[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

look how much potential PAK has they need to fire their

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10

File: 57245-2.jpg (63KB, 590x600px) Image search: [Google]
57245-2.jpg
63KB, 590x600px
look how much potential PAK has

they need to fire their paint/color director
>>
File: 57245-1.jpg (40KB, 600x398px) Image search: [Google]
57245-1.jpg
40KB, 600x398px
>>
>>5361531
Right looks like David Bowie
>>
>>5361570
so youre saying he looks like the man who sold the world?
>>
>>5361570
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLoytewvn0g

did anon do this on purpose? oh no
not me
>>
>>5361528
>>5361531

You do realize that just by looking at the backgrounds you can tell they are lit differently right?

I wouldn't even be surprised if the hair wasn't re-painted in >>5361531
>>
>>5361604
>You do realize that just by looking at the backgrounds you can tell they are lit differently right?
>I wouldn't even be surprised if the hair wasn't re-painted in

This post is almost as retarded as skeptical Transformers call shitty toys "mistransformed" even though there's clearly just like an antenna positioned improperly and you can make out the rest of the figure easily.
>>
>>5361604

Doesn't account for the differences, you are a complete moron.
>>
>>5361604
Only the skin is painted.
That's obvious.
It's sill an incredible improvement.
>>
File: playarts.jpg (247KB, 1364x969px) Image search: [Google]
playarts.jpg
247KB, 1364x969px
>>5361528

A better paint job doesn't really excuse the bizarre bean knees, weird scale, and creepy meth fact sculpting.
>>
>>5362602
>>5362611

How am I retarded? Only the skin was re-painted and the lighting is used to make the original paint look even worse than it actually is.

Suck me you cock-jockeys.
>>
>>5362690
Lol'd so hard that I'm crying...
>>
>>5362690
And PAKtards wonder why the line gets so much flak.
>>
>>5362690
>>5362731

Neat meme and all, but you guys realize every fig in that picture is really old right? Like probably at least 4 years.

Modern paks don't look like that, or there would be another compilation pic made by now, dontcha think?
>>
I kinda like PAK Arkham Knight Robin.
>>
>>5362746
Underrated post.
>>
>>5361528
Why is this posted at least once a month?

He didn't repaint the hair, the pictures are not even taken under the same conditions (white balance is off on the left and light too harsh too, even the untouched parts on the right look better just because the picture is less shitty).

All he did was remove most of the face paint, give him new eyes and matte seal him.
That's not that difficult.
No blushing on the face, no texturing done, lips are completely bare and the head looks weirdly blank compared to the still blushed breast now.

It's better, but far away from a really good re-paint.
Not to mention that most shitty toys can look good in the hands of a skilled artist, PAK is no difference.
>>
I REALLY wish Squenix would make a sub-series featuring smaller figures. That way we could get new Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts figures not fuck-huge and at better prices.
>>
>>5362746
The problem is nobody here is stupid enough to buy them anymore.
>>
>>5365620

And yet the line continues. I guess that imaginary money the line brings in is keeping them going eh?
>>
the problem with PAKS is that they unnecessarily shadow the fuck out of male faces

where PAKs lacks with its male figures it excels with its female figures

its female figures are top notch and mainly due to the lack of fucking shadowing they apply on their faces

they are in my opinion 10/10 figures
>>
>>5361528
Liquid looks like shit but go look at Solidus or Venom, they look really nice

>>5361588
At least link the Bowie version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSH--SJKVQQ

>>5365673
I disagree. In hand, Meryl's face looks really bad. I own most of the MGS ones (missing MGS2 Raiden, all the TPP ones and two of the three PW Snakes), and the only one with a worse face than Meryl is Liquid. Aside from those two, GZ Big Boss looks decent at best, but the rest look really good. Not that I'd buy another PAK for the price they go for now, but that's beside the point
>>
>>5361604
are you retarded?
>>
>>5361531
>>5361528
Left literally looks like a zombie. Wtf is going?
>>
>>5365673
That Wonder Woman gets my dick hard.
>>
>>5361604
>You do realize that just by looking at the backgrounds you can tell they are lit differently right?
>>5365596
>the pictures are not even taken under the same conditions

Yeah, because there's no way he tried to change his lighting set up for a new pic or anything. it's not like this guy wants to show off his custom or anything

thats WAY less likely than him sinisterly changing it to make his custom look better...
>>
>>5361604
>>5362602
>>5362611
>>5362624
>>5362702
>>5365596
>>5367120
The new one is either lit with warmer lighting, or he filtered it in Photoshop like I did here.
He's basically repainted the exposed skin on the body and face. Which I also did real quickly in Photoshop. The hair is pretty much untouched. Maybe he 'Shopped the vibrance and hue a little bit, but you can still see the same highlight patterns in both pix.

What you have is a combination repaint/photoshop comparison shot. Not saying it isn't BETTER than the original, but he's cheated some to get it to look that way.
>>
>>5367179

lol what is all this bullshit have you never seen paint before
>>
>>5367179

This in fact correct.
>>
>>5361528
The arms look disproportionate, I just can't get over it..
>>
>>5367215
Not understanding your problem.
Yes I've see paint. I see it on the aforementioned figure. I also see some cheap photo-editing tricks to make the pictures look better as well.
So your point being...?
>>
File: SweetIvy13610564972.jpg (310KB, 575x776px) Image search: [Google]
SweetIvy13610564972.jpg
310KB, 575x776px
>>5367114
i knowwww

im not even a big fan of wonder woman

but im considering becoming one just to justify having this figure
>>
>>5367179
>hello! my name is subjectanon, annd I will post for days about how my autistic and retarded observation is more correct than yours!
>It's obv hptoshp guiz!

You really ought to be banned forever, you do nothing but stir up shitposting and disrupt the board.
>inb4 breaking up jap circlejerk
no you're just that terrible of a person.
>>
>>5365673
You should see the guy's work on repainting Meryl, I think he actually hit the whole thing, looked way better.
>>
File: yots-kma.jpg (91KB, 600x990px) Image search: [Google]
yots-kma.jpg
91KB, 600x990px
>>5367826
hah.
Me?
Subjectanon?
Where at any point in my post did I mention Peter Weller's luscious full lips, or complain about fucking ankle rockers?

Why are you so upset that this guy is called out for using Photoshop/lighting to make his work look better?
Where do you see me saying he did a bad job?

You need to unclench and rub a few out sport. And get over subjectanon. He's obviously not interested in having sex with you, so drop this obsession with him and move on.
>>
>>5367466
ugh, those cuts and joints look horrendous. You can't pose this without a stand I assume so whats the point of all the articulation, just make statues.
>>
>>5369074
kill yourself.
>>
>>5367120
Except he kinda did. He was showing it off while many others showered him with compliments for completely redoing the paint. While the original paint apps weren't anything to write home about (with Liquid's usually being one of the worst), the guy made his intentions clear when he first posted those photos.
>>
>>5369005
>Why are you so upset that this guy is called out for using Photoshop/lighting to make his work look better?
Being critical or caring about the look of toys is trolling, and if it'sabout a Japanese toy, you're subjectanon

Welcome to /toy/.
>>
I literally just got the PAK variants darth maul and the thing is 9/10. face is pretty much perfect, no crazy stoneface, the painting is great as well. I just dislike hard rubber cape stuff. would have preferred something poseable. other than the cape 10/10
>>
>>5370272
I am guessing for PAKs, it can look good if it ain't human.
Couple days I ago I saw a PAK VARIVANT joker displayed at a gamestop and it looked pretty cool in person, but then again he isn't supposed to look like a normal human and is probably some sort of original redesign so I don't know.
>>
>>5371319
I guess that makes sense. It doesnt help that with liquid up there they put a ton of musculature that needed shading and shit like that. Lot of room for error. Even so, looking at the liquid and then darth maul it looks like a completely differnt company. The quality is so much higher on the darth maul. Maybe liquid is just an older thing.
>>
>>5370272
>>5371319
PAK monster/masked characters or ones that don't look like a regular human usually turn out fine. Most of their best figures tend to be those types.
>>
Does anyone have Jensen or 47?
>>
>>5373279
I got 47 when he was on sale, other than a bad case of the shadow face, he's decent enough, comes with some nice guns.
>>
>>5373279
I have Jensen. Low amount of accessories but a very nice sculpt overall.
>>
>>5373468
Paint looks really bad on him in pictures.
>>
>>5367179
Its alright anon. Not sure why this is pissing everyone off so much, but i believe you. Ive heard that this guy sometimes repaints the "normal" figures poorly to make his customs look better in comparrison
>>
>>5373687
>Ive heard that this guy sometimes repaints the "normal" figures poorly to make his customs look better in comparrison

I wouldn't go THAT far. That's a little bit overkill.
He's done a really nice job on the skin and faces, but since these are in his portfolio, he's 'sweetened' them up a bit (most likely in Photoshop) to make them look better

>Not sure why this is pissing everyone off so much

Me either. It's not like there's anything wrong with trying to make your work look better. Hell, I don't know a single customizer who DOESN'T do a little post production work on their photos. Somebody's either trolling, or is dealing with tremendous asspain to get this bothered by it.
>>
>>5361528

PAK has always had strong sculpts desu

somewhat unique and exaggerated aesthetics but not really bad
>>
>>5373503
I can't speak for everyone else' figure but the paint on mine looks fine.
>>
File: PAK'D.jpg (675KB, 1009x1000px) Image search: [Google]
PAK'D.jpg
675KB, 1009x1000px
Ayyyyy
>>
File: snake.jpg (92KB, 723x960px) Image search: [Google]
snake.jpg
92KB, 723x960px
>>5375155
lmao
>>
>>5375160
snake get caught in a taffy puller?
>>
File: jiggery pokery.jpg (784KB, 1346x1000px) Image search: [Google]
jiggery pokery.jpg
784KB, 1346x1000px
>>5375155
Same as the OP figure.
Really REALLY nice job on the face, but he hasn't touched the body at all. The highlights, the weathering, are exactly the same. He's changed the hue/tint either by Photoshop, or filters.
And before Mr Grouchytwat gets his panties twisted around his ballsack, they guy did a good job.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.