[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BJD/Doll Thread: Happy New Year Edition!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 326
Thread images: 88

File: DSC_8517aas.jpg (275KB, 999x647px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_8517aas.jpg
275KB, 999x647px
Last Thread: >>5339782
FAQs:
/toy/ - tinyurl com ihatedolls
/jp/ - tinyurl com dollfaq
>>
File: day trip.jpg (155KB, 930x620px) Image search: [Google]
day trip.jpg
155KB, 930x620px
>>
>>5361248
ive always wanted headphones for my dolls but i can never find any that dont look like shit. the ones in that pic look nice but i have a feeling they're super expensive and also way too big for the doll i want
>>
>>5361145
>>5361162
>>5361181

FUCK I WANT THAT Houkago Play Kanojo so bad
>>
File: marukawa1350946654.jpg (183KB, 930x930px) Image search: [Google]
marukawa1350946654.jpg
183KB, 930x930px
>>5361513
Keep checking mandarake regularly. She pops up occasionally. I remember seeing a few on Amazon at a larger markup, but if you're a richfag its an option.
>>
>>5361542
id be happy just to see this doll in person :(
>>
>>5361542
>Keep checking mandarake regularly.
figinstock is more reliable
>>
>>5361668
Same thing
>>
Can someone explain how the fuck this Emily P person got so many damn defenders on tumblr?
>>
>>5361797
Can someone post the faceup? I want to see what even started this. Also what's with the casual racism towards Russians are tumblr? Apparently they're horrible people because their dolls don't look like shit?

About the Kanojo doll on Amazon, most of the Azone stuff on Amazon includes free shipping ("free shipping" rather) so that's probably why the price is higher.
>>
File: 23m1max.jpg (102KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
23m1max.jpg
102KB, 720x960px
>>5361855
Just remember you asked for this
>>
>>5361855
I think the claim is that Russian dolls don't look like shit because the doll community bullies anyone who doesn't have gorgeous dolls. (though really it's more likely that only the only the best looking dolls get noticed outside of Russia)
>>
>>5361894
Oh man, is that the $1.29 craft paint from Michael's? I'm amazed at that pink mucus build up around the eyes. Very Elfgutz.
>>
>>5361901
my guess is that there is a large gap between the rich and the poor in russia, and those that can afford BJDs are the ones who are rich enough to afford and expect the best. unlike other countries (the US in particular) where poor weeby teens buy the cheapest, shittiest dolls and recasts just so they can fit in somewhere. it seems like russians are more concerned with the art aspect of dolls, while other countries just want to be part of a community, thus shitty dolls and asspats everywhere.
>>
>>5361924
I believe she has also used nail polish on one of them. She's also admitted that many of them are recasts.
>>
File: 006.jpg (77KB, 650x663px) Image search: [Google]
006.jpg
77KB, 650x663px
>>5361924
I do my faceups with $1.29 craft paint from michael's actually. the paint is not the problem, its how they didn't bother to use the proper brushes or thin it out.
>>
>>5361894
Who would go out of their way to defend this
>>
File: 005.jpg (95KB, 750x782px) Image search: [Google]
005.jpg
95KB, 750x782px
>>5361935
oops wrong pic, meant to post a finished one.

i use shitty craft paint, but 20/10 script liner brushes.
>>
>>5361935
>>5361938
okay
>>
File: disnigga.jpg (74KB, 602x629px) Image search: [Google]
disnigga.jpg
74KB, 602x629px
>>5361941
just saying that the quality of the paint doesn't matter and isn't really something you can mock a bad faceup for. there's plenty wrong with those faceups that have nothing to do with the paint.
>>
File: 4990506997_957c30a1bf_o.jpg (109KB, 935x623px) Image search: [Google]
4990506997_957c30a1bf_o.jpg
109KB, 935x623px
>>5361894
I like the hot pink. Is she Kim P's sister?
>>
>>5361951
kim p and emily p, long lost sisters? they sure have shit faceups in common.
>>
>>5361938
Wow, that looks great. My biggest concern about the craft paints was if they'd be safe to use on dolls. Is that all craft paint?
>>
>>5361937
The normal bunch of SJW tumblrinas. The loudest ones I've seen are poetfish, Karla-chan, and Highpriestess something. oh and Rapps. (Karla is amusing because I don't think she's realized the doll in question is a recast.)
>>
>>5361925
>it seems like russians are more concerned with the art aspect of dolls
Well there's certainly better supplies easily available in certain parts of Europe, and for less than what we pay to get them in the US market. If you want anything better than Joanns, Hobby Lobby, or Walmart lace, you gotta pay out your ass or take the gamble with Chinese sellers on Ebay. I almost cried when I found out there was a mass clothing mill outlet store in my area because it meant fashion-quality notions and fabrics for nonrape prices.

I also feel there's probably more of an emphasis on properly learning a craft too. I have some cousins over there and they seem to learn far more advanced stuff in their home ec equivalent classes than my school did (the most complicated thing we made was a pair of pj shorts and it took almost 5 months to get to that point). I've been trying to improve my skills but there's very little classes available here unless you're a quilter or in a fashion course already.
>>
>>5361966
Different anon, but the only major difference between craft paint and artist paint is that craft paint is loaded down with chalky fillers so they can put less pigment per bottle. Hence why its so cheap, thick, and why it streaks so badly.
>>
>>5361969
I get the feeling all of them don't know that most of her dolls are recasts.
I bet the comments would change quickly if more of them knew.
>>
>>5361966
i only use paint for painting hairs, eyelashes, eyeliner and lip lines. everything else is pastels. while i use cheap paint, i use sennelier pastels, which are kind of expensive, my set cost $110
>>
http://strawpoll.me/6379355
>>
File: BloodFlower1407152471.jpg (83KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
BloodFlower1407152471.jpg
83KB, 1000x667px
>>5361668
>>5361542
>>5361513

I abused figinstock for over a year before finally getting one. Although by the time I got her in my hands I had little change from $800 dollarydoos and for that I basically got a stained head and some clothing. Her body was in poor condition and had to be replaced, luckily I had Mei's original 50cm body or I'd be staring at a 1k doll.
>>
>>5362083
>hopesdashed.jpg
>>
Question for y'all-- When someone says they're selling a preorder on, say, Snow Miku, how does that work?
>>
>>5362249
It means that they've preordered the doll and will send it to the buyer when they receive the shipment from the manufacturer. With Snow Miku in particular there will be a lot of her on the market so you shouldn't have to pay much, if anything at all, over retail.
>>
>>5362303
Awesome, thank you!
>>
>>5362303

Maybe I'm just jaded but it seems like a really good way to get the price of your doll back and get to keep it as well.
>>
>>5362371
Definitely a possibility. Use common sense and you'll likely be fine though. Deal with reputable sellers if possible. Pay with a credit card through paypal and use the goods and services option even though you'll get hit with a fee. That way you can first try to resolve a potential dispute through paypal and if that fails do a chargeback.
>>
>>5362403
Thanks for the advice! I have similar worries to >>5362371 so I'll definitely go through PP/goods and my CC. I would hate for my first bad transaction to be over a $600 doll.
>>
File: chobitsirl.png (2MB, 883x859px) Image search: [Google]
chobitsirl.png
2MB, 883x859px
It's been long enough to assume that the automatic version of the smart doll is a pipe dream. Any news on the 120cm version? I'd own the shit out of that and I don't want any electronic element to my dolls.

>Select the sandwiches
>Shows hamburgers
>>
File: k987d1qi50jlt.jpg (65KB, 800x1067px)
k987d1qi50jlt.jpg
65KB, 800x1067px
Here comes the bride.
>>
>>5362831
ohh man i sure hope they make a dolho body for that 120cm doll.. aww shit.
>>
File: jhyjhgjhg.jpg (34KB, 450x600px)
jhyjhgjhg.jpg
34KB, 450x600px
>>5362886

There is just something about big tits on dollfies that just screams "I'm some loser's sex toy". It's a hard look to pull off well.
>>
File: 1268031990317.jpg (60KB, 425x597px)
1268031990317.jpg
60KB, 425x597px
>>
>>5362831
wasn't that an april fool's?
>>
>>5363261
It was announced on April Fools but he claimed the following day that it wasn't a joke
>>
>>5361935
>I do my faceups with $1.29 craft paint from michael's actually
bullshit.
>>
>>5362886
that dress looks like a napkin from grandma's house
>>
Anyone get any cool BJD stuff for christmas? Any bets on how many poorfags are gonna start showing their recasts with excuses about how dear old senile grandma got it for them and they just love it so much even though it's a recast?
>>
>>5363456
i bought a bunch of clothes with money i got for christmas, but didn't actually receive anything doll-related. i don't really talk about the hobby, so i think even my parents only vaguely know about them.
>>
>>5363456
I didn't receive anything doll related, but I bought my girls new clothes in early Dec with some of my christmas bonus
>>
http://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1035942257&ref=list

What is this supposed to be?
Cant find any eng info on d'coords nor are they in the limited doll sections.
>>
>>5363645
i think they're a line exclusive to doll point
>>
>>5363456
I got a Pullip MIO Kit and a one of the tan Blythe releases (still can't believe that), but nothing new on the BJD front.
I actually got quite a bit of money this year but everything I want is either more than I'm willing to spend right now ooor not available.
Oh well.
Bought enough stuff this year anyway.
>>
>>5363333
It's not, really.
Not the same anon, but when I started I used the cheapest paint available too, stopped doing that roughly two years ago and switched to Mr. Color for lines only.
Also was never cheap with the pastels, used Schmincke right from the start and still do so.
The pastels definitely make a big difference.

However, cheap acrylics ARE shit.
You can't deny that, but the fact they are usually not very pigmented makes it for some easier to dilute.
>>
>>5361894
There are so many other great pics to share anon.
>>
>>5363687
>>
>>5363690
>>
>>5363693
>>
>>5363060
Oh god I know, I know.
My first doll was DD Aoi and first thing I ordered for her was a medium bust because I'm not, and I don't, but she did.
>>
>>5363699
what a fucking trainwreck
>>
>>5363645
It's a set from Dollpa 59. The D'coord sets were finished DD coordinate models made using the Akiba DollPoint limited items: DDH-08, DDH-09, and the Dream Wigs.
>>
>>5363699
I remember seeing that picture posted on BJD Addicts and snorting. I mean, ignore the dolls for a minute and just look at that poor soul's house. I live in a shitty apartment, but I care enough to not have it look like that pigsty.

Also, the wheelchair just made me double snort.
>>
File: 001.jpg (105KB, 700x483px) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
105KB, 700x483px
>>5363333
whats so hard to believe about it? though i disagree with >>5363682

i've bought some volks faceup acrylics and to me, they are unusable. they are very, very plastic-y and shiney and don't lay smooth when you paint with them, while the cheap acrylics i use go on smoothly with a matte finish. maybe mr. hobby is better, but so far nothing works as well for me as cheap ceramcoat acrylics.
>>
File: 008.jpg (110KB, 800x579px)
008.jpg
110KB, 800x579px
>>5363805
a progress pic, eyebrows were painted with those cheap acrylics thinned with some golden acrylic flow release and water.
>>
>>5363699
while those faceups are horrifying, look at that minifee's shoes. wtf the flying fuck are on her feet???
>>
>>5363812
Probably some American Girl knockoff's shoes. Didn't you know that AG dolls and MSDs wear like exactly the same size? Gosh, anon. Learn to fashion.
>>
>>5363805
I never used the Volks ones, but I know for some they are the favourite type (like Viridian House and Danube).
Not sure if they are really high quality anyway, Volks sells a overpriced toothbrush and calls it a special hairbrush for dolls, their wigs are shitty nowadays and the Zoukeimura eyes are not that high quality anymore either.
>>
File: kek.png (6KB, 264x205px) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
6KB, 264x205px
Alright, which one of you niggers did this
>>
>>5364347
>4 notes

Is it getting hard to troll tumblr? I thought that was an eloquent troll post. Most of the ones I see are too obvious.
>>
>>5363693
This shit makes me want to try faceups because fucking hell it would be so easy to do better than that.
>>
File: sobstory.png (12KB, 270x340px) Image search: [Google]
sobstory.png
12KB, 270x340px
>>5364363
>Is it getting hard to troll tumblr?

Not really, this is fake as fuck. Nobody really bought it but it did get a lot of attention.
>>
File: its the world wibe web buster.jpg (74KB, 475x356px) Image search: [Google]
its the world wibe web buster.jpg
74KB, 475x356px
>>5364374
>>
>>5361894
>>5363693
>>5363699
yes, more food for my horror show folder
>>
Why the fuck not, everyone else does
>>
File: tumblr_mpchgaFd9v1rfkphwo1_.jpg (284KB, 887x600px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mpchgaFd9v1rfkphwo1_.jpg
284KB, 887x600px
>>5365440
How can it be that at this time, where the internet is full to the brim with information, how to, guides and tutorials regarding BJDs there are still people out there who ask this shit?

Heck, back then you were glad if you found a tiny bit of information or knew whom to ask, nowadays this shit is given to you on a silver platter.
Every starter knew the basic shit (no direct sun, no oil-based materials etc.) and if not he quickly got it.
And people were eager to pull their shit together because these dolls are fucking expensive.

So are people just lazier? Or more stupid?
Or is it because money is to many nothing special anymore in a world where you spend hundreds of bucks on a mobile phone that you regulary let hit the ground and swap for something new in a year anyway?
>>
>>5364374
There is a follow-up confession on this already online, where anon says they went to the police and will move out soon too.

thathappened.jpg
>>
File: 1319-75.jpg (245KB, 801x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1319-75.jpg
245KB, 801x1200px
found
>>
>>5365564
whats with the retard saying they find it hard to believe the police took it seriously? it doesn't matter if its family, if someone takes something from you that is valued at several hundred dollars, and you have all the receipts to prove it, it's still a criminal theft and they can be charged. parents charge their kids for stealing their cars all the time, a parent stealing an expensive as fuck doll isn't all that different.
>>
>>5365584
Less than a few thousand $ worth of goods and you can't take the case to criminal court. It has to go through small claims. Still, having a police record helps in small claims court.
>>
>>5365584
I honestly think that if this would be a first time thing and the family wasn't known for being abusive or whatnot the police would probably tell her to deal with this in private first.

I don't even value family that crazily high, but alienating a large chunk of your family can get nasty real fast and be annoying in the long run too, no matter the reason.
I'm sure before the police would agree to bust your mom's ass for taking away your doll they would urge you to handle it differently.

But we don't know much about this, probably fictional, situation anyway.
Maybe her mom pulled shit like that regulary and it was just the last straw for her to finally move out, who knows?
>>
>>5365584
I'm not from the US but I bet that if I'd go to the police here and tell 'em my mom, who I still live with (!), "stole" my doll by giving it to my cousin on Christmas would end with a few laughs of them and telling me to go home.
Yes, even if the doll was expensive.

They got better shit to do than kick my mother's ass because she took away my doll.
>>
>>5365613
I've seen enough episodes of COPS to be an expert on law enforcement. I'm pretty sure you can file a report, but all the cops will do is make a note, and maybe talk to each individual separately to make sure they're both calm before they go on their way to deal with a real emergency (like minorities playing outside).
>>
>>5365613
>>5365613
Yeah if you call it a doll they'd blow you off, but if you call it a custom hand made art piece and show them receipts that it cost a few hundred dollars, they'd see if differently. You think they actually went to the police and cried about their dolly being taken away? All they would have to call it is their property. "Hello, I would like to report my mother taking a piece of my property, valued at xxx amount of dollars without my permission. I have already tried to resolve this privately, but she refused to return it."

Come on guys its not rocket science.
>>
>>5365626
obviously the anon wasn't aiming to charge her mother, the point of it was to threaten them to return the doll, and it worked since anon got their doll back. i doubt the police sent anyone after her, probably just the anon returned home and showed their mother the papers for the claim, and the mother, not wanting to deal with police, took the doll back from the cousin, but not without the whole family making a big stink about it.
>>
>>5365634
I honestly don't want to know how the relationship to your mother/family would be after you called the police on her.
For a doll.
That went to your little cousin as a gift.
In a family where people don't even get that this is not some barbie.

>>5365627
But that does arise a few more questions.
Why didn't mom know it's a "custom hand made art piece" and how to deal with that? Why would mom give it to a younger cousin?

Not to mention it doesn't change the fact anon still lives with their mom.
Parents do a lot of shitty things that are accepted simply because you live with them under one roof.
I still doubt the police would do much at first.

Heck, we don't even know how old this anon is.
If I call the police and tell 'em my mother took away something from me they would probably say I deserved it.
>>
File: you are so fucked.jpg (63KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
you are so fucked.jpg
63KB, 500x375px
>>5365440
Yeah, Karla P. Use sharpies. It's probably not the worst thing to happen to your dolls.
>>
>>5365670
i doubt the cousin was all that young, definitely not a little girl if anon went to them to ask for the doll back and they told them to basically fuck off. and the anon has to be old enough to move out, since that is their plan, so over 18.

again the police likely did nothing besides filed a claim report, and the anon likely only had to show their mother the claim themselves for the mother to get the doll back and return it.

the mother is likely a piece of shit you wouldn't want to deal with regardless of the fall out from getting the police involved. she was too cheap and lazy to buy the cousin something with her own money? she had to take her daughter's stuff and pass it off as something she personally got for the girl? what trash.
>>
>>5365560
people want instant gratification. why go through the effort of searching when you can bug other humans to regurgitate hard-won information for you on demand.
>>
>>5364347
considering the mental instability of most trans people, this was probably real.
>>
>>5365811
> considering the mental instability of most "trans" people on Tumblr, this was probably real.

FTFY
>>
File: triggered.jpg (59KB, 499x358px) Image search: [Google]
triggered.jpg
59KB, 499x358px
>>5365838
go back to tumblr, freak.
>>
File: custom_head9.jpg (47KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
custom_head9.jpg
47KB, 600x399px
>>5365913
uuuuh, what makes you think I can go, you ableist #so triggered
>>
>>5365926
>elaborate custom
>wig cap still shows
>>
>>5365935
Makes me cringe every time too but the faces were too hilarious not to save.
>>
>>5364347
Sometimes, I wonder how well a double-sided dildo would work with onaholes.
>>
>>5365945
I'm vaguely surprised nobody has come up with a strapon for boy dolls with a huge silicon dong.
>>
>>5363693
i bet they dont use sealant
>>
File: tumblr_nxvgdv5evT1th7cduo1_540.jpg (171KB, 540x675px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxvgdv5evT1th7cduo1_540.jpg
171KB, 540x675px
>>5365989
I was making references to anons a few threads back making a big fucking deal over what gender they were. That kind of derail gets old fast.
>>
>>5366006
Oh, I see. Honestly I don't understand, but I'm really tired.

also boy miku a shit
>>
>>5366013
if the hair matched the eyebrows it'd look cute
>>
>>5363805
>>5363808
So you dilute an already extremely diluted acrylic paint to get the consistency you want? Congrats, you just painted something that will most likely flake off in the near future.

They're cheap for a reason. I wonder if this is a new thing now, for faceuppers to give shitty advice to noobs who want to try painting for the first try, and have them get so frustrated, that they end up commissioning someone for a faceup.

tldr; don't be an ass and give shitty advice please. Next thing you know, we'd have people here swearing up and down over the joys of using markers for faceups.
>>
>>5363456
Already seen one "my dad bought this and idk what it is" that turned out to be a recast on bjd addicts.
>>
>>5366059
Wut?
But I use Magigmarkers for faceups, they are great.
>>
>>5365626
>like minorities playing outside
Yeah, playing who steals more stereos,cellphones, handbags or wallets.
>>
>>5366059
lol nigga i have dolls with faceups 6 years old, painted with these same acrylics, gtfo of here with your know it all bullshit. do you even paint faceups?
>>
File: smug-obama.jpg (14KB, 483x418px) Image search: [Google]
smug-obama.jpg
14KB, 483x418px
>>5366059
>>5366346
back to add. you DO know that faceups are sealed, right? they aren't going to flake off, how else do you think pastel stays on? fucking wow. baka for real desu senpai
>>
Holy shit. I just got the Pure Neemo body I ordered in. This thing feels way more expensive than the $30 after shipping I paid for it. This quality is amazing. I'm considering replacing all of my Pullip bodies with these now. I just can't get over how heavy and sturdy they feel.
>>
Ugh, I've decided that I really want a Monogatari outfit for one of my BJDs, only she's a 65cm with a huge bust and won't fit into DD shit.

Any recommendations for a comissioner?
>>
>>5366349
Not that I agree with >>5366059, but sealing does NOT guarantee something is not gonna flake if the material is being used wrong.

Like people using water colour paint until it's opaque. That shit gonna flake or crack no matter how much you seal it.
>>
File: wut.jpg (55KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
55KB, 400x533px
>>5366463
okay well i guess my experiences over close to 8 years doing faceups using these same acylics (the very same bottles, actually, not even half empty yet) mean nothing, because people on the internet told me the paint i use will flake. okay.
>>
>>5366006
shit,

i missed this
>>
I like ball jointed dolls but I feel like if I bought one or just fixed one up myself and it was a cute male I would only do lewd things with it all the time. How do you not want to take lewd tummy exposure pics with something like >>5366006 but I have never posted here before so forgive me if that is what you do with them.

But I have a reborn doll and I dont want to molest it so idk.
>>
>>5367439

Holy shit that photos terrifying.
>>
>>5367453
I really liked the idea, I think it was for one of the DoA contests back then.
>>
>>5367453
The fish is made of two lames of foam, which robs it of a lot of its potential impact, IMO.
>>
File: 151227i108 (1).jpg (34KB, 300x400px)
151227i108 (1).jpg
34KB, 300x400px
I don't really have anything to contribute to this riveting CP discussion but I bought a Unoa L-bi boy for super cheap from Closet Child. I just got the invoice and I'm trying to thaw out my cold feet to pay. I hope he's not too fucked...
>>
>>5367768
Was wondering who snagged him. Nice job! Even if he is fucked, that's a killer price.
>>
>>5363808
I'll never understand that style of lips, but damn that is a good paint job
>>
>>5366349
>doesn't know how sealant works

sealants doesn't do anything if the paint layer underneath does not have a good bond on the surface.

And heavily diluted crappy paints doesn't bond well to surface like resin.

>doesn't know how pastels stays on
>thinking working with pastels is the same as working with paints

Wow, you're a retard, or some faceupper trying hard to troll new people in the hobby into using shitty products.
>>
>>5368189
you have serious fucking paranoia. no one is out there trying to give bad advice to noobs. i legit do faceups and have done well over 100, and have many people who recommission me over the past few years. no one has ever come to me and said that the faceup i've done has flaked or anything like that, and i've been using those paints and the same methods this whole time. none of my own personal dolls who have faceups 2-4 years old have flaked. they all are pristine with no damage. none of the heads i've ever painted and sold have had damage, no one has ever come back to me about the faceups getting fucked up. so seriously, fuck off man.
>>
File: 005.jpg (97KB, 650x614px)
005.jpg
97KB, 650x614px
>>5367940
thanks anon. i'm not a fan of the lip style either, but the person who hired me requested them. on my own dia i tried to minimize the shape of his upper lips, rather than emphasize it.
>>
What sort of bjd clothing would you guys like to see more of? Personally I wouldn't mind some more high fashion stuff. I've never been one for alternative fashions, but I like the aesthetics of bjds more than dolls like Fashion Royalty.
>>
Damn, this thread got pruned hardcore.

>>5369086
I kinda like the high fashion stuff.
I like the spacey girly fashions though, like the Novi Stars, Pullips and Pukifees that had the cutesie space aesthetic. (Uchuu-kei)
>>
>>5369108
Damn, not my aesthetic but that is cute as fuck and well coordinated.
>>
File: 20151231_161802.jpg (218KB, 1224x1632px)
20151231_161802.jpg
218KB, 1224x1632px
>loli maids deleted

Is there a name for this medical condition? A sort of chronic, continual state of wrongness?

My photography sucks but I do have loli maids. But I can't even afford uniforms and had to scrounge up parts from my clothing bin. How do I pay them?
>>
>>5369231
treating them well and headpats
>>
>>5369108
Salty pedo anon got BTFO
>>
>>5368258
>~I've done this a million ties and it never happens to me so it could never happen to anyone else!~

Get that sand out of your vagina and actually read what the other anons have been telling you. Yeah, sure, congrats that it works for you but other anons have pointed out legitimate possibilities and repercussions from using paints wrong.

I can vouch for the watercolour thing the other anon was talking about. Stop taking things personally and acknowledge that your experience is not the be-all and end-all of faceup know how.
>>
File: tumblr_n1wb1uC6Nq1qf46efo1_500.jpg (84KB, 417x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n1wb1uC6Nq1qf46efo1_500.jpg
84KB, 417x750px
>>5369086
Seconding high fashion, and also I'd like more historical clothing. Like not just "influenced by" stuff, but actual properly made pieces. 18th century stuff that actually has stomachers and panniers, Victorian stuff with proper fabric choices, and even more recent stuff like maybe some 1950s that isn't rockabilly.
>>
>>5369231
>How do I pay them?
Kanojo looks like she accepts souls or vials of blood
>>
>>5369231
buy a dollho attachment and give them some loving.
>>
>>5369108
>tfw I will never own Jupi and Mercu

I'm just happy I managed to snag a Mini Pullip Jupi. She keeps me company at work.
>>
File: frog bjd.jpg (352KB, 930x1393px)
frog bjd.jpg
352KB, 930x1393px
The thread is really quiet today. I guess everyone is winded after yesterday's excitement.
>>
>>5369801
Or celebrating with friends and family?
>>
>>5370091
;_; I'm just funposting on 4chan tonight
>>
>>5370091
good one
>>
>>5370091
I'm going to end up caving in and buying an Iplehouse one of these days, posing issues be damned.
>>
>>5369801

It's 9am on the 1st and I have nothing to do but tidy my house while I wait for the rest if my country to sober up. It won't be until next Wednesday that the country is able to function again.

>>5369477

What an outrageous claim to levy against such a sweet young miss as Kanojo.

>>5369486

Don't think one exists for the Obitsu 50?.And well not to brag but even if one did if it was in any way similar in size to the parts it replaced there's no way I'll fit.
>>
>>5370359
Use your brain, Dollhos replaced the entirety of the torso and have some give. What, you think everyone else using them has a one-inch dick?
Don't think they would work with an Obitsu though.
>>
File: CN1G5bYVEAAcw-K.jpg large.jpg (82KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
CN1G5bYVEAAcw-K.jpg large.jpg
82KB, 1024x576px
>>5370598
>What, you think everyone else using them has a one-inch dick?

Every video or image I've ever seen gives that impression. I would struggle to stick it in a DD body and the Obitsu body is even smaller than that. I just can't see any way of fitting in there.

That, and the fact I have no such interest in my dolls.
>>
>>5370748
>I have no such interest in my dolls.
That's a lot more relevant than the other thing. You just wanted to talk about your dick didn't you?

>>5370140
Right? Jesus, they're all so nicely sculpted that they can just sit there like a rock if they want and I think I'll probably still be happy.
>>
>>5370768

Wherever did you get that idea from? Ridiculous!

But hey you know what else is fun? Doll abuse!
>>
found

i'm in love with this doll
>>
>>5370748

> Every video or image I've ever seen gives that impression.

You've done your research then? And you're asking questions about it? But you have no interest in it?
>>
>>5371695
I'm female and I still have seen a shitton of these gifs and videos.
I've saved a few to show to other doll friends for shocking 'em.
Some of them really ARE disturbing (especially the ones featuring MDDs), but yes, most of them feature really tiny dicks.

>>5370140
I have two, a male EID and a female EID (with different legs).
Both can't pose for shit but I love the aesthetic so much that I sometimes catch myself looking for another EID guy.

It really helps to change their strings and give them solid sueding.
The original strings are ridiculous thin for their size, after switching them to one that were more than double the thickness they can at least hold the standard poses decently.
>>
>>5371675
whats so special about this doll?
>>
>>5372100
nothing special, per se, i just like the way she looks.

also, it doesn't hurt that she's dressed well
>>
Does anyone have a comparison between a white and semi-white DDIII? Or at least any experience between the difference of a white head on a semi-white body.

I can get a really good deal on a semi-white DDIII, so I'm curious. Otherwise I'll just wait.
>>
Normal, white, semi-white
>>
>>5372652
miku r u ok.
>>
File: FIGURE-002571.jpg (86KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-002571.jpg
86KB, 600x600px
>>5372656
The chick who posted on DoA is making a custom Calne Ca Miku
>>
>>5372652

Why does Miku have the bubonic plague?
>>
>>5372685
see >>5372669
>>
>>5372669
Awesome. Gonna have to follow this one.
>>
>>5372669
Neat
>>
>>5361938
friend, may i ask you for tips on painting eyelashes/brows? i can't manage any sort of consistency with them. also where do you buy your 20/10s?
>>
File: eclaire_001.jpg (365KB, 1280x1280px)
eclaire_001.jpg
365KB, 1280x1280px
my gf got me a limited PureNeemo for christmas and told all my friends to get me toys also, so it was a really fuckin awesome christmas in the presents department
>>
File: vel_001insta.jpg (99KB, 1080x1080px)
vel_001insta.jpg
99KB, 1080x1080px
this one is so fucking cute.....
>>
>>5373000
I have her too, she's impossibly cute. The details they manage on such tiny clothing is really impressive.
>>
File: unboxing.jpg (607KB, 1001x1649px)
unboxing.jpg
607KB, 1001x1649px
>>5373000
they all are
>>
>>5373021
ahhh fuck you're gonna make me want all three ;_;
>>
>>5372968
lashes honestly are really hard for me and i almost always am disappointed with how i paint them. eyebrows, though, i really like doing, i usually start at the outside and work my way in, and do faint strokes for the beginning of the brow. honestly xanthi's tutorial on her blog is really close to how i do mine, but i do less lines.

before i even paint the brows, though, i use pastel and do a base shape, which i fine tune with a kneaded eraser to get it the shape i want, usually keeping it lighter toward the nose, and darker further away. lately i've even been using the kneaded eraser, making as fine a point as i can with it, and erasing light strokes, then blurring them with a qtip. i seal the base shape brow layer well before painting any hair lines. the eyebrow shape base layer is actually the very first thing i do when i paint a faceup. eyebrows, to me, are the most important part, it's 90% of a dolls expression. i don't get artists who do the eyebrows last, like an after thought. i don't want to bash andreja and all those people who paint in that style, but their works all suffer from sameface syndrome because they all have the same eyebrows.

as for brushes i get them from discountartistbrush.com. its free shipping within the US for all orders. my go to brushes are Loew Cornell La Corneille 7050 Series Script Liner brushes, and usually buy at least 3-5 at a go, because those fine brushes wear out quick.
>>
File: 005.jpg (90KB, 650x643px)
005.jpg
90KB, 650x643px
>>5373153
back with a link to xanthi's tutorial in case you haven't seen it yet. it is pretty much exactly what i do. just be careful not to get carried away with doing a bunch of hairs, if you do too many they will start to just blend together and it will look like a solid mass. also don't make the base layer too dark. if you want black eyebrows, do the base layer in a charcoal grey, and use black paint for the hairs, that way you can still see the hairs and all that. basically, tl;dr "less is more"

http://jointedlove.blogspot.com/2014/09/basic-eyebrow-painting-guide.html
>>
>>5373164
Sooo are you open for commissions, anon? I'm really digging your work.
>>
>>5373179
unfortunately i'm not, anon, sorry. i've been doing the occasional job for past repeat customers that i've enjoyed working with, but i've just haven't had the strength of will to open my shop since may. i haven't lost interest in dolls, but i've just had no energy for them, i rarely do anything with my own dolls anymore. i used to try to do photoshoots but now it feels like too much work, i can't muster up the energy anymore, its like everything is a chore. its depression i'm sure but i'll stop blog rambling.

maybe after winter i'll feel like i'm not so deep in a slump and try to open again, but honestly i can't give any time estimates.
>>
File: il_570xN.589694648_f66g.jpg (84KB, 570x760px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.589694648_f66g.jpg
84KB, 570x760px
>>5373230
No worries, anon. I hope you can find your spark again.
>>
how come i always see people say volks hates western/american customers?
>>
>>5373921
Hate is a strong word but they certainly don't mind closing the US webstore for months on end. Can anyone imagine them doing that with the Japanese webstore?
>>
File: F16.jpg (60KB, 800x532px)
F16.jpg
60KB, 800x532px
>>5373921
If any they hate everyone outside of Japan (and some other close asian countries) and the US.
Fuck, US has online FCS, they really have no right to complain.

They don't "hate" them, they just don't really need us.
Volks are still mostly bought and owned in Japan, their core buyers live in their own country and international is just the cherry on top.
However, this cherry comes with a lot of extra work.
You might say "but maybe more people would buy them if they are easier to get, no wonder that they think only Japan really works" or "they don't even know how much others want them because they mostly have to buy second-hand", and there is a bit of truth to it, but it still works fine for them the way it currently goes.

A few years ago they visited a very big German toy convention and were actually looking for people who would be willing to take care of an EU store, or if there was even interest for one.
Turns out that Volks' rules are totes cray cray and nobody was willing to deal with them.
Not surprised at all.
>>
>>5373921
that's just people being salty that they can't get what they want. the same goes for the europeans who claim americans who don't ship out of the US are all lazy assholes. sour grapes as fuck.
>>
File: armpit hair.jpg (99KB, 549x815px) Image search: [Google]
armpit hair.jpg
99KB, 549x815px
>>5373949
>Turns out that Volks' rules are totes cray cray

Would you mind elaborating on some of the proposed rules? I'm wondering if the rules had to do with copyright/theft protection (i.e. recasts) or if the rules had more to do with day-to-day store operations.

Also
>web store still closed

Thanks for reminding me. Guess Mandarake gets my $$ again!
>>
>>5374049
Why did they give her armpit hair, why.
>>
File: 3541648.jpg (126KB, 1023x681px)
3541648.jpg
126KB, 1023x681px
>>5374049
I just checked, and apparently they go to the toy fair regulary, I only saw them once though.
It's the "Spielwarenmesse" in Nürnberg, Germany.
They were already there as early as 2005, and again in 2007, 2009 etc. and as far as I can see on the website they will be there again in 2016.
In the past they announced it on their website and said they were looking for a person who would be interested in working with them (you can find these posts via DoA, like here:
https://denofangels.com/threads/volks-super-dollfie-in-germany.114291/).
The rules are mostly regarding the day-to-day operations and generally how to handle the whole thing.
I can't say anymore though what it was in detail.

A Volks store is way more than just an online dealership, and Volks is generally a bit, uh, difficult about everything.
I guess the stress and all the things Volks expects from you was absolutely not worth it for anyone.
On the other hand it's of course a lot of work for Volks too and I can't blame them for wanting a person they can trust 100%.
I'm still surprised though they went more than once to the toy fair and are trying it again, seems like they really think there IS a chance if someone would just agree to work with them.
>>
>>5374103
argh, ) killed the link.
Here it is again:
https://denofangels.com/threads/volks-super-dollfie-in-germany.114291/
>>
>>5374103

It seems like the only companies who won't sell internationally are from Japan and france, two countries that tend to be up their own ass with "national pride" or whatever.

It's cool though, I just give my money to korean companies and get what I want from volks second hand.
>>
>>5374126
Most of the french ones are not companies like Volks though but single artists, you can't really compare that.
Not to mention that these artists usually have only small batches (because they can't afford bigger ones) and have enough buyers locally.

On top of that many of them don't speak English well.
Try to deal with someone if both of you only speak broken English, just look at some of the problem transaction threads on DoA for example.
>>
File: doll anus.jpg (45KB, 500x723px) Image search: [Google]
doll anus.jpg
45KB, 500x723px
>>5374060
That's a strange question.
>>
>>5374156

Man this fucking hobby sometimes....
>>
>>5374166
>>5374156
But it doesn't even make sense! That doll has completely anime blemish free skin, and somehow long armpit hair? I don't understand at all.
>>
>>5374173
Its for fetish fags
>>
>>5374173

Head over to /d anon, I'm sure there's a thread for that fetish.
>>
>>5374173
The owner probably thinks the gap between the animu look and the armpit hair is funny.
>>
>>5374181
I can honestly say I believe you and I can live happily without venturing into /b/
>>5374180
I guess, I guess there are worse things to fetishise. I guess.
>>
>>5374186
Its still pretty gross, I understand collecting dolls for the aesthetics, but even though I'm on /toy/ I still can't get over people jacking off to their dolls
>>
Patiently waiting for Volks to restock parts so I can build this doll. At least the hand joints are tagged for this month.

What are you all waiting for?
>>
>>5374049
>Would you mind elaborating on some of the proposed rules?

I remember someone working in a brick and mortar doll shop telling me that they wanted them to sell only Volks merchandise if they wanted to be their overseas dealer (meaning they'd have to cancel all their deals with other companies and lose all their existing customers).

Which is bit weird actually, didn't Volks have US dealers that sold other dolls?
>>
I've never ordered any dolls from Mandy, only outfits and other things. Can someone tell me how much EMS shipping on an SD would run me?

I've fallen head-over-heals in love with a volks SD on Mandarake and the shipping costs might make or break it for me. The doll has an original faceup - not sure if it was commissioned or done by the original owner but I'm just 100% smitten.
>>
>>5374356
probably 4-5k jpy
>>
>>5374220
I'm waiting for a few orders of clothing from various places, and Cool Cat's new DD wrist joints.

Also waiting to see if I win Takane.
>>
>>5374347
That sounds incorrect, all of the past Volks dealers I can recall (there was Kerby Lane and one other) did sell other dolls. Maybe that person was instead describing a proposed deal to open another VolksUSA branch/a Volks Sumika, which would fit the description of 'only Volks products'.
>>
So maybe I'm imagining it but it seems like we have more than one Australian anons looking for faceup artists; just saw a post that sols-crew on tumblr (located in Aus) is offering faceups for the cost of shipping in order to build their portfolio. Their work is pretty simplistic, but not bad, and it's free, so if you can't paint your own dolls and don't want them sitting blank might be work a look.
>>
>>5374173
Not to mention the fact that she doesn't even have an armpit.
>>
How easy is it to recognize recasts? Assuming they're not being sold and you can't see their headplates, are they identifiable in regular photos?
>>
>>5374776
Not really, unless the photo is just them lying next to a legit for comparison purposes (or is obviously of a resin color the legit is not available in.)
>>
>>5374816
So what are the chances that recast photos are being posted all over DoA? Do they slip the mods when there are no obvious reacst qualities being shown in photos?
>>
>>5374834
I'm sure there are a few, but honestly, the people who got into the hobby through owning recasts are also more likely to post on non-DoA websites just due to being a somewhat different crowd overall. I don't know why they'd go to the trouble of putting their dolls on DoA when they have tumblr, youtube, instagram etc.In particular it seems a lot of the recast owners communicate through youtube.
>>
>>5374622

Wait so cool cat had to make better wrist joints for the new dd3s? What happened the ultra supirior volks quality I've heard so much about?
>>
>>5375011
It's just a third-party option part for a feature the original didn't have -- in this case, fully positionable wrists. That's like saying Volks has poor quality because they don't make in-house versions of the Peach Pai bust and you have to get it from elsewhere. (The DD3 body had some structural/breakage problems on release tho, I'll give you that. But they've been fixed for years, and as for immobile wrists Volks has now made some full-rotation DD3 wrist parts of their own, don't recall if they've been released yet.)
>>
>>5375047

Ahh see that's different, I thought it was like those metal slips they sell to negate the dd3s bad shoulder design or the metal neck piece that replaces the fragile neck on the DD.

If it's purely to make poseability in the wrists even better that's fine and dandy.
>>
>>5375078
Oh, that's understandable. Yeah they're more-rotatable wrist parts similar to the ones Smartdoll has, they're called multi-angle wrists or something. (I'm not the anon who bought them but that's what Coolcat has for DD wrists, they also make the same thing for the shoulders iirc.)

The wrists will apparently even work with DD2 if you cut the stem a little shorter which makes me want to get them too.
>>
>tens of thousands of dollars worth of dolls
>most of them have no face up
>a few have obviously had face markings drawn on with pen

@4:54 for some good shit

she could stop buying dolls for a year and get them all professional faced up, fuck.
>>
>>5375521
woops helps if I link vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW0XbeFpGF4
>>
>>5375524
Jesus christ. This is kind of depressing, so many of them just lying there unfinished. What's even the point of having that many and getting more while tons sit blank, unless you really are approaching the hobby with a collect-as-many-as-possible goal>
>>
>>5375524
Holy SHIT I knew she had a lot but damn.
>>
File: ren.jpg (25KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
ren.jpg
25KB, 512x384px
>>5375524
people who buy new dolls before finishing the ones they have are the worst. absolutely infuriating.

also is this girl rich or did she put herself in debt for this shit?
>>
>>5375546
I'm personally under the impression that she has a decent income and spreads some of these out over layaways, based on her posts in the local group.
>>
>>5375559
even with layaways that is A LOT of money to blow in one year alone, given how many she said were new from 2015. she clearly has issues, buying one doll after the other like an addict. i don't see how anyone could even maintain excitement when you get a new one every couple of weeks. she obviously doesn't give a shit about them once she has them, otherwise they'd be finished/have faceups.
>>
>>5375524
i imagine this would be nightmare fuel for some people.

christ, how do you have that much money and still manage to make all of your dolls look awful
>>
File: 2016-01-02_23-04-01.png (222KB, 320x311px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-02_23-04-01.png
222KB, 320x311px
>>5375524
This is fucking me up.
>>
>>5375601
Yeah why would anyone want to own about a dozen of those awful Goodreau anthros? Ugliest damn things I've ever seen.
>>
File: 2016-01-02_23-13-00.png (202KB, 432x302px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-02_23-13-00.png
202KB, 432x302px
>>5375609
When I saw how circular and lumpy the heads were I thought they were home made or something but then I looked em up. Does anyone know what this thing is? I didn't see it in the Mushroom Peddler store.
>>
>>5375609
Okay, what's the deal with Goodreau? I haven't been in the hobby long but I keep seeing the name pop up, typically accompanied by a comment about them looking bad, but is that it? Are they just hideous and that's why so many people hate them?
>>
>Prepping prototype #2 to be cast. I am going to front for 5, but if you are interested, I will put you on the notification list. The 5 will be in a light grey, unless ordered otherwise, with the Mirodoll 68cm body.

i hope shes not planning on casting this as-is... is she blind..?
>>
>>5375660
aesthetically and stylistically it's really neat and unique. i feel like there's no reason to hate it for the way it's stylized because it seems to have been made tastefully and purposefully.

however it does have some unfinished, unrefined lines. maybe she's doing a test cast to see where she needs to fix some obvious blunders?
>>
>>5375624
They were an 'American BJD company' (they really played up the all-american angle) with ridiculously ugly sculpts, so yeah, that's basically it.
>>
>>5375660
Well, I assume 'prepping' means she has some sanding and smoothing to do still, but what's wrong with it? It's not cute, but it's pretty interesting. Some people like (and make) weird dolls.
>>
>>5375717
it still needs a lot of work, not just a couple things, like hours and hours of work. there are divots all over it, the mouth looks completely unfinished, the eyeholes are messy as hell and it doesn't have eyelids (that's a matter of taste I suppose) all of those sanding scratches are going to show up when she casts it.

it's completely unfinished
>>
>>5375769
Sure, but they're not about to send it right away, they're just offhandedly mentioning that they intend to prepare it to cast when finished and will be offering it for sale. I dont know, an unfinished/half-finished doll isn't really worth snarking at when there are so many ugly ones out there that people think look completely finished and fine.
>>
File: move along, citizen.jpg (999KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
move along, citizen.jpg
999KB, 1920x1200px
>>5375660
makes me think of some sort of religious mask. temple guards. or ordinators from morrowind.
>>
>>5375831
she made it sound like she was preparing the mold already, not still working on it

no need to get all white knighty anon
>>
>>5375831
Believe me anon, people like her exist who do indeed think that this state is "finished".

Friend of mine sculpted her first head and the amount of time she spent sculpting versus "finishing" was basically 20% versus 80% of her time.
Smoothing, filling up, sanding is a bitch.
That right there?
Easily 20 hours or more work still ahead.

Itself the idea is cool, he would make a great father for that Dollzone Benjamin.

>>5375521
I had at first a bad feeling because a lot of my dolls are blank too (but spoiled rotten otherwise).
But...I don't even have nearly as much as her.

To the ones who ask why people buy new dolls while the others are still blank:
limiteds.
Before this whole limited bullshit started it was way easier to just have a doll and take your time finishing it.
That's how I always did it.

Nowadays I buy a doll, usually it's limited, because it fits perfectly the character and I don't want to be raped on the second-hand price.
It can be stored here in safety till I have the time to paint something besides commissions.
Not to mention that it gets harder and harder to get a slot with really good artists, some of my friends have blank dolls because they are still waiting for the right, and available, artist to show up.
>>
>>5376042
There really is a shortage of decent faceup artists out there. I'm not about to let some random person from tumblr try out their third faceup ever on my doll either.

l would do my own faceups, but the whole sealant thing is my main issue. Forget the vent gear issue. All of the houses in my neighborhood are on zero lots, so I basically have no where to spray. I don't want to spray on the front yard since we have a lot of dogs/cats/kids in this neighborhood. What I wouldn't give for a safe sealant.
>>
>>5375524
I'd rather have one adorable doll with a great faceup, a few wigs and lots of cute clothes than the hundreds of unfinished atrocities she owns. Those little creature dolls are so cute though, I want them.
>>
File: Suezomr4.png (365KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Suezomr4.png
365KB, 640x480px
>>5375619
It reminds me of Suezo, how cute! Hope someone can give you info about it.
>>
>>5376284
some artists are now using liquitex matte mediums sprayed on with airbrushes rather than all the poisonous aerosol sprays.

i'm always tooting xanthi's horn, but she has made some posts about something called "Vallejo Premium Acrylic Polyurethane Varnish", and it seems to be working really well for her. the only issue is that airbrushes cost a lot of fucking money. if i had the energy and the will to keep up with doing faceups all the time, i'd probably invest in one, but the cost, and the fact i've never used one and would have to deal with a learning curve, has put me off it.
>>
>>5376366
Holy shit you're right. Suezo doll!

>>5375923
>white knightly
I think they were just reading the post differently. What the fuck does white knight even mean anymore when we throw it around like this?

>>5376284
I'm not familiar with a zero lot, but if you get a respirator mask you can just spray anywhere inside as long as nobody else is around; once the spray is dry it's no longer toxic.
Or you could try a brush-on sealant.
>>
At the last meet I went to there was a chick who supposedly owned upwards of 50 dolls. I asked her (politely) how and why she owns so many. She told me that her grandfather had died and she ended up with a huge inheritance. She was depressed after his death, and ended up blowing nearly all of her money on dolls. Supposedly she regrets it and is trying to sell most of them.
>>
>>5376602
That's interesting, though probably unusual; I think most of the people who own too many dolls + are always trying to sell a bunch are doing so as result of habitual impulse buying and poor spending habits, since most of them still are actively buying more.
>>
>>5376042

This person speaks the truth.

I'd rather buy a limited doll head ~$200 now and have it sitting safely in my cupboard, than have to hunt it down later and either never find on the second hand market, or pay $600+ for a yellowed, dirty, damaged, and possibly recast head.

Even if that means having yet another floating head, and less money for complete dolls. I mean, it's not as if the dolls I already have would complain about being naked a little longer, so as long as I'm not shoving them in everyone's face, who cares?
>>
>>5376602
Man, that money could probably have gone into a deposit on a house. I'd feel terrible if that were me.
>>
>>5375624
As other anon said, they were American made, and really more resembled porcelain dolls or those lumpy ugly-cute baby dolls that older women collect. Not for the bjd market at all. They also produced in both resin and vinyl. I haven't handled one of their resin ones, but I have a vinyl one that's been sitting around forever and she's kind of awful. Odd body shape, and calling her a bjd is a very loose generous term. She's strung, but its more like how a vintage doll is strung (shoulders and hips have hooks in them that a single loop of elastic passes through and then is knotted in head). Elbows and knees are rough hinge joints, wrists and ankles are a strand of elastic tied/hot glued into either socket. Everything looks kind of flat and cheap sculpt wise and was obviously meant to be covered with loosely fitted clothing. I'm planning to just restyle mine and do a giveaway or something.
>>
File: 2d_nicole_05.jpg (113KB, 710x1103px)
2d_nicole_05.jpg
113KB, 710x1103px
Anyone here have a 2D Doll, specifically one of their MSD dolls? I'm considering ordering Nicole here, and I remember some anons talking about them before but I don't recall anything about their smaller dolls.
>>
>>5375524
She got about as many dolls in a year as I plan on getting in a lifetime.
>>
>>5376602
>tfw depressed and also a long time doll admirer and does not own a single one
>getting large inheritance at the end of this year

except I'm going to do the smart thing and buy a house and ONE doll. Okay maybe three, I mean I at least need to have an anmie waifu, realistic husbando and something weird for a good even spread.
>>
File: Wendy_012.png (3MB, 1166x1750px)
Wendy_012.png
3MB, 1166x1750px
>>5377219
>getting an inheritance big enough to buy a house
so jelly i feel like crying

posting dolls for relevance
>>
>>5377219
Might be best to put a dollar cap rather than a doll cap on this.

Example: Inheriting $100,000, spend $1,500 max on doll stuff or something like that. That way, you don't go crazy with buying clothes or whatever.
>>
File: 20121112171216566.jpg (141KB, 537x408px)
20121112171216566.jpg
141KB, 537x408px
>>5377293
Yeah I only found out last month, desu I would have been happy with a couple hundred dollars, not the hgue windfall im getting. Shit could still go wrong tho so I'm not facing the reality of it yet.

>doll i totally want to buy
>>
>>5377307

will you buy me a doll too, anon? :(
>>
>>5377327
That doesnt sound like a sound investment of my money anon.

maybe i'll do a /toy/ bjd thread raffle for next xmas. that would be fun and a good way to pay back the thread for welcoming me and giving me entertainment even though I dont own any dolls.
>>
>>5376877
and this exactly what ive done for my entire stay in this hobby. floating heads are frustrating look at and you easily forget you have them but im ready to start working again at least I have them. bodies are expensive but they're hardly in short supply.
>>
>>5377307
I'm happy for you anon. do you have student loans?
>>
>>5377422
Nope! I've got like 1.5k in interest free loans but they'll be paid off before I even get the inheritance.

>cutest rabbit doll I've seen
I could see myself buying way too many animal dolls.
>>
File: suzubb.jpg (163KB, 500x708px)
suzubb.jpg
163KB, 500x708px
I wanna make a Suzuya custom but...I have no idea which version of him I'd want to make. Cries.
>>
File: Maria_2_001.png (1MB, 648x972px)
Maria_2_001.png
1MB, 648x972px
>>5377453
>tfw you made bad decisions in high school and you're repaying your student loans on a 60-year plan
sadfrog.jpeg

dolls are just a distraction from my suffering
>>
>>5377576
>60 years
Is... is that normal for student loans? How much debt do you have?
>>
>>5377576
I know that exact fucking feel, bro. I'll be done with my loans on my 48th birthday (I'm 27)
>>
>>5377589
i mean.. for lower middle class people I guess. my parents couldn't pay any upfront, and as an 18 year old i didnt know what the fuck i was doing and they pretty much told me "lol its okay everyone has student loans!!"

right now I have my private bank loan which is the only one i pay because my parents co-signed for me, and I have like 48k left there, and my federal student loans are about 100K and i can't make those payments at all even though I've tried to set up income based repayment on three different occasions and they fucking always just drop me for some reason. i'm going to file for bankruptcy once I sell my car to my gf (so they can't repo it) so at least I'll only have those to worry about

>>5377617
i'm about to be 27 bro, i wish you luck. I had one of my rich friends offer to pay $1000 per month on my student loans and it was really hard to refuse
>>
>>5377656
Holy hell that's awful. I'm shit poor so FAFSA covered my ass for the most part, and community college is cheap.

Good luck with all of that!!
>>
anyone have any good references for sewing bikinis for bjds? im not sure what to do for the straps at such a small size.
>>
>>5377656
But if you declare bankruptcy you don't default on your student loans. You literally can't default on them. You'd be abolishing your credit and prevent yourself from getting future loans (think: buying a house) for nothing if your goal is to remove your student loan debt.

inb4 >hurr durr reddit but I suggest you check out the personal finance subreddit. Those motherfuckers know exactly what they're talking about and will offer you solid advice.
>>
where can i commission a custom doll from?
>>
>>5377576
I'm sorry, I just - that is fuck a pretty doll and I want her. So much.
>>
>>5377816
tfw phone corrects such to fuck. A+
>>
File: Maria_1_001.png (363KB, 361x583px) Image search: [Google]
Maria_1_001.png
363KB, 361x583px
>>5377694
thanks buddy. i feel a deep sense of camaraderie with doll general even though i only stop by once in a while
>>5377728
yeah I know all of this, but I figured with this much student debt I won't be buying a house in the next 7 years anyway. my plan was that I'd file for bankruptcy and my gf and I would work together to make sure SHE has good credit.. and it's not like i just have one credit card I can't make payments on... I made some really bad decisions in my early twenties.

I will definitely go to reddit though, Ive never really gotten the hang of it, but if theres a purpose I could give it a shot

>>5377816
awww thank you anon! she's a minifee Rheia with a faceup by darjeeling aesthetics. i'm thinking about getting her some of those weird oscardoll eyes with the gem pupils. I used to not like them but theyre growing on me.

>>5377714
I've seen people just use ribbon for straps before. This isn't much help, but check Etsy for sewing patterns maybe?
>>
>>5377888
Oh man, I'd seriously love a minifee Rheia. They're honestly one of my favorite dolls, once I get enough money I'm absolutely getting one.

She's seriously stunning, you did a really good job with her.
>>
>>5377714
Bias tape and a lot of patience, or ribbon/cord.
>>
>>5377799
What level of custom are we talking? Like a completely custom sculpt? I think Nobilitydoll used to do that but I'm not sure if they still do.
>>
>>5377888
I just realized, I've seen this doll before. Neverland-BJD, yeah?
>>
>>5377942
>>5377942
id be happy with hand painting, redoing hair and custom clothes
>>
File: 1451775117224.jpg (57KB, 526x573px) Image search: [Google]
1451775117224.jpg
57KB, 526x573px
>>5365838
>>
File: sweat.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
sweat.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
>>5377961
y-yeah

i don't have many followers there but that's where i put all my doll shit
>>
>>5378012
Would you mind terribly if I drew Maria? I truly love her design.
>>
>>5377970
So you're looking for someone who can do their faceup and sort of style the whole doll for you?

Damn, if my skills were up to par, I'd totally want to do this for people kek
>>
>>5378015

sure! damn, i'm really flattered. someone else on tumblr drew her too, it's really cool ;_;

I should probably get around to drawing her myself soon...
>>
>>5378017
look up lulemee, she makes dolls look amazing.
lulemee is the style of shit that i would like but i dont think she sells much or does commissions
>>
File: New_Blank_Canvas_2357392.png (111KB, 589x571px) Image search: [Google]
New_Blank_Canvas_2357392.png
111KB, 589x571px
>>5378031
S-Sorry, anon, it's not much. My hands have been killing me lately.. (I really ought to go to the doctor, but I'm broke.)
>>
>>5378053
Anon, I think you might be looking in the wrong thread. It doesn't seem to quite be a BJD you want. Maybe check out the MH thread instead?
>>
>>5378078
nah i want an elsa doll not a MH one.
yeah im rely just grasping at straws trying to find some one who will make an elsa doll from scratch or remake a store model into a rely well made one
>>
>>5378086
Like, have a BJD made into Elsa?

While I'm sure it can be done, I'm just wondering if you're familiar with BJD anon. Not trying to be condescending, I just wanted to know if you know how much more these dolls go for versus other types of dolls.
>>
>>5378059
holy shit anon! good job, thank you!!

be careful with your hands, tendinitis is a bitch
>>
>>5378123
I'm glad you like her! I've been trying to rest up my hands a bit, but she's just really lovely so I couldn't resist. Have a good one! I'm gonna go back to lurking.
>>
>>5378118
honestly no al i saw was BJD? doll as the header so i thought this was appropriate?
care to school me on BJD?
all i want is a cute well made elsa doll to cuddle cos im so lonely
>>
>>5377970
What style are you looking for, and what kind of doll? You might have to piece it out and have different people do each part. Not a lot of people do full looks.
>>
>>5378177
BJD is Ball Jointed Doll. If you're looking for a custom Elsa doll, you might wanna go ask in the Disney Doll thread. BJDs are a specific sort of doll, usually highly articulated and made of resin, and strung with elastic. They can be anywhere from a few inches to almost human size, though most are between 1 to 2 feet tall. If you want a custom Elsa, it could be done as a BJD, but price wise I'm going to guess you'd rather have the Disney Store 17" doll with a custom restyling. Disney thread is here >>5283608
>>
>>5378177
Well, like the other anon said, it's possible but you're probably gonna have to go to different people to get stuff done. If you are looking at a BJD specifically though, you gotta be ready to shell out hundreds of dollars. The wig in this photo alone is worth around $120.

But BJD are meant to be customized, so if you're just looking for a character doll, maybe other anons could suggest cheaper alternatives? But again, that depends on the aesthetic you're going for.
>>
>>5378221
price isnt a problem if i get quality, and an accurate portrayal.
so yeah i guess this is the right thread cos i want something i can pose so it will have to have ball points unless there any other posabule options out there?
>>
>>5378232
The tricky part if you want to go BJD is finding the size you want, and then the headsculpt that best suits. If you want the movie cartoon style, I think maybe you should look at Fairyland's dolls. How big of a doll do you want?

(also, just fyi, saying price isn't a problem is a slipperly slope here. we're talking a type of doll that can cost anywhere from just over a hundred to several thousand dollars)
>>
>>5378265
>cost anywhere from just over a hundred to several thousand dollars
its like you dont have a wifu
i have never had a doll before so idk what size to get
im taking a guess by the way the post have been going but im going to have to find a body then a head after that a wig then find some one to paint the face.
lastly ill have to find some clothes?
>>
>>5378292
It's a standard warning we give people since so many come into the hobby and are surprised when a doll costs more than $20 or something absurd like that.

I think also, many of us don't have waifus. The /jp/ thread with the Dollfie Dreams are full of people with waifus though (IIRC).

You might find a body WITH the head you want or you might not. I advise focusing on finding a head and worrying about the body after. Iplehouse is good for realism, Fairyland and Luts have more big eyed dolls.

Wig and clothes will have to be custom made by someone, and you definitely want to save those for last.

Dolls tend to come in three sizes: "yosd" which are like, 20-30cm and childlike (I assume not what you're going for), "msd" which are 40-49cm and then "sd" which are 50cm+, though typically 60cm+.
>>
Question. Would any of you rec buying a used doll? I'm new the hobby and honestly seriously just considering getting a used doll. I don't care much about resale value or whatever, I just want a doll to play with and stuff without dealing with the .. uh, everything, that comes with starting from scratch. At least for now.

And if so, any recs for places to buy a used BJD?
>>
>>5378367
Den of Angels marketplace and facebook groups like BJD Adoption will be places you can look.

As for reccing, I've had positive experiences buying dolls secondhand, but for the love of all things holy, always pay as goods and services and log everything.
>>
>>5378367
DoA as mentioned and there's also Mandarake.
>>
>>5378367
Wait, do you want second-hand out of fear to destroy a new doll or do you want one because you want a "finished" doll ready to play with?
Assuming because of the "starting from scratch" comment I guess it's the latter?

If it's the latter it doesn't have to be second-hand, not to mention that second-hand is no guarantee to get a finished doll that looks like you want it.
You can also get full-sets from certain companies or by an already painted doll from them and shop for clothes somewhere else.

Still, DoA and Mandarake are good places to start.
Mandarake especially if you don't mind a bit of work, there are a few cheap Volks there that just need a good scrub and some care.
>>
>>5378059
I have the beginning stages of carpel tunnel from work. I started using a belladonna ointment over a year ago and it's been an absolute miracle for my hands. Takes care of swelling and pain and keeps it away for a while (in other words, I don't need to use it every day, just when symptoms occur). I pay $20 CAD for the ointment which is harvested and made by an herbalist in her kitchen. I'd be happy to share the web shop with you if you'd like.
>>
best sites to buy clothes and accessories from?
>>
>>5378673
Honestly guys, put at least a tiny bit more effort into your questions.

How much are you willing to pay, what kind of stuff are you interested in, what sizes do you need?
Else I can ony give you "try the internet".
>>
>>5378696
man why be like that? how hard would it be to just write down a couple wed sites so i can go and explore whats out there?
>>
Stop spoonfeeding the retard
>>
>>5378608
Not that anon but I'd be interested in the web address
>>
>>5378744
www.sylk.com.au
>>
>>5378744
I'm >>5378608

Its fernandfungi.com. I suggest signing up for her mailing list, so that you know as soon as restocks are available. She does tend to sell out quickly of the ethnobotanical ointments. You can always shoot her an email and ask when she expect to have more ready too - she's really sweet and really puts a lot of effort into her products. It's a magic/pagan based site but there's no BS with her products.
>>
>>5378712
Did you not read that post? We need to know what size and style of clothing. There are a billion websites how the fuck are we supposed to give you helpful information if we don't even know what you're looking for?

You've basically walked up to a group of people and said "SO WHERE DO I BUY CLOTHES?!" and you're bitching because our answer was "the mall." We can't tell you what stores to go to unless we know your size and style. Get it now?
>>
>>5378712
Because BJDs don't work like that.
There is not ONE place, or a few, that sells good stuff for everyone and everything.
Also how hard it is for you to give a bit more information if you already demand help OR stop being a lazy cunt and look for yourself?

If you only want to have something to look at, try this and have fun clicking through the list:
http://bjdcollectasy.com/companies-other-links/
or try Taobao, etsy and ebay.
>>
>>5375524
... I sold her one of those dolls, but it was a few years ago. Huh. Had no problems with her, though, so cannot complain. Paid in a timely manner, no layaway. The doll actually looks like it did when I sent it to her, which needed to be refaceupped, but had kind of a crude one.

I think she's going over all the dolls in her collection, rather than just purchases for 2015.

>>5375572
Yeah, I agree. I'm kind of at the point where I only buy a few dolls a year, but am still pretty much drained of excitement when they come in.

>>5378712
dollmore.net
Has shit tons of clothes. Not the best quality, but cheap enough in a variety of sizes. We don't know your tastes or dolls. I am a bad psychic. The link from >>5378797 has a huge list for you to go through.
>>
>>5377888
Is the offer from the rich friend still out there? Speaking as a rich friend it's really sad and frustrating when we want to help a loved one and pride prevents them from accepting it. Maybe there's more to it and your friend would have been a douche about it. I've made a few fuckhuge loans to friends and never asked for it back, it never comes up, and the people I loaned it to eventually stopped thanking me every time they exhaled which was nice (the stopping I mean).
If that friend is still willing and they can truly afford it please rethink that. Money is relative, I'm sure you'd loan a friend an equivalent portion of your assets if they needed it. Try not to think about the number and look at it as a percentage of what the rich friend has. If you know for a fact that that is an easily doable amount for them just take them up on it and try not to feel weird about it, you're probably asking them a favor as sometimes the guilt of having lucked out is really hard to deal with when the people you love are struggling. You can always cancel it later if they are lording it over you or you just can't handle the blow to your pride.
>>
>>5379013
>I think she's going over all the dolls in her collection, rather than just purchases for 2015.
She stops and says 'new in 2015' after quite a few of them, which is what the other anons are referring to when they are surprised by how much she bought.
>>
File: image.jpg (126KB, 600x617px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126KB, 600x617px
>>5379078
coming from a poor friend who has a wealthier s/o, aunt, and best friend, it's less pride but more guilt. i feel like im burdening my bf when he offers to help pay for stuff, and recently my aunt offered to help me out with paying back some massive loans. even though i accepted her offer i feel a massive wave of guilt everytime i see that she's deposited money to my account.

there's also the feeling of wanting to be able to return the favor but really having no means to. im not saying im the kind of person who expects something in return everytime i do something nice and vice versa with others, but saying "thank you" sometimes feels like it's not enough, no matter how many times you say it.
>>
File: image.jpg (78KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78KB, 540x540px
also imma post some dolls to keep on topic
>>
File: image.jpg (90KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90KB, 480x640px
this particular doll has the same name as me
>>
File: image.jpg (123KB, 429x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123KB, 429x640px
>>
File: image.jpg (161KB, 427x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
161KB, 427x640px
>>
File: Hamburger_Gliedermann.jpg (88KB, 528x859px) Image search: [Google]
Hamburger_Gliedermann.jpg
88KB, 528x859px
GEFUNDEN
>>
File: image.jpg (50KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 400x600px
>>
>>5363693
Congratiulations!
You've been Pinkie Pied!
>>
File: image.jpg (73KB, 750x494px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73KB, 750x494px
Which one of you guys submitted this? It's silly to think that the 4chan bjd threads are ~exclusive~ and privitized but all this flashy announcement of the thread on confession blogs is just kinda cringy and embarrassing.
>>
File: tumblr_m8lzmlKXVR1qzdscno1_.jpg (143KB, 427x640px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m8lzmlKXVR1qzdscno1_.jpg
143KB, 427x640px
>>5379078
Adding to what the other anon said, I personally often declined help because there's a saying in my language that goes "with money friendship comes to an end".
Basically no matter how good your friendship is, if money is involved it sooner or later tends to go down.

You may offer it now, but the other person would feel guilty not to pay you back.
Then they might realize they can take advantage of it (because some people can't stop when it comes to money) and it's a slippery slope from then on.
Or they start feeling incredible bad about owing you money, or they feel attacked by your offers and might think you just want to flaunt your money etc.
Money is difficult.
>>
>>5379417
sounds like spookfairy/dollfairy to me. she's the first to have liked it, and when she confessed about someone here before she also referred to the person as "bitch" and her post had a similar tone.
>>
>>5379429
Well. I did lend money to friends, but I considered it given, so I'm not expecting it back ever...
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 740x1110px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 740x1110px
>>5379457
Not everyone acts exactly like you, anon.
>>
File: image.jpg (74KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74KB, 400x600px
>>
File: image.jpg (144KB, 485x728px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144KB, 485x728px
>>
File: image.jpg (67KB, 728x485px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67KB, 728x485px
>>
Just saw the new Herakles body from Iple.

They really want me to see dolls as lewd things instead of just cute and comforting ones.

Ipledolls are so nice. They have that touch of realism that make them so appealing.

Also male doll who actually look like men instead of girls with penis.
>>
File: image.jpg (216KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
216KB, 700x467px
>>
>>5379496
i didnt know about this so i had to go check. i almost did a spit take when the music started, its inexplicably hilarious to me. but i must say, GODDAMN does rex look good on that body. i can only hope they put some thought into the engineering and not just the muscles for once.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaveqU7vA7U
>>
>>5379429
Sometimes it does, sure. I'd say to the struggling anon that it depends on how good your friendship is and how real your rich friend is. I won't lie I have had a couple of friendships fall apart either over loans or jealousy, but I've got a couple of friends who have gladly taken a little help and accepted that it just wasn't a big deal. The relativity idea was key there, with the understanding that giving them (for instance) $1000 was the equivalent of them giving someone a hundred. It really, really depends on the person. If it's someone who flaunts their wealth and likes to brag and show off then yeah, probably don't want to take anything from them. If they shop at goodwill and do everything else they can to hide their wealth and are generous without being showy it's probably okay.
That's just my opinion as someone who is extremely grateful to be as lucky as I have been and absolutely do not want to be recognized as wealthy.
But yeah, it's complicated, and the punch line here is that back when I was barely making rent I wouldn't have accepted help from anyone. And if my life as it is now fell apart I'd live on the street before I'd ask any of my friends to take me in.
I don't know if that makes me a hypocrite or just generally full of shit. Either way sorry for blogging and offering advice on something that personal.
>>
>>5379496
I saw it too. Their commentary was pretty funny.

tldr;
>We made muscle men
>Everyone else started making muscle men
>We want to be snowflakes again with an even more muscular body
>>
>>5379525
the funny thing is, dollshe's 28m still has a more muscular impression, and granado has more muscular dolls than what the herakles body is. so unless this new body can actually pose worth a shit its nothing special.
>>
File: 20150930_204532.jpg (185KB, 1224x1632px) Image search: [Google]
20150930_204532.jpg
185KB, 1224x1632px
>>5379417

I'm just happy that I made someone upset enough to say that about me.
>>
>>5379537
Yeah, I cracked up at that irony, because it honestly does not look like it has any other complex poseability. It looks like a larger scaled EID body.
>>
>>5379545
you're a big weirdo, but getting upset like they did is even more silly than your currency.
>>
>>5379537

Since it's iplehouse I'll be shocked if it can stand at sit without major sueding.
>>
>>5379605

And then they ruined it by posting the 'Australians continue to shit post lol' confession. Such an edge lord dude.
>>
FRESH PITA BREAD: >>5379917

>>
File: maria_000001.jpg (354KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
maria_000001.jpg
354KB, 1280x1707px
>>5379078
I get this in some cases, all of my close friends are rich, but it isn't their money either. I went to art school so most people were there on their parents' dime and continue to live off of it, so lots of them have helped me in the past, given me expensive gifts, etc. and I thank them but try not to get too grovely about it because I know it's not their money.

The friend that offered is the same situation. She's a very sweet girl who was just a fan of my work on the internet and reached out to me. She came to visit once and everything. She's from Dubai, I have a feeling her family has more money than anyone I know could even imagine, but at the same time, her family is very protective of her (she had a bodyguard hovering around us when I hung out with her..) and I feel like if they found out she was giving me $1000 a month, she'd get in big trouble..

Especially because it would take like four years to finish paying off. If she offered to do it all in one go, I'd probably accept, but I don't want her to have to commit to that..
>>
>>5378523
It's a mix of both, really - because I don't know what I'm doing, I'd prefer to get something that's been used and slowly work my way from there, if that makes sense? Getting used to a doll that I'm not super worried about breaking and such would be better for now, especially since I've got a couple of little 'helpers' now.

But thank you very much for the info, anons! I'll check them out. You're a big help.
>>
>>5379504
But muscles on boys are fuckin gross.
Thread posts: 326
Thread images: 88

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.