Joe
>print money

You mean the brand that had 2 movies that didn't do so well, a cartoon that tanked and a toy line that only one retail store will even touch? The brand that has only ever been viable in the US and nowhere else worldwide?

"Print money", that's hilarious.
>>
>>5407758
It'd be banking on nostalgia, people who grew up with the toys/cartoons/comics and have the money to spend.

You know, the same people that third party TFs appeal to.
>>
>>5407755
>>5407759

Banking on Chinese nostalgia. It's just a lucky coincidence that the American market also likes G1 too. 3rd parties are based in China, and GI Joe never got much of a foothold their like Transformers did, which was a major pop culture thing.
>>
>>5407022
Keep going back and forth bw this and Toyworld's. I love the TW bot modes, but Gravity Builder doesn't have as much partsforming for combined mode. It's all going to depend on what the TW combiner parts do in any other mode.
>>
>>5407639
Metroplex needs to be a big of a toy as we can make it.
Fort Max is fine just being a big guy.
Are we all in agreement?
>>
>>5407738
>I want an MP scale Devs and TW may be the closest we ever get.
I know this is a 3P thread, but UW Devastator is basically an MP Devy.

Even with his fault, he'll definitely be more G1 accurate than any 3P Devy, that's for sure

I mean, c'mon, he was even designed by Shogo Hasui for pete's sake! look at this gorgeous headsculpt concept art!
>>
Do the ones with a bunch of Star Wars like detailing hurt to touch when playing with? I've only gotten ones which have smooth sides so far.
>>
>>5408098
uuh, no? why would you think that?

The only toys the hurt to touch are spiky japanese toys
>>
>>5407652
Megatron turns into a pistol that I can hold and it's not too heavy.
>>
>>5407988
Hasui supposedly said at SDCC this summer that he put some of the ideas he had for MP Devastator into the CW one.

Of course Mixmaster is the only one that needs to be seriously changed imo.
>>
>>5407988

>Basically MP

Not even close. He's hollow, cheap, overly simplistic, seemingly upscaled from deluxe size, the vehicles are basic as all hell and the robots all look like throwaways. The head sculpts and chests look good but he's nowhere near MP quality and would stand out immensely on an MP shelf.
>>
>>5408402
aesthetic-wise, he's as MP and G1-accurate as you can get

>would stand out immensely on an MP shelf.

Oh, and Toyworld's greeble-stator WOULDN'T stand out? is that what you're saying?
>>
>>5408098
The only Third Party fig I own that's physically painful to hold is KFC's Sencho Barbossa. Shit's pointy at all angles, even the fingers.
>>
>>5407988

I was actually planning on getting UW Devs til TW announced theirs. If I'm going to spend extra money I might as well get version not hampered by budget restraints.
>>
>>5407494
I don't think it does, it looks like the hands connect using the combiner port.
>>
>>5408425
I find some of Fansproject's stuff, the stunticons and dinobots specifically, to use slightly too sharp plastic. Little more pokey and pinchy than I like.
>>
File: Metroplex-g1.jpg (77KB, 329x620px) Image search: [Google]
Metroplex-g1.jpg
77KB, 329x620px
>>5407639
>...Yes, he does.

Do you really think Utopia's cluster of horns looks like Metroplex's head? Utopia only vaguely looks like the toy, and looks nothing like the Metroplex from the fiction.

If I'm going to buy a Metroplex I want a Metroplex, not some guy's fanart take on him.
>>
>>5408361
Agreed. I don't know what the fuck happened with Mixmaster. The weird thing is, there are what looks like two cabs on the vehicle mode to accommodate Dev's foot. There's no reason they had to invert the cement mixer.

>>5408402
Except for the fact that the UW Devestator guys actually look like the characters they're supposed to be.
>>
>>5408409

Any G1 accuracy is drowned in shit quality, mile long legs, thin noodle arms, and lmaonofingers!1!!!.

Toyworld's Dev is the least busy 3P aesthetic yet. GT's is much more busy in the same way Giant and Hercules are.

Either on of those would fit in better than the HasTak turd unless you blow another hundred bucks on upgrades polishing it.

It has a good head sculpt and absolutely nothing else.
>>
>>5408575

It's a fucking shame it's literal trash in every other respect though.
>>
>>5408296

Are you suggesting Fortress Maximus increases in size?
>>
>>5408565
>Do you really think Utopia's cluster of horns looks like Metroplex's head?

Yes, I really think.

And, speaking as an autist: Dude. Your autism is stopping you from enjoying a toy which is objectively better than the only alternative available.
>>
File: Utopia-1.jpg (70KB, 960x590px) Image search: [Google]
Utopia-1.jpg
70KB, 960x590px
Forgot pic.>>5408565
>>
>>5408605
>Yes, I really think.

Okay, so you're blind.

>which is objectively better than the only alternative available.

Except in actually being a representation of the character it's supposed to be...?
>>
>>5408580
>fingers
>being upset over something that insignificant
>>
>>5407569
I wanted them to fix PM Prime, but that thing needs so many fixes that they might as well make an entirely new figure.
>>
>>5408668
the upcoming Titan Prime? I'd wager some company will do a new chest piece to replace the greebled chunk since it looks like that part pops out on a basic hinge.
>>
>>5408644

>fingers
>And elbows on the individual bots
>And hollowness
>And fucked proportions
>And scrawny arms
>And poseability
>And shit individual bots in general

200 dollars is 1/3 of an actually good combiner devastator. Shit, it's half of giant nowadays.

There's more attention, care, joints, paint, and general quality in the one third party devy limb I have than the entire devastator from hasbro or Takara.
>>
>>5408674
>And elbows on the individual bots
Really? Unite Wars Devestator bots don't have elbows?

You sure sound like somebody who knows what they're talking about.

also

>$200 for 1/3rd of a toy vs $200 for the whole toy

combined with

>There's more attention, care, joints, paint, and general quality in the one third party devy limb I have
>the one third party devy limb I have

>>
>>5408593
I'm suggesting that scale arguments are nonsense when it comes to Transformers.
>>
>>5408695

>Acknowledging openly that you don't give two shits about the individual robots
>While at the same time dismissing one (actually good) toy because it's not the whole combiner
>Attempting to your disguise buyers remorse by actively ignoring the terrible individual robots and appealing to subjective aesthetics.

You know how I know your from the /poorfag/ general? You only see cost and not value.

Every limb of a third party toy functions completely as its own standalone toy. It doesn't need to excuse it's inadequacies by the fact that it's also a limb.

You spent 25-35 dollars a piece on dollar-tree quality shit that assembles into a 3/10 giant green turd. I spent 100 dollars on an awesome, well made collectors item that stands just fine on its own merits until it's fellow members come out.

Fucking peasants and their low standards.
>>
>>5408673
There's a bit more:

-Guns
-Transforming cab
-New head (or include this with the new cab)
-New chest piece.
>>
>>5408717
or just buy the reissue, aside from limited articulation it's about perfect already.
>>
>>5407988
You're either blind as fuck or a complete idiot.
>>
>>5408715

It's okay, I'm sure someday you'll be able to afford an entire toy. Just save them autismbucks!
>>
>>5408769
Have it, I just wanted a new, more articulated version. Japan loves Ginrai, so maybe in a few years they'll make one.
>>
>>5408841
There is the Ginrai conversion kit for the AOE Evasion Prime.
>>
Oh shit I need something to hit the sweet spot for free shipping. Which Iron Factory release do I go with? Magnus, Carbros, or Soundwave and friends?
>>
>>5408945
Soundwave
>>
>this whole thread right now
Jesus christ, and I thought the regular Transformers threads got bad.
>>
File: image.jpg (112KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112KB, 1000x750px
In case anyone forgot
>>
File: image.jpg (123KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123KB, 1000x750px
>>5408974
>>
>>5408945
>Magnus
>buying a toy without wheels
>>
>>5408979
Notice that Deadlock has a wrist swivel. It's a good time to be alive.
>>
Anybody know a cheap place to get the TFC Liokaiser guys in Canada? I was waiting for Ages 3+ to get them but it's been two fucking weeks since release and I'm getting antsy. Want Killbison more than any other member and I'm worried we'll end up with that standard early limb slowpoke tax happening.
>>
File: soon.jpg (169KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
soon.jpg
169KB, 768x1024px
Looks like you can swap out the colored treads for black ones if you don't like them.
>>
>>5408979
This guy looks great but might they ever do the modern mtmte style Drift? I need dem thighs.
>>
File: tw-d1.jpg (72KB, 440x587px) Image search: [Google]
tw-d1.jpg
72KB, 440x587px
>>
>>5408898
I'll look into it, thanks.
>>
File: s-l500.jpg (29KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
s-l500.jpg
29KB, 500x364px
What happened? It was a nice concept but why'd they drop the ball so bad? The extra 3rd mode was nice but I heard lots of gripes that Soundwave wouldn't even plug in because the plug wasn't shaped right. Ultra Magnus can work with the G1 Magnus toy but the shade of blue is way off, and why was Blaster made in bright orange? Why does the Powermaster Prime connector come with Magnus? I'd gripe over G1 guys being turned to headmasters but Hasbro is doing that with Titan Wars- and it's a shame those don't use G1 connectors for backwards compatibility but I guess babies need their neck joint.
>>
>>5409003
how are the gundam hands, are they straight up copies of the 1/100 master grade hands from kits like the mk ii 2.0 and zeta 2.0? or did they tweak them?

I've seen screws and a metal pin but that's the biggest difference I can tell from pics.
>>
>>5408841
Didn't Xovergen come out with a trailer that's basically Powermaster Prime? I'm tempted to hunt one down for my incoming Black OP and the review I saw of it was good, I just wish it had a better head, it's way too gentle.
>>
>>5409033
it's a bit rare and expensive now, but it worked equally with G1, PMOP or Classics cabs, and it had a fill-in chest panel in case you had neither of them. I'd love to own one but not for the $300 or so it'd cost.
>>
>>5408974
Why would I buy a smaller more expensive version of a deluxe toy.
>>
>>5408988
>>5409003
Anyone have reviews up yet?
>>
>>5408827

My mixing truck is in the mail and the other members haven't released yet you dense twat. Sick ad hominem last resort attacks though.
>>
>>5408988

I don't know why they went with solid green in the first place. It looks unfinished.
>>
>>5407755

Because the bulk of G.I.Joe fans are as autistic as Transformers fans and have no interests outside their own little toy world.
>>
>>5409130
plus if Joe Customs is anything to go by, 99% of the Joe fandom frequent /pol/
>>
>>5407755

Xovergen did that one Prime/Joe design but it was so shit that it bombed.

I still remember the sound of those hip joints in my nightmares. The headsculpt and whatever the fuck they were using for white marble plastic on the back looked awful.
>>
File: infinitusminimus.jpg (50KB, 640x801px) Image search: [Google]
infinitusminimus.jpg
50KB, 640x801px
Need opinion on Toyworld Infinitor. Used to have Takara Encore Fort Max but sold it cause no space.

Picture related.
>>
>>5409047
Obviously not for you then.
>>
File: DSC07432.jpg (3MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
DSC07432.jpg
3MB, 2592x1944px
>>5409164

I have the TFcon version,

It cool with added updated articulated leader scale with the G1 look. It hard to find a spot for him in a collection (to small for a good baseformer but towers over other headmasters )maybe with the upcoming titan returns line he find a better place. His Head master also G1 compatible
>>
File: DSC07445.jpg (3MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
DSC07445.jpg
3MB, 2592x1944px
>>5409164
>>5409184
>>
>>5409164
I have Infinitor and love it. He's exactly what he looks like, the old Fort Max toy but with actual articulation and in a smaller Voyager-sized package.
>>
>>5409184
>>5409189
>>5409190

Thanks a million ! Next month will snatch one up, provide that the price remain unchange.
>>
>>5409071

You definitely sound like an expert on Transformers.
>>
File: DSC09180 (Large).jpg (269KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DSC09180 (Large).jpg
269KB, 1440x1080px
>>5409198
No problem
>>
File: double D.jpg (16KB, 477x357px) Image search: [Google]
double D.jpg
16KB, 477x357px
>>5409189
>>
>>5409264

Wow, that Fortmax looks like he'll fit in really well with the upcoming Titanmasters base mode Leaders.
>>
>>5407564
Oh man, might have to get this.
>>
>>5395663
this thread is a veritable mess of shit flinging and piss drinking.
please realize this
>>
>>5409892
Is this your first time in the Third Party thread?

They don't call it Turd Party for nothing
>>
>>5409164
the colors seem kinda fucked up. isnt his boob canopy supposed to be green?
>>
Does anyone have the IG-Raptors? I'm mulling getting the first seeker set (Starscream, Thundercracker, and Skywarp).

Does the three-pack have bases for all three and alternate heads?
>>
Can someone with perfect effect's Menasor upgrade tell me where is the sword extending piece supposed to go?
>>
>>5410071
shit, I meant where it's supposed to go in vehicle mode.
>>
>>5409892
So like every thread on /toy/?
>>
Any options other than perfect effect for combiner wars hands and feet
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.